PDA

View Full Version : Who are the board "veterans"??

The Overlord Returns
04-11-2003, 12:23 PM
I'm thinking about all the folk who have been here for years and years...

I seem to always remember the likes of Jar jar Binks, the Xir, Jeditricks and the like being here from way back in the day ( back when I was Overlord of The Sith)...Jedi Clint was around then too.......

Who am I missing on that list?

Beast
04-11-2003, 12:34 PM
Well, these new forums went hot on 8/16/2001. So anyone that joined up around then and are still posting today, could be considered sort of "veterens". Of course myself and many of those other folks used to post on the original version of the forums. May they rest in peace. :dead: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
04-11-2003, 12:38 PM
I actually stopped coming in for a while just before that forum purge............crisis on infinite message boards indeed.

Beast
04-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Yeah, but I love the new software so much better. It's a shame we had to loose all that old info. But the new ones have been running for over a year and a half. And are pretty active. Infact I was a bit more of a lurker on the old ones, then my current crazed chatterbox incarnation. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

PoggleTheGreater
04-11-2003, 12:45 PM
I posted a little bit on the old forums. In those days, I was known as fastalbert, then f@$+albert, then fastalbert again.

The Overlord Returns
04-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Yeah I remember that name..........

Damn Jar Jar...I just took a good look at your post count.....you're uncatchable!!!!

sith_killer_99
04-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Ah yes, the old boards, I remember them like it was yesterday.:crazed:

The new software really is much better, I hit the old boards before they were purged forever and couldn't believe how...primative looking they were, compared to these.

Anyhow, I've been here since 1999, I found it right after EP1 hit theaters. I post much more frequently now than in the old days.

good shot jansen
04-11-2003, 01:28 PM
i've been here since december 22nd 1999. that was the day hasbro pulled the plug on the galoob buzz board. :(

jedi tricks, who had been a long time poster over at the galoob site (under a different handle), informed all there, that perhaps the ssg mm section could be a new home for the galoobies forced into the diaspora. been here ever since.

Lord Malakite
04-11-2003, 01:55 PM
I guess I could be considered a board veteren depending on how you look at it. Although I didn't sign up or make my first post until a month after the new boards were up, I had been visiting this site and reading both the new and old forums previously as a lurker since 1996 (when the site was black and neon purple).

The Overlord Returns
04-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Man...the place really was low rent back in the day.......

Lord Malakite
04-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah, it was. The purple hurt my eyes if I looked at it too long. :p

scruffziller
04-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Yea I was back here around the year 1999, i just wish I could have remembered my password I could have had all that post count on the old forums. I was known as MIKE3X, I believe or was it boba something???

Patient Zero
04-11-2003, 03:52 PM
I was coming to this site years ago. The funny thing is that I never realized there was a forum connected to it. This is the first one that I have ever become a member of.

DarthChuckMc
04-11-2003, 04:32 PM
I've been coming here since SSG had the "dancing" R2 on the main page. I miss him :(
I was on the "old" forums as ChuckMc72, but I never contributed much. I just sorta read and laughed like other folks did. I finally got brave enough to start posting when Sidiously Darth started the Orlando Collectors scene, and I've been on "board" ever since.

jeddah
04-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
i've been here since december 22nd 1999. that was the day hasbro pulled the plug on the galoob buzz board. :(

jedi tricks, who had been a long time poster over at the galoob site (under a different handle), informed all there, that perhaps the ssg mm section could be a new home for the galoobies forced into the diaspora. been here ever since.

