PDA

View Full Version : Spirited Away

Eternal Padawan
04-14-2003, 06:57 PM
I could have sworn there was a thread about this already, but I can't seem to find it.

In a word: BIZARRE. :D

Breathtaking visuals. Every frame is packed with so much. I could watch it a dozen more times and see something else to watch.

darthvyn
04-14-2003, 07:05 PM
cool! i'm thinking of picking this up tomorrow, along with the US release of laputa: castle in the sky... i actually started to watch princess mononoke last night, in anticipation. miyazaki is awesome!

i haven't seen spirited away, but with the quality of his other movies, i don't have any problem with buying it sight unseen... now if ony they will release nausicaa... that movie is really cool, too!

Exhaust Port
04-14-2003, 09:42 PM
I'm really intrigued to see this movie. I too may be picking this one up.

scruffziller
04-16-2003, 03:12 PM
It looks like a Japanese version of Alice in Wonderland,

Eternal Padawan
04-17-2003, 05:55 PM
That's been the comparison. I didn't even realize this was coming out on DVD, since I saw it in the theatre last week. But I saw it at Best Buy and splurged. It's definitely worth repeated viewings.

The part where the baby turned into a rat recreates the "breaking of the bad magic" with all the little dust motes is just the funniest, most bizarre thing I have seen on film in years. I couldn't stop laughing when they all started silently cheering! :D

(babies? rats? DUSTMOTES?!? Yeah, I'd say it's pretty safe to assume you'll have to watch it...)

darthvyn
04-17-2003, 08:40 PM
i got it on tues. with castle in the sky. i also picked up the transporter and finally got the band of brothers dvd set...

still haven't even had enough time to open the plastic wrap on SA...

THE Slayer
04-19-2003, 02:16 PM
Spirited away was awsome. I have yet to see castle in the sky what is it like?

El Chuxter
04-21-2003, 03:36 PM
I saw this on Friday, and it's already one of my favorite films of all time, bar none. I watched it in English (I usually prefer to watch cartoons dubbed once before watching them subtitled), and I can't wait to watch it again in Japanese.

No-Face is my new hero.

Eternal Padawan
05-21-2003, 07:56 PM
I just picked up Castle in the Sky. It dragged at the beginning, but got REALLY good at the end.

Dawson (from the Creek) helps Rogue (from the X-Men) defeat the evil Luke Skywalker aboard a giant floating castle full of Iron Giant looking robots! or something...

bobafrett
05-22-2003, 01:13 AM
I wanted to see Spirited Away at the theatre. Does anyone know if it might be released there again? If not, I'd be happy to add this to my DVD collection.