PDA

View Full Version : KB toys 50% off on select Star Wars!

plasticfetish
04-09-2003, 09:27 PM
On the odd chance that no one has seen this yet (or if this is the right place to post this) ...

I wandered into my local KB today and saw signs for a 50% off sale. The sale seems to cover just about everything they have ... figures, unleashed, vehicles, lightsabers, etc. If I remember correctly, the sign said that it runs through early May.

Adam
04-09-2003, 11:39 PM
I saw that too. Looks like its time for me to finally get a Jedi Starfighter, and a Maul Unleased.

bobafrett
04-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Yes, I saw it after I went to the KB Web site and they had both the 12" clonetrooper officers for $12.99, so I dropped by the store only to find a limited amount of stuff for 50% off. This did not include any of the 12" clone troopers.

plasticfetish
04-10-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
This did not include any of the 12" clone troopers.
(** cough, cough ... they had some at mine ... cough, cough **)

Wasn't there a $5 off coupon code for KB online zipping around this site someplace? If you can't find them instore, that'd just about cover shipping.

Val Da Car
04-10-2003, 03:47 PM
with the Tie Fighter...btw they have updated their site by recycling two pegwarmering figures for $4.99

online has a different stock that my stores near me....which means regionizing figures...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2003, 05:09 PM
Sweet, now I can get more Jedi starfighters!

plasticfetish
04-15-2003, 01:31 AM
Just an update on this sale ...

As most anyone who's been in KB has no doubt already discovered, this sale sucks. "Select" items does in fact mean ... just a handful of items ... and in this case it ends up being things that you either already have or don't really want. Jedi Starfighter, Zam's Speeder, Anakin's Speeder and all of the 3 3/4 inch figures (many of which seem to be parted out from those 4 packs that they had piled up a while ago.) I tried to pick up a 12" Clone and a 12" Dooku ... "Yeah, I know the sign's deceptive, but that's not on sale." I tried to pick up a Slave 1 ... "No, that's already marked down, it's not on sale also." Oh, but those lame Electronic Battling figures are marked down ... Yippie!!!

CrunchyNug
04-16-2003, 12:25 AM
I found one of those 4-packs full of Endor Soldiers. Those too are NOT included in the 50% off sale. I grabbed it anyway for my armies. Four Rebel Troopers for $10, not a bad deal...and yes they all had beards.

bobafrett
04-16-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
(** cough, cough ... they had some at mine ... cough, cough **)

Wasn't there a $5 off coupon code for KB online zipping around this site someplace? If you can't find them instore, that'd just about cover shipping.

Well, the KB store nearest to me had the 12" Clone trooper officers, but they weren't on sale. This is kind of garbage if you ask me. The sign in front of the store has all these regular prices listed including the $21.99 price they charge for the 12" figures. The sign also said that it included figures. I can't recall if it stated just certain figures were on sale. I mean, why have them marked down only online, and not at the retail locations. Or is this just at the store I go to? Anybody?

Tonysmo
04-16-2003, 01:15 AM
I asked the same question at my local Kaybee - I too was looking to buy into the two clone troopers... I asked the gal if the prices online could be carried over and before I finished the question she shot me down cold.. NOPE!! DOH!! so it isnt just your store - its all of them.. Bunch of savages in these towns I tell ya..

bobafrett
04-16-2003, 01:24 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if I would look suspicious walking into a KB with a large coat, with even larger pockets?

*Note: the author of this post, does not endorse the 5 finger discount as a way for building your collection*

plasticfetish
04-16-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
Or is this just at the store I go to? Anybody?
No ... that's pretty much the way it is.

I headed back in to ask about the 12" figures and got shot down. I asked them about the sign with all of the price markdowns and they told me that it was just a "generic sign that they used to help people figure out the sale prices." The sales person also admitted that it was a bit deceptive ... after I asked what kind of a fool needs a sign to help them figure out what half of $6 is.

Anyway ... as stated above ... it's a crummy sale.

seth_quinn
04-16-2003, 02:50 AM
*Note: even thought the author of this post does not subscribe to said method, he does endorse the five-finger discount as a way for building your own collection*

Jayspawn
04-16-2003, 11:55 AM
I don't think the sale is too bad. It would be nice if they had more recent figures. But I picked up a Republic Gunship for $25 and I was pretty excited about that. I also bought a few pegwarming figure for customizing.

Those 12" Electronic Jango and Obis are still a rip-off, even on sale price.

74Nova
04-16-2003, 04:28 PM
I noticed this is included in the 50% off sale. Has anyone picked one up? Was at KB & they had it priced at $17.99, but they were super busy so I was not able to find out if the $17.99 if final.

$9 would be a sweet deal, but I am thinking $17.99 is the marked down price.

waboritas
04-17-2003, 05:51 PM
One man's junk is the next guys treasure. This is the kind of sale I've been waiting for. I'm still living in 1981 and won't pay more than $3 for figures even it it means I don't get them all (and trust me, I've built up a nice large collection in the process). This KB sale I picked up a couple of clone trooper pilots, a destroyer droid, the Nitko Jedi I never bought because it was too expensive (to think people will shell out $7-8 a pop for these things when they first came out), I got Zam's and Anakin's speeders for $7.50 a pop, the Han & Chewie 25th Anniversary for $4.99 (yeah I know those have been marked down for an eterntity now, but I figured why not as Harrison is my favorite actor), and the Reek for $9.99. The deluxe figures were not on sale and I may return the Anakin/Genossian and that cat thing that made Padme look yummy in the arena battle when he whiplashed her back making her outfit risque. Grand total with tax $62. If I return the deluxe figures that were 11.99, my savings will be $34 based on original price verse savings. A year ago I got crap for waiting for the sales. I understand there are collectors that need one or two of everything, but this hobby can be done on the cheep. Some day I'll tell you about the field day I had in 2000 when I went to a conference at Hasbro and they gave us passes to the company store. All I can say is POTF2 figures for $1 each! Was in Heaven. People that were at the conference with me thought I was crazy when I grabbed a shopping cart! Would love to go back there!

plasticfetish
04-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by waboritas
One man's junk is the next guys treasure. This is the kind of sale I've been waiting for. I'm still living in 1981 and ...
Wow. If you're living in 1981 ... can I give you a list of things to look for at the store? Can you then call me at home and remind me not to loan my Star Wars stuff to my little brother, so that he wont destroy most of it. Also, try and talk me into going to law school instead of art school when I graduate.

(OK. Kidding.)

It sounds like you have at least some kind of a decent selection there waboritas. At my KB it's pretty much Zam, Zam and her little friend Zam. I would have loved to find Clone Pilots or Destroyer Droids. As for a lot of the stuff that's discounted (like the Reek), that stuff seems to be marked down permanently and has nothing to do with the "sale" ... but yeah you're right, a discount's a discount and hopefully there will be more to come.