Yeah, what he said ;), Jeditricks (can I tell em your old handle? I never quite understood where it came from JT) told us to git on over to SSG as fugees from Galoobville. I must admit I prefer it here even though we had some good times on the BBS, there were some reallllly annoying people. Some Vulcan-something ? ;) :p and the Friend of-something? :D but this place is much more user friendly, has less ISE and one of the things of GalooBBS was that if you sometimes clicked back to edit your post, you could lose your entire musings.:crazed:

jeddah

Bel-Cam Jos
04-11-2003, 07:25 PM
I joined SSG in May of 1999, but I can't recall if it was pre- or post-TPM. I have been...
Bel-Cam Jos
BEL-CAM JOS
BEL-CAM JOS.
Bel-Cam Jos Jr.
Bel-Cam Jos III
and now back to just regular Bel-Cam Jos

That was back with the problems with passwords, in the ISE Age, and "Not Without My Jar-Jar" (never really found that one all that funny). I was #3 in post count in the days of the Eternal Padawans, but that was cheating, because if you joined after a certain date, your post count (remember when they used to be visible? and there were some angry fights over them?) stayed at nil.

Sigh... nostalgia... :happy:

Jargo
04-11-2003, 08:00 PM
I can't remember when I first stumbled in here as humble Jargo but I know I haven't left yet. Did someone lock the doors? I was reading a lot of stuff before I fell through and blurted out my first shouty message. I remember that much at least. I was going to go and check in the derelict old place, but that of course has been bulldozed away..... :( I was Grand moff for a short time and it was good, very good.
Perhaps it was 2000 when I entered the hallowed halls of this establishment. So many posts, so little memory of what's been said and gone before. So many usernames gone forever and now I have no idea who I'm talking to half the time, do I know them or are they just some whippersnapper larking around or goofing off as you in the new world would have it. I must say though, it's been a terribly thrilling ride so far.... :)

LTBasker
04-11-2003, 08:12 PM
I joined just a little before the board went to this new software for it because I had found the MM board, not sure when I exactly joined though. Dunno if I could really be considered a vetern but eh, oh well. :cool:

jedicrippler
04-11-2003, 08:13 PM
Heh, I still pop in every so often. Don't post much here any more though. In the old days (before the initial crash) I was Jedi1138. Since then, I've been who I am now.

As a true test of age, who remembers the eternal conflict - Darth Moore v. Captain Panaka?

Old Fossil
04-11-2003, 10:29 PM
I first visited SSG back in the Frost of '97. Didn't sign on to the forums until '98, I think -- I was 'oldfossil.' Then a year or two ago, my brother "cleaned up" my hard drive for me, and I found I could no longer post on SSG as 'oldfossil.' Hence my new name.

I've joined other Internet forums/message boards over the years, but SSG remains my favorite. Very nice folks here.

EricRG
04-11-2003, 10:37 PM
I started visiting the site back in 1996, and I think I started posting in 1997, mostly to trade stuff.

The 'Xir
04-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Like Jargo, I can't remember a thing! But, that bunny has been chewing on the wrong grass for awhile now, I think I've just sucked a few too many back after a long hard day of Bounty Hunting! Either way, I'm pretty sure I was here long before TPM was released, 'cause I remember all the anticipation for the new movie! Wasn't there a counter or counter thread leading up to it's release? I may have been here as early as '96 but for some reason '97 seems to sound more familliar to me! Of those that have been mentioned or have posted in this thread Sirsteve(obviously) JT, Bel-Cam Jos, Notafinga, Overlord (Returns)of the Sith, and Jedi Clint stickout the most! I don't know why but I don't remember JJ(sorry man). When I started comming back more often, I remember thinking he was brand new, go figure! It's amazing what alcohol will do to brain cells!
I remember all the problems with the site,during that whole time when it seemed like everytime you logged on there was a new format, and that's part of the reason I was gone for so long! When they changed over to Action's(is it?) server, my log-in info got all f'ed up and I couldn't sign on for like 2months! Then my roomate moved out and got married so I didn't have my own computer until like 6months later so I could only post at friends houses, or the mall, or the library when I felt like stopping and taking the time to do it, or had the time is more llike it! Originally I remeber I didn't work that much back then, so I posted everyday and I was a regular ole' chatterbox. But as I have said before, I just get bored to quickly now with the same old conversations, so I hang to keep up with general convo and see what y'all are up to! I will admit the occasional urge to start up an argument with JT though, we haven't done that in awhile! However it will just end up with neither of our minds changed and our points that much more steadfast!!! Isn't it great to run as fast as you can to get absolutely nowhere, thinking you actually have accomplished something worthwhile! ;) :D Peace to all the Old schoolers'! Good to see your all still around! EpIII!!! EpIII!!! EpIII!!! EpIII!!! EpIII!!!
Maybe we should start another counter thread now, it might make the time go by faster! Either that or it will feel like an eternity brefore 2005 ever rolls around! Oy vey!

