PDA

View Full Version : forbidden love trailer is the best yet!

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-16-2001, 06:34 AM
i can't belive all the new characters we see in this one! and at the very end, i think anikan is battleing a CLONED DARTH MAUL! he has those pointy things on his head. take a gander for yourself!!!

JediTricks
11-16-2001, 07:45 AM
That is a Tusken Raider, who had pointy heads long before Darth Maul was a wink in George's eye. Anakin is taking revenge for the death of his mommy, I've heard (hey, it's the spoiler section, when in Rome... ;)).

I personally didn't like this trailer much at all. I'm not thrilled with what was shown and with Hayden's acting in the scenes, and I especially felt left down after the big cool of "Mystery".

bigbarada
11-16-2001, 08:34 AM
I agree with you on the trailer being the best yet, KAM's bro; but am hoping you're wrong about the Darth Maul thing. I'm defintely going to have to watch it a few more times now.

good shot jansen
11-16-2001, 08:36 AM
i wish that forbidden love was released 1st via dvd, and that mystery is the trailer that we get to see in the theaters!

as fer the acting, i couldn't care less! dust off that old copy of a new hope, and tell me if harrison, carrie, or marks acting is any better!:rolleyes:

but i do feel that the forbidden love is a bit of letdown after the dizzing buzz i got from mystery.

xboywonder
11-16-2001, 09:25 AM
I have to agree with JediTricks...
Hayden does seem a little on the lame side... as far as the acting goes, of course it was only a few seconds of scenes.

But as we all know acting ability is not something George Lucas takes into consideration when casting... i.e. Young Anikin from Episode 1... What was that kids name ? - He was really bored or something throught the shooting of Ep1 - He sounded like he just woke up throughout the whole movie.

Tycho
11-16-2001, 10:04 AM
I really liked this trailer. I HAVE NOT decided which is my favorite, but as "Forbidden Love" is new, it's like comparing Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath to Removeable Helmet on the Freeze Frame. They're both great; one's just newer and thus very hot right now.

I think the acting was fine. The picnic scene captured "Dawson's Creek" just fine, and I think I could use this clip to get my girlfriend to see the show. (I think the trailer was definitely aimed at "The Titanic's" audience).

I loved thier (first?) kiss on the balcony on Naboo, the waterfall scene, and the little gondolla they ride in the water (seen exiting) by a building on Naboo.

I like the fact that on Coruscant, Padme's totally NOT into him. Remember fellas when we liked that ONE girl? You'd do anything to win her, and it became a challenge to try. Anakin plays nicely into that role and it makes her love even more valuable when she'll finally return it to him.

I like all her outfits by the way, except for the cargo ship one (yellow). It looks like she's wearing moss or 'Halloweening' as a sniper from Desert Storm. The picnic scene makes her look like a hippie girl though (just a little). Did Anakin pack his guitar? On Tatooine, she lets her bellybutton show. (Is this a CGI effect? It's the best one, if so. She looks so perfect!) My new favorite is the all-black by the fireplace. Lady Vader indeed! I can see why Anakin likes black leather, now!

Getting into the action shots, Obi-Wan hanging from the assassin droid looks better than in any previous trailer! Those were some great clips as he tries to grab on to something thinking "Maybe this wasn't such a great idea!"

The shot of Anakin riding the swoop looked disappointingly fake though (the background). Hayden looks cool, but I wish ILM would fix the rest of the picture! (I don't think it's done yet).

Note Jango's rocket pack IS Boba Fett's - the yellow and red markings are from the Return of the Jedi gear - and not consistent with the rest of Jango's favorite colors. Very cool.

Lightsabers galore? Obi-Wan looks seriously intense as he clashes with Count Dooku / Lord Tyranus! Anakin reminds me of all the hatred in Exar Kun when the human face of Darth Vader slays that Tusken Raider. (It is not Darth Maul, so you little Maul Rats should spend less time posting, and work on getting the money to get your tattoos removed).

I hope every outfit of Natalie's gets an action figure, and a 12" too. (except the Cargo Ship Sniper one - she's ready for Afganistan! Geeze).

Geonosis is the first Star Wars planet with natural rings around it. Cool!

Geeze I've probably got more to say still, but I have to keep watching it. Talk to yous alls later, dudes!

Co Jo-Da
11-16-2001, 11:17 AM
Man, I love this trailer. This beginings with a really hard focus on the love story between Anakin and Pademe' but it takes off and reveals some very cool stuff.

1) A really cool shot of Anakin riding a Swoop through the Tatooine landscape.

2) Obi-Wan charging in on Jango, so so cool...

3) Count Dooku standing and waiting for someone with his saber drawn out, man I can't wait to see him in action...

4) Anakin and Pademe' being taken out in to the arena.

5) Obi-Wan piloting his Jedi Fighter trying hard to ecsape from Slave I and Jango.

6) And my favorate, Anakin cutting down a Tusken Raider for the death of his Mother Shmi...

This TRAILER is so very AWESOME...

Lord Malakite
11-16-2001, 11:25 AM
I personally liked the scene where Anakin starts to wine like a little girl.

