PDA

View Full Version : d&s toys has some star wars micro machines in stock

good shot jansen
11-16-2001, 01:02 PM
they have ep. I mm packs 7, 8, and 9

they have slave I die-cast (one of th tougher ones to get)

they have droid control ship dog fight play set (the only way to get a mm droid fighter)

they have pod race arena (the only way to get aldo beeders pod)

as well as some other interesting stuff.

they are a very reliable and fair on-line dealer for star wasr items.

go visit them at www.dnstoys.com (http://www.dnstoys.com)

also, if you let em know any special requests that you might have, they will e-mail you to let you know if and when they get it! that's how i got the tail end ep. I action fleet, sith infiltrator, droid control ship, royal starship, and att:happy:

good shot jansen
12-03-2001, 02:15 PM
this person (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2129) is selling (among other things) a pod race arena for $4.00. as indicated in the above post, this is the only way to get aldo beeders pod.

jeddah
12-04-2001, 01:43 PM
I know that since the NYC tragedies of 9/11/01, there has been a large internet presence of WTC charity pleas and a great rallying to the cause, and I think it has been a faith-restorer in many cases.

What sickens me is the way as time passes, more and more people are using it for profit. I know the human condition is the human condition, but yesterday in Borders, I saw a 2002 calendar of the twin towers, where one dollar is paid to the charity foundation...... one dollar? The calendars were priced at 8.99 = $12.78 (give or take 0.0039). I can't exactly get my head around this , particularly because I can't imagine anyone actually wanting a calendar of the WTC so soon after Sept, shouldn't this be a centuries thing? If someone is moved to donate, surely it would not require them to have something in return. The argument is to do with opinion in this case, but the next example is to do with morals.

I got in my mailbox the other day, a message from TNC;

This holiday season the most requested collectibles are by far patriotic in
nature.
Since September 11th, young and old alike have found a new awareness for
what makes
this country great. And its the men and women in the services, civilian and
military,
that protect our freedoms and for this we are most grateful. Take a look at
our selection
of the most recognized services collectibles in GI Joe and Ultimate Soldier.
These products have been selling very well the past month, so do not
procrastinate
and order your holiday gifts today while supplies are available

I reckoned there would be some kind of specifically produced figure, and although possibly morbid, I clicked on the link to find out.......the window opens and it's nothing but ordinary GI Joes....

I was shocked and disgusted and removed myself from their info list. I think this unconscienable act of TNC should go to show all collectors what TNC seem to be about, and altho' not scalpers, I would class them in the same category as dogs are in the same category as curs, hounds and mutts.

jeddah

LTBasker
12-04-2001, 01:53 PM
Alot of people do that, it's cheap way to score sales and moola off of the people who died there. Not too mention hits on the site so their sponsors will be all nice and happy. Yep, that's what we need, an advertisment for something heroic that happened, and then the advertisment turns about to be for something like GI Joe with ultimate killing bazooka or something. They don't care, just as long as they make a profit from something.

vulcantouch
12-04-2001, 02:29 PM
. . .as its VulgariTy actually seems kinda fitting, in light of the vulgar emotions & values upon which it attempts to Capitalize (capitalism & militarism may be the lesser of multiple evils, but they're also undeniably Vulgar :happy: tastefulness doesn't enter into business- that is, unless one's in the business of selling tastefulness Itself :Pirate: ).
but if one really wants to contribute to charity, one should just do so directly. buying something in part cuz some of its proceeds go to charity, or attending a primarily social/entertainment function whose ostensible purpose is charity, are inefficient, self-congratulatorily, ostentatious, dishonest activities. donating to charity's like carrying out an assasination: it's best when it's done discreetly, efficiently & to-the-point :dead:
vt
np: norma jean, "havin a party" (rodgers/edwards wrote/produced)

jeddah
12-04-2001, 02:45 PM
Exactly! Quite agree with your position on donating without the need for a function, keepsake or whatever, but are you propagating your own myth when you make statements that the vulgarity is fitting?:zzz:

It seems like sometimes you say things just to appear to be different....:rolleyes: It struck me as bad (to use a hopelessly inadequate word) that a capitalist/western approach was being used by TNC and altho' the attacks were borne out of hatred for capitalism, I wouldn't go as far as to infer that those that died or were affected by the events were involved in something 'fitting'.

Perhaps we're suffering from overkill on this, is that possible? Don't you feel the emphasis of the tragedies have been overtaken by the dark clouds gathering in the Middle East - Jiddah, included :cry: ? Having said that - and thank the Gods the media has calmed down on showing the actual crashes - I don't think I'll ever be able to wipe from my memory the cold numb feeling in my stomach when I saw those people jumping.

Anyway,I haven't had a reply from them yet (and don't expect them to) but will LYK if and when it comes. :)

jeddah

vulcantouch
12-04-2001, 02:57 PM
-indeed; in some contexts it's not only fitting, it's exactly what's called for; '60s vogue editor diana vreeland famously remarked that a well-placed splash of vulgarity is often a perfect, enlivening finishing touch. and she wasn't just tawkin bout purely aesthetic matters either :)

"seems like sometimes you say things just to appear to be different"
-ooo, what a deliciously Vicious accusation :evil: my response: in this context as in most others, there ain't no diff between "appear" and "be" :D "tryina be different", "ever-cognizant of paradox"; po-Tay-to, po-Tah-to ;)
alas, i gotcher dark clouds right here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=23359#post23359) :dead:
vt

jeddah
12-04-2001, 04:03 PM
A-ha. VT is VT:D. Next time I read such tomfoolery, I shall do away with "appear", "seem" and "perhaps" - and any other conditionals - reaplcing them with "are", "are" and "is" :p

Thanks for the Urlery, I didn't ken you and Swaffy frequented other Forums. I alo enjoyed posting in the Hump. :)

jeddah

vulcantouch
12-05-2001, 12:05 AM
actually, for a while now ssg's pretty much been the exclusive provider of all your VaconTeur needs ;) i no longer participate on fsm or the john barry egroup (quit the latter after their absorption by yahoo made re-registration problematic). i've checked in a few times on the forum (http://www.mastersatworkinc.com/bb/showthread.php?threadid=198) for the new official mawsite but not often, as you can see :zzz:
btw, i re-edited my 1st post above cuz i was able to come up with a more apt analogy for charity than "children" ;)
vt
np: "i wore black, you were black; jazz is paris, and paris is jazz (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/music/B000005CEW/customer-reviews/ref=cm_mp_etc/002-2249459-4624048)" :happy:

good shot jansen
02-22-2002, 02:52 PM
D & S Toys (http://www.dnstoys.com/) have a bunch of galoob stuff in stock, which some of you may wish to take a closer look at!

dave roberts (the D in D & S) has always been a helpful, a1 online seller, so i recommend buying from them instead of ebay. i only have the wave three episode I action fleet, cause he sent me an e-mail letting me know he had em, before postin' em on his site! a great all around online toy store!

some of the stuff in stock are;

series alpha cloud car (http://www.dnstoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DSSTW&Product_Code=73430&Category_Code=MMAF) - $18.99

chewbacca transforming head playset (http://www.dnstoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DSSTW&Product_Code=65815&Category_Code=MMAF) - $21.50

what appears to be a large vaders tie in a gold labeled box (http://www.dnstoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DSSTW&Product_Code=67032&Category_Code=MMAF) - $17.50

die cast radiant VII (republic cruiser) (http://www.dnstoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DSSTW&Product_Code=66526&Category_Code=GAFAMM) - $10.99

die cast sebulbas pod racer (http://www.dnstoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DSSTW&Product_Code=66528&Category_Code=GAFAMM) - $3.99!

they also have the three, 1 (http://www.dnstoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DSSTW&Product_Code=939&Category_Code=MMAF), 2 (http://www.dnstoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DSSTW&Product_Code=929&Category_Code=MMAF) , 3 (http://www.dnstoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DSSTW&Product_Code=920&Category_Code=MMAF) gold plated mm sets for $35.00 apiece. i know that these things were available last year at big lots for $15.00 per, but considering that they originally were $100.00 apiece, as well as being limited, certain store exclusives, if you havn't picked em up yet, but wanted to, here's a good place to do it.

as the gold plates are not toys, and definately fall under the showin' not playin' catagory, i personaly have no interest.

check em out, they also carry a large selection of potwhatever stuff too.

LTBasker
02-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Those have been going for under $25 on ebay actually.

shinakuma43
02-22-2002, 10:52 PM
GSJ: I may be wrong but it looks like the DV TIE Fighter is the smaller version. I'm not home to compare it so I'm just going by memory and so I may be wrong. If I am wrong, someone please let me know so I can take it.

Later,
S43

RobertDD
02-23-2002, 10:32 AM
You are right, S43, this is the smaller version of the DV tie.

A real easy way to identify the small version is by looking at the front upper solar panel on the wing (doesn't matter left or right)(what I mean is the black grids, each wing has six of those separate black grids on it, three small ones on the front, three large ones on the back, the one to look for is the upper front one. I don't know how to explain it clearer than that).

Anyway, if it is wider than it is high, it's the small version fo the DV Tie. If it is higher than it is wide, it's the large version.

SWAFMAN
02-23-2002, 12:11 PM
.....but I just received an e-mail from M&M Collectible Toys (http://members.aol.com/the toy hunter 1/) and the site is advertising SWMMs and SWAFs for sale. There are no prices shown, so I've e-mailed a request for a price list. If anyone else on this forum recv'd the same e-mail, then we know the seller mined our SSG profiles for sales leads. Otherwise, my addy may have been passed-on by the seller of my recently completed eBay transaction, I guess. Anyway, they had two custom SWAFs - a T-Wing and a Defender-Wing, which some of you may think are worth seeing. They also claim to have E-Wings and Tie Defenders for sale. Those are the ones I'm curious to know the asking price for.

RobertDD
02-23-2002, 12:22 PM
M&M mines ebay, I'm quite sure of that. Also, whenever I mailed them with an interest towards an Action Fleet vehicle I wanted they were just out of stock. Of course I only wanted stuff like the variant green A-wing. I haven't tried them for the E-Wing or Tie-defender as I figured they won't have them anyway. I think they really have those up to get some email in and see who's responsive.

good shot jansen
02-23-2002, 12:40 PM
i recognize that e-mail addy (toyhunter), everytime in the past, when i would lose an action fleet auction, i always seemed to get an e-mail from this guy touting the item that i had just been beaten out on (it's been awhile, but it always seemed to be for that dayum green a-wing varient that will continue to be my bane:rolleyes: ) as i can see from your post robert, you're after the same thang!:cool:

anyway, my recommendation, stay away from this low life. he's been a bottom feeder for some time now, preyin' on us po' micromachinist who unfortunately are prone to falling for this kind of scalper trash:frus:

vulcantouch
02-23-2002, 12:43 PM
email said opportunistic scalper & tell him you're gonna report him to his isp And ebay for repeated, despite-your-warnings spamming unless he sells you green-VarianT awing for srp :D
vt

RobertDD
02-23-2002, 10:49 PM
I was able to pick up the green a-wing a couple of months ago in loose and (surprisingly) mint condition and complete with the figs, so I have it (I open up all my AF anyway for display) and don't need it anymore. When I browse ebay I still try and check out A-wings occasionally just to see if it ever turns up. If I see it I will let you know, GSJ.

As for reporting to ISPs, I really don't see any use in that. The guy is doing nothing wrong anyway (at least not legally)

SWAFMAN
02-24-2002, 03:15 AM
Here are the prices from Mark @ M&M collectiibles:
A few of the ships aren't too badly priced, but for most of it,
It's Scalper City, and He's the Mayor....
-------------------------------------------------

Here are the prices on the items you asked about. I am low on some items so order soon.

