PDA

View Full Version : New classic 12"

Ronin
04-09-2003, 03:24 AM
The next classic 12" will be: Ewok 2-Pack, Bikerscout and Luke Skywalker. I have seen on some sites that it would be a ANH Luke (again....). But the other ones are Endor origin. Maybe it is the Luke in Endor Gear without Speederbike ? What do you think ?

Beast
04-09-2003, 03:36 AM
There will actually be four figures in that assortment. The 4th being Yoda w/ Lightsaber from AOTC's. The reason they are releasing another Tatooine Luke in the 12" is for people new to the collecting hobby would have access to one at retail.

Plus it's also Hasbro attempting to please US fans, by making a former UK Exclusive, availabe in the states. Luke: Tatooine with slashing Lightsaber action was released many years ago, along with the Quickdraw Han and Slashing Saber Vader.

Han's already been released, in the assortment containing the AT-ST Driver and Lando: Skiff Guard. There is no word on when or if to expect a release of the Vader. By the way, this is already being discussed in the following thread.

But there is no sense merging, as the discussion of the four figures, doesn't start til nearly halfway thru. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14246

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ronin
04-09-2003, 04:12 AM
I am from Germany and the quickdraw Han and slashing lightsaber Luke were European exclusives. I have bought them here in Germany at Toys R Us. The European quickdraw Han is definitly another sculpt then the new one in the last US-Assortment ! Completly different headsculpt. The blaster and clothes are different, too.
Hasbro won't bring this exclusives to the US, i think Luke will be different, too.
In my opinion the head of the European Han is the best likeness of all. I was just wondering why these figures are not so sought-after in the US.

Here is an example:http://www.spaceshop-online.de/NewsImages/12Solo.jpg

Beast
04-09-2003, 04:17 AM
Yes, I know they are different sculpts. Hasbro said that they were going to change the sculpts. But that's only due to releasing the sculpts and clothing detail again that were featured on figures so long ago wouldn't fly. Compare those first few 12" figures with what came later and you'll see a huge jump in quality. :)

Collectors who recall the U.K. 12" Han and Luke with swinging arm action features from the old Collector Series will be glad to know that Hasbro plans on re-introducing them for the Saga line in 2003 . Han Solo with swinging blaster action from A New Hope will be the first released in the assortment coming in February which also includes the AT-ST Driver and Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise. Luke Skywalker (A New Hope) with swinging lightsaber action will then follow later in the year.

Both will be updated from the previous POTF2 Collector Series incarnations and feature new head sculpts and toolings. The action features are activated by a button in the back of the figure. Hasbro sees this as an opportunity to give new collectors in the scene a chance to acquire these classic characters in retail. Stay tuned for more details and photos as we receive them.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
04-09-2003, 09:01 AM
I'll definately be picking up a Biker Scout or 2 if that rumor holds true. If the price is right I might get the Ewoks. Yoda is pretty much a necessity as well so I can someday have the complete Jedi Council, either the AOTC or TPM version will be fine.

Beast
04-09-2003, 10:09 AM
Looks like we'll see the figures from the next 12" Asst. next week, according to Hasbro's Star Wars site.

Be sure to check back next week to see the next wave of 12 inch figures
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sease9
04-09-2003, 10:51 AM
When are these due?

Ook
04-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Ronin

I have carbonite Han, and that looks just like him....

Ronin
04-09-2003, 11:28 AM
I have carbonite Han too. And it is another headsculpt. Carbonite Han is the same as Bespin Han from the 3-Pack. Looks like he has bitten in a lemon or something. The European sculpt is a lot better. It has also a full movable neck like the Episode 1 12".

Ronin
04-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Here is a comparison of Han Carbonite, Han Europe Exclusive and Han Endor. I apologize for the bad quality. It is an good example to show what rubbish Carbonite Han and Endor Han sculpts are...
http://www.spaceshop-online.de/NewsImages/12solo2.jpg
Han Carbonites skin does not look very healthy :-) The third lost brother of Data :-)))

jpak001
04-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Huh, I have to agree with Ronin. That Han headsculpt looks great to me! Better than any versions we've gotten so far (except maybe the POTJ Han Stormtrooper).

