PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Figure to Date!

Darthvader7677
04-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Okay here's something that should get alot on attention. What is your favorite carded figure to date. Either from POTF, Episode 1, POTJ or Saga. If there's more one that's understandible. I really like POTF Freeze Frame Vader w/ removeable helmet. And POTJ Vader's both Dagobah & Emperor's Wraith. Tell me some of yours. Thanks for your time.

James Boba Fettfield
04-15-2003, 11:49 PM
I always wanted to go out with the dog faced Leia figure.

EDIT-Figure I should be serious and say Djas Puhr, first time I saw him in a Meijer's I was instantly in love.

bobafrett
04-15-2003, 11:59 PM
I'd answer, but I'm focused on JBF's moving avatar! Ahhh!!!!!!

seth_quinn
04-16-2003, 01:05 AM
from the very first moment I saw a preview photo, Luminara Unduli simply blew me away. true she's about as poseable as corn flake but I think the sculpt is incredible and the detail in the paint job is the perfect finishing touch. judging from the photos; if I had a Carkoon/Fett I think it might be a draw, but since I don't, Luminara sits atop the mountain by herself. [Shaak Ti gets an honorable mention for all the same Unduli reasons. they just look so good side-by-side on my desk.]

btw - I've noticed a lot of avatar activity lately. looks like a one-upsmanship storm is a brewin'

bobafrett
04-16-2003, 01:28 AM
JBF is playing with Tool now, I'm liking it, much easier on the eyes.

There have been so many figures out, to try and narrow it down would be darn near impossible for me.

Jerjerrod
04-16-2003, 02:52 AM
It's so tough to choose just one. Oh well, here's the first that comes to mind:

Favorite Figure:
Boba Fett 300th

Runner-up :D :
POTJ Sandtrooper

(That's it... no more. :D )

stillakid
04-16-2003, 03:39 AM
Usually the next one I open is my favorite. :)

There are so many really great ones, it's hard to choose. But I like the see-through Vader a lot. Ephont Man is pretty cool. I'm always partial to the Biker Scouts and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Commtech Stormtrooper. Max Rebo is a cool figure as well as Figrin Dan. Buck tooth XWing Luke is a cool likeness as well. The "girl" singer three pack is a good looking set. I like the Tusken Raider that came with the Bantha (which is an awesome beast as well!)

I could probably sit here all night thinking of more and more cool figures. There have been just a few stinkers (like the newest "flying" R2) with most of them being middle of the road....not great but not awful either. And a respectable number of great to excellent. :)

RussUAE
04-16-2003, 08:09 AM
It may be controversial, but mine is POTJ Queen Amidala - Theed Palace.

Perfect Sculpt and great figure.

The new Fett Carkoon is very close too though, but choosing new figures here is not original enough.

Arrogant Arse
04-16-2003, 09:44 AM
I have a couple of favorites: POTF2 Han Stormtrooper, because there aren't too many of him, (and he's Han), POTJ BoShek, Lando-(great detail on the cape-needs a Colt 45 though), Bespin Guard, and Dagobah Vader.

vorronsalive
04-16-2003, 09:50 AM
I went crazy when I first saw the Boba Fett 300th figure. I was excited to see all the features that hasbro said that he would have. But when I saw the Kamino Escape Jango Fett, I nearly flipped when I saw that his helmet was removable. It was the first Fett figure that actually came with a removable helmet and I liked it very much and it actually opens up a large window for customizers who want to make a POTF2 boba fett with removable helmet which is what people have been waiting for for years. This figure also almost has all the features that the 300th Boba Fett had. I think the Kamino Escape Jango Fett doesn't get the recognition that it deserves.

droidekas2
04-16-2003, 11:05 AM
I think it has to be Ephant Mon.

mm74md
04-16-2003, 11:22 AM
My Favs From Each Line:

Vintage: ROTJ Biker Scout

POTF2: C-3PO with Removable Limbs

Episode 1: Sio Bibble

POTJ: Lando - Bespin Escape

Saga: Ephant Mon

Jayspawn
04-16-2003, 11:49 AM
I'm partial to a few classics like POTF Vader w/ Removable Helmet, Yoda, and Boba Fett. Those figures look great on the cards.

I also like POTJ Sandtrooper, EPI Naboo Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan, and SAGA Kamino Escape Jango Fett.

sith_killer_99
04-16-2003, 12:18 PM
It may be controversial, but mine is POTJ Queen Amidala - Theed Palace.

That figure has one of the best head sculpts ever, IMO it is a perfect likeness!

As for my all time favorites:

Darth Vader (Removable Helmet)
Darth Vader (Dagobah Spirit)
Stormtrooper (CommTech)
Ephant Mon
Boba Fett 300th

Best overall line to date:

Power of the Jedi

TheDarthVader
04-16-2003, 01:14 PM
I will list three of my favorites.
POTF2--Ree-Yees, Zuckuss, Emperor's Royal Guard <<Vader removable helmet is obvious>>
EP1-- Darth Sidious hologram, Chancellor Valorum, and R2-B1
POTJ-- FX-7, Amidala (Theed), and Dagobah Vader
SAGA- <<Ephant Mon (obvious)>>, Dexter Jettster, Endor Rebel Soldier, and Anakin Secret Ceremony

aceguide
04-16-2003, 02:07 PM
There's so much good work to choose from it is very difficult - and a lot of it has to do with personal preference.

Overall - Boba 300th. Too cool.

I like the call for Amidala Theed, and am also a fan of the other likenesses in ceremonial gard - especially the Senate outfit.

The entire POTJ blows me away. I love the obvious ones (Scout, Sand, Lando, Boshek, Teebo, Ploo Koon, etc., etc., etc.) - but was incredibly impressed with Subulba and his removable helmut (always a must).

I also wuld be remiss not to mention Maul Final Duel. He is just too cool and it was too much fun for the hunt for figures to begin again.

I could go on for days - as we all could!

Prince Xizor
04-16-2003, 02:21 PM
Hmm...

Hard to decide, but to choose one, I will go with Yoda: Jedi Master, the first Yoda in the Saga line. I am huge Yoda fan, and that toy I play with more than any other, by far. But it might just be surpassed by the Mace Windu in the 3-pack, I think that toy is just gonna blow everything else out of the water.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-16-2003, 02:32 PM
POTJ Biker Scout (preferably the clean one)

Comm TEch Stormie

300th Boba Fett

POTJ Bespin Escape Leia

POTJ Dagobah Darth

POTJ Duros

POTJ Amanaman

POTJ Luke in Bacta

mark2d2
04-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Ugh, I so hate it when people ignore my instructions in my threads and post lists instead of the definitive one answer that I have requested. That said, here's my list! :crazed:

Sorry. but after all these years of collecting, I simply can't pick just one. What I have here is a five way tie for my favorite figure ever.

FX-7 (truly a high water mark in execution and design. As a bonus, he most certainly will always be the champ for most articulation.)

JAWA w/ GONK DROID. (Okay, it's two figs, but they were a set! The Jawa is amazing! Love the tiny little legs . . . And a powerdroid at last. Such an old sentimental favorite.)

DURO (The wicked cool shimmering jumpsuit is just icing on the cake. The figure I kept waiting for and waiting for back in 1979. :rolleyes: At last! He arrived in plastic and was remarkably well done. I love his jaunty little stance . . . this figure has looks, attitude, and style in spades.)

GREEDO (Walmart Exclusive) (Hey, I loved the comtech version. Infinitely more accurate that the POTF2 fig. A blast mark? Neato! Then came the Cantina Packs and he got a bang up new paint job. Aha, at last, the Definitive Greedo. Just perfect IMOP. Plus Greedo was and still is a childhood favorite. He's currently piloting the best ship in the line --- the TIE BOMBER of course.)

R4-M9 (Sure, this little guy went out of his way to tick me off . . . REPLACING AN ANNOUNCED R5-D4 RESCULPT?! DIE! DIE! DIE! . . . Whew, sorry, but I still get upset. Then at last, he arrived . . . What a bang up job they did on the guy. The paint on mine is perfect. Groovy light up eye pipe color. . . And talk about obscure! Plus he matches the Duro and Greedo so nicely and cantina aliens need droids too!)

There you have it. My top five.

PS --- That new Tusken looks mighty cool. Too bad I can't find it.:sur:

stillakid
04-16-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Ugh, I so hate it when people ignore my instructions in my threads and post lists instead of the definitive one answer that I have requested. That said, here's my list! :crazed:

It's like trying to pick your favorite child. Each has it's pluses and minuses. Not a one is perfect, yet each deserves some respect just for existing. :)

QLD
04-16-2003, 04:35 PM
POTJ Bespin Lando!!!!!!

....of course....

Jargo
04-16-2003, 05:18 PM
I like the big ones best. Gamorrean pig guard, Ephant mon, Dexter Jettster. But i like the little ones too, Teemto pagalies, Jawa with Gonk, Kabe, the first Salacios Crumb that came with Oola, Sebulba Boonta eve challenge, Gasgano and Ody mandrell.

I simply cannot pick one definitive favourite in the same way i can't pick one definitive most hated figure.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2

Originally posted by Darthvader7677
Okay here's something that should get alot on attention. What is your favorite carded figure to date. Either from POTF, Episode 1, POTJ or Saga. If there's more one that's understandible. I really like POTF Freeze Frame Vader w/ removeable helmet. And POTJ Vader's both Dagobah & Emperor's Wraith. Tell me some of yours. Thanks for your time.

That's why I posted more than one, because there was NO instructions that said it had to be ONLY one. :)

Otherwise I would have just put ....more than one. DOH! :crazed:

oh yeah, I forgot to add Aayla Secura ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Darth Jax
04-16-2003, 10:22 PM
IG-88.

