PDA

View Full Version : New Multi-Pack Figures Pictured

SirSteve
04-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Imperial Forces (with new R4-I9) and Ultimate Bounty (with new Aurra Sing Swoop Bike!). Check out the pictures from the home page!

LTBasker
04-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Yeah saw these pics on Galactic Hunter a while ago, the auction prices suck but the pics are pretty nice. The Bounty set still feels a bit cheap since only the Swoop has new stuff to it, I would've liked Aurra to have better legs and her antenna, Boba to have his ROTJ paintjob, Bossk to use BoShek's body, and IG-88 to be the white version from Bespin.

The Imperial set looks better and better each time, wish we had gotten packaged pics of the Hoth set too, just cause we'd get more pics of the actual figures. Overall I can't wait, glad these are just $20. :cool:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-11-2003, 08:40 PM
I that the SAGA Vader sculpt with a different hand/arm and a different cape. I don't completely recognize it?

Beast
04-11-2003, 08:42 PM
It's the POTJ Darth Vader: Emperor's Wrath figure, molded in solid black plastic. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
04-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Well I'll be dipped. . . Jar Jar you are right....wow, it looks completely different that way! Very nice, very nice!

I really like these packs, both of them. Neat idea Hasbro.

Jargo
04-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Meh, they look okay. The packaging is a little rough looking eh? Looks more like pre-packaged meat. I still think the Imperial set is a rip off if the bounty hunters come with a swoop and the rebels with a tauntaun. The imperials get a poxy cannon. A cannon we don't need seeing as the snowtrooper is coming with a better one anyway. Surely they could have shoved a blast apart probe droid in ther instead? that would have made the sets equal at least. So yeah the imperials will be a rip off compared to the other two sets.

chrisc
04-11-2003, 09:47 PM
The Idea of a blast apart probe droid would be exellent. Other than that they look pretty cool. How many sets are there besides these two?

Thunderstorm1
04-11-2003, 10:01 PM
I like the swoop, and all the others for that matter. Definetely going to have to pick these up. Does anyone know if the Bounty Hunter set is up for order yet on TRU.com?

Dialogus
04-11-2003, 10:59 PM
Looking forward 2 buy both. Didn't buy the 300th Boba Fett when it came out so I'm more than pleased 2 see they're re-releasing it in that pack:) The swoop's details look pretty nice. And of course we all want those different little astromechs.

Nice job Hasbro!

LusiferSam
04-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Looks cheap and recycled. None of the figures excite me, well maybe the black R4. The only plus side is a new swoop (and without a big missile). And its an exclusive for toy r us (I don't know why but I hate ordering from them online).

Adam
04-12-2003, 01:52 AM
I'm passing on both. I have all the ones I like in both sets already..

bobafrett
04-12-2003, 02:35 AM
I'll probably pick it up, but I was hoping to see Aurra Sing in a different pose. I mean we only see her for a brief second in EP I, and I would have liked to have seen the pose like she was in the movie. Ahhh, I'm tired and me feet stink, I think I'm going to bed!

jeffonthego
04-12-2003, 07:47 AM
The idea of "bounty hunter packs" or "imperial packs" excites me, but these two just don't.

From what I can see, it's all recycled stuff.

Why does Hasbro make a gazillion Lukes (among others), but then when it comes to cool 'Dark side' characters, they can't even be bothered to at least do some cool resculpts?

The answer? I'd say they know we're suckers for imperial stuff and will stock up on loads of it, so they don't need to bother putting more money into resculpts.

Sucks, I say.

jeffonthego
04-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Hey, I'm back to 'Moisture Farmer' - how does this work anyway?

Sorry, yes I know, I digress . . .

Jargo
04-12-2003, 08:38 AM
There was an upgrade to the system that downgraded some features. we're back to single path ranking.

James Boba Fettfield
04-12-2003, 09:00 AM
After seeing the product, I am giving it my vote of sorry, I'll pass.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-12-2003, 11:51 AM
The Imperial figures are all great, and the accessories are okay. Just the other way around with the bounty hunter set. Still, at $20, that's an amazing price, it's like getting the big accessories for free. :)

coy5
04-12-2003, 11:58 AM
I personally like the new at-st driver (potj version of the imperial officer but molded in grey). Also, the stormtrooper looks to have the potj's arms, hopefully just from the elbow down. I will definately pick up at least one just for the r4 droid and at-st driver everything else will be a bonus to me.

Kidhuman
04-12-2003, 04:07 PM
They look alright. Since I have them already I can hold off on them. The one Iwant is the bounty hunter set. It has Boba so I must have it.

HARDY
04-12-2003, 05:57 PM
ah i agree with jargo it looks cheaply packaged any one know when these are gonna be out in the uk probably never!!!!

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-12-2003, 09:10 PM
No likey, the imperial one looks good, Take out Veder and throw in a comtech stormie and it'll sell like hotcakes!

Droidlover
04-13-2003, 12:52 AM
I am definitely picking up the Imperial forces for that R4, hey I bought the Starship for the Red R2. Be nice to have another Stormtrooper too. Now I don't care about the Bounty set, but it must be nice for those that missed the 300th Fett( that is him, ain't it).

RussUAE
04-13-2003, 05:38 AM
I feel bad that I'll probablay buy these sets just for the swoop bike and the black R4. That said, the Hoth one due out seems more appealing to me.

OK, and I'm a moisture farmer too (i think) - how does this ranking system work?

187-Maul
04-13-2003, 08:18 AM
I really like the imperial set, the vader is almost the perfect Vader IMO, looks just like in the movie, the storime is great (uses the body of the POTJ sandtrooper, but articulated legs from the CTC stormie), the AT-ST driver is a bit boring and the droid looks cool
I just hope the set won't be too expensive to get here in europe
BTW, Galactic Hunter has loose images of the imperial set
oh and I almost forgot the Bounty Hunter set, but it's pretty boring since I have most figs from it and Aurra Sing still is a bad fig IMO, I'll definitly pass on that

RussUAE
04-13-2003, 08:48 AM
Why is everyone so against Aurra Sing figure? I thought it was a very good one. OK, no antenna, but otherwise seemed a good sculpt.

I don't need it again of course.

JON9000
04-13-2003, 05:50 PM
I'm pleased that it only costs $20. that Boba Fett figure alone cost $14... and the swoop is awesome. I wonder if it will ever see the light of day at my local TRU?

Jargo
04-13-2003, 07:22 PM
I was talking to my finances conscious partner about these sets and we agreed that to buy a single figure with speeder costs nearly as much as the whole bounty hunter set so really you get two figures and a speeder with two free figures. Same with the hoth set. two figures with a tauntaun and two free. The imperial set doesn't equate. for the price of the sets i mean. How can you have two sets with such a great bonus and one with a cruddy cannon at the same price? And it's the set that will sell the fastest as all imperial items do. Ok so maybe that's why because they knew they could sell more of this set at whatever price but the other sets needed an incentive or enticement to get them to sell. I think i'm seeing how it works now.

Russ, the ranking system doesn't work. There were two paths, light side and dark side but the dark side got switched off by a recent system upgrade. You preogress to padawan from moisture farmer and then to jedi knight i think, then to jedi master and then to jedi council member. i think that's how it goes. Can't remember at what intervals you progress though but it's all based on post counts.