PDA

View Full Version : NX-01 micro-sized (ish) key ring soon available

britcit3
04-09-2003, 06:01 AM
Just got the new catalogue from Forbidden Planet Home Shopping (UK) today and have just seen an pic of a micro keyring of the NX-01 (looks about twice the size of a normal micro).

Needless to say that I have pre-ordered mine and can't wait to rip the key chain off it and chuck it in the big box with my other micros.

Have a look.

BC3

britcit3
04-14-2003, 08:02 AM
And these too.......

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?ROM-X01

(let the page fully load to see pics at the bottom).

BC3

good shot jansen
04-14-2003, 08:20 AM
thanx for the heads up brit cit! i've placed my pre-order! :)

britcit3
04-14-2003, 08:22 AM
Me too !!

BC3

Am hoping that the "extra" unpictured micro is the NX-01 - fingers crossed.

BTW - don't you think that the bioship looks way cool?

sicqnus
04-14-2003, 08:30 AM
What a great find !!! This is really interesting !:evil: :D I'm impatient to be in june !

sicqnus
04-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Remember the clear Nemesis Enterprise-E we were talking about a few days ago. The stand is the same model than the ones from these trading kits.

Part of the line ? (Same manufacturer).

britcit3
04-14-2003, 10:55 AM
So that's 3 of us that has a box of 12 on order (me, Siq & GSJ).

Between us we should hopefully be able to sort out a full set each.

Can't wait.

BC3

sicqnus
04-14-2003, 12:18 PM
I will send an e-mail to the B.team, they will be able to sell the StarTrek ships by factory cases of 72 units for 18720 yens (ouch! I hope it's a good way to get the rare ones). It makes approx. $2.17 per ship.
HLJ is selling a lot of 12 units for 3600 yens, it makes $2.50 per ship.

The great thing is the set is named set #1 (More to come...).
The B.team page says the ships are based upon the original TV serie, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and TNG (not movies... for the moment).

I'm very curious about the micro-micro ships that came with the bigger ones, it's very unusual. Otherwise, the paintjob and mold looks very good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Shot', I didn't forgot the Supercar. My order was on stand by because of the "Alien #1" Aoshima figures I've ordered with the Konami sets. The figures arrived today at HLJ then I hope to receive my packet in the next ten days.

good shot jansen
04-14-2003, 12:57 PM
all i gotta say. it's about time a toy company in this particular galaxy heard our plea's and is finally making something micro!

np: rolling stones - happy

vulcantouch
04-17-2003, 01:22 PM
and do they come pre-painted?
if yes to both, lmk if you 3 Punks end up w/any xtras, i might be interested in takin at least one offyer hands :D
same goes for "nx01" speculation, esp. if these come w/standholes or their material's soft enough to drill into :crazed:

britcit3
04-29-2003, 02:26 AM
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzz

Just look at wave 2.....

http://www.blister.jp/shop/item_html/items120030425001.html

Look at the detail on that Equinox.

BC3

good shot jansen
04-29-2003, 07:48 AM
wowie kazowie!

hobby link ain't showing these yet on their web site. anyone have enough rudamentary command of the japanese language to order some of these? if so, count me in pretty please! :)

britcit3
04-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Hello

I just managed to mail the company (BLISTER).

If they speak English, I will post their response (although I think that this week is some kind of holiday in Japan).

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
04-29-2003, 08:41 AM
I sent a mail to them a few days ago but no reply yet.
fingers crossed.:sur:

vulcantouch
04-29-2003, 01:02 PM
. . .equinox and maybe defiant & some of them others, you Punks hear me? ;)

SWAFMAN
04-29-2003, 09:38 PM
Courtesy of babel fish, this is the linked page & company info pages translated (it loses a bit in the translation!):

(company info)

BLISTER 〒 150-0001 the Tokyo Shibuya Ku Jingumae 6-12-23 the Harajuku Yamada building 2f TEL: 03-5468-5040 FAX: 03-5468-5430 business hour: Weekday 12:00-21:00 earth * day * holiday 11:00-20:00 JR Harajuku station getting off walking 5 minute JR Shibuya station getting off walking 12 minute subway Meiji Jingumae station getting off walking 2 minute subway chart going/participating road station getting off walking 5 minute

* Being to be times when correspondence is late somewhat in regard to the inquiry of earth * day * holiday, acknowledgement.

mailto: order@blister.jp
mailto: info@blister.jp

(ST ship Info)

It is the commodity introduction in any case splendid デキ. Entirely considerably at big size, there are also some which with the biggest one reach 15 centimeters! Of course, the stand attachment. In addition to 10 types, there is also a secret! Something comes out, opening, the pleasure. It probably will complete regardless!
Postscript: At 6 boxes we had done to receive the reservation of the carton, but when arriving it becomes 1 carton in 12 boxes. Because of that, the Carton Of 6 Box from the identical case to the method of reserving to random the 6box and the Carton Of 6 Box (the x2) to or more reservation while it is the carton when arriving the star * To wreck which we report? From the television series of 1966 years since starting, as for this story where also theater edition is many released it can divide broadly in 4 periods, the captain differs respectively. In addition, long series title there is a meaning, " the TOS (the THE ORIGINAL SERIES) the kirk captain ", " the TNG (the THE NEXT GENERATION) ピカード captain " " DS9 (DEAP SPEACE 9) the シスコ commander ", " the VOY (the STAR TREK VOYAGER) has become the Jane way captain ". Every star ship design is splendid, you think you can call also the place where it becomes the story development where importance is placed on the variety * crew of the race secret of popularity.
June 24th of 2003 arrival schedule Box Of 6 Units reservation special price: 1,740 Yen (classified by tax)
Carton Of 6 Box reservation special price: 10,440 Yen (classified by tax)
Manufacturer フルタ version domestic edition reservation special price Box: 1,740 Yen Carton: 10,440 Yen (classified by tax) arrival schedule June 24th of 2003 shop front price Box: 1,800 Yen Carton: 10,800 Yen (classified by tax) the number of national Japanese limitations it is not size length approximately 12 centimeters

Tibor
05-01-2003, 03:22 PM
I sent an email too. I promise I'm let you all know if I hear anything.

These things are great. Does anyone have an idea of the sizes of these?

Tibor

sicqnus
05-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Here is a "Dixi鑪e Plan鑼e" scan of the upcoming Konami trading kits "Alien" prototypes of the Nostromo, Narcissus and "Space jockey".
Second wave should contain Sulaco, Derelict ship, Alien Queen & Predator items (in the case we will ever see a second wave). No word on the Alien kits on the Konami website yet.

Sorry GSJ, i finally received my Konami SF kits but no Supercar... :dead:

No reply from Blister yet...:mad:

good shot jansen
05-04-2003, 08:47 AM
thanx for remembering sicqnus, no problem, i'm very happy with the 6 i got.

the only reason why i wanted the supercar, was just to complete the set, :greedy:, but to tell ya the truth, i don't even recollect the supercar.:confused: i don't think i ever saw it on a saturday morning show. so not havin' it, ain't no bother at'all:cool:

sicqnus
05-05-2003, 11:06 AM
I just had a phone call with Cabour and he told me the second serie of ST ships will be produced by the Furuta company, not Romando. It means the two starships collections have nothing to do with each other. I'm not sure the scale will be the same too. I was wondering why the new serie is called "wave two" and Cabour told me the wave one was the StarTrek pin's collection sold as trading Gashapon and available through the HLJ website a few days ago.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking it's curious to see another duplicate of the 8472 species Bioship but I'm pleased to see a Stargazer with real colors.
No reply from Blister... anymore hope ?

britcit3
05-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Well, still no response from BLISTER, the Japanese toy store advertising those awesome wave 2 micro trek ships (I presume Sicqnus ain't heard nuthin' either).

Does anybody have any ideas of how I can go about bagging a set of these?

I have tried a gazzillion search engine searches and I can only find them listed on the BLISTER site.

Hoping that the vast toy hunting experience of the board members can help me out.

I'm not going to be sleeping 'til I have one of those Equinox's.

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
05-06-2003, 08:17 PM
I agree with ya BC3, the Nova class cruiser is beautiful.

Ok, I think the Blister way is dead...

Hlj will carry the Furuta set but I'm not sure for the Romando set. J-List will certainly offer them through their website (I will send a mail). I'm already sure they will have the Alien collection (Konami/Carlton).
Third option : Goblin Toys, this shops is specialized in Japanese toys and usually gets the Chara/Gashapon/capsule toys. We'll have to contact them by mail to make sure they will have an allocation of the two StarTrek series. The service is ok and they ship internationally.
http://www.goblinjp.com/goblin/figure/gashapon/gashapon.html

Concerning the Alien micros, the second serie should include Power loader & Predator items (Konami has the license to produce Predator stuff).

Newsgroup : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gashapon_shokugan/
Furuta website (ST section) : http://www.furuta.co.jp/products/chara/startrek/index.htm (no words on the micros yet).
Konami premium page : http://www.konami.co.jp/th/candy/premium/index.html
Konami SF movie page : http://www.konami.co.jp/th/menu/index_sfmovie.html
And : http://www.konami.co.jp/th/news/index.html (article on the Alien trading kits).

FREE translators English/Japanese (to surf the webpages above) :
http://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html
http://world.altavista.com/ (BABELFISH).

Search :
- by keywords : shogukan (or shokugan) ; candy toys ; gashapon ; capsule toys ; trading kits.
- by company & manufacturer : Carlton, Konami, Furuta, Romando

Enjoy !:happy: :happy: :happy:
Thisizwork!

sicqnus
05-07-2003, 01:12 AM
following the post # 20, the two series have different scales.

