PDA

View Full Version : Coolest Alien Species in any film

JON9000
04-14-2003, 01:41 PM
Star Wars has a number of inventive alien species, most of them seem to be derived from some variety of earth life (hence names lie Walrusman, Squidhead, etc.)

What is your favorite alien species from any movie?

I am a fan of the Spacing Guild Alien from David Lynch's Dune Film- for those who may remember, it was the big ugly thing that arrived before the emperor in a tank flushed with spice. It looked truly alien and needed its environment maintained against the outside elements. That is what I would expect a real alien to need. Oh well.

Who else has a favorite?

Patient Zero
04-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Funny thing is that I find aliens like Plo Koon and Zuckuss the coolest. The fact that you can't see their whole face makes them mysterious and lets your imagination take over. As for other Scifi movies nothing really stands out in my mind.

darthvyn
04-14-2003, 02:23 PM
klingons are cool.

the aliens in the abyss are really interesting...

arachnids in starship troopers

i'll let someone else go now...

El Chuxter
04-14-2003, 03:08 PM
The Predator is way up there in my book. I also like Jawas, dewbacks, Wookiees, Teek!, Aliens (were these ever actually given a name?), and the Martians from Mars Attacks!

Patient Zero
04-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Ummm ya! How could I forget Aliens and Predator!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-14-2003, 03:42 PM
The orginal Alien design I love and the big mama of all of them, the Queen Alien

The Predator for sure

Sil from Species 1

and of course my star wars favorites
Amanaman, Nabron Leids, Hammerhead, Duros, Tusken Raiders, Sy, Max and Droopy, Ephant and best of all

WOOKIES

PoggleTheGreater
04-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Hutts are pretty cool

James Boba Fettfield
04-14-2003, 03:56 PM
I liked the aliens from They Live, and those killer klowns from outer space.

Pendo
04-14-2003, 04:47 PM
I LOVE the Polymorpyh from Red Dwarf. Ok thechnically Red Dwarf is not a movie, and the polymorph is not an alien (it's a GELF - a man made creature) but still what other creatures can transform themselves into shrinking boxer shorts, kebabs, fluffy white bunny rabbits and an 8 foot armour plated killing monster that feeds on people's emotions :p.

PENDO!

Eternal Padawan
04-14-2003, 06:34 PM
Vrusk. From the old Star Frontiers game from TSR. Okay, okay, technically not a movie alien, but still the coolest alien species I've ever seen. AND if they made this into a movie you'd get dralasites, Sathar, and the cool winged monkeys that all had to wear Oakleys. ;) (What were they called again?)

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Exhaust Port
04-14-2003, 09:41 PM
H.R. Gigers Alien

Invid: Robotech Southern Cross

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Prot, aka: Kevin Spacey in "K-Pax"!!! :D

stillakid
04-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Marvin the Martian! :D

Deoxyribonucleic
04-14-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Marvin the Martian! :D

I will shoot you with my F1 Space Modulayy - tor

I have a tattoo of that lil fella, forgot aboot 'im :)

does Pinhead and the orginal centobites count as aliens? IF so, I pick them too.

PoggleTheGreater
04-14-2003, 11:58 PM
Maggie as Marge's illegitamate half alien child.

Tonysmo
04-15-2003, 02:40 AM
um... HELLO..... WOOKIES RULE!!

some of the MIB aliens were pretty cool. Plo Kloon gave a sorta "nice" predator feel.. Kit Fisto is another great looking alien. Nothing beats Hammerhead though..

now.. start a thread on KICK BUTT Robots.. IG-88 of course. but anyone remember Maximillion? truely a killer robot..

Deoxyribonucleic
04-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo

now.. start a thread on KICK BUTT Robots.. IG-88 of course. but anyone remember Maximillion? truely a killer robot..

Maximillion from The Black Hole right?

Yoda's a pretty darn cool alien too!

Kidhuman
04-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
H.R. Gigers Alien

Invid: Robotech Southern Cross

Invid was New generation wasn't it? I thought it was the masters in Southern Cross.

Invid were definitely cool looking. I also liked the aliens from Alien movies.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2003, 12:54 PM
A big bunch of fluffy, cuddly tribbles...

...more like a big bunch of fluffy, cuddly tribbles being eaten by the Queen Alien. :)

Dr Zoltar
04-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Vrusk. From the old Star Frontiers game from TSR. Okay, okay, technically not a movie alien, but still the coolest alien species I've ever seen. AND if they made this into a movie you'd get dralasites, Sathar, and the cool winged monkeys that all had to wear Oakleys. ;) (What were they called again?)

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Oh yeah! Used to play this myself. A very, very odd RPG. How about the 2nd edition where TSR came up with see-through human alien beings.

Anakin2121
04-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
The Predator is way up there in my book. Aliens (were these ever actually given a name?),

The Aliens were friggin' awesome, and were named Xenomorphs. The Predators are freakin' awesome too, and are called the Yautja.
:)

Exhaust Port
04-15-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Invid was New generation wasn't it? I thought it was the masters in Southern Cross.

Your right. I just finished watching Southern Cross, it must be stuck in my head.

Lman316
04-15-2003, 03:28 PM
I think that we can all agree that the best alien species from any movie would have to be...

the aliens from Killer Clowns From Outer Space.

:D.

End...:p

Tonysmo
04-16-2003, 01:22 AM
yeah - the black hole is correct....

Its a wonder little kids and even some adults have a fear of clowns after that movie... very cool aliens indeed

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Lman316
the aliens from Killer Clowns From Outer Space.

It's Killer Klowns!

Darth Jax
04-16-2003, 10:39 PM
it was the clown from IT and poltergeist that scared me as a child.

my fave star wars alien is the Chewbacca - what a wookie.

fave aliens from other movies - kim basinger and gotta give a shout out to howard the duck.

Lman316
04-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
It's Killer Klowns!

Dang, I knew I should have checked that before I hit submit.
But there's no reason to yell at me....:cry:

End...

stillakid
04-18-2003, 11:26 AM
Oh, man. I forgot these guys! The Yip-Yips!

James Boba Fettfield
04-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
Dang, I knew I should have checked that before I hit submit.
But there's no reason to yell at me....:cry:

End...
It's ok Lman, you're the first person I've seen mention the Klowns here, so I'll give you an A for effort. Here's an emoticon to patch things up: :kiss:

aceguide
04-18-2003, 02:21 PM
The bad guys from the 5th Element. The Singer lady too. Come to think of it - all the alien creatures in that flick rocked. Too bad I can't name a one of them...

stillakid
04-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by aceguide
The bad guys from the 5th Element. The Singer lady too. Come to think of it - all the alien creatures in that flick rocked. Too bad I can't name a one of them...

The Diva Plavalaguna

Ruby Rhod/Loc Rhod

Mangalores

Mondoshawan

darthvyn
04-18-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Oh, man. I forgot these guys! The Yip-Yips!

that's awesome!

what about the koozbanians?

"galeoooooh!"

"HOOP! HOOP!"

187-Maul
04-20-2003, 01:26 PM
there are too many to be named but some of my favorites are:

HR Giger's Aliens
Predator
Plo Koon's Race

Prince Xizor
04-20-2003, 02:56 PM
How has nobody said The BORG yet?

What an awesome race. They assimilate anybody and everybody, once they get shot or killed by a certain weapon, within minutes the rest of them are immune to that weapon. And their Borg Cube is once meancing ship.

The Borg rule.

scruffziller
04-21-2003, 12:58 PM
For me it is a toss up between The Borg and the Rancor.

Lobito
04-28-2003, 03:55 PM
For creatures it would be the Sando Aquamonster with the Rancor.

For intelligent lifeforms its a tie between Darth Maul and The predator.

Now, if u saw MIB....take a pick!!:D

mrmiller
04-29-2003, 09:53 AM
Is the Borg really a race? Or an assimilation of races? That would be like saying Cowboy's or somthing were your favorite race.

My fav is the Alien from Species- when she is not an alien! But in all seriousness, Gieger's aliens just flat out rule.

=MATT=

scruffziller
04-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by mrmiller
Is the Borg really a race? Or an assimilation of races? That would be like saying Cowboy's or somthing were your favorite race.

That is true.:eek:

TheDarthVader
04-29-2003, 10:50 PM
What about those "things" from the movie Cocoon?? Those were really cool. What about E.T. ? He was awesome!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
What about E.T. ? He was awesome!

I agree that he was awesome, but IMO, I don't think he was COOOOOOL looking like Giger's Alien or Pinhead, etc. 'Cept when he was drinking coors. ;) Then he was a REAL cool cucumber! :crazed:

I love ET though, my second fav movie (4th really) next to SW OT!

:)

JediCole
05-01-2003, 12:07 AM
I will have to come on board in agreement with many here, H.R. Giger's Aliens are amoungst the best ever!

And as for Star Wars aliens, the Ithorians (Hammerheads) were amoungst my earliest favorites and always will remain thus. Of course the arrival of the Twilleks (Oola, Bib Fortuna, etc.) added a new favorite! You can't go wrong with an alien race sporting such a rainbow of hot babes!

I will have to wrack my memories for more and will poste them soon.

TheDarthVader
05-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Do the aliens from the Simpsons count? Those guys are cool. I know, I know...the simpsons is tv not film but those 2 green guys are soooooo coooool!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
05-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
Do the aliens from the Simpsons count? Those guys are cool. I know, I know...the simpsons is tv not film but those 2 green guys are soooooo coooool!!!

Kang and Kodos! ;)

I think anything counts in large amounts

;)

Patient Zero
05-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
I think anything counts in large amounts

;)

All for themselves - after all ;)

Deoxyribonucleic
05-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
All for themselves - after all ;)

Perfect!!! ;) :D

Another cool alien species are the Cardasians from Star Trek...I like their face "implants"

Patient Zero
05-02-2003, 01:32 PM
I don't know! I'm kind of partial to the monster from Terrorvision.

El Chuxter
07-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Mac from Mac and Me, and Spewie from Get a Life (if TV shows count).

Rocketboy
07-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Howard the Duck.

Or Gungans.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Do the aliens from the Simpsons count? Those guys are cool. I know, I know...the simpsons is tv not film but those 2 green guys are soooooo coooool!!!By in the future of 2010, the years after we made The Simpson's Movie, they'd count.

I would go with Barf. I mean, think about it; he's half dog, half man. He's his own best friend.

bigbarada
07-02-2010, 12:22 PM
My #1 favorite aliens species of all time goes to Klatooinians (Barada, Kithaba, Umpass Stay, Tarados Gon). No big surprise there,

Also:
Gamorreans
Wookiees
Tradoshans
Green Nikto (Klaatus)
Chevin (Ephant Mon)
Ewoks
Mon Calamari
Corellians ;)

Most of my favorite aliens come from Star Wars, specifically ROTJ, which is the primary reason I like Star Wars so much.

Non-Star Wars alien species:
Andorians
Romulans (except I hated how they were portrayed in Star Trek:TNG, everyone wearing the same outfit and having the same haircut is lame)

JimJamBonds
07-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Spewie from Get a Life (if TV shows count).

Who/what was Spewie? I loved GaL when it was on!

Blue2th
07-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Don't know about the coolest, but the Kilrathi sure are ugly

http://www.wcnews.com/newshots/full/kilrathi_animatronic1.jpg

Phantom-like Menace
07-05-2010, 12:43 AM
As far as strictly movies go, I'll be unoriginal and say Predators.

Otherwise, my favorite aliens in any medium would be the Shofixti from Star Control II. It was always bitter sweet to blow one of them up. On one hand you killed the little guy. On the other hand, he really wanted the glory.

jonthejedi
07-09-2010, 03:48 PM
District 9.