stillakid
04-12-2003, 12:07 AM
I've been around a while, though I'm sure a lot of people would just as soon I wasn't.:sur:

;)

Fandom takes many forms, and my particular passion happens to do with screenwriting and the fundamentals of story, which is why I'm so stubborn about just letting some things go.

But I think that ultimately, it's the toys that keep me interested. There's something I can't define about collecting these little things that keeps me feeling young and keeps me interested in the saga even though the actual recent films have fallen short of my expectations. It's a weird dichotomy, I know, but life can be funny that way. Not everything makes sense 100% of the time. What can I say. :rolleyes:

But having the opportunity to keep abreast of toy releases and hearing the opinions of others regarding the films themselves keeps bringing me back day after day after day. I dare say it's an addictive habit that is difficult to kick. I look forward to hearing more about Episode III as production continues and of course eagerly await cracking open my next purchases of action figures. :)

The 'Xir
04-12-2003, 12:27 AM
stillawho? JK buddy! :D

JediTricks
04-12-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by jeddah
(can I tell em your old handle? I never quite understood where it came from JT) Sure, my old handle came from Babylon 5. :)

It's cool to see a few folks who have been on the SSG forums longer than me are still here. I occasionally read the old old old forums, but didn't join up until they were the old old UBB forums in '99 when I became a reporter for the site.

Xir, SSG had a counter for the midnight madness and then the movie, it was java-based so I never paid much attention to it. :D

Twodot, I can't believe you lost that "oldfossil" username, that was always one of my favorites.

It's strange posting on this thread, right now I've been going through the longest dry spell I've had since the '95 figures, I've not found a new SW figure in 4 and a half months so I feel a bit like an outsider.

dr_evazan22
04-12-2003, 01:13 AM
I started reading the news about toys on the site in late '98 or early '99- before TPM. I heard about the site from ToyFare mag, they ahd all those cool covers.

I ended up registering b/c there was some kind of contest. You had to sign up for some kind of SSG email or something. Didn't win, never used the email.

In late '01 I only had a part time job, so had a bunch of free time. I started checking out these forums and TFN's... I liked these so much better.

stillakid
04-12-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
It's strange posting on this thread, right now I've been going through the longest dry spell I've had since the '95 figures, I've not found a new SW figure in 4 and a half months so I feel a bit like an outsider.

Yeah, even with being a member of the KEBco One of Every Figure Club, the interval between deliveries is getting larger and larger. I fear that this is an indication of the imminent post-Episode III era despite the extension of the license. Only time will tell.

stillakid
04-12-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by The 'Xir
stillawho? JK buddy! :D

;) Good idea for a thread: Who has put Stillakid on their "ignore list"? :sur:

Then again, maybe I really don't want to know that. :dead:

darthvyn
04-12-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
;) Good idea for a thread: Who has put Stillakid on their "ignore list"? :sur:

Then again, maybe I really don't want to know that. :dead:

yeah, but if you start the thread, you'll never know, cuz all the people that have won't know it was there! :crazed:

actually, what happens if a thread is created by a person you have on ignore? :confused:

stillakid
04-12-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by darthvyn
yeah, but if you start the thread, you'll never know, cuz all the people that have won't know it was there! :crazed:
;) Funny, as soon as I clicked on "submit," that thought did cross my mind.

actually, what happens if a thread is created by a person you have on ignore? :confused:
I think that if I did start such a thread, it would create a disruption in the space time continuum and a vortex would appear over my computer. :crazed:

2-1B
04-12-2003, 03:52 AM

Try it ! :D

Ignore doesn't block all record of an ignored person's posts, it just hides the actual text. There will still be a little box with the person's name on it. :)

So, if I had stillakid on ignore, it would look like this:

darthynlahblahblahbla hblahblblahblahbblblahblahbl ahblahahblahblahblahlahblahblahblahblahblahahblabl ahblahblbblahblahblahblahlahblblahblahblahblahahbl ahblahahblahhblahblahblblahblahblahblahahblahblbla hblahblblahblahblahblahahblahahblahbblahblahblahbl blahblahblahblahahlahblahblahblahblahblablablablah bblahblahblahblahlahblahblahhblahblahblahhblahblah blahhblahblahblahblahblah

Caesar sure, whatever Vyn. :rolleyes:

stillakid this person is on your ignore list, click here to view post

Lando In My Pants Hey, what happened to my username? I used to be a veteran.

Caesar sure, whatever LIMP. :rolleyes:

stillakid
04-12-2003, 10:45 AM
But if (or when :sur: ) you did have me on your ignore list, when you clicked this...

Originally posted by Caesar
stillakid this person is on your ignore list, click here to view post

...you would most likely still read it like this:

blahblahbla hblahblblahblahbblblahblahbl ahblahahblahblahblahlahblahblahblahblahblahahblabl ahblahblbblahblahblahblahlahblblahblahblahblahahbl ahblahahblahhblahblahblblahblahblahblahahblahblbla hblahblblahblahblahblahahblahahblahbblahblahblahbl blahblahblahblahahlahblahblahblahblahblablablablah bblahblahblahblahlahblahblahhblahblahblahhblahblah blahhblahblahblahblahblah

;)

Bel-Cam Jos
04-12-2003, 11:18 AM
It's cool to see a few folks who have been on the SSG forums longer than me are still here. I occasionally read the old old old forums, but didn't join up until they were the old old UBB forums in '99 when I became a reporter for the site.

The old, old Old Forums, JT? Or just the old Old Forums? I lost my link to that (seems like my computer gets a memory wipe every so often... :( ) a while back, and it's no longer on the main page (unless I'm missing it); you still got it, JT? If you do, I'd be in your debt (again). I can pay you 2K now, plus 15K when I reach adulthood. ;)
I have picked up a few Deluxe figs that're collecting... dust on the shelves. Last regular carded figure I got was Teemto Pagalilaaneetageetusiumisk :p about 2 months ago.

darthvyn
04-12-2003, 11:34 AM
darthynlahblahblahbla hblahblblahblahbblblahblahbl ahblahahblahblahblahlahblahblahblahblahblahahblabl ahblahblbblahblahblahblahlahblblahblahblahblahahbl ahblahahblahhblahblahblblahblahblahblahahblahblbla hblahblblahblahblahblahahblahahblahbblahblahblahbl blahblahblahblahahlahblahblahblahblahblablablablah bblahblahblahblahlahblahblahhblahblahblahhblahblah blahhblahblahblahblahblah

Caesar sure, whatever Vyn. :rolleyes:

yeah that about sums it up... :crazed:

i had no idea that was how the ingnore feature worked - i've never used it.

anyway, getting back to the topic, i guess, i'm nowheres near a veteran - february second was my one year anniversary with this name...

however, i am incredibly sure that in some older version of the forums i had signed up as Darth Mall, just posted once or twice and then decided it wasn't for me. when i came back here, i tried to log on as that screen name, but it said it didn't exist, or i had the wrong password, or something, so i registered with this new name...

derek
04-12-2003, 02:29 PM
i've been posting at SSG since early 2000, whenever the sega dreamcast went "online".:) (but i'm easily forgotten!):D...........what "expendiable mean rambo?
"it's like when you're invited to a party, but don't go, and no one notices".....................:crazed:

caesar,

were you "anthony s-------r" on the old fourms?:cool:

Capitan_Moroni
04-12-2003, 04:23 PM
KU-HA! I remember my password! :D

I was around in the old forums as The Collector, I was a jedi council member too. But when the switch was made to the new forums I quit posting for the most part, and over time The Collector became no more....... Then I got this account.......and eventually forgot this ones password too, but alas, I found it! KU-HA!

r2dee2
04-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Although you can't tell it by the number of posts, I've been registered since 1998. I was always sending in bits of news to the OLD SSG (http://web.archive.org/web/19970413013031/http:/jedinet.com/) usually to Thrawn, who was always gracious to post news of a new toothbrush I found or some other silly thing and didn't tend to post in the forums that much:D

I was more of a lurker....and was r2dee2 even back then. I became more active when I found the wonderful micromachine group and all the GREAT knowledgable guys that posted there......JT, GSJ, Vulcantouch, SWAFMAN, jeddah, britcit3, haggie, Glitch, S43 and more recently sicqnus. Thanks guys for making it a great place!:D :kiss:

QLD
04-12-2003, 07:25 PM
I showed up around 1999. I was known as Obi-Wan Jabroni for quite some time.

Then, a problem with the forums deleted my username, so I had to re-register, which is when I became QLD.....

Then some moron gets all high and mighty about my name, and I had to change it again, and here I am. At least I got to keep my post count this time.

:rolleyes:

JT, what was your original username? You know I love Babylon 5. :)

notafinga
04-12-2003, 10:24 PM
I had reached the peak of my power when the old forums were swept away...

now there is no known record of my legendary status...it has sadly been buried in the anals of time and slid into a bookshelf occupying a distant memory.

I am content to live a humble existence as a moisture farmer now, combing these forum walls like a forgotten begger with mud-stained teeth.

...Hi, remember me?

Didn't think so...

:zzz:

:D :D

Thanks for mentioning my username, 'Xir, you were the first one to greet me to the forums a few years back.:)

It's good to see you're still around. You seem to have taken a similar route as me in the undulating frequency of visits.

And someday... Someday i'll have a cool custom avatar...you'll see...:evil: :evil: :evil:

Jargo
04-12-2003, 10:29 PM
I remember you general notafinga, years ago you fought in the icon wars....

stillakid
04-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
I showed up around 1999. I was known as Obi-Wan Jabroni for quite some time.

Then, a problem with the forums deleted my username, so I had to re-register, which is when I became QLD.....

Then some moron gets all high and mighty about my name, and I had to change it again, and here I am. At least I got to keep my post count this time.

http://www.makingtime.co.uk/spinaltap.html
Spinal Tap have left an enduring legacy as one of England's loudest bands. While they certainly enjoyed a long career than many, their latter years were spent "milking it" in Europe. Tap was formed in London in the early sixties by childhood friends St Hubbins and Tuffnel. They started trying to write their own songs, an early effort All The Way Home was highlighted in This is Spinal Tap. As The Originals they started to ply their trade but were forced to adopt a new name, The New Originals, as there was already a band called the Originals in the East End. Although The Originals later changed their name, Tuffnel and St Hubbins decided not to revert to The Originals. At this point they became The Thamesmen, recruiting drummer John "Stumpy" Pepys and bass player Ronnie Pudding. The Thamesmen had a couple of minor singles in Gimme Some Money and Cups and Cakes. A rare piece of footage of The Thamesmen playing Gimme Some Money on the TV show Pop Look Listen still exists. This was recorded when the band was riding low in the charts. However, around this time, Pepys died in a bizarre gardening accident and was replaced by Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs. (Note that some sources place Pepys' death as 1969 but Childs is clearly playing on surviving footage from the US Jamboree programme when Tap was promoting Flower Children.

