PDA

View Full Version : Total Control Obi-Wan & Anakin

BRH0224
04-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Just wondering if anyone would like this 2-pack. I picked up the Mace and it's great! Yes, he has a bar going through him, and rubber arms, but this is actually a cool feature. And the face is the best one yet.

Maybe a Luke/Vader one would also work.

JEDIpartner
04-14-2003, 03:19 PM
IMHO... I hope not... :eek:

but, yes... the face is definitely the best of the Mace figures for the Saga line.

droidekas2
04-14-2003, 04:35 PM
I'll pass on another version of those two. Bring on those characters that have yet to be made.

Turbowars
04-14-2003, 07:02 PM
No thanks, these crappy gimmicks are are trash. It's almost like Hasbro thinks todays kids don't have an imagination. Next thing you know LEGO will start selling PRE built block kits. I call it "The dumbing of America". With that said, yes Mace's face is the best yet;)

LTBasker
04-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind total control figures if they were seperated from the main line, my biggest complaint about the Mace is that we still needed a good version of Mace, but they put out something that is useless unless you play with it. Well I do like to play with my figures, but I would've rather had a nice Mace instead. However, if they made a Total Control line, then that wouldn't take away from the main line. It could be interesting, you could have Jedi and Sith with their sabers, people with two handed gun poses to move and blast around (Boba Fett), Jango with a flame thrower, they could easily do vs. packs. There wouldn't be anything forcing you to buy it since it's a subline, so it could just be fun. Who knows, it could be a good place to get some cloth cloaks or something for other figures.

Though since Hasbro has said no more gimmicks, they would take it too far and not do something right. That's how they should've done the TC Mace in the first place, just as part of a Total Control line. They could cancel the Unleashed line, or merge them into deluxe. ;)

JediTricks
04-14-2003, 09:04 PM
Basker, I made a similar comment about a separated line like this a few weeks ago in a different thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=235564#post235564):

I kinda like this concept, but definitely not for basic figures. I would have liked Deluxe-pricepoint sets of 2 figures with this sort of "Total Control", and have at least one of the figures so you can put the left arm down at the side if you want to because 1-handed saber fighting looks cool.

I could have seen the following sets:
Luke vs Vader ROTJ
Dagobah Vader spirit vs Luke Bespin
Yoda vs Dooku (with extra debris for the battle to make up for tiny Yoda)
Obi-Wan & Anakin (cooperative, not versus)
Maul vs Qui-Gon (with removable Tatooine cloaks)
Mace vs Jango (Jango having Total Control kicking and 2-armed blaster-aiming/shooting)
ANH Obi-Wan vs Ponda Baba (Ponda having Total Control quick-draw and arm-release)

LTBasker
04-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing someone saying that, but I couldn't remember where or who. I'm sure Hasbro won't consider this since they're finally ending the gimmicks, because they do like to make us look like the bad guys. ;)

Actually it'd be the perfect way to keep deluxe going, theres just so many 3-packs they'll be able to make that would actually sell when they turn the deluxe line over to them.

There could also be:

Boba Fett vs. (vested) Jedi Luke
Stormtrooper vs. Rebel Trooper
Snowtrooper vs. Hoth Trooper
Chewie (bowcaster) vs. Imperial Officer (with long rifle)
Jango Fett (flame thrower control with flame effect) and SBD (right arm controlled) as a cooperative against the current TC Mace.

Prince Xizor
04-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Ugh, no. That stupid thing coming out of his back ruins that toy completely. Not that it had a chance anyway, with that stupid sublime smile on his face, like he just had his blood drawn for 12 hours and someone handed him a cookie.

The only good Mace so far is the one that hasn't come out yet, the Jedi Council 3-pack.

stillakid
04-14-2003, 10:39 PM
As a toy, and being that these things are first and foremost toys, I really like Total Control Mace. Granted, the stick thing is an eyesore, but only if you display him so that his back is visible. But this new way of allowing the user to move the arms and saber around beats the living hell out of those useless push buttons and other silly mechanics they've used previously. I'd fully support the use of this "gimmick" whenever a "fighting sculpt" of a figure was made, but at the same time we'd "need" standard figures, sans gimmicks, for other non-combat scenarios. I mean, I'm also really enjoying my Sit-Down Jedi Council Mace Wind... :sur: oh, yeah, maybe that'll come later.

;)

JEDIpartner
04-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Okay... since we are going in that direction... THIS Mace Windu would have been a great addition to a deluxe line. This Mace packed with the Battle Droid or this type of Obi-Wan packed with a Jango would have been great.

So... if they had save this sort of gimmick for the deluxe line... it wouldn't be so bad.

aceguide
04-15-2003, 10:05 AM
I have yet to put my hands on a total control - but from what I have heard around these parts I think it would be lots of fun. I like the idea of 2 packs - heros vs villans type set up.

I think they might benefit from a stand of some sort - that way you could have a duel even without a friend. Otherwise I would think it might be tough to keep them standing.

I am looking forward to getting this figure and seeing for myself. My 6 yr old research team will have something to say about it...