PDA

View Full Version : Any other PS2'ers addicted to .hack????

Dar' Argol
04-11-2003, 01:09 AM
I got this game a few weeks ago and between that and Yu-Gi-Oh of PS2, I've been using my system big time:D. .hack is just a really great RPG!!! I am obsessed right now with finding all the "areas" I can right now, and getting a stinking Iron Grunty!!!:D. I can't wait till the second volume hits on May 5!! The only problem I have is that when its all said and done, I'll have spent $200 for the 4 part series . . . .. but man is it good!!!

Trip J
04-11-2003, 08:18 AM
I've seen this out, but haven't picked it up yet. What's it like?

Dar' Argol
04-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Trip J
I've seen this out, but haven't picked it up yet. What's it like?

Well, its like a Online game such as Ultima, but your not online. They were able to simulate that feeling . . . to a point. The game is an RPG, but its more then that.

Your best friend invites you to join the game "The World". Once you sign up, you meet him in "The World" and he takes you on a little learning experiance. During this level, you both incounter a monster not seen and he "Data Drains" your friends charater. After that your friend is not in school and you later learn he's in a coma. You think this is related to what happened in the game and your true adventure begins here. I'm not going to say much more because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. But the first volume is kinda short, about 15 hrs or so. But you can continue after you beat the final boss and anything you get or characters you build up will transfer over to the next volume, so there's not really any waste in playing more. Plus there is about 270,000 areas to explore. Now it is more of a trditional Dungeon crawl type RPG, but its well worth it:D

QLD
04-12-2003, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't mind giving this a try, but I still haven't even played my copies of Zelda: Windwaker, The Getaway, Metroid Prime, and Def Jam Vendetta yet....... :dead: