PDA

View Full Version : DVD Wishlist/What do you want on dvd (merged)

Sentinel18725
04-11-2003, 02:54 PM
What is your wish list for DVD release?

Obviously the Indiana Jones and Star Wars movies.....

I also want to see the wonderful movies of Charleton Heston released ....Omega Man, Soylent Green

Roger Waters "Live from the Berlin Wall"
Johnny Got His Gun (remember the 1981 movie with Donald Sutherland as Jesus, it was used in the Metalica video for "One")
better Backdraft (with the optional footage from the TV version)
Ed series on DVD
Quantum Leap (This might be out already)
MORE MASH!!!!

James Boba Fettfield
04-11-2003, 03:17 PM
I'll just copy this list from another forum I posted it on:

All of the Metallica music videos on DVD, with the 2 of One video included in full since my VHS copy needs replaced
Behind The Music: Metallica. If Megadeth's BTM got put on dvd, then Metallica's should, too.
They Live, it needs to be brought back to Region 1
The Critic in Series Box Sets, I mean, come on, it's Jon Lovitz!
Batman:TAS in Box Sets, Enough testing the waters WB, give us what we(I) want!
Batman Beyond in Box Sets, I'm not sure how many episodes there were, but I think two box sets will work.
Tales From The Crypt The Series Box Sets
The Tales From The Crypts movies need to be brought back from OOP, too!

That's all I can wish for right now.

Beast
04-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Omega Man was coming at one point, and then got hit with a delay. It's currently TBD with a release date. Quantum Leap is coming this year, sometime. And more Mash is on the way. As for my wishlist, let's go to the list. :)

1. Song of the South (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0038969) - Uncle Remus draws upon his tales of Brer Rabbit to help little Johnny deal his confusion over his parents' separation as well as his new life on the plantation. The tales: The Briar Patch, The Tar Baby and Brer Rabbit's Laughing place.

I'm disgusted how the Disney Corporation acts like this movie doesn't even exist, due to the so-called racial sterotypes in the film. Yet their Splash Mountain ride, uses the charecters and the storyline. I think a Disney Treasures release, with special features explaining that the movie was a product of a different time and isn't how Disney feels would be a good idea. I've seen the suggestion of having James Earl Jones as a special guest host for the disc, and I think thats a good idea. Frankly the movie isn't as racist as it seems to be painted by people that have never seen it.

2. Twilight Zone: The Movie (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0086491) - Four segments in the spirit of the original TV series 'The Twilight Zone': a Redneck who lost his promotion to a Jewish colleague makes some racist remarks, only to find himself in the shoes of those he condemned; old people at a geriatric institute re-live their childhood games, and more...; a young teacher on the road befriends a boy whose home is every child's dream... or nightmare? And a nerve-wracked passenger aboard a plane in a storm thinks he knows the cause of the plane's engine problems. There is also a scary and humorous prologue, which neatly ties in to the end of the film.

A great Special Edition is sorely needed for this film. With a tribute documentary to the first segment, about Vic Morrow and the two kids that died in the tragic helicopter accident during filming. Add in Audio Commentary and a Making of Special or two. They could include the original intended storyline for the First Segment in a still gallary as well.

3. Return of the Living Dead part II (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0095990) - In this first sequel to The Return of the Living Dead, a group of kids discover one of the drums containing a rotting corpse and release the 2-4-5 Trioxen gas into the air, causing the dead to once again rise from the grave and seek out brains.

A nice special edition like the recent Return of the Living Dead DVD from MGM would be great. Audio Commentary and a few making of featurettes is all I ask for. :)

4. Young Sherlock Holmes (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0090357) - Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson meet as boys in an English Boarding school. Holmes is known for his deductive ability even as a youth, amazing his classmates with his abilities. When they discover a plot to murder a series of British business men by an Egyptian cult, they move to stop it.

Another movie that sorely needs a Special Edition DVD release. Audio Commentary, Making of Featurettes, and a feature on the CGI stain gladd Knight would be great to see. Especially since they talk aboutthe stain glass knight being one of the first cases of true photo-realistic CGI in films.

