PDA

View Full Version : Middle East Collectors?

RussUAE
04-13-2003, 05:44 AM
Couldn't find a better place to post this?

So, am I the only collector in the Middle East? Sure seems that way at times.

Have to buy virtually everything online - mainly from UK or European websites.

Does anyone else have to buy everything online? Where you based? Anyone got any places which are better than others for ordering from?

sicqnus
04-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Hi RussUAE,

As any of European collectors I use the web as often as possible to complete my collection. My preferred European places are R2Dtoys.com (UK) and TheToyShop.com (UK). These two websites are way cooool, lots of figures, cool prices. You just have to be careful with the shipping rates at TheToyShop.com but you can make very good deals there.
Hope this could help.
I'm located in Paris and there is nothing really interesting here because the prices are very high.

187-Maul
04-13-2003, 01:54 PM
I live in the suburbs of Paris, France and I usualy buy my stuff at www.toy-palace.de great site, although I think I'll try R2Dtoys soon cause the prices are a bit better there
the last thing I bought here in France was actually some weeks ago, it was GR Mace Windu for 5 euros on discount at toysrus

RussUAE
04-15-2003, 11:37 PM
Yes, I buy a lot through TP and R2Dt. They offer pretty good service and it seems to only take a week to arrive generally. Might give thetoyshop a try though - thanks.

We have a smallish Toys R US here, but there is no star wars stuff in it anymore.

Capitan_Moroni
04-17-2003, 12:14 PM
I've got a question. When you guys type on here do you type in French/Arabic or english? Also, do other peoples posts come up as French/Arabic, or in english?

187-Maul
04-20-2003, 11:49 AM
I ype in english ans see everything in english
I don't know if some sort of auto-translator is even possible (BTW then it would actually be german for me, I'm german but live in france)

Capitan_Moroni
04-20-2003, 01:29 PM
danke 187-Maul

RussUAE
04-21-2003, 06:57 AM
I type in English, cos I am English. I would doubt there is any kind of auto translator, certainly everything shows up in English here despite coming through Arabic internet providers.

I tried typing in Arabic, but it doesn't recognise the characters on here and just comes out as gibberish.

Capitan_Moroni
04-21-2003, 05:33 PM
ahh, I see, thanks for responding. How do you type in Aarabic on here? The characters are completly diffrent arent they?

RussUAE
04-21-2003, 11:58 PM
Yep, completely different. But keyboards here are kinda weird, all have regular letters and Arabic ones too. But if I use them on here it just comes out as:

متوفر باللغات