PDA

View Full Version : Celebration exclusive????????

evenflow
11-16-2001, 07:28 AM
What is the deal with that. I hope that it will be available somewhere else like the fan club, because it is going to be insane.

Lord Malakite
11-16-2001, 11:12 AM
I e-mailed WOTC about it and while they didn't say who it was, they did imply that it was going something special and that it will only be at the celebration. If you want to read the e-mail www.rebelscum.com and www.collectstarwars.com posted it on their main page.

Tycho
11-16-2001, 01:42 PM
Since most / all characters from the movies must be made available to the general public, this could be several possibilites:

George Lucas as an action figure was one thought. Die hards at conventions might want this (I may go, but not for a George figure myself, personally).

Another would be any regular figure specially carded like the Return of the Jedi exclusive Luke Jedi Knight figure: a common figure specially carded - with an exclusive cardback showing a lot of the figures or all of them to date?

A new figure of JarJar to already help Hasbro cut down their supply so he won't fumble sales of Episode 2 figures ; )

Finally, something resculpted, but special: like Palpatine, fully articulated at the knees and everything, as Emperor, sitting in his throne chair, wearing a cloth cloak. - Now THAT's tempting to buy!

JediCole
11-16-2001, 04:09 PM
A George Lucas figure was my first thought. Regardless, it is a shame that if it is not within our resources to make the Star Wars Celebration, we will all essentially be shut out on this one. With the proclamation that it will only be available at the Celebration, unless we can network here with those who can attend (assuming they have enough and let people buy more than one), then we will all be subjected to scalper pricing on this particular figure. This really is going to shake the foundations of a lot of collectors' commitment to the line.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-16-2001, 05:40 PM
Being one who can't go to the convention in Indiana, I sincerely hope the exclusive will be either 1)the thousands of Bespin Leias clogging the pegs of local retailers, 2)the 20th resculpt of Darth Maul but in a French Maid's outfit, or 3)a Rick McCallum figure talking on the phone with a commtech chip saying "Duuuuude" and a bunch of bleeped out swear words.

Sorry, but if I can't go nobody should get anything good.

Hahahahahahahhahaha!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :dead:

I'm such a bad boy...

El Chuxter
11-16-2001, 05:48 PM
I thought part of the terms to Hasbro being granted the Star Wars toy license was that all figures had to be made available to anyone who wanted them.

They really blew this one. :mad:

GNT
11-16-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I thought part of the terms to Hasbro being granted the Star Wars toy license was that all figures had to be made available to anyone who wanted them.

I think it was they weren't allowed to sell them directly to the customers (eg the internet)

So whens this celebration?

Darth Trasko
11-16-2001, 08:21 PM
A George Lucas figure.....hmmmmmm I'd buy that if he had a super blaster cannon or at least a pistol...:)

GNT
11-16-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trasko
A George Lucas figure.....hmmmmmm I'd buy that if he had a super blaster cannon or at least a pistol...:)

Just give him Hammerheads big blaster ;)

Darth Trasko
11-16-2001, 09:34 PM
Knowing Hasblow it will be something awful like a behind the scenes cinema scene with George Lucas Rick mcCallum etc...

evenflow
11-17-2001, 07:52 AM
Whatever it is going to be, we are all going to want it and go through hell trying to get it. I was thinking the same thing that JediCole said. If people are going, and are able to buy more than one then maybe we here have a chance. So, anyone here going to the Celebration?

Jargo
11-17-2001, 10:18 AM
And like us fans from other countries have got a cats chance in hell of getting hold of this figure! man I am so furious at the arrogance of this company to assume so much. It's bad enough that they dictate which figures we can and can't have in our particular countries, then foist a million unwanted crappy resculpts onto us and force anyone buying a case of figures to accept half a case full of unwanted Mauls. Then there's the American only store exclusives and mail-in figures. What the frick does this company want from us Europeans? Here hasbro I've opened a vein take it all I don't need it. Blodd only leads to high blood pressure anyway...
maybe you'd like my internal organs too before you'll allow me access to your damn product!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad:

Wolfwood319
11-17-2001, 11:21 AM
Im sure the figure will be some EII character on a special card that will be released in the regular line later on as well. Im not worried, and neither should you. It is Hasbro here, they're not gonna make an exclusive of a character they can release regularly and get loads more money for.

Starfig873
11-17-2001, 12:29 PM
Every time an exclusive figure is released, an eBay seller gets his wings...

:D

But Soul StealerBay will more than likely be my only chance to get this one...

evenflow
11-17-2001, 12:46 PM
Sadly, thats how it looks now. I better save up some money. :(

Magnolia-Fan
11-17-2001, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
If people are going, and are able to buy more than one then maybe we here have a chance.

I hope to god they DONT allow more than one per person, because MOST of the people who actually go to the convention wont be able to get one otherwise.