First, the Romando collection contain ships from 2,76 inches to 3,75 inches. (7 to 8 centimeters).

The ships in the Furuta collection (Equinox) are sized from 4,72 inches to 5,91 inches for the bigger one. (12 to 15 centimeters).

Not really the same thing.

britcit3
05-07-2003, 02:20 AM
Hey Sicqnus

Thanks - if you hear anything about the 2nd set of trek ships, then please drop me a line.

Merci beaucoup

BC3

sicqnus
05-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Unfortunately, J-List told me they do not plan to get these StarTrek miniatures for the moment. They asked their distributors but it seems they haven't been able to get an allocation of the StarTrek miniatures...

HLJ will have the Furuta ships (june) in the same ratio as the pin's selection (serie 1) : 12 piece box for 3600 yens ($31).
There is 9 ships plus one limited mysterious ship randomly packaged.
That's good news for BC3. You will get the Nova cruiser.

No info on the Romando collection at this time. Blister.jp do not ship internationally. They are selling goods in Japan only on a "cash on delivery" basis...

sicqnus
05-19-2003, 08:36 AM
J-List has the Furuta ships for preorder.

Furuta ships available for preorder : set of 10 for $46
Limited quantities available. Cool pics on the website.

britcit3
05-19-2003, 10:42 AM
Sicqnus

You star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

many, many thanks for the heads up - I've just ordered mine.

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
05-19-2003, 11:09 AM
PS Sicq

I don't know how popular the UK sci-fi series RED DWARF is in France, but I've just ordered these 2 metal beauties from the forth coming movie (available August)......

http://www.cometminiatures.com/browse.asp?category=Red+Dwarf+Toys

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
05-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by britcit3
Sicqnus

You star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

many, many thanks for the heads up - I've just ordered mine.

Cheers

BC3

and thanx to sicqnus for sending me their web page addy, i've hopped on the pre-order band wagon meself :happy:

sicqnus
05-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Never heard about Red Dwarf... sorry. But the miniatures are amazing and not expensive !

britcit3
05-22-2003, 09:41 AM
Looks like the chaps over at J-List are also auctioning some of the new Furuta sets............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3224762774&category=1345

I hope this does not effect our pre-orders.

I know that myself and GSJ have ordered them and possibly Sicq (oui?) - has anybody else ?

BC3

SWAFMAN
05-26-2003, 10:37 PM
speaking of NX-01s, did anyone happen to snag an extra of those big 'uns that Target was clearancing a while back? I checked the local target several times, and they still haven't shown up as of this evening.....

Warstar
05-27-2003, 06:00 AM
Those larger NX-01 Enterprises went clearance? I still think they are on the shelves here at $19.99- though it's been a while since I checked.

Would you like me to check for you? Cost plus shipping and no sales tax ( YAY Montana! )

That ship, along with the old Playmates USS Excelsior were the only large size Trek vessels I missed...I loved my other ones, and still can't bring myself to auction them even now. Of course, that may be because I need to find the boxes for most of them, too. Let's just say I don't want to auction them and leave it at that.

I did buy the NX-01 at first, but I couldn't afford it at the time, so I had to take it back. It was nifty, but I liked the Playmates ships better than Art Asylum's ship- especially the stand (which was funky to me).

Let me know if you want one and I'll check to see if they're still there when I head out to Target again.

SWAFMAN
05-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Warstar, If I read correctly, the AA big NX-01 were going for about $10.00 on clearance. At that price (plus shipping), yes, I'd take one if you can find one.

BTW, I see my $15.25 bid wasn't quite enough to win the e-wing. Oh well...

Warstar
05-29-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
Warstar, If I read correctly, the AA big NX-01 were going for about $10.00 on clearance. At that price (plus shipping), yes, I'd take one if you can find one.

BTW, I see my $15.25 bid wasn't quite enough to win the e-wing. Oh well...

Ok- I'll take a look at Target and see if they're still there :)

Otherwise, heh- I suppose your bid wasn't enough. I am seriously surprised that thing when for over $100- I didn't know they were THAT scarce!!! The guy who won it lives in Japan but is having me ship it to New York...weird. Ah well. Defender goes up next 'cept I can't find the danged 2nd mini-figure or box for it. I think I know where I put the figure- it's in a bag with the all the "spare" figures that weren't pilots (I had all of these ships on my cubicle at Gateway when I worked there- I didn't want to lose the extra figs :)).

Back to the E-Wing-

For a long time, I thought someone stole the design of a ship I made and created the E-Wing with it- I mean the guy who first drew it (Troy Hurley, I believe) had the same name as the guy in my 4th grade class, when I used to draw all sorts of ships with rulers and graph paper.

After moving, I found my designs and it turns out my design was close, but not EVEN close, you know what I mean? And lo, my delusion of grandeur was squashed :)

I always thought it was odd how the E-Wing looked like a Battlestar Galactica Viper mated with an X-wing and had a bastard child :D

sicqnus
05-31-2003, 06:01 PM
The Romando StarTrek museum collection # 1 is now available for preorder at J-List.
Full set of 11 ships for $52 (one of each) + shipping.

HLJ will have a set of 12 pieces (randmoly packaged) for $30.20. Is it worth to pay double the price ? Not sure. Maybe I will take two sets at HLJ...

Anyone for trading ?

Welcome Ash.
Load map data...
Flak tower 22... loaded.
Dragunov "spetsnaz sniper" riffle... loaded.
6mm PPC shells... loaded.
Good luck Ash.

britcit3
06-03-2003, 05:12 PM
VERY TENUOUS STAR TREK LINK

Ain't it funny who you meet in the seedier parts of Amsterdam (picture taken Sunday).

At the time of the picture, I was congratulation him on beating a certain yellow android at cards.

Just thought that you may be interested.

Cheerio

BC3

JediTricks
06-04-2003, 03:25 AM
You sure that isn't a Stephen Hawking impersonator? :D ;) Ok, maybe not. Pretty cool.

SWAFMAN
06-04-2003, 12:57 PM
awesome pic & experience, BC3!!!!
how cool to have met one of the most significant human beings in the entire history of mankind!

britcit3
06-04-2003, 04:28 PM
I know!!

Especially given the area of the city that we were in - it was quite surreal.

Anyhow - the pic is certainly something to show the grandkids!!

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
06-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Jeez

I hope that I get an Equinox in my Furuta set - look what we will have to pay scalpers to get them individually......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3133956241&category=1187

and still 7 days to go !!!!!!!

BC3

sicqnus
06-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks to Cabour's connections, I have been able pre-order a full case of 72 Furuta miniatures. :D If everything goes well I will have them in a few weeks.
I will surely have a spare Nova cruiser fur BC3. ;)
Cabour is actually in Kourou - Guyana (Arianespace - Rocket launcher site) with Jean-Marc Deschamps (professional modeler) to make a show their great models. There will be a diorama with Action Fleets :)... Didn't see it yet but i'm sure it's amazing. I already saw their previous great shows on StarWars, Kubrick's 2001 Space Odyssey and the UFO's in the Air & Space Museum of Paris.
More infos in a few days then.

britcit3
06-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Hey Sicq

Many, many thanks from across the channel.

Merci, mon ami.

BC3

vulcantouch
06-09-2003, 12:17 PM
. . .i wonder if "that wheelchair guy" factors the coolness of mms into his g.u.t. calculations? :cool:
since you guys ain't replied to my sardonic posts above, just out of curiosity i sent the futura link sicq posted to my tokyo pal along with an inquiry about him getting some for me/us. here's his reply which, cuz of the prices he quotes, yall may be interested in:
"Furuta's Star Trek Figure is JY300 (=$2-3) each with chocolate. Let me check these once stores release. These will be coming up in store from 23/Jun in Tokyo area. But one thing, you may not know what is in until you unpack. There are 10 kinds + 1 secret figure. How many can you authorize me to buy while you want 4 kinds only (equinox, 8472bio and maybe defiant & galor)? If I were you, I would buy 6 of them"
-by which he may mean six sets of ten, which may be a great opportunity for us to buy together thru me & then divide them up at great savings? :greedy: it sounds like some of you may've pre-ordered yours already, but if anyone's interested say so here how many/which ones you'd like asap so i'll know what to advise tokyo joe :)
vt

vulcantouch
06-24-2003, 01:54 PM
subject: Figures were released yesterday
Today I got 4 packs of ST figures which I did not unpack yet. I donot know what's in each pack, do you think that I will send you without unpacking or do you want me to unpack then let you know what I got ?
-Thanks Very Much for remembering to get them just as they were released :D sumimasen i hadn't replied to your last message, i've been waiting to hear back from my fellow mm ship collectors so i'd know how to advise you. i Still haven't heard back, so i will decide on my own ;) yes, please open them and let me know which spaceships are inside, and how many of each. then i will know what to tell them and we'll go from there, thanx :) also let me know your total expense so we can keep track of that too :)

anyone here got anything 2 say? if so, as they say in japan, YO-shhh ;)
vt

good shot jansen
06-24-2003, 03:19 PM
me me me me, i got sumptin to say.

if you need a pardner to help with tokyo joe's expenses....count me in buckaroo bonzai!

sicqnus
06-25-2003, 07:21 PM
The Furuta are in stock at J-List !!!
The hard to find ships are :
- Reliant.
- Cardassian Cruiser.
- Klingon Warbird cruiser.

