PDA

View Full Version : Return To Castle Wolfenstein

mrmiller
04-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Has anyone played the Return To Castle Wolfenstein Xbox demo yet? Thsi game looks cool, and I can't wait for it to be released. I'm also pumped about playing it on Xbox live. I never plaed the PC version, but hear only good things about it. Looks like the Xbox version is going to be good too. too bad they didn't include the online multiplayer for the PS2 version.

=MATT=

Boba Rhett
04-15-2003, 12:56 PM
It's overrated. :( I really enjoy some of the game's aspects but other parts of it are just not good such as the over hyped flame thrower. It might as well be a water gun. It sucks up ammo, doesn't stop people from firing at you and -get this- it only knocks down the mummies the first time you hit them.

I didn't like any of the mummy levels. The Nazi levels are much more fun. I guess the story is the major downfall of this game. :( The MP is pretty fun though and there's quite a few hot nazi chicks running around in the game. :D

Anakin2121
04-15-2003, 01:54 PM
People just loved the flamethrower for its volumetric flames! It was more eye candy than a useful weapon, though, and with today's graphics there's nothing special about the fire. :)

mrmiller
04-17-2003, 12:30 PM
I hope the single player is cool, but I'm getting it more for the multiplayer than anything. I just reserved it and got me a free Wolfenstien T-Shirt! So it better be good now.

=MATT=

AmanaMatt
04-23-2003, 02:20 PM
I liked the demo for the most part, but am not sold yet on wheter I want this game. While the movement on this were excellent, as were the graphics, I thought the two levels were a bit dark - though on the actual one I am sure this can be adjusted. However, it kinda of gave me that 'heh' feeling. I wish that the German characters spoke German, and not English - one of the fun things for me on the original was seeing the Nazis scream and curse at you in German as they were dying. Gave it a more realistic feel (I'm sick, I know).

jpak001
04-23-2003, 02:24 PM
I'm with you on this Amanamatt. The game has been pretty heavily hyped up, mabye that's why it kinda dissapoints?

I was almost expecting something as good as Halo, but this doesn't even come close to that game.

Anakin2121
04-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Amanamatt
I wish that the German characters spoke German, and not English - one of the fun things for me on the original was seeing the Nazis scream and curse at you in German as they were dying. Gave it a more realistic feel (I'm sick, I know).

I don't know about the other games in the Medal of Honor series, but Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, MOH: Spearhead, and I believe MOH: Frontline all have enemies speaking the proper languages. :)