PDA

View Full Version : SC Anakin rules!!:)

Amy
04-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Well I picked up my stuff from Wally world today, and I'm amazed at how wonderful the SC Anakin is!:eek: I love everything about this figure(besides that...cloak). If you guys have yet to pick him up, you should get this one:)

Someone on here(dont remeber who) said other robes like Mace or Obi-Wan's from EP1 wont fit, or dont look right on this figure, but I dont agree whatsoever. I HAAAAATE that robe this figure comes with, so I gave him Mace Windu's preview robe, AND IT WORKS AS IF IT WHERE MADE FOR HIM,no joke:)

Well, just thought I would share my excitment about this figure(I have been dying for a good Anakin since EP3) So this figure has my blessing, 100%!:D

(here is a photo)

Amy
04-12-2003, 09:10 PM
And here is the back for anyone that wants to know how the robe looks from this angle. Like a glove!:D

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Awesome pics! Can't wait to find this figure now! Although I don't have preview Mace I'll find a good cape for him if I'm not happy with how he already is.

DarthChuckMc
04-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Glad to hear you got 'em outta Lay-o-way hell.

BTW.......check your PMs lady.....

*That's Private Messages....NOT PMS*

Old Fossil
04-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Good thinking with the robe there, Amy. Maybe you should send those images to Hasbro, along with your resume!

Jerjerrod
04-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Cool custom Amy. But what happened to Ani's left hand in the first picture? He looks like he got stung by a bee. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-12-2003, 11:37 PM
His hand looks HUGE in that first shot!! He looks like Dave in that Foo Fighters video where his hand grows big and he opens up a keg of beat down. Good cloak usage though!! Cheers!! :D

James Boba Fettfield
04-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Maybe he's allergic to something.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2003, 12:08 AM
Or that hand gets too much use.......like as in repairing ships and stuff...geez, what popped in YOUR heads, eh?!? Kids! :D

jad
04-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the images amy. I'm glad to hear this is an awsome figure, I've really been looking forward to it and have been wanting a good Anakin for some time. I've heard the articulation is pretty dang cool.

I only wish I could find anything from the 2003 line in my local area, like a lot of other areas it's been pretty craptacular as of late to find new toys.

Glad to see someones having luck though :)

Prince Xizor
04-13-2003, 12:52 AM
I agree 100% I too have this toy and it is my favorite Anakin so far.

But I don't think the cloak he came with looks all that bad. I mean, it ain't the best, but it is acceptable to me.

RussUAE
04-13-2003, 05:33 AM
Agreed. Definitely the best Ani yet. Shame about the lame cloak and lightsaber, here's hoping for the next Ani to have a better cloak with it.

And the hand on mine is badly painted too, so looks huge at that angle.

However, I got the Ani at the same time as Boba Fett Pitt of Carkoon, and quite frankly that is sooo cool I've hardly given Ani another glance!

187-Maul
04-13-2003, 08:09 AM
that looks amazing, very good idea with the cloak, the fig actually looks pretty cool with that cloak
too bad I already have 2 anakin's in his jedi tunic and I don't want yet another one so quickly...

Beast
04-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Yeah, it looks great. It's not split down the sides, but atleast this way it will stay on better. Quick suggestion, the SC Anakin cloak looks great on the Swoop Bike Anakin. It's what should have been on the figure in the first place. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
04-13-2003, 01:02 PM
I want one!!!!! That does look pretty cool Amy. I still don't understand why he has a lightsaber.

Beast
04-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
I still don't understand why he has a lightsaber.
Because collectors complained when figures like Darth Vader: Commtech and Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot didn't get a lightsaber. So pretty much any figure that should have a lightsaber will get one now. Even if they don't have one in the scene. POTJ Darth Vader: Emperor's Wrath for instance. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-13-2003, 02:41 PM
Did he (or Luke) ever deflect blaster bolts with the blue one? I don't think they did, so it's odd that this one has a blast effect with it. Arrgh, my Yestertoys shipment of Ani and Boba gets here next week . . . I can hardly wait!!!

mm74md
04-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
I still don't understand why he has a lightsaber.

Because kids that get him to play with want the lightsaber. Like my son!

LTBasker
04-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
Did he (or Luke) ever deflect blaster bolts with the blue one? I don't think they did, so it's odd that this one has a blast effect with it.

Well the only blast bolts that were actually deflected in the OT by a lightsaber was in ANH with the Training Remote, the rest were in ROTJ with some deflections during the Sarlacc scene and Luke against the Trooper on the speederbike. But no, Anakin did not deflect any blast bolts with his blue saber, it was crushed before he got into a fight with something who had a blaster. A Geonosian shot at him with the Sonic Blaster, but he couldn't block/deflect those.

The bolt is just there for extra, we never saw Luminara deflect a shot when she was in that pose but she still had a deflect effect.

Paul-Kenobi
04-13-2003, 06:19 PM
why is everyone complaning about the cloak? i mean who cares you wanted the cloak you got the cloak be happy with it. I personaly say he is the best anakin there is. But i don't have him yet CUASE MY FRIGGIN WALLMART NEVER PUTS OUT ANYTHING NEW!. Stores sometimes suck........... they do.................

Amy
04-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
why is everyone complaning about the cloak? i mean who cares you wanted the cloak you got the cloak be happy with it. I personaly say he is the best anakin there is. But i don't have him yet CUASE MY FRIGGIN WALLMART NEVER PUTS OUT ANYTHING NEW!. Stores sometimes suck........... they do.................

I had NO idea how bad it was till I got him. It would be ok if it fit, but its more like it sits on him. When ever you handle him, you must hold the cloak and figure tightly at all times, because thats how loose it lays.

And like I said, I also think its the best Anakin yet:)

seanmcfripp
04-15-2003, 07:59 AM
Anakin's cloak is actually different than any of the other Jedi costumes from the film. Most everyone wears a cloak with sleeves. But Anakin's has no sleeves. It's more like a hooded cape with long slits for his arms to come through. I like the SC cloak because its likeness is true to the costume.

LTBasker
04-15-2003, 10:50 AM
It's less like a cloak and more like just a really long wrap, sorta like Lott Dod's. Ani thinks he's that important. ;)

What they need to do is have a soft goods cape with looped strings to put under his arm pits, or a plastic cape with soft plastic and a way for it to sorta latch itself to the mold.

JEDIpartner
04-15-2003, 10:55 AM
I love the whole figure... cloak, lightsaber and all!!! This is by far the best Anakin to date (even though the hair's a little "off"). The lightsaber is there because the adventure doesn't end after AOTC!!

mm74md
04-15-2003, 02:10 PM
It's so nice, I bought 2!

Jargo
04-15-2003, 02:48 PM
Anakin sucks like a big crying girl at a poker game. All these Anakin figures are terrible. none of them look remotely like Anakin. The SC Anakin has horrible posing and articulation with girly ankles and that puny gold hand. Why the hell does he have bent legs? Did Anakin have rickets when he was a child - I don't think so. Awful waste of plastic IMO.

IMO only. Whe they can get the face right and make a figure with articulation for multi-posing and make the figure stand neutrally too without some bow legged thing going on or some elbow nudging exercises pose or some geeky pained expression on his face or a jedi braid that's able to levitate independent of anakin or a cloak that's been starched to look like he's in a wind tunnel... then i'll maybe accept an Anakin figure but until then all Anakin figures suck, just like the character.

Lman316
04-15-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Anakin sucks like a big crying girl at a poker game. All these Anakin figures are terrible. none of them look remotely like Anakin. The SC Anakin has horrible posing and articulation with girly ankles and that puny gold hand. Why the hell does he have bent legs? Did Anakin have rickets when he was a child - I don't think so. Awful waste of plastic IMO.

IMO only. Whe they can get the face right and make a figure with articulation for multi-posing and make the figure stand neutrally too without some bow legged thing going on or some elbow nudging exercises pose or some geeky pained expression on his face or a jedi braid that's able to levitate independent of anakin or a cloak that's been starched to look like he's in a wind tunnel... then i'll maybe accept an Anakin figure but until then all Anakin figures suck, just like the character.

I am pretty much in total agreement with EJ, here - except for the "character sucks" thing...:p

I had the opportunity to buy the Anakin today. I stood in the aisle for a few minutes, thinking it over. I finally decided to put it back on the shelf because I just didn't feel it was worth buying. I had heard so many good things about the figure, but up close it was so lack luster (as were the rest of the figures on the pegs...I must have just missed Padme, the Library Droids and the Tuskens). There wasn't any justification for me to spend $5.15 on something that looked that bad.
Now, if they had had it at KB for 50% off, that would have been another story...:D.

End...

Deoxyribonucleic
04-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Cool pictures!

I saw this guy in the aisle too the other day, picked him up, looked him over and decided against him for now. Not because he's a bad looking figure, he actually looks great, but because I know I'll eventually be able to get him for cheap. :) Unfortunately, all the anakins always end up to be peg warmers, as this one already is now at my walmart, the mace is getting left behind too! Poor Mace! :(

:D

QLD
04-15-2003, 03:48 PM
EJ, more true words have not been spoken!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2003, 04:34 PM
Hey, I just got my Yestertoys shipment in, a few days early!!! Anakin is amazing just like Boba! I had no idea the lightsaber was a one-piecer, these are SO much better than the breakin' ones. The cloak is cool, just not for neutral poses. But it's not like this is the only Anakin that will ever be made. The golden hand is cool, and could look like a normal hand from far-away in dioramas. And while we aren't discussing Boba here, just thought I would anyway - this is awesome! IMO, this figure's only two downers are the inaccurate jetpack (but it's okay), and th mandalorian skull is mispained (again, small and not that bad). It's a shame I couldn't find these at Wal-Mart, but the prices on Yestertoys weren't too high.

Darthvader7677
04-15-2003, 07:21 PM
SC anakin is by far the best anakin released yet. I do agree the cloak isnt the best for this figure. But the robic hand is pretty cool!