The mysterious rarest ship randomly packed is the Romulan Warbird (see pic).

good shot jansen
06-26-2003, 08:03 AM
j-list just sent me an e-mail, informing me that my furuta order has been shipped and is on the way :)

vulcantouch
06-27-2003, 11:01 AM
. . . since you're already ordering your own set i will wait for final confirm from you in case you won't need any :) on that note:
i assume there'll be at least some trading amongst us in order for everyone here to get one of each. if it helps recover expenses, b'jr May be interested in any & all xtras left after we here've all got what we want. for that matter, i wouldn't mind opportunity to at least See the futuras galoob already made mms of, just in case i'd want them to complement my mm versions :)
latest tokjoe corresp indicates that he's able to buy these Individually! though, a la trading cards, their packaging doesn't indicate specific contents:

OK lets see what you will get. Then I will let you know by Saturday e-mail from my house. Once again please let me know what you definitely want to have so that I and Lime (tot daughter) can enjoy playing lottery game on behalf of you
-ok: the ones i care most about are equinox and 8472 bioship, and Maybe also defiant and cardassian. so, please open packages until you find the first two. when you have, please stop opening and lmk what all the opened ships turned out to be. then i can advise you further. with any luck, you won't have to open all 4 sets to get the ships we want, and might be able to return some for a refund? :)
lmk if any more questions :)

Result is 2 win 2 loose. What you got is
1st package: Klingon bird of prey
2nd package: USS Stargazer NCC-2893
3rd package: USS Defiant NX-74205 (bingo!)
4th package: Cardassian Galor-Class Warship(another bingo!!)
So far billing you \1,200 (JYen115=US$1.00)
Well how would like me to do?
Shall I try to continue this game until you get "USS Equinox NCC-72581" and "Species 8472 Bio-Ship"?
-hai hai o kudasai, bingo kingo (mifune in High & Low (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0057565)) ;) please buy a few more and continue opening until you find bioship & equinox. how do they look, about the same size and detail as micromachines, ne? meanwhile please hang onto other opened ships (k-bop, stargazer etc) because i may keep them or trade them with friends who don't find them :)

At least you may enjoy finding what "+1 secret" fig is
-our fellow collector in paris has learned it is rom warbird :)
vt

ps to sicq: is "klingon warbird" the vorcha or the k-bop? :crazed:

AndyW
06-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Ok, can someone shed some light on something for me, I hadn't posted about ordering them, but when I read this thread about a month back I thought, cool, star trek ships and pre-ordered. 10 pack (?) for $48, what ships am I set to get?

With the recent posts I'm a little confused, and now on that j-list site the largest set they have listed is sets of 6.

That said, they should arrive to me middle of next week. Who's had theirs? Are they cool? Can someone post some pictures with maybe a size comparison with a AF ship please? Thankingyou :D

sicqnus
06-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Hi Andy,

The Furuta's miniatures are 3 to 4 inches in lenght. Smaller than AF but far bigger than the Galoob MicroMachines. All of them have small parts to snap together, no need to glue them.

- Enterprise-A (refit).
- Stargazer.
- Reliant.
- Defiant.
- Equinox.
- Deep Space Nine space station.
- Klingon Bird Of Prey.
- Klingon Warbird.
- Cardassian Galor class cruiser.
- Species 8472 Bioship.
-------------------------------
- Romulan Warbird (very rare).

Not received my order yet but I will post pics asap.

britcit3
06-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Hey

J-List also informs me that my Furuta stuff is en route.

But does anybody know when the Romanda set is due - I thought that it was also the 23rd of June - I have mine on order with Hobby Link Japan.

Anybody heard anything??

Cheers

BC3

AndyW
06-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Hi Andy,

The Furuta's miniatures are 3 to 4 inches in lenght. Smaller than AF but far bigger than the Galoob MicroMachines. All of them have small parts to snap together, no need to glue them.

- Enterprise-A (refit).
- Stargazer.
- Reliant.
- Defiant.
- Equinox.
- Deep Space Nine space station.
- Klingon Bird Of Prey.
- Klingon Warbird.
- Cardassian Galor class cruiser.
- Species 8472 Bioship.
-------------------------------
- Romulan Warbird (very rare).

Not received my order yet but I will post pics asap.

Thanks sicqus, man with the knowledge as usual. Can't wait to see pics but I reacon we'll both get ours about the same time anyhows.

Its great news on the size, I always wanted MM to be that little bit bigger, and the fact that one of them is my favourite ship, the defiant, makes it better. Would have liked to have seen Voyager tho, though once again its made up for the fact that we're getting a Nova class starship!

sicqnus
06-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Thanks sicqus, man with the knowledge as usual. Can't wait to see pics but I reacon we'll both get ours about the same time anyhows.

Its great news on the size, I always wanted MM to be that little bit bigger, and the fact that one of them is my favourite ship, the defiant, makes it better. Would have liked to have seen Voyager tho, though once again its made up for the fact that we're getting a Nova class starship!

I hope we will see a serie 3 with the Voyager and a Borg Cube... We already have the Bioship and... no Voyager ???

BC3, the Romando sets are planned to be available in the beginning of july.

-----------------------------------------
Hic acet Arthurus rex quon dam rex que futurus
Key to Avalon.
Ash, why do you want to go in special-A ?

AndyW
06-28-2003, 09:04 PM
I hope we will see a serie 3 with the Voyager and a Borg Cube... We already have the Bioship and... no Voyager ???

BC3, the Romando sets are planned to be available in the beginning of july.

-----------------------------------------
Hic acet Arthurus rex quon dam rex que futurus
Key to Avalon.
Ash, why do you want to go in special-A ?

Are those your sets in the picture, you got em since you posted earlier?

The paint jobs look really sweet from what you can see, especially the Defiant, and they look like a really good size too, great!

So, any bets on other ships, are they planning on doing more?

I've like to see shuttlecraft, Delta Flyer maybe, or the 'speed boat' Shuttle from Voy (man I would kill for that MM-love that ship) and the Prometheus (spelling?) would be great. NX class Enterprise, Dominion ships, the possibilites are endless.

Oh, and by the way, anyone know the odds of getting that rare Romulan bird of prey in our sets, anyone know the ratios, eg how many sets will have them in? Have I got that right?

LTBasker
06-28-2003, 09:15 PM

Would these be in scale with the monogram mini snap together models? They had Voyager, Maquis Fighter and a Kazon Raider...

I may have to see about ordering these, very cool.

AndyW
06-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Would these be in scale with the monogram mini snap together models? They had Voyager, Maquis Fighter and a Kazon Raider...

I may have to see about ordering these, very cool.

From what I gather these are a bit larger. Those little snap kits were pretty much spot on MM size.

Slightly related, but I recently found loads of sets of Ep1 snap fit MM size kits. Got a couple of TF landing ships, Sith Infiltrator (which is a much better model than the MM version), Republic Cruiser and MTT transport. Nice little find in a junk shop.

BTW, if you like star trek ships I would say DEFINATLY get these. I'm so glad I happened to be glancing this thread about two weeks ago otherwise I'd never have come across these, ever.

SWAFMAN
06-28-2003, 10:43 PM
NX-01 seen today at a Pittsburgh area TRU - they had several of them. Unfortunately, they were going for over $22 each. They said they'd price-match if I could prove they selling at clearance prices at Target. Any suggestions, or even better, receipts available from anyone here that I could use as proof to go back there with? I'll be passing by there again next Sunday, 7/6. - Thanks!

Same TRU had 6 Saga Solar Sailers - yecch!!!

vulcantouch
06-29-2003, 10:49 PM
latest corresp from tokjoe:

subject: Result #2 for ST figs
today's result was,
5th package: USS Reliant NCC-1864
6th package: USS Stargazer NCC2893 (bad news)
7th package: Species 8472 Bio-Ship (bingo!)
8th package: USS Equinox NCC-72381 (bingo again!!)
Things are all painted but you have to put them all together in accordance with instruction. Well game was not so bad as you got stargazer twice only and others were only one each. . . your shopping for ST costed at J-Yen 2,400(=US$21 approx.) so far. And I decided not to buy ST things no more. I think you agree with me?
-well ssg foruMMers, should i agree? i can always tell him to go after more on yalls behalf later if yall need, but for now it sounds like he's already scored me the ones i was after, on time & under budget :)
vt

JediTricks
06-30-2003, 12:53 AM
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! I'm weak, I tried to hold out 'cause I'm fairly broke, but I have to have some of these. How do I go about joining in getting these? Specifically:
Enterprise-A Stargazer Reliant. Defiant. Equinox. Deep Space Nine space station. Klingon Bird Of Prey.

PS - I finally figured out what was wrong with the Defiant in the attachment here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=251979&postcount=26), someone assembled the warp nacelle cowlings on the wrong sides thus making them upside-down.

Tibor
07-03-2003, 12:45 PM
For cripes sake, I can't get past my company's filter to access J-List. Anybody have a link to their order dept. and/or phone number.

-T

sicqnus
07-03-2003, 01:54 PM
For cripes sake, I can't get past my company's filter to access J-List. Anybody have a link to their order dept. and/or phone number.

-T

URL for toys : http://www.jlist.com/R/ANIME/

e-mail : jlist@jlist.com
secure e-mail form : https://jastusa.cybrhost.com/Merchant2/contact.mv?

J-List now accepts Paypal (sales@jlist.com).
or
You can mail checks or money orders payable to "J-List" to our San Diego PO Box:
J-List
P.O. Box 421106
San Diego, CA 92142-1106
USA

Tibor
07-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Thanks Sicqnus!!