By this time, Ronnie Pudding had been replaced by Derek Smalls and Dennie Upham joined on keyboards. This line-up became the now legendary Spinal Tap. A 1967 single Spinal Tap sings "Listen to the Flower People" and other favourites was a major UK hit. The band toured the world and elsewhere but failed to capitalise on this success with the first album We are the Flower People. Ross Maclochness replaced Upham for the following album Matchstick Men and the live LP Silent But Deadly. This line-up released a number of unconvincing albums during the 1970s before Childs choked to death on vomit and was replaced by Peter James Bond. A few minor releases followed and, while they remained popular, their audience was becoming more selective. In 1982 the band was famously caught by the film cameras of Martin DiBergi with the film later released as This is Spinal Tap. The band had a surprise hit in Japan and toured with Joe "Mama" Bessemer on drums replacing the combusted Mick Shrimpton. Various reunions have taken place over the years although Viv Savage and manager Ian Faith have passed away. The core of Tuffnel, St Hubbins and Smalls have milked it where they can but are currently residing in the "where are they now?" file.

;)

QLD
04-13-2003, 01:24 AM
Actually, if you prefer, I can just shoot you now......

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2003, 01:26 AM
lol The boards just weren't the same without ya, QLD. I'll bring the snacks and beverages for this event if you want. RSVP everbody!! :D

QLD
04-13-2003, 01:28 AM
Tell everyone there will be punch and pie!

darthvyn
04-13-2003, 01:48 AM
Tell everyone there will be punch and pie! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pie...

but punch? can it be karate chops intstead?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm karate chops and pie...

sith_killer_99
04-13-2003, 07:38 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm punch and pie.

I love punch and pie.

EricRG
04-13-2003, 04:51 PM
KEY LIME PIE!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-13-2003, 07:11 PM
I came to SSG before Episode I came out, I got a link from somewhere else, and looked at the new toys. I don't remember when I came to the forums, but it was after TPM came out. The Mr. in my name was nonexistent then, but I added it when I came back on. I posted quite a few times on the old ones, but kind of stopped fo a while when the new ones came to be. (I don't know why.) Then, well, here I am.

notafinga
04-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I remember you general notafinga, years ago you fought in the icon wars....

Jargo...that name...no longer has any meaning for me.

JediTricks
04-13-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Yeah, even with being a member of the KEBco One of Every Figure Club, the interval between deliveries is getting larger and larger. I fear that this is an indication of the imminent post-Episode III era despite the extension of the license. Only time will tell. I get a little of that same feeling, which is unfortunately enhanced by Hasbro losing the Batman license. When they knew it was coming, Hasbro unleashed a bazillion TRU 4packs upon the universe as well as rehashing some of the cooler vehicles upon TRU and KB.

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
The old, old Old Forums, JT? Or just the old Old Forums? I lost my link to that (seems like my computer gets a memory wipe every so often... :( ) a while back, and it's no longer on the main page (unless I'm missing it); you still got it, JT? If you do, I'd be in your debt (again). The "old old old" forums are the Tomart ones IIRC, and I think I posted once there under a different username but didn't dig the old-school threaded view (I'm that lazy ;)). Then there are the "old old" forums that were UBB systems, they are the original kings of the ISE - they were the systems SSG was using when Ep 1 came out. Then there are the "old" forums, the homegrown systems we were using with the tiny avatars that was the forums before these -- unfortunately, someone took them totally offline without telling us, so I don't have a link to them anymore. :(

The last single carded figure I found was on 12/15/02 - Clone Pilot; also the same day I found the last deluxe figure I've bought - Clone w/ Speederbike. After that, 1/13/03 was the 2 trash compactor sets and 1/30/03 was the Rep Gunship 50% off.

