PDA

View Full Version : Split Belly Tauntaun? YES!!!

mark2d2
04-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Another site is reporting that the Pack-in with new Hoth set is going to come with a split belly feature! Additionally, the R3 droid in the photos appears now to have a Retractable third leg . . .

Very good news all around I must say. And yes, there are packaging shots to prove this!

Fulit
04-10-2003, 05:58 PM
What new Hoth set? Refresh me.

mark2d2
04-10-2003, 06:01 PM
This is that Four Pack that there were just some loose photos of the other day. Hoth Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, R3 unit and the Tauntaun in question. I found this tidbit over at POTF2.com.

James Boba Fettfield
04-10-2003, 06:06 PM
Ha ha, that's cool. I wonder if it will have some squishy guts to go with it.

Jargo
04-10-2003, 06:24 PM
I realy hope this set does actually reach retail, I was moaning earlier in the year about how there no beasts for this year and this at least would help fill a gap in the line. Yeah squishy guts! that'd be really cool. White squishy rubber entrails. Be eveb cooler if they packed in some gloopy white goo too, really messy slimey stuff to gross parents out with. :D. So i guess they'll either use the same solution they did for the vintage one with separate rubber flanges for the belly or they'll make the whole body section from rubberised plastic and make the belly part thinner so it justs bends and stretches in or out and allows you to shove luke in there.
I loved my vintage tauntaun with open belly, kept sweeties in mine. :crazed:

Fulit
04-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
This is that Four Pack that there were just some loose photos of the other day. Hoth Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, R3 unit and the Tauntaun in question. I found this tidbit over at POTF2.com.

Um, another retard question, wheres the photos?

Beast
04-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Fulit, try here. There are attachments and links to the set later in the thread. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18733

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Amy
04-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Yeah it would be cool if he had guts inside lol.

LusiferSam
04-10-2003, 10:16 PM
I couldn't see jack in that picture. It looks like a broken POTF Tauntaun and some other POTF rejects.

Beast
04-10-2003, 10:25 PM
The POTF2 Tauntaun isn't broken, the tail has always been removable from it's body for packaging purposes. It also has a split belly feature, as is shown in the pictures linked to later in the thread.

As for being POTF2 rejects, only the Luke: Hoth from the Tauntaun would be. The Leia is the POTJ "Bespin Escape" figure, with a Hoth head and vest. The R3-A2 is a repainted R3-T7 from the POTJ "Preview Wave". And the Chewbacca is a Hoth Deco'd Saga Bespin Escape Chewie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
04-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Finally I will be able to get an open belly Taun-Taun. I always wanted one and now it seems possible.

bobafrett
04-10-2003, 11:33 PM
This will go well with the Han with Blue/Brown coat, he's free to slice the belly of the beast! I love it, hopefully it won't take the same route as the second wave of cantina sets.

Beast
04-11-2003, 02:34 AM
Here's a really nice close-up picture that POTF2 posted just a while ago, of the Tauntaun pictured on the back of the "Battle of Hoth" 4-pack. You can more clearly see the "Tauntaun with split-open belly!" label. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
04-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Cool, i can finally get a tauntaun now. I had two of the vintage ones because i thought it was a pretty cool looking animal. The only figure in that assortment that i dont want is Luke but i like the others, especially the repainted droid.

halcon orlus
04-11-2003, 10:34 AM
unfortunately, this probably means they won't be releasing a quality, well-scaled Hoth Leia in any other form. In other words, no entirely new figure sporting the correct Hoth boots.

I do like that they are finally making r3a2 though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2003, 06:14 PM
Cool! This set looks great, now that we know it wasn't a fake the first time around. I never got the Han and Tauntaun, so this, especially with a split-open belly, is great!!!!!!!!!! I can't get the other pics now, but it looks cool!

Sentinel18725
04-11-2003, 07:03 PM
It looks like they even used the right Taun Taun (no broken tusk). How about some kind of guts that were like kind of movable little hoses all crammed together (like the playmobile fire hoses that they used, or the GI Joe cords for weapons).....

LTBasker
04-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Or you could just stuff some white rice into the Tauntaun, it did have white/gray cylindrical guts. :D

Jargo
04-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Latex coated string should do the trick. Latex glue, coat the string and paint. Tauntaun guts to scale. Ball up some clingwrap and coat in latex glue, paint, Tauntaun guts and organs to scale. easy. :)

InsaneJediGirl
04-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Rice is a good idea.If I get hungry I can always eat Taun-Taun guts:D

I'm glad this set is coming out,although I will probably just buy it for the Taun-Taun and the droid.The Imperial one looks much better.

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-12-2003, 10:02 PM
I dunno about this one... I'll have to see if Hasbro can pull it off.

RussUAE
04-13-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I loved my vintage tauntaun with open belly, kept sweeties in mine.

Woooah, you kept sweeties in your vintage Tauntauns belly? That is weird! Did they not make it all sticky? Have you checked recently to see if you got them all out?

Jargo
04-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Hehe, no not sticky sweeties, MOJO's and fruit salad paper wrapped sweeties. They were never left in there long enough to go sticky. My tauntaun still survives to this day although his saddle buckle is split and at some point I thought it would be a good idea to add some snow to him so he got a splattering of white paint... :rolleyes: But he's still with me somewhere hereabouts. Hatch in his back still works and the belly flaps aren't perished so he's actually in really good condition considering the torture he's been through. I hope this new split belly guy gives me and my nephew just as much fun.

Adam
04-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Now this is a set I will buy. Love the Tauntaun!

evenflow
04-14-2003, 06:16 AM
Well, hopefully this actually egts released. I want a set.

seth_quinn
04-16-2003, 05:32 PM
my love of everything hoth will probably jinx this set. oh, it'll be released all right, just like the wave 2 cantina sets. only in asia or at online collector shops for triple what the regular retail price would have been. split belly - that would be sooo sweet.