T

good shot jansen
07-07-2003, 12:17 PM
i am opening em up as i type.

so far i have the equinox and the ent a.

the detail is supburb, they are without a doubt some of the finest sci fi mini models i have ever seen !!!!!

wow you get a nifty trading card (in japanese of course) which is of a glossy nature with a photo of the ship on one side, and i guess a detailed description of the ship, and i guess waht episode it was from. but of course being in japanese, i have no way of knowing for sure what it says. for all i know it could be today's go code :eek:

the size is a bit larger than i hoped. they are the same size as a die-cast or alpha action fleet toy.

the next one is the klingon vor'cha attack cruiser. really nicely done, you can appreciate the vehicle in this size and detailing way more than on the mm version.

next is the bio ship and the carrdasian galor

the bio ship has a nifty paint job comprisin' of green and brown hues very well blended. this ship should lead vt's earth day diplay :)

the galor is very well done with a nice different mixture of yellows and oranges giving the ship a bit more of an interesting appearance than the mm one. the hull of this ship is very nicely shaped giving the appearance of the ships girth and depth.

deep sapce nine is next outta the box the detail is again excellent

wow! defiant is next! this ship makes the whole set worth it! it's the best reproduction of the ship ever. totally puts the mm one to shame. the hues of the color, and the paint job is perfect!

klingon bop is next, the paint and detailing are very nice on this bop, but quite frankly, galoob did it right with the bounty movable winged bop, and all others pale in comparison.

reliant is next

the reliant is extrememly well detailed, and as a major major plus it's the right color, not that battleship blue/grey galoob used.

and last is the stargazer, again done in the proper color scheme, not the flaming canary yellow that galoob produced.

well i didn't get the secret romulon warbird, but at least i didn't get any dupes either!

there is no way i'm gonna give these ships their proper due's, i highly recommend that you all purchase the set for yourselves, and see just how nice these ships are. they are truely worth adding to your collection!

my favorites going from best to worst are as follows;

defiant! great model of this unique ship
reliant - extremely well produced
equinox - great to have a model of this class of ship
stargazer - really well done with lots of detailing not before seen, like the under hull port side phaser?
ent-a - really well done version of this ship, again i hte right color scheme
bio ship - reallyinteresting to look at with lots of subtle detailing and hue changes
deep space nine - again detailing is amazing (would love to see an array produced by frutura!)
galor - never been one of my favorite ships to begin with but very well presented at this scale
vor'ch attack cruiser
and finally klingon bird of prey

keep in mind that the order may change after i spend some quality time with my new toys!

good shot jansen
07-07-2003, 12:54 PM
I finally figured out what was wrong with the Defiant in the attachment here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=251979&postcount=26), someone assembled the warp nacelle cowlings on the wrong sides thus making them upside-down.

very astute in your observations mr. tricks. you is sooo right. now that ihave the real mccoy for my own, i can indeed verify that the engine cowlings on that photo were indeed topsey turvey.

when assmbled properly, as i stated before, this ship is perfect!

good shot jansen
07-07-2003, 01:24 PM
just like the recently released ent-a, bandai is now releasing an enterprise e (http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?BAN916424)

this ship looks pretty cool

to bad it's in the larger size scale (16") it will definately be a nice addition to the current aa line. but alas it's a tad to large for my tastes :(

sicqnus
07-07-2003, 07:39 PM
I'm impatient to have them in hands. To me it's a surprise to see micro-sized a ship like the Bioship. I've seen the Voyager episode "Scorpion" several times and the miniature is perfect. I don't know if the Bioships made an appearance in another episode but both Furuta and Romando made their own Bioship.
Same thing for the Equinox and Stargazer, not so common on screen... If I remember well, the Stargazer is the centerpoint of the episode "The Battle" (TNG) and the Romulan Warbird made its first appearance in "The Neutral Zone" (TNG).

-------------------------------------------

GSJ, I still have your money "race ready"...

AndyW
07-07-2003, 09:54 PM
I got mine last week a day earlier than expected, but haven't been able to post as I've not got a regular net connection.

These models are great, and the defiant is worth every penny in my opinion, but I'm pretty unhappy with the moldings on my set, I've got very un-even nacelles and the reliant itself won't stay together as the plastic isn't that good a fit. And the bird of prey is a joke, the wings are just too bent. That said, the detail and size is fantastic, and the Equinox, vor'cha cruiser and the galor warship are particular highlights, as is the bio-ship. So all in, good stuff really.

britcit3
07-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Just got mine today.

Mixed feelings on them, but generally they're OK.

They are slightly flimsier than anticipated - I was expecting something like those solid vinyl Space 1999 japanese toys.

I did't think that they would be up to the rough and tumble of being thrown into my MM box (as it has alot of die casts in too) - so I super glued them together ...........BEWARE: I have seriously burnt some of the paint job on the DEFIANT with glue.

I would seriously advise you all against gluing.

On the positve side .........

The EQUINOX is excellent - by far my fave - the detail is incredible.

Also love the reliant and the Ent A - also great additons.

Hey Sicq - what happened to the Romando listing on J-list - I was thinking of changing my order from HLJ to Jlist as they were offering the complete set - with no dupes. But the listing for it has dissappeared.

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
07-08-2003, 12:28 PM
gsj: "stargazer, again done in the proper color scheme, not the flaming canary yellow that galoob produced"
-galoob did so to mimic its appearance in picard's ent-d reddy room, anticipating that its size would lend itself to collectors incorporating it into playmates-fig-populated dioramas of same :)

"(bio)ship should lead vt's earth day diplay"
-so long as they reschedule earthday in the autumn, cuz it sounds like that's when the chocolate-mint palette you describe would work best :)

"size is a bit larger than i hoped"
-that's what She said last night- OH!! :D sorry to hear, was hoping they'd be more mm size but oh well :zzz:

bc3: "did't think that they would be up to the rough and tumble of being thrown into my MM box (as it has alot of die casts in too"
-tip: since my mm box's also often holding a few dcs (sydlimo, bladerunner car, buckyroj) as well as figures, i often separately bag these heavier/harder items to minimize their abrasion on my mms :)

sicq: "both Furuta and Romando made their own Bioship"
-2 things i wonder: are either of romando's bioships mm size? and are futura's 1 and romando's 2 all the same configuration? a tech manual i saw makes clear that bioship's cruise and combat modes look significantly different, so it'd be nice to have examples of both eh? :)

"don't know if the Bioships made an appearance in another episode"
-as i recall they did not, but now that you mention it i wonder, do they show Voy (& other treks) over there dubbed or subtitled? :sur: meanwhile sent you moeb email :)
vt

sicqnus
07-08-2003, 09:13 PM
I don't know what happened to the Romandos at J-list but to me, they are actually making a new page with several lots to order (as they did for the Furutas). I'm sure they are actually opening all the boxes to verify the ratios.
My order at HLJ is still valid. I hope they will be up very soon. The Romando are very close to the MM, smaller than the Furutas. If I remember well : 6 to 7 centimeters (approx. 2,4 inches). The Bioship made by Romando have the lighted nose as he's going to open fire, very fun !!! The cloacked BOP is very interesting too but my preferred is the Nebula cruiser (Farragut or Sutherland ???). I'm not sure the microscopics additional ships will be included, I hope so, they are very unusual.

BC3, I'm waiting for a huge lot of Furutas, then if you need a mint Defiant I will surely have dupes.

britcit3
07-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Hey Sicq

Thanks for the offer - but it's OK.

I already have a dupe of the Defiant ( I wanted 2 !!).

Have yours arrived yet?

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
07-10-2003, 03:33 AM
not yet, I'm dying...
Cabour made the order for us and he is on holidays. One more week to wait. We ordered a full factory case. He will take 4 boxes and I will take the rest (8 boxes).

britcit3
07-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Eh up

According to HLJ, those Romando micros are just in and will be shipping soon.

Goody, goody.

BC3

sicqnus
07-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Eh up

According to HLJ, those Romando micros are just in and will be shipping soon.

Goody, goody.

BC3

THX 4 the head up.

We will have an Excelsior class ship in this assortment, the USS Melbourne (great news):crazed:.

There can be two ships in one box.

Ships available in the first asst. :

- USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D (dark & clear paint).
- USS Farragut (dark & clear paint).
- USS Melbourne NCC-62043 Excelsior Class (dark & clear paint).
- Klingon D-12 B.O.P (the bigger one) + B'rel scout - size comparison ship (normal paint scheme and cloacked).
- USS Voyager (dark & clear paint schemes & ...one cloacked ???:confused:).
- Species 8472 bioship (normal and cloacked).
- Warp Enterprise NCC-1701 (mysterious ship, maybe in two versions).

Picture of the ships on their stands found on Ebay :

Mmmmmh... looks good to me :happy:

good shot jansen
07-17-2003, 01:18 PM
i just received an e-mail from em, letting me know that my order has been shipped.

will post when they arrive!

britcit3
07-17-2003, 02:36 PM
i just received an e-mail from em, letting me know that my order has been shipped.

will post when they arrive!

I got my email too.

Can't wait - just hope that I don't have too many dupes - but I am sure that between me, thee & Sicq, we should be OK.

Anybody else ordered the Romandos?

BC3

sicqnus
07-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Concerning the Furutas, I was worried about the BOP's twisted wings. Cabour told me to plunge the ship in ebullient water to give the wings a correct form. Well I tried and it works fine. Other ships are great except for the awful black dots everywhere on the Enterprise-A. I removed them by using a coton stick and acetone.

I've also ordered two sets of Romando's (24 pieces).

britcit3
07-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Romandos just arrived.

Pretty cool - but flimsy - definately won't survive the rough and tumble of my micro box, so I'll be getting my mrs to glue them together for me.

The Klingon BOP is SUPERB - my favourite version.