EDIT: After looking at those comparison pics, I'll say the Han Stormtrooper is definitely more acurate. This one looks a little more "pudgy" in the second pic.

Ook
04-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah, he is different. Thanks for the pic. I can't tell which I would prefer with the lighting conditions, though. I didn't like carb Han at all at first. But I bought the set on ebay for the block. After having the fig sit in the box for a while, the face grew on me and I'm going to use him for my only Han. I have original CS Han coming in the mail, and I'm gonna redress carb Han in his SW outfit.

jpak001
04-09-2003, 02:09 PM

Hey Ronin,
I know this is off-topic, but that luke bespin scene in the background of your first pic is very cool! Did you make that yourself?

Ronin
04-09-2003, 03:21 PM
@Jpak001: Thank you very much, yes I did that myself. On the foto you just see one side of the diorama. If you like to see it whole, please go to: http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/visitors/Bings/Bings01.asp
Frank (Niubniub) shows there a little series of my diorama :-)

jpak001
04-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Woah! Dude, that is AWESOME!! nice work!

Exhaust Port
04-09-2003, 10:05 PM
How did you create the backdrop?

derek
04-09-2003, 11:31 PM
I was just wondering why these figures are not so sought-after in the US.

i think most people don't know about them and the only place i've ever seen them is on E-Bay.

that euro han does look pretty good though. i'll have to find one now.:) the head looks really close to the carbonite han, but it looks like it was altered slightly, but it definately looks like the same guy sculpted both heads.

did the EURO vader ever see production? i know he is pictured on the back of the EURO luke box, but i've never seen an actual figure.:confused:

Jayspawn
04-09-2003, 11:41 PM
It sounds like a promising 12" wave to me. I'd like to get a 12" Bikerscout aside from the Speederbike. I'd love a new 12" scale Yoda w/ lightsaber.

Ronin
04-10-2003, 04:59 AM
@Exhaust Port: The Backdrop is cardboard and foamcore mixed. The texturing is a printout which you can get at Niubniubs Site. I printed it out on full-decal paper. All the rest is handmade of things i found anywhere. One of the Rockets was a salt-can, some of the tubes were pencils or kebab-sticks. I added very much detail, allways comparing the original scene, i only missed out the tower on the left side, because of sparing space (it is big enough ;-))

@Derek: If you like i can look if i can get the Euro-Han for you, its not very rare here. Luke is a good catch, too. The Vader is on the shelves here. But it's quite boring because it is the same Vader as the US-Version WITHOUT the phrases ! He just breathes...
I am waiting for the Marmit Vader... hehe

derek
04-10-2003, 07:11 PM
@Derek: If you like i can look if i can get the Euro-Han for you, its not very rare here. Luke is a good catch, too. The Vader is on the shelves here. But it's quite boring because it is the same Vader as the US-Version WITHOUT the phrases ! He just breathes...
I am waiting for the Marmit Vader... hehe

cool!:cool: i can't do it this month, as my car died yesterday and now i have to buy a new one next week, so all my "action figure funds" are spoken for.;) but i'll take you up on that offer next month, providing we can work the details out.:)

is the EURO vader based off the original 1996 vader, or the 14 inch electronic one? does it feature any "saber swinging action"?

some boxed and loose photos of the EURO vader would be great if you have any available.

thanks!:)

Ronin
04-11-2003, 03:43 AM
@Derek: Ok, just contact me when ready.
The Vader is the latest removable Helmet Vader (14"). It is exactly the same figure without one differnece. It is electronic, too but the Euro-Vader don't speaks phrases, when you push on the back he just makes "breathing"-noises.
It doesn't have any extras, its an exact copy of the US-Version.
I don't like the helmet of this Vader, its so incorrect, waiting for Marmit to fix the problem...