PDA

View Full Version : Does the new Ultimate Bounty 4 pack give us a hint?

TheDarthVader
04-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Looking at the upcoming pictures of the Ultimate Bounty four pack, I happen to come about a hypothesis. I believe that Lucas will add Aurra Sing into ESB when the bounty hunters are gathered at the SD bridge. This will popularize her character a little more. What do you think? After all, the other 3 bounty hunters are from ESB and it would not make since to add Sing to that particular group...(IG-88, Bossk, and Boba Fett). Why not add Zuckuss, 4-Lom, or Dengar?? Hmmmmm ;)

LTBasker
04-12-2003, 10:48 PM
Yes, and then she hops on her Swoop, blasts a hole in the bridge of the Destroyer, rides out after the Falcon with Durge (her lover) flying beside her. Vader then goes "yipeeeeee!!!" and runs around like a 7 year old giving people wedgies.

Jerjerrod
04-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Hahaha! :D I don't know her history, but I don't think she's Yoda. How can she live for so long? I just thought she was put in the Ultimate Bounty just because she's a bounty hunter, nothing more. Yes, I'd much rather Hasbro put a resculpt 4-LOM or Dengar, that woulda been sweet. I guess if they had done that, they wouldn't have an excuse to release that swoop bike.

But maybe, Aurra Sing gets a bigger role in Episode 3, as the twin sister of the Sith Witch's mother! ;)

Jerjerrod
04-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Speaking of whom, look what I found on Aurra Sing at Red6:

Originally posted on Red6
Aurra Sing (au-rah Sing)
Unknown female- Former student of the Jedi, she failed the Jedi tests and turned evil. She now hunts Jedi for sport, keeping their lightsabers as trophies. Her most recent battle was with the jedi master, Ki-Adi-Mundi after she slaughtered Sharad Hett on Tatooine.
Played by: Michonne Bourriague

Maybe she "IS" the Sith Witch! :D

Sentinel18725
04-13-2003, 01:07 AM
I believe the bounty hunter set is supposed to represent a cross section of figures over the series. I'm supprised that they didn't sink Bossk and put in ANOTHER Jango Fett. 300 Boba is good but not posable at all.

TheDarthVader
04-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Well, I was thinking that since Aurra Sing hunts jedi she would be interested in pursuing the Falcon because of her hate. Vader lives from ep1 to ep6, so its not impossible for Sing to live that long...to ep5, that is. Think what you want, but it was just a hypothesis. ;) I do think she'll have a bigger in ep3.

evenflow
04-14-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Yes, and then she hops on her Swoop, blasts a hole in the bridge of the Destroyer, rides out after the Falcon with Durge (her lover) flying beside her. Vader then goes "yipeeeeee!!!" and runs around like a 7 year old giving people wedgies.

You heard that too. Damn I though i was the only one. :crazed: :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I could actually see her added into ESB.

JEDIpartner
04-14-2003, 08:12 AM
I couldn't... I see her aging a little more than not. Maybe they could get the actress who played "Jira" to dress up like Aurra and stand in for ESB. :D

Old Fossil
04-14-2003, 09:25 AM
I kind of hope they don't add Sing to ESB. Seems like that would raise too many unanswerable questions; and I don't see how adding her in would help the film and/or storyline. Boba Fett suffices to give the bounty hunters a connection to the Prequels.

JEDIpartner
04-14-2003, 10:02 AM
I really don't think they will add her to the OT... that would just be silly.

I just think this was a way of putting Aurra back on the shelves with her swoopbike and that people would get it. Chances are... if they HAD just put Aurra and her swoopbike out without the inclusion of the other bounty hunters, it would have just completely stalled on the shelves.

Beast
04-14-2003, 10:10 AM
I think it just represents the figures that don't really need resculpting. Where as Dengar, 4-LOM, and even Zuckess to a smaller extent could use a new resculpt. Boosk sort of could, but not nearly as badly as Dengar and 4-LOM. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
04-14-2003, 11:20 AM
I'm sorry TheDarthVader, but thats the stupidest hypothesis I've ever heard.

Next, Mace Windu is going to pop up on Dagobah and yell to Yoda "Suprise, I'm alive! And I'm your new room mate!"

I hate to say it, but I don't think we'll see Aura Sing again.

Beast
04-14-2003, 11:26 AM
I don't think she'll pop again either, except in the EU. She was replaced by Zam Wessel in E2, who is a much more intresting charecter. Both charecter and design wise. I really hate the design of Aurra. It's like a cenobite going to an aerobics class, with that freaky leotard of her's. Seriously, what kind of Bounty Hunter wears a bright orange leotard. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
04-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Yes, but if you look at her from the backside, she has a really cute butt!

I wouldn't put it past George Lucas though to have her digitally placed on the bridge behind the other Bounty Hunters.

Honestly though, I think it's just supposed to represent a cross section of Bounty hunters from all the movies, as was mentioned a few posts back.

bobafrett
04-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I It's like a cenobite going to an aerobics class, with that freaky leotard of her's. Seriously, what kind of Bounty Hunter wears a bright orange leotard. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Maybe a Bounty Hunter who is hunting for deer in the Northwoods of Wisconsin! It's a form fitting leotard, for a Bounty Hunter who is in the movie for what, maybe three seconds? Blink, and you'll miss her!

OC47150
04-14-2003, 12:24 PM
Aurra Sing also leads aerobics classes at the mall when she's not hunting down Jedi.

DarthChuckMc
04-14-2003, 12:28 PM
I think the hint is..

We have all these old molds for figures, let save some money and pump out more. Those collectors will buy anything we throw at them. Oh, give them a retooled swoop for the hell of it.

TheDarthVader
04-14-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
I think the hint is..

We have all these old molds for figures, let save some money and pump out more. Those collectors will buy anything we throw at them. Oh, give them a retooled swoop for the hell of it.

haha! :D good one. I have to admit, I believe I was mistaken. I believe DarthChuckMc just hit the nail on the head.

Turbowars
04-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
haha! :D good one. I have to admit, I believe I was mistaken. I believe DarthChuckMc just hit the nail on the head. I don't just believe it, I KNOW HE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!! The set basically sucks for the collector that started from 95 and back, but for the newbies it cool I guess. It's just another way for hasbro to cut corners. As for the other sets, they are a bit cooler.

QLD
04-14-2003, 08:51 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA.....

Add Aurra Sing to ESB. That is hilarious. :crazed:

Next you're gonna tell me that Lucas will make Greedo shoot first in ANH. I mean come on.....it'll NEVER happen. Lucas repects the integrity of the original trilogy too much to go about changing things.......

:dead:

DarthChuckMc
04-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Adding Aurra to ESB might not be THAT bad, so long as they don't edit out another bounty hunter to make way for her like they did in the cantina with Lak Sivrak. Just leave the "old" guys in there, and I'll be a happy Star Geek.

TheDarthVader
04-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Well, that is what I was hoping for. If he does add her in (to tie the classic trilogy with the prequels), I am pretty sure he wouldn't take out one of the original bounty hunters. I just think that there is enough "space" in some of the ESB bounty hunter scenes that would allow for her to be added in. It is just a small idea. Who knows what Lucas will do for the archival editions...???????????? :confused:

Turbowars
04-15-2003, 06:19 PM
by Lando in my Pants

Lucas repects the integrity of the original trilogy too much to go about changing things.......

I hope you are joking, Lucas has lost just about all integrity of the OT. Oh and whats up with your name? I don't think I'd want Lando in my pants, LOL

Jargo
04-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Why on earth would he choose to use a one bit player in the background to segue into the OT? I would think that perhaps using a character like padme somewhere, just a hint in a hologram picture in the background might be feasible or even plausible but using Aurra 'I don't do nothin' Sing is just a silly idea.

A shot of the ruined jedi temple in the end celebrations on coruscant in ROTJ might work because it's just background but putting some character from the PT into the classic trilogy is just going to look so out of place because the designs don't gel. They just won't jive with each other. Like if george pastes the newer alien masks over the top of the OT masks that didn't really look too convincing, say ponda baba, it'll stick in peoples craw but mostly be accepted. but if george goes and has a Dug propping up the bar of the cantina that'll look bad. I mean the Ketwol thing was bad enough because it stuck out like a sore thumb. Pasting Aurra 'I don't do nothin' Sing onto the Super star destroyer bridge next to boba fett will just look sooooo naff. Like adding someone else into the portrait of the Mona lisa. bad bad bad.

As far as these sets go I think Aurra is a bad choice because the backstory to dengar is that he too rode a swoop so a resculpt of him with a new tweaked swoop bike would have been cool. Aurra reminds me too much of one of the outfits that Pink wore in some video. Not to mention that her overly short legs annoy me. And the long fingers thing was just really contrived innthe same way that star trek has the contrived boney forehead make-up to denote an alien lifeform. Really unimaginative and not well concieved. She belonged in the background as just a pod race spectator and then this EU rubbish bolstered her up to this stupid level in the mythos of star wars that she just doesn't deserve. Getting a figure of her once was bad enough when we could have had something better sooner, and now we get her a second time where we could have had something better. She just won't lie down and die the death of the rubbish idea will she.

QLD
04-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Uh yeah.....it was a joke.....I thought I was dripping in sarcasm..... oh well.

Oh, and I have the spirit of Lando in my pants. Wanna see?

Turbowars
04-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
Uh yeah.....it was a joke.....I thought I was dripping in sarcasm..... oh well.

Oh, and I have the spirit of Lando in my pants. Wanna see? LOL, it's been a long day. After I posted I reread it. Oh and I rather not see your lando spirt in your pants.

Jayspawn
04-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Let's not give George any reason to re-edit the original trilogy. Let them be!

TheDarthVader
04-16-2003, 12:21 PM
I'm not sayin' that I think she should be added... I am just sayin' that the way Lucas likes to add things, he might add her in!! If she has a bigger role in ep3...like I am thinking. So, I wanted to suggest the possibility. Surely there will be "new" elements added to the archival editions. And it is kinda scary to think of what he might do to the OT. ;) (like this "Sing" thing)