Still need the following Dark Ent D, Dark Farraut, both Melbournes & warping Enterprise.

I do have a few dupes, so if anybody wants to trade for these, let me know.

Anyway, have a look at what I got (just started rebuilding my site - still a work in progress).

http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/index2.htm

BC3

vulcantouch
07-26-2003, 10:26 AM
. . .even if a 3+way trade has to be arranged to make it happen :) are any of romans ~mm size?

britcit3
07-26-2003, 12:41 PM
Hey VT

The Romandos are much nearer MM than Furuta - in fact some are a bit smaller - the Voyagers are tiny.

BC3

britcit3
07-26-2003, 01:51 PM
Hey VT

I have taken some size comparisson pics of the Romando, Furuta and Galoobs.

The 1st is the Klingon BOPs - the smallest is the micro, micro Romando, the next smallest in the Galoob, next is the Romando full size and the biggest of all is the Furuta.

Next is the Furuta (big one) and Romando (small one) Bioships

The third one is Voyager - the big one is the Galoob and the small one is Romando.

4th is the End D - big one Romando, small one Galoob

And finally, the Farragut. Again the big one Roamando, the small one Galoob.

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
07-26-2003, 01:52 PM
SIze comparisson shots of Romando, Furuta and Galoob Trek ships.

They should be fairly self evident which ship is which.

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
07-26-2003, 01:59 PM
BTW

If any of you saw that pic of me, my mates and Stephen Hawking that I posted a few weeks ago, well..........

A mate of mine sent it the the UK FHM magazine and it won letter of the month !!

So, pics of me and mates are in most newsagents in the UK!!!

BC3

good shot jansen
07-27-2003, 08:53 AM
i still haven't received mine, but once i do, i will certainly post the dupes i have (hopefully different from yours bc3), and once we have an inventory of who has what, then we'll commence the great roman swap!

AndyW
07-28-2003, 10:50 AM
BTW

If any of you saw that pic of me, my mates and Stephen Hawking that I posted a few weeks ago, well..........

A mate of mine sent it the the UK FHM magazine and it won letter of the month !!

So, pics of me and mates are in most newsagents in the UK!!!

BC3

FHM this month links us both, one of my friends is on the student of the month, well, she was in last month but shes in again this month. Anyway, saw the picture and thought, hey, thats familar!!!

Was just looking at your site, you have one of the Voyagers MM shuttlecraft, my god I would sell my gran for one of those, aswell as that Olympic class medical ship. If anyone ever sees either of those please point me in the right direction!

vulcantouch
07-29-2003, 12:22 AM
cuz as you may have read (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=264461&postcount=525), i recently bagged an xtra voyshuttle! to help you out i'm sure b'jr would let me trade it; just lmk what xtras you might have & i'll see what i can arrange :)
thanx for rominfo bc3, looks like maybe the romanbio's the one i Should concentrate on getting, even more than the futura :o if anyone here scores an xtra plz keep me in mind :D
vt

AndyW
07-29-2003, 12:51 PM
cuz as you may have read (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=264461&postcount=525), i recently bagged an xtra voyshuttle! to help you out i'm sure b'jr would let me trade it; just lmk what xtras you might have & i'll see what i can arrange :)
thanx for rominfo bc3, looks like maybe the romanbio's the one i Should concentrate on getting, even more than the futura :o if anyone here scores an xtra plz keep me in mind :D
vt

I'll go through my MMs and stuff and make a list of what I have. I also have the full set of Futura ships if theres any (Equinox and Defiant excluded :D ) you want.

Is there anything in particular your looking for? I'm very eager to get that shuttle :D

vulcantouch
07-30-2003, 12:43 PM
. . .but aside from the scifi mm wants listed here (http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000210), i'm afraid it's hard to get more specific; we're pretty flexible so what we usually do is just clean people out of whatever unwanted xtras they happen to have, in exchange for the exact ship(s) they seek :greedy: but since you mention it, romandos (esp. bioship) and/or futuras (ds9, ent-a, vorcha &/or maybe warbird since, as you can see from posts 49 & 59 above, tokyojoe already found me the others :) ) might also make good tradebait! anyhoo, soon as you list what you can part with painlessly we'll go from there :)
btw what's olypmic class? the pasteur?
vt

AndyW
07-30-2003, 12:59 PM
. . .but aside from the scifi mm wants listed here (http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000210), i'm afraid it's hard to get more specific; we're pretty flexible so what we usually do is just clean people out of whatever unwanted xtras they happen to have, in exchange for the exact ship(s) they seek :greedy: but since you mention it, romandos (esp. bioship) and/or futuras (ds9, ent-a, vorcha &/or maybe warbird since, as you can see from posts 49 & 59 above, tokyojoe already found me the others :) ) might also make good tradebait! anyhoo, soon as you list what you can part with painlessly we'll go from there :)
vt

Yeah, the pastuer is an Olmypic class ship, sorry, got a little TOO geeky :D

I'll go have a look through my collection now, but I can tell you the two Futura ships I wouldn't mind parting with are the DS9 station and the Bird of Prey, as I have three versions of MM ones already, and it just takes up space in my little Tupaware box :)

AndyW
07-30-2003, 01:03 PM
Oh, I just read that post on art asylum, I have a Starship troopers TAC fighter that I aquired by accident, you can definatly have that.

sicqnus
07-30-2003, 01:28 PM
. . .
vt
Yes, the USS Pasteur is a Olympic class medical ship. It has an appearance in the last TNG episode "All good things" (in this episode, Dr Beverly Crusher is the new Captain of this ship and William Riker is the new captain of the tri-nacelled "transwarping" Enterprise-D).

The best website on ST starships classified by races, quadrans, classes with pictures of studio models and screencaps :
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans.htm

The Romandos are just in at J-list.
Full sets available. They're named "Yamato startrek official museum" :

Single Enterprise-D : $4.50
Set of 5 (Ent-D, Melbourne, Voyager, BOP, Farragut - regular versions) : $25.00
Set of 7 (Dark and reg Ent-D, reg Farragut, reg Klibop, cloacked klibop, reg Voyager, reg Melbourne) : $32.00
Set of 4 (reg Ent-D, Klibop, Farragut, Melbourne) : $20.00
Set of 2 (reg Ent-D, reg Kligon BOP) : $10.00
Set of 10 (Dark & reg Ent-D, Dark & reg Farragut, Dark & Reg Voyager, reg Melbourne, reg Bioship, reg and clear BOP) : $45.00
Set of 11 (same as above + reg warp TOS Enterprise) : $54.00

britcit3
08-01-2003, 12:11 PM
Well, I seem to have been caught up in the JApanese Furuta and Romando Trek micro excitement and I finally bagged a set of Hallmark STARFLEET LEGENDS on Ebay.

Boy was I suprised - I thought that they would be MM sized (like the Trade Fed Control ship), but they are tiny - and I mean tiny.

They are quite nice though (except the "nose" on the Defiant is WAY too big). - Have a look

Cheerio

BC3

SWAFMAN
08-01-2003, 09:15 PM
BC3,

I always truly enjoy seeing your pictures posted. One request I have for ALL foruMMers is to Please include something for scale in your pics, like a ruler or a computer mouse, or something with a generically recognizable size.

Sincerely,
Swafman

britcit3
08-02-2003, 03:44 AM
Hey SWAF

No worries

I'll try to incorporate something for scale shots in future (thats why I put the Trek micros in).

Cheerio

BC3

SWAFMAN
08-02-2003, 04:42 PM
No worries, BC3. I'm MM-impaired. ;) Only collect AF. Sorry!

britcit3
08-04-2003, 01:55 AM
Hello All

Website reborn......

http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/index2.htm

Slightly better pics.

Cheerio

BC3

good shot jansen
08-04-2003, 08:24 AM
Still need the following Dark Ent D, Dark Farraut, both Melbournes & warping Enterprise.

I do have a few dupes, so if anybody wants to trade for these, let me know.

BC3

okey dokey, my romando's just arrived, and i'm a bit dupe heavy as well.

the ones i have are;

warping enterprise
light ent d
dark ent d
light farragut
bio ship
green klingon bop
melbourne

what i need are;

cloaked klingon bop
dark farragut
voyager both light and dark

my dupes are

dark ent d
melbourne
light farragut
klingon bop (green not cloaked)
light ent d

brit cit, i will definately sned you the dark ent d and the melbourne, as your the 1st to post, and you need those two

if you have any of my missing ships as dupes, i would be most appreciative! :)

i'm gonna give these guys the once or twice over before i post a review

good shot jansen
08-04-2003, 11:28 AM
brief romando review

the coolest thing about the romando's is that they are all in proper scale to each other. except perhaps for the klingon bop. it's as large as the ent-d, and even though the size of the bop through the years has been something of a paradox, i don't think that it was ever shown as large as a galaxy class ship. however, a small bop is included with the large one, and that one does indeed appear to be of the proper scale when compared to the rest.

where the size comparison really works is when you place the ent-d (or farragut)next to the melbourne. it really shows how much larger these newer ships are compared with the older vessles.

the detailing is quite nice, i just wish they used a heavier, less pliable material for the mounts of the nacelles. it takes quite a bit of bending this way and that to make the nacelles appear straight and balanced.

assembling the clear (cloaked?) melbourne was nightmare. it was nearly impossible to see where the slots were in the clear plastic to attach the nacelles, and once i finally got em on, they wouldn't stay at all. i fianlly had to resort to gluin' em in place. they look about right now.

the big ships have a lot more detail to em than the smaller ones. i prefer the overall appearnce of the dark ent-d compared to the light one.