JT, what was your original username? You know I love Babylon 5. :) On the Galoob Buzz Board, as well as a few B5 places, "Random Ranger". But like Vader said, "That name no longer has any meaning for me... YIPPEE!!!" :D

notafinga
04-13-2003, 10:42 PM
But like Vader said, "That name no longer has any meaning for me... YIPPEE!!!" :D

...or much like lord notafinga said in the post just prior to this... :crazed:

...well, minus the "YIPPEE!!!"...
is that from the nifty edition, JT?:)

JediTricks
04-14-2003, 12:00 AM
These things happen. ;) Yes, the "yippee" is an NE addition - you wouldn't believe how much Lucas had to pay James Earl Jones to record that! :D

Emperor Howdy
04-16-2003, 04:10 AM
I guess I'd call myself a veteran. I've been here since the black and purple days, maybe 97 or 98. I've gone by Slayer3940 (permanently banned by JT), Slatanic (permanently banned by JT), Captain Howdy (permanently banned by JT), Captain Howdy II (server flubbery lost name), and Emperor Howdy. Hey, I've paid my dues! :P

The Overlord Returns
04-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Captain Howdy? Do you hang out on the dc message boards as well Howdy?

stillakid
04-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
I guess I'd call myself a veteran. I've been here since the black and purple days, maybe 97 or 98. I've gone by Slayer3940 (permanently banned by JT), Slatanic (permanently banned by JT), Captain Howdy (permanently banned by JT), Captain Howdy II (server flubbery lost name), and Emperor Howdy. Hey, I've paid my dues! :P

Raising Arizona
Parole Board Member #1: They've got a name for people like you H.I. That name is called "recidivism."
Parole Board Member #2: Repeat offender!
Parole Board Member #1: Not a pretty name, is it H.I.?
H.I. McDunnough: No sir. That's one bonehead name, but that ain't me anymore.
Parole Board Member #1: You're not just telling us what we want to hear?
H.I. McDunnough: No sir, no way.
Parole Board Member #2: 'Cause we just want to hear the truth.
H.I. McDunnough: Well, then I guess I am telling you what you want to hear.
Parole Board Member #1: Boy, didn't we just tell you not to do that?
H.I. McDunnough: Yes, sir.
Parole Board Member #1: Okay, then.

;)

sith_killer_99
04-16-2003, 12:20 PM
Say hello.....to Captain Howdy....

JEDIpartner
04-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
I'm thinking about all the folk who have been here for years and years... Who am I missing on that list?

I started posting about a month before the purge on Elvis Day, 2001... does that make me a veteran?? :p

The 'Xir
04-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Howdy- LOL, I forgot you were slayer!!! That was funny watching the abuse you use to dish out, and then watch your but get thrown out! :D

~Howdy, you've grown up! But Master JT manages not to notice!~

jedicrippler
04-17-2003, 04:06 AM
Then there are the "old old" forums that were UBB systems, they are the original kings of the ISE - they were the systems SSG was using when Ep 1 came out.

Ah memories. I know there was one particular thread that finally put a bullet in that ol' hoss' head, but I can't remember what it was. People were getting 10, 15, 20 ISEs in a row & then there'd be that many copies of the post they were attempting to submit. The whole thing finally toppled the system & *poof* the entire thing went bye-bye before anyone knew what happened. And that led to the birth of the original CSW/BHC which merged with RS & has now re-split in GH/BHC.

ISE, how I sooooooo don't miss you.:crazed:

JEDIpartner
04-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Primitive programming is da shiz-nit...! :happy:

Lobito
04-17-2003, 02:45 PM
I was here along time ago also, but i never realized there were any forums until the 2nd generation of forums arrived...i just checked the pictures and thats it. But since the new forums arrived i was there, i have been absent for a while now, (work work work) but i'm still here!!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-17-2003, 03:20 PM
**in best old fart voice**

I remember way back when the name limit was more than 20 characters. When one of these whippersnapper SSG guys changed everything around I lost the 'e' from my name.

Well, I'm here to say I want my e back! You can take away a man's false teeth and hide his depends, but never ever steal his e! ;)

JEDIpartner
04-17-2003, 04:32 PM
It was a silent "e" anyhow... no REAL loss. You and I are part of the missing "e" tribe here at Sir Steve's Guide! :D

Jedi Clint
04-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
I'm thinking about all the folk who have been here for years and years...

