PDA

View Full Version : Knight Rider

James Boba Fettfield
04-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Well guys, Knight Rider finally has some writers on board to bring the flick to the big screen. Jedi Knight Rider, if only you were still on these boards to read this. ;)

Variety reports that the wheels are in motion on Revolution Studios' big screen adaptation of the 1980s TV show Knight Rider.

The studio has hired writers David Elliott and Paul Lovett to pen the script for the pic, which is being planned as an action comedy.

The TV series ran on NBC from 1982 to 1986, revolving around David Hasselhoff's Michael Knight and his talking car K.I.T.T., a sleek black Pontiac Trans Am, as they fight crime.

Elliott and Lovett are also writing Revolution's comedy Neighborhood Watch. Hassellhoff will executive produce the new film.

Knight Rider (http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/archive/fullnews.cgi?newsid1050297320,9829,)

Rogue II
04-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Shoot me now.

Do they still make movies that aren't tv shows or prequels/sequels to previously released movies?

darthvyn
04-14-2003, 12:21 PM
WOOOOO!!! ;)

so, is this the same project that was rumored a while ago, super knight rider 3000? where micheal knight is unfrozen in the future to save his son from bad guys? or is this a new movie treatment?

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0280130

hasselhoff!

Rogue II
04-14-2003, 12:34 PM
Uh-oh, my spidersenses are tingling....do I detect another round of Hasselhoff avatars?

James Boba Fettfield
04-14-2003, 12:38 PM
I think the meeting at the studio occurred similar to what happened with Ron Howard:

Ron: And it grows, to a powerful, emotional climax when the father has to choose which one of his children will live and which one will die.
Grazer: Pass. What else you got?
Ron: Well, well, there is this one thing. It's about a killer robot driving instructor that travels back in time for some reason.
Grazer: I'm listening.
Ron: Okay, okay, well, you see this robot, he's got a heartbreaking decision to make about whether his best friend lives or dies.
Grazer: Eh.
Ron: His best friend's a talking pie!
Grazer: Sold! Howard, you've done it again!

Expect something along those lines for this films plot.
Thanks be to The Simpsons for that one.

notafinga
04-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Now if they dust off William Katt and revive The Greatest American Hero for the big screen i'll be the first in line...

BELIEVE IT OR NOT
I'M WALKING ON AIR
I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD BE SO...
FREE...HEEE..HEEEE

FLYING AWAY
A WING AND A PRAYER
WHO COULD IT BE?
BELIEVE IT OR NOT
IT'S JUST ME...:D

darthvyn
04-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
I think the meeting at the studio occurred similar to what happened with Ron Howard:

Ron: And it grows, to a powerful, emotional climax when the father has to choose which one of his children will live and which one will die.
Grazer: Pass. What else you got?
Ron: Well, well, there is this one thing. It's about a killer robot driving instructor that travels back in time for some reason.
Grazer: I'm listening.
Ron: Okay, okay, well, you see this robot, he's got a heartbreaking decision to make about whether his best friend lives or dies.
Grazer: Eh.
Ron: His best friend's a talking pie!
Grazer: Sold! Howard, you've done it again!

Expect something along those lines for this films plot.
Thanks be to The Simpsons for that one.

you forgot the best part...

freeze frame on ron holding two huge bags of money... cue "happy days" theme song...

:D

who knows, rogue II... the hassel'tars might rise again... :evil:

Kidhuman
04-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by notafinga
Now if they dust off William Katt and revive The Greatest American Hero for the big screen i'll be the first in line...

BELIEVE IT OR NOT
I'M WALKING ON AIR
FREE...HEEE..HEEEE

FLYING AWAY
A WING AND A PRAYER
WHO COULD IT BE?
BELIEVE IT OR NOT

That was a great show. They should make it a movie or at least give it another run on TV.

As for Knight Rider.......

Originally posted by Rogue II
Shoot me now.

Dr Zoltar
04-14-2003, 05:04 PM
Some 80's shows just need to stay dead. Caught the Hunter movie yesterday. Man oh man...How did they ever get the green light to a Hunter movie? The acting was bad...real bad. Like everyone went to the Joey Tribbiani school of acting -- "Just look like you're concentrating really hard whenever you speak."

Exhaust Port
04-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Sweet!!! I'll be sure to see this! Time to break out my Members Only jacket.

scruffziller
04-15-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by notafinga

BELIEVE IT OR NOT
I'M WALKING ON AIR
FREE...HEEE..HEEEE

FLYING AWAY
A WING AND A PRAYER
WHO COULD IT BE?
BELIEVE IT OR NOT

HECK YEA!!!!! I"LL GO SEE IT!!!

PLEASE BRING A BAYWATCH NIGHTS MOVIE!!!!!!:crazed:

smurfvader
04-15-2003, 05:56 PM
so, is this the same project that was rumored a while ago, super knight rider 3000? where micheal knight is unfrozen in the future to save his son from bad guys? or is this a new movie treatment?

That was the plot (sort of) of the previous Knight rider film. Michael is unfrozen, Kitt was dimantled, but his circutry(personality) was saved at the last minute and put into a brand new red Trans-am. Did they re-freeze him at the end? What about Team Knight Rider, I never liked the show, but I seem to recall the final episode had them meeting Michael. Did they kill Mike's evil twin Garth on the show? If not that's what we need to see more of, David Hasselhoff in a goatee. :crazed:

I'd love to see this. Maybe him passing the suit on to his son or maybe at the end getting yet another instruction manual.

JIm

JediTricks
04-16-2003, 03:02 AM
Knight Rider 2000 didn't have Michael frozen, he had retired, only to rejoin the foundation when they needed him again to save the new program. KITT had been sold off for scrap long before and one of his chips had been put into a cop who had been betrayed and shot in the head - eventually, Michael put KITT's core memory back together and then into the foundation's new supercar, a red Pontiac Banshee (actually a Mitsubishi retooled to look like a Banshee). The movie ended with Devon being killed, the ex-cop working with KITT, and Michael re-retiring though clearly it was meant to suggest he'd make guest appearances on the show it was meant to spawn.

KR2000 is considered not Knight Rider canon though.

The last ep of TKR, which I believe was a cliffhanger, had the team finally meeting Michael at his own grave (though he had once again been given a new face through the miracles of plastic surgery - perhaps this was supposed to be the face he had before he was turned from Michael Long into Michael Knight) while trying to track down the stolen core systems from the then-retired KITT.

I believe Garthe (the true son of Wilton Knight and whose facial features - sans "evil" facial hair - were given to police detective Michael Long who was at death's door when he had his face blown off by criminals who left him for dead and was saved by the FLAG who gave him a replacement face to become the embodiment of Wilton Knight's dream) was killed when Goliath and KITT forced each other off a huge cliff - KITT and Michael barely survived thanks to a new parachute attachment.

Exhaust Port
04-16-2003, 08:50 AM
Garth. :rolleyes: Evil Micheal was hilarious! That was the best 2-episodes of Knight Rider ever.

Arrogant Arse
04-16-2003, 01:48 PM
I think a Knight Rider movie will be HUGE in Germany (GERMANS LOVE DAVID HASSLEHOFF!!)

It will be big here too, because, to quote "I Love the 80's" on VH1, "David Hasslehoff can turn any pile of crap into a hit!"

JON9000
04-16-2003, 03:15 PM
So this is why evil Cartman, evil Stan, and evil kyle all had goatees in that Halloween episode of south Park. Sometimes the popculture references are deeply imbedded indeed.

Who would have thought of some tv KR movie?

JediTricks
04-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Garthe's evil facial hair in the 4 eps he was in (2 2parters) - as well as the mirror universe on South Park's characters all having this - is an homage to the classic Star Trek episode "Mirror, Mirror".

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2003, 08:29 PM
That's what I was thinking. Remember Spock with goatee!

Exhaust Port
04-16-2003, 11:24 PM
I'm a bbaaaaaddddd man! :D

http://members.fortunecity.com/knightriders/garthe.JPG

JON9000
04-19-2003, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah, remember that one too. That was actually a great episode. Evil Spock was awesome. That makes more sense I suppose.

Darth Shifty
05-02-2003, 03:53 PM
Ashton Kutcher is reportedly the star of the Knightrider movie adaptation.

Who can come up with the best Dude, Where's My Car joke?

Patient Zero
05-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Oh no! Here comes my lunch!

:o
^
%
@
#
&

Hey look! I don't remember eating that!

Eternal Padawan
05-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Well, we won't have to worry about an Invasion of the Kutcher'tars at least.

Long Live David Hasslehoff!

So who's doing the voice of K.I.T.T. ?

Darth Shifty
05-02-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
Oh no! Here comes my lunch!

:o
^
%
@
#
&

Hey look! I don't remember eating that!

How many times have I told you not to eat ampersands! Those are not food! Bad Jonna!

JediTricks
05-03-2003, 06:33 AM
Kutcher in Knight Rider... that's it, Hollywood must be burned to the ground and salt must be plowed through its soil to ensure that no more twisted garbage like this could grow again for 50 years at least!!!!