5. Dragonslayer (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0082288) - A King has made a pact with a dragon where he sacrfices virgins to it, and the dragon leaves his kingdom alone. An old wizard, and his keen young apprentice volunteer to kill the dragon and attempt to save the next virgin in line - the Kings own daughter.

Another excellent movie that is long due for a DVD Special Edition. With the increased intrest in Fantasy thanks to Lord of the Rings, now is a great time to get this out. Again, Audio Commentary, Making of Featurettes, and Special Effects Features would be great. Rumored to be on the way, later this year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
04-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Family Guy: Season 3
Futurama: Seasons 3-5
Malcolm In The Middle: Season 1-4
Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi
That Peter Kay Thing
The Simpsons: Seasons 3-14

evenflow
04-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Married with Children Seasons
Three's Company Seasons
Animal House (damn OOP)
Guns N' Roses videos & live stuff
Pink FLoyd - Pulse

obvioslu Indy and Star Wars

James Boba Fettfield
04-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey evenflow, it looks like you'll be getting some of your wishes fulfilled!

Speaking of things that go bump in the night, Warner Home Video will release a bundle of horror greats on August 5th: the original masterpiece The Haunting, Vincent Price in House of Wax (not in 3-D), the killer rat-fest Of Unknown Origin, Charlton Heston in the oft-delayed The Omega Man, the movie that absolutely terrorized me as a child, Soylent Green, a new 50th anniversary edition of the Howard Hawks classic The Thing, and Audrey Hepburn in Wait Until Dark. And for you John Carpenter fans, at long last comes the last of the director's oeuvre not yet released on DVD, Memoirs of an Invisible Man, which streets on August 17th. Retail is $19.95 each, and watch this space for further details.
DVD File (http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-video/archive/2003/04_13.html)

PoggleTheGreater
04-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Song of the South
all of The Simpsons
The Wonder Years complete series

Arrogant Arse
04-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Battlestar Galactica. I know it was rather cheesy, but I thought it was great.

Beast
04-16-2003, 01:24 PM
Battlestar Galactica is supposed to be coming sometime this year. It was among the group of DVD's that were announced by Universal. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
06-04-2003, 01:00 AM
I dont know about the reast of you, but there a TON of movies and some TV shows that are not getting put out on DVD fast enough. Here's what I want to see....

The Wonder Years (the complete tv series)

Universal's Classic Monster movies made available again. Which includes, Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolfman, The Mummy, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Phantom of the Opera, The Invisible Man, House of Frankenstein, House of Dracula, Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman, Dracula's Daughter, Return of the Creature...etc.

Schindler's List (an ultimate Collector's Edition)

Let It Be (complete version)

Batman (the complete original tv series)

The Simpsons Series 3, 4, 5....(whats the hold up Fox???)

Star Trek 5 & 6

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Extended Edition (I know it's coming but I want it now)

The Shining (Nicholson version)

Ok, anybody else? What do you want?

Beast
06-04-2003, 01:20 AM
A bit of insight in what you want:

Wonder Years, no chance at the moment. The music rights for the show have already made it declared impossible to release. Sorry to say. Unless things change, this one may be lost to time for a while.

Schindler's List is coming. Speilburg has been working on it, and rumors suggest it will be out next year. 2-Disc set atleast, likely with alot of the footage that was cut on the second disc.

Batman the TV series, is hitting a brick wall on rights. The character is owned by WB. But the old TV show is owned by Fox. They hammered enough of an agreement out to get the movie out. But are having no luck with getting an agreement on the series worked out.

Simpsons: Season Sets, don't blame fox on this one. The delay is Groening and the Production company. They are taking forever to get the necissary materials together. So now it's currently scheduled for a release every 6 months.

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (Special Edition) is done, just has no release date. Shatner and Nimoy did a commentary, but Paramount wouldn't pony up the dough for Shatty to try to repair the trainwreck of a film. Six is supposedly under production as well.

The Shining is out now, and isn't going to get any better. Stanley "I hate widescreen" Kubrick stated that his movies will never be released in widescreen outside the theater. Also don't expect anything as far as extras. He was not a fan of those, either.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-04-2003, 01:48 AM
The Compleat Al - Weird Al's semi-true life story as parody of "The Compleat Beatles". Lots of fun, nobody to distribute.

BTW, I think ST5 and 6 are both on non-special-edition DVDs already from way back in the day.

Beast
06-04-2003, 02:18 AM
Yes, they are. But I assumed he was talking about the Special Edition releases. There should have been word on ST5 by now, since ST4 came out a while ago. The real shame is that they plan to double dip Nemesis once they get around to it in the line-up. In thus case they should have just gave it the full 2-Disc treatment from the beginning and designed the packaging to fit with ST1-ST9. Shame enough that the cover art for ST1 is gold, and the rest is silver. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
06-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Yes, I'm talking about the Director's Editions of Star Trek 5 & 6. I've seen and watched the regular 5 & 6 on DVD and they're just not worth it. They're too expensive and have no extra features other than scene selection. Yes it's too bad "The Motion Picture" was in a gold case and not silver like the others. It would be nice if they were all different colors. Oh well...

See, I think EVERY DVD should be a Director's Cut, Unrated Version, Criterion etc. I hate the cheap ones- those are crap.

Thanks for the info JarJar, since Kubrick is going to be like that I'll just get The Shining the way it is.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-04-2003, 10:12 AM
The original TMNT and He Man cartoons.

Jayspawn
06-04-2003, 10:16 AM
I second the orginal Masters of the Universe cartoons!

mrmiller
06-04-2003, 10:24 AM
Just the Usual right now- Star Wars OT, Indiana Jones (I know it's comming), and others that should be common sense stuff.

Oh yea, and a super duper version of Army of Darkenss and Stargate :rolleyes: (Actually these will probably be out again before the OT).

Actually I could use some Special Editions with included extra footage of some movies, with good extras. Such as Predator and 12 Monkies and many others that just got a lame "no bonus" edition.

=MATT=

scruffziller
06-04-2003, 10:40 AM
Family Matters
Perfect Strangers
In Living Color
The complete Beavis and Butthead (videos and all)
Forever (K?)Night-(vampire who is a cop searching for a way to become mortal)

Exhaust Port
06-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Knight Rider and Dukes of Hazzard.

stillakid
06-04-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The Shining is out now, and isn't going to get any better. Stanley "I hate widescreen" Kubrick stated that his movies will never be released in widescreen outside the theater. Also don't expect anything as far as extras. He was not a fan of those, either.

So did they use the full Academy frame for the transfer or is it Pan and Scan? If they used the Academy frame, you could create a "do it yourself" letterboxing kit at home with some two inch black tape and some scissors. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-04-2003, 10:56 AM
X-Men cartoon (Not the Evolution show, i hate it, need the originals, baby!!)

Seinfeld

Star Wars O.T.

In living Color

Yup, that's all that come to mind. :D

bobafrett
06-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Futurama 2nd season and beyond

Star Wars OT and not the SE version, well both actually would be nice, but I know this has been discussed in another thread already.

The Bears Super Bowl season like they show on ESPN Classic, with highlights of each game up to and including the Super Bowl. That would be nice to see on DVD!

Has Blade Runner been released on DVD? I have two versions on VHS.

Can't wait for Indiana Jones to come out on DVD. My son has yet to see any of the movies.

Beast
06-04-2003, 11:49 AM
TMNT (Both old and new) are on the way for later this year. As for He-Man, there is word that the same is true for it. Though I have more confirmation in the case of TMNT then I do for He-Man.

The Army of Darkness (Boomstick Edition) is probably about as good as your going to get for it. Atleast for a while. And the Ultimate 2-disc edition of Stargate is great. Be sure to pick that up if you get the chance. :)

12 Monkees was planned for a SE, but it was pulled for now. Predator will supposedly be released in an SE later this year. The extras being the same as the deluxe SE from Region 2.

Seinfeld is finally being worked on. I guess the syndication profits finally fell enough that Jerry could actually consider releasing them on DVD. He's planning commentaries, cut scenes, and blooper reels.