both of the bop's the big one and the small one, are prolly the best of the lot. an added plus on the big one, you can kind of reposition the wings so that they are in more of a horizontal plane with the ship (the wings are attached with two posts on each wing fitting into holes provided, by monkying around with them you can reposition the wings for display purposes only, if you start to fly it around, the wings will then fall off in the up position)(not quite as maneuverable as the galoob bounty), but it does allow for displaying the ship with a different wing geometry.

the bioship is much nicer in the romando than the frutura. the size is very close to being the classic mm size, and the translucent plastic really shows off the greens and browns very nicely when viewing it in different kinds of lighting. This ship is sure to be a crowd pleaser at vt's tattered cover window seat. definately a ship to be best viewed at sundown!

the warping original ent is interesting, the hull and rear warped sections of the nacelles are made of a translucnet blue plastic while the saucer and front portions of the nacelles are opaque. not a whole lot of detail happeing here though. i wish they made it non warping, so that it cpuld be displayed along side the other ships for proper size comparison.

i don't know why they provided the melbourne, warping ent, and the bioship in clear cloaked plastic. doesn't really do anything for me (except make my life miserable in assembling the melbourne)

it's also a mystery as to why the made the teenie weenie bioship, and bop (actually it may be more of a mystery why they didn't provide each ship with one that size, as each stand comes with a second stand attachment in which to connect the tiny ships onto :confused: )

all in all, i'm quite pleased to add these to my collection

vulcantouch
08-04-2003, 12:37 PM
. . .and some of your pics are easily as good as ws' auctionpix :cool: looks like futura sculptor dropped the ball w/vorcha but should still be of interest, i imagine :)

gsj: "This ship is sure to be a crowd pleaser at vt's tattered cover window seat"
-which means you're holding it for me Me ME? oh boy, looks ideal for upcoming fall palettes :happy: meanwhile i or b'jr might also be interested in any xtras others here don't need, i'd Hate for them to go to waste ;)

"i don't know why. . . it's also a mystery as to why"
-indeed; since first seeing online reports of them Much about this line has seemed inexplicable to me :stupid:

swaffy: "I'm MM-impaired"
-i'll say- anyone for whom even the ubiquitous mm stands don't provide scale reference certainly is ;)

andy: tac fighter sounds good, looking fwd to add'l listings :) meanwhile looks like my aa offer's gotten a coupla bites so who knows, maybe someone'll trade me that pasteur you seek :) if not b'jr owns 4 and sez he Might part with one depending on what you can offer :)
vt

good shot jansen
08-04-2003, 02:36 PM
i was under the impression that you were getting these vt. unfortunately i don't have a dupe of the bioship, or it would already be earmarked for ya :(

i'll see what i can score for ya in swapping dupes.

i guess it was only sicqnus, brit cit and moi who ordered these :confused: these are the closest thing to mm's released in a long time. didn't more people order these?

sicqnus
08-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Ravenstar's new catalog is up.
New ships available in the Romulan & Klingon sections, these resin kits are unpainted but comes with a stand. Some are the rebuilt in a bigger size of the rare Fasa ships like the Klingon D-18 cruiser.

http://www.ravenstarstudios.com/catalog.html

:p

AndyW
08-05-2003, 04:29 PM
andy: tac fighter sounds good, looking fwd to add'l listings :) meanwhile looks like my aa offer's gotten a coupla bites so who knows, maybe someone'll trade me that pasteur you seek :) if not b'jr owns 4 and sez he Might part with one depending on what you can offer :)
vt

I'll cross my fingers about the medical ship, but it wouldn't be a great loss, but that shuttle I would very much like :D

So where do we go from here?

vulcantouch
08-06-2003, 01:05 PM
-well unless you've already listed everything you can offer, i'd say the ball's still in your court- but no hurry, whenever you can look thru your collection :)
you heard gsj, gents: daddy still needs someone to git him with a romanbio :greedy:
vt

good shot jansen
08-07-2003, 10:13 AM
received an e-mail from bc3 informing me, that he is not only able to help me with my holes in the romando collection (all's i'll need now is the dark farragut), he is also sending me the bio ship to forward on to vt! :)

after i receive the package from bc3, i will then send the long awaited parcel to vt containing the hawk, boba fett tomy figure, and the romando bio.

bc3 also informed me, that he will not need any of my dupes, so i'm gonna wait until i hear from sicqnus as to what ships he may be lacking in the romando collection. if he doesn't the melbourne, i will also include that in my parcel to vt , as it is very very close to proper mm size. and as a bonus, the melbourne comes with a cloaked version as well.

warning will robinson!!!! warning!!!!! putting together the cloaked melbourne is a nightmare. bc3 confirmed to me via e-mail, that he had as much trouble as i did in putting it together :eek:

britcit3
08-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Hey GSJ

Posted your stuff yesterday - you should have them in about 1 week.

Yup - the Melbourne is an absolute sod to put together - I had to shave a bit off the nacelle holder to get them lined up reasonable well.

It does look quite good though (better than the MM I feel).

Cheerio

BC3

vulcantouch
08-09-2003, 01:06 PM
after all sisko's also a dad, wields authority, has swamp roots and is a "builder" as well :) you got an xtra bio eh bc3? way to come thru for me, yippee :D
andy: any particular reason you seek only the voyshut & pasteur but not the other ships they come with? just curious. meanwhile, if you can't come up w/enough on your own to persuade b'jr to part w/his 4th pasteur (he usually only parts with a given style when he already has at least 15 of them), this might occasion another 3-way, specifically: bc3's xtras coming to b'jr & i, bjr's voyshut & pasteur to andy, and andy sending bc3 whatever he can help him with? :)
vt (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20433)

AndyW
08-09-2003, 08:03 PM
I'll go with whatever benefits everyone fairly and I'll certainly offer what I can and as much as I can. I might have Af's to bring into the occasion, I might have someone who can pass me some of the last wave of AF's. Though the republic gunship is proving to be a complete b@stard to track down. My advice is order and nab from anywhere you can get, because they'll be very costly very quickly.

I'm specifically after the Voy shuttle and pastuer as I love the shuttle and the pastuer I like as its a great design of ship that we sadly have seen nothing more of.

good shot jansen
08-18-2003, 05:10 PM
the romado's have arrived!!!!! thanx brit cit!

i can now send vt a bioship courtisey of brit cit's generosity! thanx jim.

wow, the voyagers are quite small, ain't they? it's kinda cool that they made all the ships to be in relative scale to each other (except apparently the klingon bird of prey, crips, thise things as big as the ent -d :eek: , i don't recall it being that large at any time in the star trek saga :confused: ), i just wish the voyager was a tad bit bigger.

AndyW
08-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Ok, I've had a look through my mm's, at the moment I can offer:

Futura Bird of Prey
Starship troopers TAC fighter
Futura Reliant

And embarassingly thats all I have to part with sorry :cry:

Good news is that I think I've got my hads on a Pastuer. So I'm only after the Voy shuttle.

AndyW
08-20-2003, 05:01 PM
Arse, doesn't look like I'm going to get the pastuer, some gimp has come along with a money pot and has set a maxium bid that must be way high, it was at 」16 for a set of 7 ships and now we are near 」40! Damn :cry:

vulcantouch
08-22-2003, 11:06 AM
"pastuer I like as its a great design of ship that we sadly have seen nothing more of"
-happen to know its backstory? as i recall it was designed & built as a personal hobby by a modeller who had some peripheral connection to the show, and who allowed it to be pressed into sfx service when they wanted a new ship for the AGT ep :)
i've asked b'jr about pasteur, pointing out that since you only seek it & voyshut we're in a unique position to assist you, and he's willing to listen to an offer :) on that note, gsjsko, please lmk what romandos (& futuras if any) you'll be sending so i can give b'jr food and perhaps drink for thought :)
vt (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/printthread.php?t=20777)

AndyW
08-22-2003, 12:34 PM
"pastuer I like as its a great design of ship that we sadly have seen nothing more of"
-happen to know its backstory? as i recall it was designed & built as a personal hobby by a modeller who had some peripheral connection to the show, and who allowed it to be pressed into sfx service when they wanted a new ship for the AGT ep :)

Wow, I had no idea about that, thats really really cool!