Anakin: IT'S ALL OBI-WAN'S FAULT!!! HE'S HOLDING ME BACK!!!
Padme: Well you're not all powerful Ani.
Anakin: WELL I SHOUD BE!!! SOMEDAY I WILL BE THE MOST POWERFUL JEDI EVER!!!

Co Jo-Da
11-16-2001, 11:53 AM
YEah, very Luke-ish... Keep crying Ani...

Fulit
11-16-2001, 01:17 PM
Did anyone notice in the opening shot, Anakin standing by the window in the EXACT way Vader stood at the Super Star Destroyer window in ESB? I thought that was cool.

Wolfwood319
11-16-2001, 02:31 PM
What time frame does this movie take place over? In the trailer, you get the impression from the one scene that this is the first time Padme and Anakin have seen each other in 10 years. Yet at the end of the movie they're getting married.

Just curious....

JEDIpartner
11-16-2001, 02:55 PM
They haven't seen each each other in ten years, but there was always that initial attraction- remember some of the Royal Starship scenes in TPM? There was a fondness and a closeness they felt- comforting smiles Padme would throw Anakin while on Coruscant...

You couple that with Anakin getting what he wants and Padme's sympathy for him over the death of his mother and- VOILA! Instant marriage! :kiss:

master jedi
11-16-2001, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro
i can't belive all the new characters we see in this one! and at the very end, i think anikan is battleing a CLONED DARTH MAUL! he has those pointy things on his head. take a gander for yourself!!!

That's what we simple folk call a tusken raider.

Co Jo-Da
11-16-2001, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Did anyone notice in the opening shot, Anakin standing by the window in the EXACT way Vader stood at the Super Star Destroyer window in ESB? I thought that was cool.

I agree that is a very cool touch...

Originally posted be Wolfwood319
What time frame does this movie take place over? In the trailer, you get the impression from the one scene that this is the first time Padme and Anakin have seen each other in 10 years. Yet at the end of the movie they're getting married.

AotC takes place 10 years after TPM, Anakin and Pademe' shared a few MOMENTS in TPM and the first scene in the Trailer reflects those feeling. They were happy to see other and you could see the spark of those MOMENTS that they had in the past. From all the spy reports Anakin and Pademe get married in AotC at the end but I think they might (possibly in secret) get married before the end.

The 'Xir
11-16-2001, 11:47 PM
Ummm just an inquiring thought, but has anything been said solidly that 1) Ani and Padme have NEVER spoken to each other or corresponded in the 10 or so years between TPM and AOTC! and 2) Has it been solidified that they are getting married by the end of the film?
I mean in the OT, not once does Luke or Leia mention the words 'Parents' or their 'marriage'!
I mean look at alot of the tragic classic love stories, not all of them have the couple getting married at anytime! We all know this is as disfunctional of a family as you can get, so seeing the kids born out of wedlock wouldn't suprise me! I mean if anything the Jedi and their code would never let it take place, so unless there is some sort of eloping thing going on in the drive through lane of Courscants Gambling district, I don't forsee a wedding ever!!!!!
Could be wrong, but thats just me! :D

derek
11-17-2001, 12:09 AM
i know we're basing our speculations on spy reports, but everything i've seen in the three trailers have confirmed exactly the info from the spy reports. i've yet to find one contridiction. the same reliable spys have told us they'll be getting married, and so far i see no reason to doubt this.

bigbarada
11-17-2001, 01:00 PM
I've actually heard it confirmed in the SW Insider that Ep2 would end with the marriage of Anakin and Padme. Don't remember who said it but I will look it up.

The 'Xir
11-18-2001, 12:58 AM
Yeah that's cool! I mean if you can find the source of that, that would be great. Personally I don't remember reading anything about that, but then again I don't think I got the last Insider because of moving complications! But, post away, I'd love to know!!! ThanX!

Co Jo-Da
11-18-2001, 01:55 AM
Man these are probably my favorate shots (so far)...:happy:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/forbidden/46.jpg

And

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/forbidden/81.jpg

OK AND

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/forbidden/49.jpg

Man I can't wait...

Bothan187
11-18-2001, 05:20 AM
I liked most of the trailer (who didn't)
The force was strong with:
1. The Tuskin bouts to be chopped up was slick!
2. Anakin's stern look as he discovers something on tatooine?
3. Obi inside the cockpit of his fighter
4. the count raising is saber up
5. Anakin on his swoop
6. the opening as he looks upon the horrizon (vaderish)

The Darkside of the Trailer:
1. 13 different outfits for padme fits into a 2:10 trailer
2. Anakin's hissy fit
3. Cheese factor over the limit, with lines like: "my ani, have you grown.'' and '' so have you, grown more beautiful.''

Over all, I loved it because it's new and it's star wars!

Co Jo-Da
11-19-2001, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Bothan187
Anakin's hissy fit

Hey like we haven't seen something like that before...Like Son, Like FATHER...Keep crying Ani...:cry:

JediTricks
11-20-2001, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Hey like we haven't seen something like that before...Like Son, Like FATHER...Keep crying Ani...:cry: Dude, Luke just kinda whined to his uncle a bit, Anakin was throwing a full-on tantrum. :D

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-20-2001, 08:37 PM
oh, great! anikan gets to throw a temper tantrum on the big screen (sigh) wish i could get payed to do what he does...