I seem to always remember the likes of Jar jar Binks, the Xir, Jeditricks and the like being here from way back in the day ( back when I was Overlord of The Sith)...Jedi Clint was around then too.......

Who am I missing on that list?

Ya gave me a pretty warm welcome way back then OOTS ;). I'm glad we moved past that and spent a good deal of time discussing various issues with one another since then. I'm also glad that you and Xir decided to return after your individual absences.

Old Fossil
04-17-2003, 10:50 PM
Just a fool's paradise, stillakid.:stupid:

stillakid
04-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
Just a fool's paradise, stillakid.:stupid: :confused:

notafinga
04-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Just a fool's paradise, stillakid.:stupid:

I'm a bit confused myself...

Old Fossil
04-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Dang, I forget that not everyone's with me way out in left field.

"You 'n me's just a fool's paradise." (Ed to H.I., "Raising Arizona")

PoggleTheGreater
04-18-2003, 04:49 AM
Okay, then.

stillakid
04-18-2003, 10:36 AM

:D

Dar' Argol
04-18-2003, 06:45 PM

Man, I'm really hope someone caught that, b/c if it hits me in the head as it flies past, I might get a bit upset.:crazed:

I remember when I came to the site the first time in 1998. I never even knew there was a forum. Of course I was also a newbie to the internet, so I would not have even known what the heck a "Forum" was anyways:rolleyes:. Back a little over a year ago I say the word "Forum" and entered, and been here since. I really enjoyed reading the posts. Expecially from Jargo:D, JJB the Super Computer of All Useless Knowledge;), El Chuxter - always a little off base to me but I like it:D, and many more that I cannot even remember reading the first time. They all mede me feel welcome and now you guys can't get rid of me!!!!

MMMMuuuuuuuuHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Just wish I could have found this place sooner though:(

:crazed:

LusiferSam
04-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Well I'm in the same boat as Dar' Argol. I started coming here late '97 and it never crossed my mind to enter the forums til about the summer of '00. I lurked around for about a year and a half before joining.

DarthBrandon
04-20-2003, 11:58 PM
Don't really know the answer to that, seems to me a lot of us have been around for like forever. I've been coming to this site for years (96 or 97) and I only joined the forums in November of 2001. :D

(Hey Lobito what's Up? Long time no see, I here you on the work,work,work thing.):D

The 'Xir
04-22-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Ya gave me a pretty warm welcome way back then OOTS ;). I'm glad we moved past that and spent a good deal of time discussing various issues with one another since then. I'm also glad that you and Xir decided to return after your individual absences.

Return to Sender! Although I've been back for a little while now, I'm glad I've been able to stick around this time! Good to hear from ya JC! What's up man?!!! :cool:

Jedi Clint
04-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Up? My desire for some E3 spoilage is WAY up :) IMO, some of the best discussions yourself, OOTS, and I have participated in were sparked by even the slightest spoilers and rumors prior to AOTC. I'd like to read through those discussions again, but the old forums were purged. The level of imagination we (meaning all of those that participated but including the aforementioned individuals) used to explore the possibilities with was, at times, intoxicating.

The Overlord Returns
04-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Up? My desire for some E3 spoilage is WAY up :) IMO, some of the best discussions yourself, OOTS, and I have participated in were sparked by even the slightest spoilers and rumors prior to AOTC. I'd like to read through those discussions again, but the old forums were purged. The level of imagination we (meaning all of those that participated but including the aforementioned individuals) used to explore the possibilities with was, at times, intoxicating.

Agreed...those old discussions were both imaginative and invigorating. It's good to be back....and thanks for the kind words in your last post JC.

Jara24
04-29-2003, 06:20 AM
I first became a member back in 1997 when I was 19. I posted a lot back then, but now am really just a lurker. I've been to other Star Wars message boards, but always come back here . :D