AndyW
08-22-2003, 12:50 PM
i've asked b'jr about pasteur, pointing out that since you only seek it & voyshut we're in a unique position to assist you, and he's willing to listen to an offer :) on that note, gsjsko, please lmk what romandos (& futuras if any) you'll be sending so i can give b'jr food and perhaps drink for thought :)
vt (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/printthread.php?t=20777)

So what would you like me to do now, or do I just sit tight?

good shot jansen
08-22-2003, 02:46 PM
vt,

i am definately sending you the following;

space 1999 hawk
tomy boba fett
romando bio ship (it's actually both the cloaked and non cloaked versions + small teenie weenie ones, so it's 4 ships for the price of one)

as for the futura's, i got no dupes of those :( sorry

i can also send you the following romandos if so desired, as no one spoke up regarding my august 4th post about em;

dark ent d
melbourne (comes in a two fer, cloaked and un cloaked)
light farragut
klingon bop (green not cloaked)
light ent d

so's if you wan'em, you got'em

vulcantouch
08-25-2003, 01:09 PM
-since you asked ;), i'd like you to prep kbop, reliant and tacfighter for dustoff, cuz since i read in other thred you just scored pasteur i spose we're ready to move :) just pm'd you my mailing address, email me yours & i'll launch voyshut to you asap :) meanwhile for future reference feel free to let us know here what you might have (b5 figure ships, ent-e w/captyacht etc) b4 selling it, we might be able to trade you stuff you seek :)
on that note: gsj, i'll pretend you just axed me same quextion andy just did ;), and say that since it sounds like there's no reason left for you to delay sending plz do so at your convenience. that way bioship, hawk (& maybe tomyboba? gotta get a look at first) will arrive in time for fall cafetable Fashionation, thanx :cool: i'll also take any romandos you & others don't need, if i don't want i'm sure b'jr will :)
and Why haven't I sent Your package yet?? cuz there's a space in it that's Perfect for an additional cassette, so i've been on lookout for one (at yardsales etc) to fill the gap. (hmm, happen to be curious &/or unfamiliar w/chris isaak? i've come across his stuff more than once :) ) so unless you specifically desire sooner launch i'll either wait till i find, or make you yet Another mixtape which would no doubt delay pkg even Longer (besides, i'd say that of all the individual mixtapes i've made for people here the one i previously made you is already the single best representation of my tune sensibility i've yet assembled :) ).
just remembered, i also owe bc3 a mixtape don't i? both for the romandos he fwded gsj and the aphex single he bought me a while back! sigh, my mixtape work nevah done ;)
btw looks like i'll have a bit of out-of-state roadtrip biz to take care of for a few days in case anyone has trouble reachin me some time in the next coupla weeks-
vt
np: human league, "fashionation" (j/k, that's much more of a spring tune :sur: )

AndyW
08-25-2003, 10:57 PM
VT, got your pm, thanks, tried to pm you back, wouldn't work. Can you pm me an email address I can contact you back on?

I'm all ready to go (but probably wont get chance to ship it tomorrow, more likely Wednesday), but just have a question for the best way to send these. You've all done this before I imagine, but how do you find is the best way to package them? Lots of padding and a jiffy bag or solid boxes?

Tips would help, want to do this right :D

AndyW
08-25-2003, 11:02 PM
meanwhile for future reference feel free to let us know here what you might have (b5 figure ships, ent-e w/captyacht etc) b4 selling it, we might be able to trade you stuff you seek :)

I sure will. Sorry to anyone that wanted B5 figures, I have already went on ebay. And the ent e went fast to a collector on the art asylum forum. I did find recently some little Mirco machines figures, I think they are from the Shadows of the Empire sets, and also some from Ep1. Oh, and I found a Qui Gon Jinn mini fig from the Action fleets. If anyone wants em, they are yours.

vulcantouch
08-26-2003, 12:13 AM
your forum email's deactivated, meanwhile my forum pm's deactivated; lucky thing i was willing to reactivate my pm function (even for a moment) to send you that mssg, or i spose we'd just have to call the whole thing off wouldn't we? ;) since you seem to prefer to not re-activate your ssg email (even for a moment), i'll simply advise you to add my screen name to at hotmail dot com :sur: i'm sure you'll understand if i prefer to not explicitly spell out my email address here in public, as it could then fall prey to any spammer program that automatically harvests addresses from forum pages :o (which is why i dig the ssg system- it allows off-board emails while Never thusly revealing one's address :) )
as for packing, i'd say just use common sense; while a compact shape like voyshut might work well in a jiffybag, a more gossamer design like the k-bop might fare better in a wingspan-exceeding cardboard box :cool:
vt

AndyW
08-26-2003, 07:46 AM
You've got mail VT, at least I hope!

good shot jansen
08-26-2003, 08:14 AM
in the next week or so, i'll get over to the post office, and mail your parcel vt.

no hurry on my end, if you find (or make) a tape that you think i should have, and since there happens to be just enough room in the box for such an item, i will wait :)

recieved a very interesting e-mail this morning from j-list

Hello. This is Daisuke from J-list.
First of all, we have to thank you for your purchase of the Star Trek Figure Full Set. I'm writing this mail to ask about Furuta Star Trek Figure.

Now we got the rare item called "Romulan Warbird".
We are supposed to sell it in $10.00.
That's pretty rare item.
So if you are interested in it, please let me know.
We did let you know about it because you bought the full set so early! Anyway we would appreciate it if you could reply for this mail. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Daisuke

looks as though there's a major possibility of me scoring the "rare" rom warbird.

do to the above e-mail, i'de have to say that j-list has soared to the top of my good online re-seller's list :)

good shot jansen
08-27-2003, 07:57 AM
received confirmation this morning that j-list is shipping me the romulon warbird :)

so thanx to j-list i acquire the full set of 11, for a grand total of $67.40,(which includes the shipping from the land of the rising sun)

$6.12 apiece.

not to bad! :)

britcit3
08-27-2003, 10:30 AM
received confirmation this morning that j-list is shipping me the romulon warbird :)

so thanx to j-list i acquire the full set of 11, for a grand total of $67.40,(which includes the shipping from the land of the rising sun)

$6.12 apiece.

not to bad! :)

J-list emailed me to say that mine is also on its way for the absolute BARGAIN price of $10 - I was nearly tempted to pay $30 on Ebay for it a couple of weeks ago - thank God I didn't.

BC3

sicqnus
08-28-2003, 07:35 AM
The guys at J-List are great ! The Romulan Warbirds are packed with a ratio of 2 per 72 units (a factory case). A very good occasion to complete the set for a few $$$.

BTW you can find the StarTrek 24 - 3" long PVC Ent-D lot + store display for only $13.99 at Toyzz.com
http://www.toyzz.com/toy.cfm?sid=30841742G50614082803002W128732656C195N 93N72N9D39425894H45532702E&pid=3078

Ok, not the best Enterprise miniatures ever but for such a price... :sur:

britcit3
09-06-2003, 05:15 AM
Just got the Furuta Romulan Warbird from J-List today.

Love it - far superior to the MM - the detailing on the "head" is excellent.

It is also in perfect scale to the MM galaxy class.

If you can bag 1, them get 1.

Cheers

BC3

Still can't believe only $10 from J-List

vulcantouch
09-07-2003, 06:50 PM
-oh biz-zoy, can't wiz-zait, hiz-zint hiz-zint (the z's are for z-zippycode) ;)
andy: pkg just arrived a-ok :) so i spose i really should mail yours asap- which, yes, means i haven't yet :o for what it's worth your pkg spurred me to resolve the packing paradox that i've allowed to delay my shipment to gsj (post 116 above), and if it's one thing that finally gets me to make a timely post orifice run it's the opportunity to kill 2 birds w/one trip :)
meanwhile the opportunity andy's afforded me to view 2 futuras in person for the first time (k-bop and reliant) as left me decidedly ambivalent. on one hand they're surprisingly appealing; on the other, same appeal tempts me to actually pursue an entire set of this non-mm-size line, an annoying temptation since i prefer to keep my collecting more narrow-focused :o
if these two are any indication this line's probably a bit too large for regular cafe deployment, but they surely qualify in every other sense :cool: k-bop's glaring deficits are its too-rounded nose, its overgeneralized gun detail, its inaccurate, inorganic crown etchings and of course that fact that it isn't mm-size. otherwise i totally dig it, mainly for its matte paintjob, esp. its underside palette medley of gradated rust (on the wings), turquoise and sepia setting off the green base :)
meanwhile reliant's deficit has always been its dorky starfleet configuration imo, being perhaps The example of why alien ships invariably outcool "sensible" fed designs :p but futura's execution of The Ship Too Lame To Fend Off A Khanjacking makes it a keeper, w/its matte off-white base and subtle, sprayed concentric rings of gray around the saucer accented w/an unexpected but credible variety of color accents- including, in a touch of admirable thoroughness, the Underside of the weapons pod and Windows all round the main hull's vertical edges :cool:
oh btw i know b'jr'll dig the tac fighter :) so thanx again andy (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204&page=2&pp=15), i'll try to not keep you waitin much longer :cool:

bc3: "detailing on the 'head' is excellent"
-hey that's what She said lazt nite- OH! :D seriously, i assume you could only be referring to Windows? if so, considering warbird's ~a mile long, and head's about 1/5 that tall, and applying the skyscraper standard of 1 floor equaling ~ten feet, that works out to ~One Hundred Decks from beaktip to crown! so tell us, is the futura's window scale consonant with those specs?? :eek:
b4 the advent of scifimms i got the ~10" warbird model and started microdrilling (w/a size 80 bit) row after tightly-stacked row of windows in the head, in a quixotic attempt to depict that scale of detail. i never did finish, but what i did get done didn't look half bad; i still got it round here somewhere :)
vt

AndyW
09-07-2003, 08:55 PM
-oh biz-zoy, can't wiz-zait, hiz-zint hiz-zint (the z's are for z-zippycode) ;)
andy: pkg just arrived a-ok :) so i spose i really should mail yours asap- which, yes, means i haven't yet :o for what it's worth your pkg motivated me to resolve the packing paradox that i've allowed to delay my shipment to gsj (post 116 above), and if it's one thing that finally gets me to make a post orifice run it's the opportunity to kill 2 birds w/one trip :)
meanwhile the opportunity andy's afforded me to view 2 futuras in person for the first time (k-bop and reliant) as left me decidedly ambivalent. on one hand they're surprisingly appealing; on the other, same appeal tempts me to actually pursue an entire set of this non-mm-size line, an annoying temptation since i prefer to keep my collecting more narrow-focused :o
vt

Excellent, glad it found you ok. And no worries on the delays, I'm a very patient man, and I recieved the pastuer I won in an auction last week so I'm still playing with that. I'm a little dissapointed with it to be honest, but all in, I'm fairly pleased. I bagged a Maquis raider too, and I really do like that! I've also got some more epic collection box sets on the way, which I got cheap, so I think I might take some pictures of my collection soon, and make a nice list of what I actually have!