Futurama Season II has finally been announced for August, so the wait shouldn't be much longer for you on that. Atleast it's not taking as long for them as it does for The Simpsons.

Blade Runner is out, but I would suggest waiting. A 2-disc or 3-disc SE is on the way. It will finally present the movie as the director intended, and include a lot of extras and such. The release date keeps getting rumored and changed, so no clue yet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-04-2003, 03:34 PM
C'mon Jar jar, what about the original X-Men cartoon?!?!?!?

Bobafrett- that ESPN thing on the Bears would rule. Personally, i'd love to see a digitally remastered Bears "Super Bowl Shuffle" on DVD with some behind the scenes stuff and outtakes. Maybe that could be an extra on the ESPN DVD. :D

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Schindlers List.
I want this movie on DVD so bad. It has to be a 2 Disc set and I pray for a commentary.

Oh and of course the Clone Wars cartoons.. hopefully on Episode III DVD?
I'm plain sick of Lucasfilm and Lucasarts just trying to squeeze every last buck that they can. I love Star Wars but I hate those companies, they don't give ANYTHING to the loyal fans.

Rant over :frus:

Beast
06-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Pray all you want. Spielburg won't do a commentary. He's already said that he considers them to ruin the magic of films. I don't see him changing that stance anytime soon. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-04-2003, 05:06 PM
The man winds me up. Why can't he do that for the fans? And also, a commentary IS optional.
Ruin the magic of films? What the hell? I've never listened to a commentary that has ruined the movie, I find them insightful and interesting and when I'm gonna buy a DVD, a commentary will always make me more interested in getting it.
And hell, on the Jurassic Park DVD, I would say all of his extra's "ruin" the "magic of films" more than a commentary would.
Ridley Scott is a director that gives back to the fans on his DVD's, Spielberg's DVD's should be boycotted until he does commentaries.

Man, I must sound Militant!

Rant No. 2 over :frus:

Mandalorian Candidat
06-04-2003, 06:28 PM
I'd like to see the following (other than the given SW:OT)

Better Off Dead "SE"- Last year's release has only the movie. I want more than my two dollars!
One Crazy Summer
Seinfeld - Don't think we'll see this one until it peters out of syndication.
Happy Gilmore SE - The current release is also devoid of features.
Aqua Teen Hungerforce - It hasn't been out long enough to warrant a set, but I hope it'll happen in a year or so.
Full Metal Jacket SE - Also lacks features other than the trailer.
Dune SE - I'd actually like a better version than the one released around 1998. A commentary by Lynch and Kyle McLachlan would be excellent.
Children of Dune SE - I'm hoping that Artisan will release a 3-disc set like they did for Dune with a commentary and other features. The two extras in the CoD set are OK but I'd like more. I'm not holding my breath though. I don't think this one is as popular as the first because I have yet to see it stocked by a non-online store.
Twin Peaks Season 2 - I never saw the complete season 2 but liked it as much as the first.

AT-AT Man
06-05-2003, 12:35 AM
Yes i too want original X-Men as well as TMNT the original series on DVD.

Jayspawn
06-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Yes, we need the 1st X-MEN cartoon on DVD. Every episode!

AT-AT Man
06-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Just thinking about this, and i wouldn't mind the spiderman series on DVD as well

evenflow
06-05-2003, 12:11 PM
Original and new Masters of the Universe cartoons (entire run of show) would rock.

I would like She-Ra and Thundercats full series as well.

AT-AT Man
06-16-2003, 04:32 PM
Oh yeah, i just caught an episode of an old TV series i used to watch. any word on whether they will release Sliders on DVD anytime soon?

Beast
06-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man
Oh yeah, i just caught an episode of an old TV series i used to watch. any word on whether they will release Sliders on DVD anytime soon?
Sliders is coming. It was one of the series that Universal announced for DVD release in 2003. No word on when and what we'll get. Hopefully the entire first season and not some lame, best of release. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
06-19-2003, 01:01 AM
yes i would love it if it were the first season. can't wait

evenflow
06-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Well it looks like Animal House is going to be released again. Awesome news.

mrmiller
06-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Besides Sliders and Married With Children Season set- I'd love to see Titus season sets on DVD. That was a great show, and underapreciated by FOX *cough* Futurama *cough*.