CLASSIC DUELS TIE INTERCEPTOR VS. MILLENNIUM FALCON $80.00 rare

E-WING $110.00 rare
Tie Defender $110.00 rare
JABBA'S SAIL BARGE $40.00
Rancor $40.00 rare
Jawa sandcrawler $30.00 rare
Incom T-16 Skyhopper $50.00
KB Exclusive 2-pack Landspeeder & AT-ST $50.00
Y-wing (yellow) $20.00
A-wing (red) $20.00
AT-AT $20.00
Tie Interceptor $20.00
Tie Bomber $20.00
imperial shuttle Tydirium $20.00
Rebel Snowspeeder $20.00
Rebel Snowspeeder Rogue Two Colors $50.00
Alpha AT-AT $12.00
Alpha B-Wing $12.00
Alpha Cloud Car $48.00 rare
Alpha Imperial Shuttle $12.00
Alpha Snowspeeder $12.00
Alpha X-wing (Biggs Darklighter) $12.00
Alpha Y-wing $50.00 rare
Virago $65.00 rare
A-wing $20.00
A-wing Error $25.00
B-wing $12.00
Cloud Car $12.00
Imprial Landing Craft $60.00
Darth Vader's Tie Fighter $10.00
Oversized Darth Vader's Tie Fighter $20.00 rare
Luke's X-wing $10.00
Millennium Falcon $75.00 rare
Y-wing (Blue) $20.00
Y-wing (red) (out of stock)
Slave 1 $20.00
Tie Fighter $12.00
Wedge's X-wing $10.00
Darth Vader's Electronic Flight Controller $20.00
Tie Interceptor Electronic Flight Controller $40.00 rare
X-wing Electronic Flight Controller $20.00
Y-wing (yellow) Electronic Flight Controller $40.00 rare
Custom Made T-WING $25.00 rare because I made it
Custom Made Defender Wing $25.00 rare because I made it
Royal Starship $60.00
Trade Federation tank $80.00 rare
Trade Federation Droid control ship $80.00 rare
R/C Trade Federation Tank $40.00
R/C Fambaa $40.00
Alpha Royal Starship $70.00 rare
Alpha Droid Fighter $70.00 rare
Alpha Sith Infiltrator $70.00 rare
Anakin's Podracer $20.00
Naboo Fighter in american & Spanish & French Packaging $20.00
Droid Fighter $20.00
Flash Speeder $30.00
Gungan Sub $50.00
Landing Ship $50.00 rare
Mar's Guos podracer $72.00 rare
Republic Cruiser $20.00
Republic Cruiser in american & Spanish & French Packaging $20.00
Sebulba's Podracer $20.00
Sebulba's Podracer in american & Spanish & French Packaging $20.00
Naboo Die-Cast Model same size as the action fleet $18.00
Ice Planet Hoth playset 1st Edition $18.00
Battle Pack #5 $20.00
Battle Pack #8 $20.00
Battle Pack #10 $10.00

Thanks
Mark
------------------------

JediTricks
02-24-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
...If anyone else on this forum recv'd the same e-mail, then we know the seller mined our SSG profiles for sales leads.SSG profiles don't show email addys, they only offer a link to the SSG email page which emails the user via our SSG email system (when you get one this way, you will DEFINITELY know it - it mentions how SSG is not responsible for the email's content ;)). So unless you put your email addy in your bio or in a post, nobody can see users' email addys... except me, MWHA HA HA!!! :D

This M&M guy seems to be a major scalper by those prices!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-24-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
SSG profiles don't show email addys, they only offer a link to the SSG email page which emails the user via our SSG email system (when you get one this way, you will DEFINITELY know it - it mentions how SSG is not responsible for the email's content ;)). So unless you put your email addy in your bio or in a post, nobody can see users' email addys... except me, MWHA HA HA!!! :D

This M&M guy seems to be a major scalper by those prices!

Not that I am 100% certain, but you know this Mark guy probably picked up half of his Action Fleet ships at Toys R Us during their famous $1.97 sale price, and that Sebulba's Trilingual Podracer for $3.99 at KB and he is in turn, now selling them at 5 or even 10 times the cost he picked them up for. What a profit! :mad:

shinakuma43
02-24-2002, 03:39 PM
He may have picked them up cheap on clearance, but I'd be surprised to find out that's he's selling much. All of his prices are way too high, it would be pretty easy to get anything from his list cheaper on ebay. The only 2 that seem reasonable are the E-Wing for 110.00 and if the variant A-Wing is the emblemless green A-Wing 25.00 wouldn't be bad. I know I'd pay it if I needed it. 110.00 for a MIMB E-Wing is about the cheapest they go for. I've seen a few go for less on ebay, but not much less and most go for more. 80.00 for a Trade Federation Tank is ridiculous. I need a loose one and I plan to pay up to 50.00 for it which I thought was bad enough. I was amazed at the 80.00 for the Classic Duels set too, I don't think I've ever seen one go for anywhere near that much. I paid about 20.00 for mine, but haven't really been watching them since I got it but I'm sure they can't be going for that much.

