PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Texans . . .

2-1B
04-15-2003, 01:42 AM
There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millenium Falcon person who swingled me via PayPal. You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them him alive. NO DISINTEGRATIONS! :p

Seriously, I know you guys don't think twice about strapping a perp to an electric chair, so if you can help me out here I would greatly appreciate it. :evil:

I have this criminal's name, gender, a cell phone number with working voice mail, and a P.O. Box number in Austin. :mad:

derek? Can I entice you to come out of bounty hunter retirment? :happy:

jeddah? Can you loan me your Houston contacts? :evil:
Please? :crazed:
The UK will grant you asylum, I promise. :D

Tonysmo
04-15-2003, 02:04 AM
I have Houston connections.... ( native Houstonion ) so if I can be of any assistance..

Dont mess with TEXAS!

derek
04-15-2003, 07:41 AM
so what happened? did you buy something and this guy didn't deliver? won't pay pal refund the money?

2-1B
04-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Did I say "swingled"? I meant "swindled." :D

Yes derek, I bought something and the guy didn't deliver all of it (I won't bother with the details). I could not get in touch with him; oh, but was he ever a chatterbug the whole time before he got my money. :rolleyes:

Tonysmo, thanks for the offer -- I want this person beaten with a cowbell ! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

So I disputed it with PayPal and then my credit card (thank goodness I didn't pay with my bank account :D ). Welllllll, several weeks later, PayPal has actually ruled in my favor and a credit is "pending" over at their website . . . the thing is though, they have "taken action" against this person's account until the matter is resolved. That does absolutely nothing, since this person obviously won't go back to PayPal anyway.

As I type, I am on hold with my credit card company to check on the claim. I don't expect to get my money back, but I'll go down swinging. :D

Okay, my credit card just dialed up PayPal, so I finished talking with them. I got a lot of lip service and apologies, but no comment on my complaint that they put out this person as a "Verified Seller" and then backed down when the deal was not done.

Oh well, I'm obviously mad at the actual seller, but what really gets me is that PayPal and my credit card have both profited from this - know what I mean? :D

As for the person's cell number, I found it awhile ago on the UPS box . . . and when I tried the number it just rang and rang. Well I tried again last night, and imagine my anger when I actually got a voicemail. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: it was like being taunted to hear his voice, the guy who robbed me and is probably laughing about it. :mad:

Ahhhhhhhhh, thank you SSG for allowing me to vent. :D :crazed: :D

:happy:

Patient Zero
04-15-2003, 12:25 PM
Just use the "people find" services on the internet. Some of them are even free (yahoo). But beware, if the person is near or under the age of 18 you will not find any listing for them.

Jargo
04-15-2003, 01:49 PM
You don't want to seek asylum in the UK the places they make you stay are like prison camps. And we're um, full. Apparently Al Quaeda have booked up for years solid so there's not even a single bed available. Why not try the next country over, I hear France Freedom has plenty of spare room...... :eek: ;)

I just thought of a way past immigration, just have yourself mailed here as a gift. Go via UPS and the british customs will just wizz you through without a second glance.

BTW was this purchase through EBAY perchance? oh that vile Ebay, one day somebody will actually get around to disintegrating their entire site and put an end to the evilness.

JediCole
04-16-2003, 02:13 PM
I can't help but wonder if this is the same seller in Austin who tried to take me for a ride. Being only four hours away from him (in Texas) I threatened him with both mail fraud charges and a civil suit in small claims court. I informed him that he would be liable for not only the cost of the goods and shipping but also for my travel expenses and the court costs since he could offer no possible defense for taking the money and not shipping the product!
Needless to say, a week later I had my item! This is a little harder to do from the UK, but my recommendation is to stay vigilant. It has worked for me with every seller who tried to swindle me.

2-1B
05-26-2003, 11:52 AM
WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my money back ! :happy: I logged into my credit card website to pay off my latest online purchases and I noticed a credit for $115, the amount I lost !

I'm so happy right now. Let's dance ! :)

QLD
05-26-2003, 12:24 PM
Good show ol' chap!

Kidhuman
05-26-2003, 02:45 PM
Good for you Caesar. Shows you can't beat the system.

The 'Xir
05-26-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I just thought of a way past immigration, just have yourself mailed here as a gift. Go via UPS and the british customs will just wizz you through without a second glance.

EJ- you've obviously never listened to The Velvet Undergrounds' song called "The Gift" before, have you? :dead: :dead: :dead: ;)

Kidhuman
05-26-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by The 'Xir
EJ- you've obviously never listened to The Velvet Undergrounds' song called "The Gift" before, have you? :dead: :dead: :dead: ;)

That is a great song

jjreason
05-27-2003, 02:57 AM
Anybody messes with Caesar, messes with the feds. Oh, dang, my being a Canadian "Fed" don't carry too much water in the great state O'Texas.... sorry, man. At least you got your cash back. Hopefully Paypal and Visa/Mastercard are laying the small-claims smackdown on Mr. Swindle.

jrosen
05-30-2003, 08:04 AM
But how about them Mounties - eh.

bobafrett
05-30-2003, 08:41 AM
Caesar, say you are making me want to run from eBay. First this problem, then the other item in the "No thread title can express my dismay" thread. I knew I should have stayed away from eBay.

2-1B
05-30-2003, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I finished one problem but now I have to deal with it at the other end. :D
I got my $115 back from PayPal but now I "owe" eBay $16.42 for insertion fees.

Honestly, I'm just SOOOOO glad no one bought any of those items and paid for them - because that person would be out $2400 which is a damn tragedy.

I can deal with the $16 dispute. :)

I've got a Wolverine Costume Card on the way from eBay yet, once it gets here then I'm done for awhile ! I'll be changing my password regularly though, just in case the villain(s) attempt an encore. :cry: