PDA

View Full Version : I know where the new Han and Chewie can be found!

JangoFart
04-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Hi, folks. I just ordered the new Han and Chewie from Cloud City. Goto: http://www.cloudcity.com/search_results.asp?subcat=349-bottom&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtDateAddedStart=&txtPriceEnd=&txtPriceStart=&txtSale=&txtsearchParamTxt=*&txtFromSearch=

They are $14.99 each which is not bad at all since you can't find them anywhere and they are not officially out yet.

J

TheDarthVader
04-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Thanks, but I will wait until 2004 or so (lol) to pick these up. $15 is too much for my blood. It will be a while, I know, before I see these at retail.

JangoFart
04-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Oh yeah, they have the new Boba Fett Carkoon for $13.99 as well.

J

Beast
04-09-2003, 11:49 AM
You can get Boba Fett, and the rest of his wave from Yestertoys for less then that. The Boba Fett is $8.25, and the other three are like $6.25 or somthing like that. :)

Boba Fett: Pit of Carkoon (http://sites.browsermanaged.com/folder6443/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=33220&product=1053)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JangoFart
04-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Wow, has Yestertoys updated their page?!? I have bought from them tons of times and like them. But, their page has been crap for a while now and not updated in a long while. I'll have to go check it out. Thanks, JJB.

J

Amy
04-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Dude, Kebco has them for $5.99;)

InsaneJediGirl
04-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Yeah,I'd have to agree with Amy.Why pay $15 when you can buy the figures for $6 or so.:D

bobafrett
04-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Yes, I agree, I wouldn't pay $15, unless it was some figure that you could no longer get. Since these have yet to be released, you might want to try some of the above mentioned online stores.

Kidhuman
04-09-2003, 03:29 PM
I will wait or order them from one of those sites as well.

JangoFart
04-09-2003, 03:36 PM
I recommend you check Kebco's site. The newest thing they have is the re-do of that horrid Yoda from EP1. Thanks, but no thanks. When's the last time any of you have come across anything newer than Padme or the Tusken? And they've been released since, what, January?

Thanks, but no thanks. I have no problem paying that for mint figures that, using history as a guide, I won't see on the pegs or at any online store for the next 4 to 5 months.

But, hey, that's just me.

J

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2003, 06:56 PM
But then . . . maybe you'll waltz into a Wal-Mart in a po-dunk town in the middle of nowhere and get them eventually. Or maybe not, but $15 is way too high.

JangoFart
04-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I do seem to find great stuff in the middle of nowhere. However, it's usually old stuff that surprises me I found; i.e., Dexter's with "pipe" text, no dot Clone Troopers, "Removeable Cloak" Luminara's, Ephant, etc.

Of course, we each set our own personal rules for what we will and won't do for our collections. I refused to buy a MOMC Carkoon Fett until they dropped below $16.00. I got it and I'm very pleased. (I got it at a time where they were going for $25 a pop on eBay.) Do I have a problem on plunking down $10 - 15 per figure? Heck no! The gas, time, and, most importantly, FRUSTRATION I save is worth well beyond that to me. I used to enjoy the hunt for figures - back when figures were actually carried at stores. Now, I'm burnt out on seeing the same 3 damn figures at every store I go to and I guess I'm getting jaded.

$15.00 for a new Hoth Han and Mynock Chewie?!!? All day long, baby; all day long.

J

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-09-2003, 08:01 PM
" I know where the new Han and Chewie can be found!"

OOOOOOOHHH!! So do I!! At stores such as Wal-mart, target, Meijer, KB, Toys R Us, and various shops for that matter too in a matter of months, for the retail price of 4-6 dollars. I'm the MAN!!!

Best. Post. Ever.

:D

JangoFart
04-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
" I know where the new Han and Chewie can be found!"

OOOOOOOHHH!! So do I!! At stores such as Wal-mart, target, Meijer, KB, Toys R Us, and various shops for that matter too in a matter of months, for the retail price of 4-6 dollars. I'm the MAN!!!

Best. Post. Ever.

:D

Ha! Yeah, Guyute!

Do me a favor, 'k? In July or August, or September, or whenever it is you get the find of the century for $4-6, please post and tell me how nice the figures are and how nice it is to have bested me. Can you do that for me? I'd appreciate it.

J

Banthaholic
04-09-2003, 10:02 PM
JangoFart, glad you were able to get what you want. I'm with you, I'm so sick of going to stores only to see the same thing over and over again.
Just last week I visited 12 wal-marts in 2 days because they're supposed to have the new figures in and found squat. Just to think of the waisted time. Heck time is money. If I was jobless or on a budget I'd prob be more cautious.
A few weeks back I preordered a case from EE with 12 separate figures in, heck the way they're showing up it'd take me months to finally see thema ll, and I get them all at one time :)

Darthvader7677
04-09-2003, 10:19 PM
"you must do what you think is right, of course"

JangoFart
04-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Banthaholic:

I know. It's getting down-right absurd! Yeah, I dug the Clone Pilot and Jango Pilot and Lott Dod and even, I guess, Watto. But I wouldn't mind seeing something other than those suckers! I did luck into a Barriss and Aayla a few weeks ago in the middle of nowhere Arkansas. But, everything else, pretty much, I've had to get off the net.

J

JangoFart
04-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Oh, the irony!!

I just got my order in from Cloud City and tore it open to see my new Han and Chewie. To my dismay, they were not in the box!! Cloud City shipped the Freeze Frame figures that I got for a couple of bucks each, but not the Han and Chewie!

I called them and they apologized and said they'd ship them out to me today.

So, I don't guess I'll be able to tell anyone how nice or plain these guys look just yet. I'll let you know when I do finally get them.

J

Jayspawn
04-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Thats WAY too much to spend on these figures. I won't pay more than retail.

jjreason
04-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Me neither, not after JF's last post. Shouldn't advertise product they can't deliver on, that's not nice.

Sentinel18725
04-15-2003, 07:30 PM
I'll wait thanks.

JangoFart
04-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Well, I got the Han and Chewie today. The amount of articulation on Chewie is very impressive. Each arm has 3 points of articulation and they did a great job of concealing the joints with flowing hair. His bowcaster is a bit large, but the idea of having a firing one is cool for you openers out there.

The Han (blue coat) looks great too. He has a good deal of accessories - lightsaber, face mask, sensor pack, blaster and holster. I guess he is the first figure to come with the new all-plastic lightsabers. (Although the pic on the back has him holding a metal handled saber.) Hasbro STILL has yet to truly nail Harrison Ford's likeness though, IMO. Still a great figure.

J

JangoFart
05-14-2003, 12:17 PM
How's this for an update? A seller on eBay whom I've used many times has these figures CHEAP! $6.99 for Chewie at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3131105067 and $8.99 for Han at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3131104957

I've used this seller many times, as recently as last week. He's an honest seller and a good Joe, if you guys are interested.

J

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2003, 04:32 PM
I got these today from Wal-Mart. My mom was getting a tape for my sister before school, and they were stocking the figures then. These are cool! And I didn't pay 3 times as much as I should have. :D

Slicker
06-05-2006, 05:18 PM
I just picked these up from TRU 3 years ago and they are fantastic!!!

TheDarthVader
06-05-2006, 11:10 PM
In a follow up to my post in this thread, I did find these...and I did pay retail for them.