PDA

View Full Version : Ignorance must be bliss!

keith koth
04-09-2003, 06:00 PM
No need to respond to this...just feel as though a statement needs to be made.

It is so sad that some moderator here is too ignorant to determine the difference between a political statement and a non-political statement!

Someone thinks these forums should be an Autocracy...that is so sad. :cry:

Beast
04-09-2003, 06:07 PM
It was clearly a political thread, and needed to be closed. The discussion of political and religious topics are off limits on the forums. Sir Steve has banned those topics from being discussed. And with good reason, due to all the bad blood it caused here.

It's for the good of the forums, as it removes the possibility of fights and trouble breaking out here over things people feel so strongly for. There are enough heated discussions about the Star Wars films themselves. But it never typically degenerates into hurt feelings and shouting matches.

If you don't like the rules, there are forums out there for the discussions of politics and religion. This is a private moderated message board run by Sir Steve. His rules are law, and the moderator's have little to no choice in making sure that those rules are followed. 'Nuff Said.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
04-09-2003, 06:08 PM
People are arguing more often than not. For these reasons, and these reasons only, we will close/delete any political and religious threads that the new rule falls under.

Political overtones + caused argument = Thread closed

LTBasker
04-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Of course ignorance is bliss, and Hasbro's in eternal bliss. ;)

keith koth
04-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Okay, so what does everyone think about the liberated people of the Star Wars galaxy dancing in the streets after the cruel dictator, Emperor Palpatine, and his evil regime were destroyed?

That question is just as political, but I must be allowed to talk about it because it is Star Wars.

It is the same damn thing...I was drawing a direct comparison...like it or not, SW is a political movie and we should be able to "generally" discuss political topics/current events as they relate to SW. Hell, GL himself openly discusses the political aspects of SW...and even went as far as to say that decades from now people will look back at the 6 movies and see them as a political statement.

Why not just create a separate area for all political/semi-political posts to be made. Those who oppose political discussion can easily stay clear of that area!

So how 'bout it SirSteve? There are other USELESS (i.e., Misc: Other) forums here that could be changed for the purpose of "general political discussion".

To deny political discussion is to deny an essential aspect of SW.

Peace!

Beast
04-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Sir Steve has already said you can politics, in the movies themselves. Not using the events of the films, as a veiled relation to the current ongoing politics in real life. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

keith koth
04-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Sir Steve has already said you can politics, in the movies themselves. Not using the events of the films, as a veiled relation to the current ongoing politics in real life. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Okay, but I still think that a "general political discussion" forum should be created.

I see SW as more than just a series of movies. I see it as an opportunity to learn about the potential pitfalls of society's decisions. Example: Cloning and the negative aspects of it.

We should be able to discuss these "real life" situations and draw comparisons between them and SW...If for no other reason than to perhaps educate ourselves and others.

But hey, who am I to suggest/request this...
Eventually SSG will run us all off with their petty little rules/regulations regarding such "real life" issues.

And...no, I don't want to go discuss politics in some other forum on some other website. I want to discuss these issues here with my Star Wars loving peers.

Beast
04-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Nope, you want to discuss politics take it to a site for the discussion of politics. A seperate forum section won't end the arguments, it will just stick them in a nice tinderbox to go up in flames. We've already seen it in the past with the most innocent of P&R threads.

This is Steve's website, he pays the hosting fees and runs the place. If he wants to ban the discussion of certain topics, then it's well within' his right to do so. If you want to pay his hosting fees from now on, and deal with the headaches then you can dictate what can happen here.

Just deal with it, there are things that won't be allowed here. Sex talk, Political talk, Religious talk, Racist talk. They are disallowed due to this site being an all ages site. There are rules everywhere you go. You have to deal with the ones that effect you. Like it or lump it, it's what's the best for the site.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
04-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Ya can't stop, you can only hope to contain them.

But ya can ban them and they have been banned. I am waving at them right now from my window. Seriously they have caused an untold amount of problems. Thats why they were banned.

sith_killer_99
Okay, but I still think that a "general political discussion" forum should be created....But hey, who am I to suggest/request this...

Oh, well why didn't you say so in the first place.

I think your just posting in the wrong area. Try here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=97

;)

keith koth
JJB...let Sirsteve speak for himself!

Kidhuman
04-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
JJB...let Sirsteve speak for himself!

He has. It is at the top of every page. It says political and religious threads. And it is a sticky. Sirsteve don't waste post-its for nothing.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-09-2003, 07:01 PM
I thought you were leaving JediBrian? Man, I guess it must've been a dream that one day where there wasn't any arguing or stalking. Man, that was some good times, right everybody? :D

If you don't like the site nor it's rules, simply don't post here. We've had the ban on political threads for a bit now and things seem pretty calm most of the time. Don't like it, exit stage left and don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Cheers!

Beast
04-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by JediBrian
Keith Koth, let it go man...you can't win. I was banned for "flirting" or whatever.....so these brown shirt Moderators will never let you voice a political or religious view. LOL. If I were you, I'd just try somewhere else, where the 1st amendment is allowed. We are supposed to discuss Star Wars, when shooting for the new film hasn't even begun. Or we have to discuss action figures which isn't even being properly distributed. We cannot discuss anything serious here, try AOL forums, or yahoo forums. The title of this site is SIR STEVE....hmmmm, but we are all expected to stick on Star Wars topics. If I were you Kieth, I'd just browse forums and not bother to post. Because they don't like that either...when users post in numerous threads at one time, the hall moniters get very upset. If you browse closely on a lot of these threads, the Moderators cause more problems than the posters. LOL. Good luck voicing your strong opinions tho, I respect you for trying. Take care.
Funny, I thought you were banned for being a stalker. And chasing someone around the site and almost off the site. Oh well, your back so drop it. Learn your lesson from what happened.

As you should know, the first amendment isn't appliable to privatley owned websites. Steve owns the site, and he pays the hosting fees. He has the right to do whatever he wants with the site. Including the banning of discussions he doesn't see as proper. If you have followed those types of discussions in the past, you should know why.

You can discuss anything serious you want, outside of the banned and taboo topics. You wouldn't be so supportive of the talk of sex on the site. There are rules to protect minors and keep things running smoothly on the site. If you've seen how fast those political threads deteriorate, you would know why.

They don't like when users post in numerous topics at once? The hell? When did that happen. Funny, I post all over the forums but I respect the rules and have no problems. I talk my damn head off most of the time, 8,000+ posts can't be wrong. :)

The moderators are here to try to clean up the problems, they are Sir Steve's voice when he can't be here. They may cheese people off sometime, but this place would degenerate to Rebelscum if not for them.

And Keith, a word of advice. Don't take respect from stalker boy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks