PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of T.A.T.U

mylow thehutt
04-12-2003, 11:05 PM
:cool: Ok Lets jusy say i just saw there music video all the things she says,and wanted to know more about these 2 special girls
:happy: well folks think of this, take the spice girls,Avril lavgine,and Britney spears and wrap it up,and you got T.A.T.U, now for me i have to say they won't last long,if we look back on all the inported singers such as Ricky martin,the spice girls,and others they didn't last that long so T.A.T.U the 2 girls from russia may be hot now but I give them till July.

thoughts.:D

James Boba Fettfield
04-12-2003, 11:08 PM
F-....No, best I not share my thoughts on this.

mylow thehutt
04-12-2003, 11:19 PM
I see....anyone else?:confused:

LTBasker
04-12-2003, 11:24 PM
Their gimmick of being two Russian Lesbian schoolgirls is just that, a gimmick in case you didn't know. Which is a pretty pathetic way of getting your shine in the spotlight. I think theres nothing real special about them, they're just more pop stars which are boring. Their song "all the things she said" I hate with a passion because it ruined the finale fight of Birds of Prey. It was merely picked because the beat was appealing but the lyrics are toned down just for that reason, because the lyrics are pointless and had nothing to do with the fight scene.

So to make the long story longer, I can't wait for them to fall out of the spotlight and hope they're just one hit wonders, but considering how lopez, spears and the rest of them are still lingering around, I guess the simpletons will have power again. :rolleyes:

James Boba Fettfield
04-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Does T.A.T.U. stand for anything? If it's somethin' inappropriate, forget I asked.

QLD
04-12-2003, 11:44 PM
I like the song though....and the video was....invigorating!

darthvyn
04-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Does T.A.T.U. stand for anything? If it's somethin' inappropriate, forget I asked.

it stands for "this girl loves that girl" or something in russian...

supposedly the whole point of this is an experiment but a russian psychologist to "weed out" pedophiles... so, it's a win win win situation for this sick perverted "doctor"

a. he gets to cash in on the "talents" of two minors

b. he gets to make them do all sorts of stuff together, in the name of "science," and

c. he gets to sit back while making a profit and making two girls kiss each other and stuff, and can point the finger at the people who "enjoy" the very material HE is creating...

how come this guy isn't locked up?

James Boba Fettfield
04-13-2003, 12:29 AM
So he exploits minors to point the finger at the people who enjoy these exploitations. That's (insert swear here) up.

mylow thehutt
04-13-2003, 12:45 AM
So there manager makes them kiss and smooz to make money,power,and all sorts of stuff.I give them till june 3.

Porcelina
04-13-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
well folks think of this, take the spice girls,Avril lavgine,and Britney spears and wrap it up,and you got T.A.T.U

throw christina aguilera (sp?) in there and you've got my personal version of hell ;)

Prince Xizor
04-13-2003, 02:01 AM
They remind me very much of that band that did the Barbie Girl song. They will have their one hit, and then just DIE. Fall right off the planet. Like Lou Bega.

What was the name of the Barbie Girl band.

QLD
04-13-2003, 02:09 AM
That would be Aqua. They have a lot of hits overseas.....and I have heard a few. They all sound the same, but are catchy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2003, 02:09 AM
Aqua...and i think the other guy you're talking about is Lou Vega...mambo, 1, 2, 3-4-5 (mike dodges various bottles and apples being thrown at him) :D

notafinga
04-13-2003, 01:34 PM
anybody remember Falco?:D

Kidhuman
04-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Rock Me Amedaus...great tune

2-1B
04-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Falco died many years ago in a car accident. :(

The 'Xir
04-13-2003, 05:23 PM
So much for being up with the times, which I feel I usually am! I just downloaded the video for "All the Things She Said", and I was like oooooo...that song. :rolleyes: I've obviously heard it before, and yeah it's catchy, but had know clue about the history of it or the girls who sang it, I always thought it was just (1)another pop chick trying to break into the game!
They may actually stirr up the proverbial shyte storm, due to the powerful images in the video and the topic, but just like the rest of those groups/bands if they don't follow it up with anything just as powerful or of any substance they will die away with the rest of the one-hit wonders! Hhhmmm... if they are able to retain any staying power, it might be interesting watching them "grow up"!!! ;) Ron Jeremy here we come! :eek:

bobafrett
04-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by The 'Xir
They may actually stirr up the proverbial shyte storm, due to the powerful images in the video and the topic, but just like the rest of those groups/bands if they don't follow it up with anything just as powerful or of any substance they will die away with the rest of the one-hit wonders!

Yes, but if they become one hit wonders, then William Shatner could drudge up this song sevral years from now, on VH1's one hit wonders!

I've never heard of this band other than the fact that they were a couple of Russian girls kissing. If I want to see that, I'll just watch late night Cinemax, at least the girls there aren't singing.

notafinga
04-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Falco died many years ago in a car accident. :(

:( omigosh! Really, Caesar? I had no idea.