=MATT=

OC47150
07-03-2003, 11:23 AM
Omega Man and Solyent Green are being released this fall on DVD. Two classic Heston flicks.

I've also read where a 20th anniversary edition of Blade Runner was in the works. Last year was the anniversary but it hasn't been released yet.

Haven't read or heard anything else on the Predator SE in quite some time. Might have to break down and get the regular version.

There's a 25th anniversary edition of Halloween coming out later in the fall (in time for Halloween?!?)

Emergency! is supposedly coming out in the fall or early next year. KMG 365!!

A 9-disc set of the Alien movies is scheduled for release this fall, too.

Action movie wise:

* The Wild Geese (classic Richard Burton/mercenaries in Africa flick from the 70s)

* Ice Station Zebra (a Cold War [no pun intended] classic)

* A reasonably priced version of Cross of Iron (Sam Peckinpah's only WWII movie).

DVD is the wave of the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

James Boba Fettfield
09-22-2003, 11:25 PM
They Live, it needs to be brought back to Region 1
The Tales From The Crypts movies need to be brought back from OOP, too!

Well, I wanted to see these movies on dvd again, and it looks like I got my wish. The Crypt movies are coming out October 7, and They Live has been released. Thank you powers that be!

Beast
09-23-2003, 12:04 AM
Unfortunatly They Live is barebones. Even though there is a far superior SE with Commentary from Carpenter and Rowdy Roddy Piper on the R2 DVD release. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
09-23-2003, 12:07 AM
Ha ha, barebones or not, I just want the movie, and at it's cheap price, I'll be happy for now. Maybe when I spring for a region free player I'll pick up the superior versions of items that R2 gets along with other regions.

RooJay
09-23-2003, 03:15 AM
My wish list:

- Star Wars Original Trilogy (including special edition AND original theatrical cuts, and at least a full disk worth of extra material - aside from the standard stuff to be included on each disk with each of the films! ;) I'm thinking even stuff like the decent parts of the Holiday Special - re-edited, and included for our review)
- a Popeye (the live action, Robin Williams movie) Special Edition (the recently released, barebones version simply won't do)
- Bugsy Malone
- a Batman (Michael Keaton) Special Edition (why doesn't this already exist?!)
- The Muppet Show Series Collection (individual volumes for each season featuring every episode - with tons of special features, natch!)
- Jim Henson's Storyteller series collection
- Fraggle Rock series collection
- the Muppets Tonight series collection
- The Ewoks Adventure and the Ewoks Battle for Endor
- the Superfriends series collection (none of this "Best of" crap - I demand them all!)
- a Labyrinth Special Edition
- a Remo Williams Special Edition
- a Signs Special Edition (with director's commentary this time!)

Exhaust Port
09-23-2003, 09:16 AM
Unfortunatly They Live is barebones. Even though there is a far superior SE with Commentary from Carpenter and Rowdy Roddy Piper on the R2 DVD release. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
That's really too bad, I would love to have enhanced version. Just as an interesting side note, a little over a decade ago I saw They Live in Germany. They had changed the name to Invasion USA for some reason.

"I'm here to kick *** and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum." :D

OC47150
09-23-2003, 09:19 AM
I Come in Peace is another good one that needs to be released on DVD.

scruffziller
09-23-2003, 09:37 AM
WOW, I can't believe Fawlty Towers is out!!!!!!:D

Beast
09-23-2003, 09:51 AM
My wish list:
- a Batman (Michael Keaton) Special Edition (why doesn't this already exist?!)
- The Muppet Show Series Collection (individual volumes for each season featuring every episode - with tons of special features, natch!)
- Jim Henson's Storyteller series collection
- a Signs Special Edition (with director's commentary this time!)
The Batman Special Editions are being prepared, but WB wants to hold off and tie the release of the SE's with a new film. For some stupid reason, they have an idea they can't sell them without a big budget movie to tie into. :rolleyes:

