PDA

View Full Version : Putting arms back in, and switching neck-specific heads

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-14-2003, 05:39 PM
While messing with the Nikto and Qui-Gon figures to make customs, I was going to switch their arms. So, I popped put the Nikto's, no problem. When I tried to pull out Qui-Gon's, it started to tear, so I decided to switch hands instead, which I did. However, I can't get the Nikto's arms back in! I shaved a little bit of the peg off, but still can't get them back in. Sugestions?
Also, Qui-Gon's head is hollow and the stick from the body goes into it. The Nikto's head is permanently on a stick (it's one piece). Qui-Gon's head stick won't come out. I want to switch heads, but how? Will it involve gluing them on?
I need help!:(

kdp100
04-15-2003, 05:20 AM
Don't know about using Qui-Gon's torso, but the Nikto's arms fitted nicely onto the trunk of a Weequay:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=2111&password=&sort=7&thecat=500

I've had problems with neck-pegs, too - one Qui-Gon snapped as I was trying to get it out, and some other figures with separate pegs (Ugnaughts, POTF2 AT-AT Driver (from AT-AT)) are very difficult to reassemble after a head-swap.

I think that neck-pegs are made of a slightly harder plastic than the rest of the limbs & head, and need more heating & care when removing them.

Hope this is at least *slightly* helpful...

spacelord
04-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Those neck pegs are difficult to boil and pop. I had to pry open kit fisto to get his neck post out. It is a lot more work than a plain boil/pop, and the risk of damage to the torso is greater. I also tried to drill a hole in the new head for the existing post. It fattened the face up, but it did fit.