Later,
S43

JediTricks
02-24-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by shinakuma43
He may have picked them up cheap on clearance, but I'd be surprised to find out that's he's selling much. All of his prices are way too high, it would be pretty easy to get anything from his list cheaper on ebay. The only 2 that seem reasonable are the E-Wing for 110.00 and if the variant A-Wing is the emblemless green A-Wing 25.00 wouldn't be bad. I know I'd pay it if I needed it. 110.00 for a MIMB E-Wing is about the cheapest they go for. I've seen a few go for less on ebay, but not much less and most go for more. 80.00 for a Trade Federation Tank is ridiculous. I need a loose one and I plan to pay up to 50.00 for it which I thought was bad enough. I was amazed at the 80.00 for the Classic Duels set too, I don't think I've ever seen one go for anywhere near that much. I paid about 20.00 for mine, but haven't really been watching them since I got it but I'm sure they can't be going for that much.

Later,
S43 Nobody should ever say that $110.00 is an acceptable price for an Action Fleet toy that saw release IMO. The aftermarket is a bad, bad place.

shinakuma43
02-25-2002, 12:08 AM
Yeah, but sometimes you have to pay more if you want to get something. I tried for a very long time to get an E-Wing cheaper and after probably 8 months finally broke down and got one on ebay for more than 110.00. If I didn't, I still wouldn't have it. 8 months is a long time to try to find a good deal and to me it was well worth paying the price for it to end my search. If I chose to only pay MSRP on everything I wanted my collection wouldn't be nearly as complete as it is and I'd probably lose my mind trying to get everything I need.

Later,
S43

vulcantouch
02-25-2002, 02:46 PM
rdd: spamming is against the policies of ebay and nearly every isp out there, so the last thing spammers want is for their spamming to be reported to either of those bodies (if they've used them to spam), cuz it results in their suspension :)

s43; sometimes you have to pay more if you want to get something. . . 8 months is a long time to try to find a good deal"
-not to me; i've stubbornly waited Years to get certain toys, certain cds, certain books etc for what I wanna pay, not what scalpers wanna sell it for :)

"I'd probably lose my mind"
-not me; i enjoy the hunt & don't mind waiting, cuz i got plentya trinkets to enjoy in the meantime :happy:
vt

shinakuma43
02-25-2002, 04:15 PM
VT: I wish I was as patient as you when it comes to searching for good deals. Most of the stuff I have I was able to get at pretty good prices so paying more than I'd like for some things isn't that bad to me. I never would have thought I could have gotten Epic sets 4-6 for about 10.00 each. If my plan didn't work on getting them I would have paid whatever it took to get them. Most of my MMs I got pretty cheap. They weren't may main interest so I would pick up some here and there when I was able to get good deals. AF collecting was taking up most of my time. Now it's pretty even between the MMs and AFs. They're both almost done. Once I get the ST and B5 MMs on the list I sent you I'll just need a few SW MM sets, most GV MMs, a couple AF variations and a couple loose ships, and that's about it.

Later,
S43

JediTricks
02-26-2002, 02:26 AM
S43, I can understand giving in like that, I just can't understand how it'd be "acceptable". You can begrudingly pay through the nose for this set, but you don't gotta like it.

VT, I was going to put that about ebay, but since they didn't always have that policy, I figured I'd just leave that out.

psystinger
07-29-2002, 01:35 AM
Hey, can anyone contact me if they see any good auctions at ebay for the E-wing? I have been searching for it since i was 11 (3 years) and still to no avail.

britcit3
07-29-2002, 02:27 AM
Boy

I wish that I had read this thread.....

About 5 weeks ago, I sent $70 cash (boxed) to Toyhunter for a Rogue 2 Snowspeeder (I often send cash to the US - so long as it is in a box (not envelope), it ALWAYS gets there).

Anyway, I have emailed the guy twice - the first time 2 weeks ago to see if the money had arrived (he said no, even though it was posted 2 weeks earlier) and the 2nd time 1 week ago - he has not had the decency to bother with a reply.

Got a bad feeling about this.

Ironically, when people contact me via my site as to where they can bag AF's, I have often referred them to his site.

This obviously stops now.

Anyway

Bc3

good shot jansen
07-29-2002, 01:21 PM
but if i don't, d & s does have em in stock as of august 5th for $31.00 for all three. (add 10 extra samolians for shipping), if i don't find the new toys at retail this week, i will resort to ordering them from d & s.

it would be nice though to see them on the shelves. it's been about three years since i last found and bought any mm product at a store, having had to resort to online for ep I wave 2 and up :(