Also next month I'm going to start a proper rebuild of my Star Wars collection of MM's, which means going on the hunt on ebay!

vulcantouch
09-09-2003, 01:08 PM
. . .cuz as of yesterday your voyshut & gsj's megapackage are Finally en route, eta to you both, 5-10 days :) lmk when arrive & if it's all as it should be. meanwhile i'll await 8472 bioship :D
and remember, all your unwanted extras can always find a good home thru vt's MMile-high clearinghouse :greedy:
vt

AndyW
09-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Thanks VT, now I know its on its way I have no patience at all :D

On a slight Voy shuttle link, there was an auction for the set it was in on ebay quite recently, 」86 it went for, not to bad when some other goon wants 」160+ for it!

And on monday I made a smashing find. Theres a shop I hadn't been to for almost ten years that used to sell Babylon 5 MM's and as I was on a day trip with friends I went to see if it were still there. Sure enough, its there. I peer through the window and in a glass cabinette theres some MM packs. They are only the same B5 sets!!!!!! One of them was the star fury set that I never got. I was so excited. The catch...the place is closed on a mondays!! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think anything that irritating has ever happend to me, I was less than four feet away from them, and yet no hope of getting them. And its not somewhere I ever go near, being approx 250 miles from my home. Arse!

britcit3
09-10-2003, 01:59 AM
Hey AndyW

Where is the shop?

If it is in the North West - anywhere between Liverpool and the Scottish border, I can usually drop by (I work all over the place).

If it is in the North West, let me know.

BC3

AndyW
09-10-2003, 07:42 AM
Hey AndyW

Where is the shop?

If it is in the North West - anywhere between Liverpool and the Scottish border, I can usually drop by (I work all over the place).

If it is in the North West, let me know.

BC3

Blackpook of all places! Thankyou, I may take your offer up on that, I do however have a free rail pass after I did some part time work on the trains over the summer, so I might go up on the train, I will see.

britcit3
09-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Blackpook of all places! Thankyou, I may take your offer up on that, I do however have a free rail pass after I did some part time work on the trains over the summer, so I might go up on the train, I will see.

Hi Andy

I am usually in Blackpool about once a week - I can drop by for you no problem.

I am presuming that you looked in either of Bpools 2 comic/sci-fi shops - Thunderbooks & the other one on Bold Street near the sea front (with the REALLY fat guy behind the counter).

I know that Thunderbooks have all 6 B5 mm sets but will only sell them together - I asked.

Let me know if you want me to drop by.

Cheers

BC3

AndyW
09-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Wow, that would be great britcit. Can you remember how much they wanted for the 6 of them. I was planning to buy all of them anyway, even though I already have some.

AndyW
09-10-2003, 07:28 PM
And yes, it was Thunderbooks, couldn't believe the place was still there!

britcit3
09-11-2003, 02:01 AM
And yes, it was Thunderbooks, couldn't believe the place was still there!

When I asked a few months ago, they wanted 」60 for the 6 sets - not cheap.

I will get them for you if you want them though.

Cheers

BC3

AndyW
09-11-2003, 10:05 AM
I will leave it until I know I've got the extra money, but as soon as I do, you can go bounty hunting :D It would be most most appriciated!

I wonder if they have any other mm's? I'm very lacking in the star wars department. However, yesterday was a very important day for my collection, and requires a bit of a story....

When I first got into collection Star Trek, and then star wars mm's, I had another friend who was into them. Being about 12 or so, money was very tight (I used to get 」15 pocket money a month-if I was good) and so we used to trade with each other, meaning it was actually one collection split in half. In order for me to get some that I wanted, I had to part with stuff I didnt really want to, the Ent B, Mon Cal Home One, Saucer Sep Ent D etc etc.

Well, he moved away from our home town and so did I to uni, I've been visiting the midlands this week to see family and friends and it turned out he'd moved home. I'd asked him many many times over the last year (by email) if he'd sell his collection, I go firm no's everytime. Then, night before last, we went out for a meal and he said he'd decided to give them to me, he was only going to sell them on ebay! So, my collection has grown, and I've been reunited with some MM's I haven't seen in almost ten years!

In return I gave him my Art Asylum Ent A, which now means I've got to buy myself another, as it did look very cool on display! Anyway, hope you enjoyed the story!

sicqnus
09-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Fluorescent Romando ships.

Just a little word on the Romando's StarTrek micros, in the case you didn't noticed, the translucent Voyager, Melbourne and Bioship are all FLUORESCENT in the dark. You just have to expose them under the lamp and turn off the light. It works even better under an UV lamp (blacklight). The other ships have fluo marks too, especially the Dark Farragut, Dark Enterprise-D and Dark Voyager. They are beautiful in the dark with all their windows and nacelles lighted !!!
(That's why there are darker versions).
Curiously the cloacked BOP is not fluo ; don't know why...

BTW I made an HMS Bounty with spreading wings using paint, glue, X-Acto scalpel and a green BOP. Quite easy because the plastic is very soft.
Will post pics asap.

Sicqnussssssssssssssssssss---------------

AndyW
09-11-2003, 07:51 PM
Ive got a HMS Bounty with folding wings, great little MM, best of all the versions of BOP.

Viper
10-06-2003, 08:18 AM
Ive seen all those ships. a micro star trek line would be cool. im excited to see the mon calamari cruiser death star and star destroyer.

SWAFMAN
10-08-2003, 09:18 AM
welcome to the MM / AF forum, viper.

britcit3
10-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Finally bagged one of these..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2563900995&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:UK:6

There is a micro ent-E embedded in a bar of soap - I'll chip it out and photo it once I have it.

I have been after one of these for about 6 months but this is the 1st one that I have seen on Ebay in that time.

Will post again when it is de-soaped.

BC3

LTBasker
10-17-2003, 03:12 PM
BC3, before clicking that link it sounded like someone tossed a Galoob Ent-E into a bar of soap. :eek: :crazed: :D

Hey I was just wonderin, are those Japan micro ships still available anywhere?

SWAFMAN
10-26-2003, 06:15 PM
picked up the art asylum ent-a on a quick trip to Michigan yesterday. had a little confusion figuring out how to get it on the display stand at first. I didn't want to use the amount of force needed to pop the stand into the hull section of the ship.

Now that it's on the shelf right next to my monitor, it looks outstanding!

IMO, it is properly priced at ~$20 in relation to GALOOB-era Action Fleet, based on its size, detail, and overall solid feel of the ship.

Does anyone know if other Trek ships in this same scale and basic concept of build quality are in the pipeline from AA? So far, there are just the NX-01 and Ent-A, right? Obviously, a k-bop or rombird would be spectacular at this scale.

Same store had a whole bunch more of the ent-a (some boxes were not too good), and a bunch o' TOS-style phasers for ~$22, I think. Also had about 3 SWAF solar sailers & a couple battle damaged naboo fighters on clearance for $8 or $9.

Maybe finding these isn't notable for most readers, but in my town in central PA, I never saw ANY ent-a or phasers at all.

sicqnus
10-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Art Asylum will make the Battle Damaged Enterprise-A (same deco as the BD NX) and the Enterprise-E for fall 2004. Next should be the Reliant and maybe Voyager and Enterprise-B (or Excelsior). These last two are only rumors at this time.

JediTricks
10-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Swaffy, I think you mean Ent-A, not Ent-E. So what store was this? My local comic shop is the only place that's gotten these around here, I sunk $35 on the ship but couldn't sink $30 on the phaser even though I want it and the figs too.

SWAFMAN
10-26-2003, 09:42 PM
JT, you're right, of course. It is the Ent-A. I was distracted while posting last time, due to trying to type while holding a wriggly baby in my left arm at the same time. She finally fell asleep there, but after driving all the way to central Michigan and back in one stretch, I fell asleep right in the chair, with her.

The store is Meijers (pronounced Meyers). I never saw any in So Cal, or anywhere else, except Michigan & Ohio, but I imagine they're other places, too. You've probably heard of them, or even been to one. It's like a Wal Mart Supercenter, but bigger & nicer. I've been to several of them in MI & OH, and in my opinion, they consistently have the best toy section of any discount store I've ever seen.

If you still want a phaser when we take the baby back (not sure when, but in 1 to 3 weeks, probably), I'll look for one for you. I'm thinking about looking for a good condition boxed one of the Ent-A to keep unopened. Although, for $20 each, it will get expensive to do the 1 opened & 1 boxed thing with these ships if they make very many of them. They also had several of the figs, but I didn't take specific note of which ones they had, or their prices.

sicqnus, thanks for the info on other AA trek ships coming out and rumored. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd gladly go without the Excelsior in exchange for a villain ship. I've always thought the Excelsior was kind of stupid looking.

If anyone somehow sees a NX-01 for sale for a normal price, I'd be interested in one. Box condition unimportant, as it would be an opener.

JediTricks
10-27-2003, 10:37 PM
I've heard of Meijers from reports on the site, but no, never seen one. I'm pretty broke, so I don't know if I could pay you all at once, but if that's no problem (and it's certainly OK if it is) I would like a Phaser... and another Ent-A. :D

SWAFMAN
10-28-2003, 11:57 AM
JT - any box condition requirements on the phaser or ent-a? fyi - I looked at all the ent-a boxes on my last visit, and it may be tough to find a good one.

if they still have 'em on my next trip to MI, I'll do my best to snag 'em both for you. :)

JediTricks
10-28-2003, 10:10 PM
Boxes? Boxes? As long as the item inside isn't damaged, boxes matter not, I'm opening this stuff. Thanks for lookin' Swaffy! :)