2-1B
04-13-2003, 11:52 PM
Yes notafinga. :( I believe it was in 1998. He was about 41 years old.

I just did a search, and the best site I could find claims he moved from Austria to the Dominican Republic in 1996, and died 2 years later.
Most of the good sites I found are in German, of which I know only a little . . . but the 1998 part seems to be accurate.

James Boba Fettfield
04-13-2003, 11:57 PM
It's here (http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=159538) about his death.

plasticfetish
04-17-2003, 05:49 AM
I'm all for this teenage girl pop-star thing. It's high time that we did away with all the ugly old men and pushed for more of these Avril Lavignes T.A.T.U.s and whatever it is they do.

LTBasker
04-17-2003, 06:47 AM
TATU PHOTO SHOOT OUTRAGE

Lesbian pop stars Tatu have sparked outrage - by calling for young schoolgirls to join them in a mass naked photo shoot.

The Russian pair, both 18, plan to use the picture on the cover of their next album.

They want girl fans as young as 14 to take part, The Sun says.

Fourteen is the legal age of consent in Russia. In Britain it is 16.

A Tatu spokesman said: "We are looking for the most beautiful, coolest, cleverest and youngest girls."

The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children branded the move an "irresponsible publicity stunt".

A spokesman said: "We strongly urge young girls not to send naked photographs of themselves."

Last Updated: 11:05 UK, Wednesday April 16, 2003
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-12288267,00.htm

Dunno about the rest of you, but I hope their career dies soon after this. Not only is it just wrong, it's also supportive of pedophilia.

I like how they also added:

A Tatu spokesman said: "We are looking for the most beautiful, coolest, cleverest and youngest girls."

Or in simpler terms: No dogs allowed. Also "clever"? Sounds like they're not just going for basic poses either.

Just supporting the fact that it's just for an easy career booster. It's been said it could just be a gimmick and that their actual cover won't even be close, but either way it's pretty frickin sad.

Fulit
04-17-2003, 10:17 AM
Well, why post when LTBasker just said everything I was going to say, almost exactly.

TATU=marketing gimmick + they are kinda ugly + the whole "14 year old" thing creeps me out.

In the words of Barney Gumble, "Go back to Russia!"

plasticfetish
04-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Oh, c'mon Grandma ... it's all nonsense isn't it?

A. Their music is garbage.
B. They're (probably) adults ... I think their bios said that they're 18 and 19 (which means that they're both really closing in on 30.) So the whole schoolgirl thing is just an act.
C. They aren't ugly. I completely defy any of you to explain what you think is "ugly" about these two ... "oh, I think it's ugly when two flirty young girls prance around in their underpants together."
D. Did that article quoted above mention "The Sun" as a source? Is that the British tabloid The Sun? Ooh, good source. Well ... the Weekly World News just told me that they found oil on the moon, so I'm pretty excited about that too. (Umm ... yes, don't believe the hype.)
E. It looks as though the iron curtain had a purpose ... to protect us from pervy Russian girl bands.

JEDIpartner
04-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Rock Me Amedaus...great tune

So was "Der Kommisar" and "Vienna Calling"... oooh... and that creepy "Jenny" song!

t.A.T.u. - got a free copy of the CD... the songs are more interesting in their original Russian versions. Their voices are too high and they get on my nerves after more than three songs or so...

Otherwise... it's just another marketing scheme and I don't really care about the gimmick.

Lobito
04-17-2003, 02:57 PM
I havent seen those girls, why dont you write down a link so we can see them...

Patient Zero
04-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Here you go. http://www.tatugirls.com/

I know that people sell themselves through sex all the time but this seems a bit over played.

mylow thehutt
04-17-2003, 10:24 PM
I found a interview about them and they stated there not ***,they just love each other,I think a very very much is needed.

Amy
04-17-2003, 11:10 PM
I've never seen the video, and really would have never heard about them at all if it where not for my friends talking about them once. I dont watch that much tv I reckon.

How old are they anyway? I dont even know what they look like lol.

mylow thehutt
04-18-2003, 11:31 AM
There 18 and 17 years old named Julia and Lena,Lena being the oldest shes the one with red hair and Julia is the one with black hair.:stupid: What??:stupid:

Lobito
04-22-2003, 04:01 PM
They could be in a sequel to "Interview with the vampire".

Thanks for the picks Jonna and Mylow!!:D

bobafrett
04-22-2003, 04:09 PM
There are more risque' pictures in this months Maxim magazine. I wouldn't have noticed, but when I was standing in line, they had a sticker on the front talking about the pictures inside. One of them appears to be topless but facing away from the camera.
Still haven't heard any of their songs.

RooJay
04-24-2003, 08:58 PM
I am happy to admit that I have never heard any of their music either, and hopefully I will manage to completely miss out on their fleeting fame just as I managed to do with that "Las Ketchup" crap everyone was talking about a ways back!:happy:
The music industry needs far fewer "new Macarenas" if'n ya ask me!;)

plasticfetish
04-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Whoah! Is T.A.T.U. still around? That was so last week.