Jim Henson's Storyteller is out on DVD. I've seen it at Wal-Mart, BB, and Media Play. It's on my 'To Get List', just too many other things to get at the moment. It does sound like a really nice set. :)

As for Signs, I doubt you'll ever see another SE. What we got is about as good as we'll get, unless they decide to double dip and do a 2-discer. But since the first release carried the 'Vista' name, it's doubtful. And M. Night doesn't like Audio Commentary, so doubt you'll ever see that on any of his films. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Clint
09-23-2003, 03:29 PM
They recently released Fright Night II on DVD (AFTER I got a wild hair and bought a copy on VHS :( ). Problem is, it is Full Screen. As far as I know it has never been released in Wide Screen. Is there any way to find out whether it was Full or Wide in the theater when it was first released?

Beast
09-23-2003, 03:52 PM
They recently released Fright Night II on DVD (AFTER I got a wild hair and bought a copy on VHS :( ). Problem is, it is Full Screen. As far as I know it has never been released in Wide Screen. Is there any way to find out whether it was Full or Wide in the theater when it was first released?
According to the research I've done, the OAR (Original Aspect Ratio) was 2.35:1. My info could be wrong, but I checked it against various sources. So yes, the DVD has been horribly butchered from it's original aspect ratio. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Clint
09-23-2003, 04:06 PM
According to the research I've done, the OAR (Original Aspect Ratio) was 2.35:1. My info could be wrong, but I checked it against various sources. So yes, the DVD has been horribly butchered from it's original aspect ratio. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks Binks. I was afraid of that. I might get it anyway. My VHS tape is awful.

Beast
09-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Yeah. I know what you mean. At least the clarity of DVD beats VHS. I'm going to have to settle for P&S on a release that just came out myself. Repossessed. One of my favorite cheesy comedy parody movies from the early 90's. Of course my Laserdisc was Full Frame as well. So no big loss. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

[DSS]Pedr0
09-23-2003, 04:35 PM
I Come in Peace is another good one that needs to be released on DVD.DOOD, AWESOME FLICK!!!! FLYING CDs AS WEAPONS!! WHO WOULD HAVE IMAGINED!!

RooJay
09-30-2003, 01:24 AM
I forgot to even mention the one DVD collection I have always wanted most - the funniest television series ever - Soap! Unfortunately I don't have to add it to my list since I've recently learned that season one (all 25 episodes!) was released last tuesday! :D :D :D

I will, however, add a Last of the Mohicans special edition to my list. Why this one doesn't already exist is beyond me...

Exhaust Port
10-10-2003, 12:44 PM
I saw that A Christmas Story is finally being released in Widescreen format this month for it's 20th Anniversary. Man does this make me happy!

OC47150
10-13-2003, 01:52 PM
No deleted scenes, though, but the extras should make it worth the price. I saw it over the weekend.

A special edition of Christmas Vacation is coming out too.

RooJay
10-13-2003, 01:55 PM
In honor of Halloween (and just in honor of another awesome movie) I'd also like to add a Special Edition of Bram Stoker's Dracula to my list! Why does this not already exist? The ten year anniversary of this movie passed just last year and all we got for it was a shiny, new gold foil "10th Anniversary" sticker added to the outer wrapper of the crappy, no-frills DVD version we've had on the shelves for years. What's up with that?! :mad: This film deserves better, and I know there is more material to go along with it because I remember having seen a bunch of behind the scenes stuff on tv when it first came out!

Beast
10-13-2003, 02:29 PM
I know RooJay, but I think it's more the case that Criterion was the one that did the big SE release back in the day on DVD. So because of that, the studio doesn't have any good suppliments for the release. I'm hoping they'll look into either partnering with Criterion again. Or licensing the Commentary and Extras from them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
10-14-2003, 06:03 PM
The TV Miniseries "Anne Frank: The Whole Story" (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0246430/) starting Ben Kingsley. I wanna see this on DVD so bad!

Does anyone think this may happen?

2-1B
03-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Sure, DDD has it for $9.44 shipped. :)

It was released on 8/28/2001, not sure why you couldn't find it? :confused:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5740245&categoryId=65456