Darthvader7677
04-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Just picked up a clone trooper w/ Speeder Bike. That figure even though not a regular darded figure is really cool. If you get a chance pick one up. Detachable armor is sweet

Dark Marble
04-17-2003, 04:43 PM
...I like Han Bespin Capture, Chewy bespin escape, Pilot Jango, Hoth Leia, Weequay, and I could keep going. As many times as I have cursed Hasbro, they have put out some great figures. I have hundreds of them. :)

TheDarthVader
04-17-2003, 05:51 PM
FINE! :) One figure...here it is...from potf2 to now...it would have to be...one figure...one special..star wars...figure....um...one...one I can only choose one??...okay okay!!...one...dang it!! ;)
POTJ Dagobah Darth Vader. There! I did it!
1st--who thought this figure would ever be made????
2nd--nice mask
3rd--nice luke's face under the mask
4th--nice almost transparentcy
5th--great lightsaber
6th--head pops off...just like in ESB...are you kiddin me?? :)
7th--nice removeable cape
8th--nice jedi force file with interesting info. about him!!!
9th--who thought this figure was feasible?? (that is, a good one)
10th--nice pose/can stand up on it's own w/o a stand

Jedi Law Student
04-17-2003, 06:51 PM
POTJ Theed Amidala is such a great choice! I agree that the face sculpt on that figure is fantastic. I also really like Padme Naberrie w/Pod Race View Screen. That was one of my first Episode I figures. I like the neutral sculpt and serene face on that figure, almost like a vintage figure.

FX-7 is an incredible figure. Maybe the best Star Wars figure ever. Too bad I didn't buy it the first and only time I saw it in the store. :cry:

Honorable Mention: BoShek, R4-M9, R3-D3, and Saga Royal Guard

Kidhuman
04-18-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
POTJ Bespin Lando!!!!!!

....of course....

Word LIMP

Ephant Mon is cool and alot of others as well. Emp. Wrath Vader, the first Maul. So many more to choose from.

Jaff
04-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Vintage=Amanaman
POTF2 Red=Hammerhead
POTF2 Green=Grand Moff Tarkin
POTF2 Slide=Pote Snitkin or Darth Vader/removable helmet
Flashback=Obi-Wan Kenobi
Episode I=Darth Sideous Hologram
Classic Commtech = R2-D2 with hologram or Admiral Motti
POTJ = Sandtrooper and FX-7
Saga = Ephant Mon and Chancellor Palpatine

The best figure ever = Ephant or Amanaman

plo koon 200
04-18-2003, 09:48 PM
My all time favorite figure is Toy Fair Vader. But the figure that is most important to me is my Dagobah Vader with head fallen off in the package that I had James Earl Jones when I met him and had lunch with him for winning a contest of some sort.

plo koon 200
04-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Oh yes and a list of my favorite figures include Aayla Secura, Saga Royal Guard, BoShek, Eeth Koth, Ephant Mon, 300 Fett, Jorg Sacul, Luminara, FX-7 and many more that I just can't think off the top of my head. Oh, and all astromech droids. Hasbro does an excellent joib on them over and over again.

dr_evazan22
04-19-2003, 01:17 AM
AOTC version of 3PO... The best ever!

Kill me now! Seriously...

Pull apart 3PO- I forget what version it is (Cinema Scene, Flashback,?)- it's got a good looking paint job and you can pull his arms off!

POTJ Sandtrooper
B'Omarr Monk
Pretty much all the driods
Dagobah vader
DV w/ removable mask
Biggs

bobafrett
04-19-2003, 01:35 AM
I just got my 1st Ephant Mon figure today, courtesy of one of the fellow SSG members, and I have to move this figure to the top of my list. Hardy, I still want one to open, so let me know when your planning to visit!

TheDarthVader
04-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Who got you an Ephant? I want one, I want one! :) Someone help me out here! I live in TX. ;)

bobafrett
04-20-2003, 01:19 AM
All I want to say is there are some very kind people out here in the SSG forums, who have helped me to obtain figures that I found very difficult to get, and I tip my hat to them! Thanks, you know who you are!

seth_quinn
04-20-2003, 09:59 AM
TDV - check your pm's

I'd like to second that bobafrett! I made a comment in one of the other threads a couple of days ago about there being no new releases in Canada for the last 6 months and one of the other members "cold-call" pm'ed me offering any assistance he could provide. holy poo-poo! how cool is that? it's been two days since I got the pm and I've still got that wow, blown away feeling everytime I think about it. you know who you are, thanks again!!!

DarthChuckMc
04-20-2003, 10:39 AM
My favorite of all time list....

Vintage: Boba Fett...just because I remember getting him in the mail and taking him to school to show him off when I was 7.

POTF2: Zuckuss...the detail and paint job are fantastic.

POTJ: FX-7...articulation, detail, and he fits in the Bacta Tank base.

Saga: Ephant Mon..the size and weight of this guy is enough to love him. The detail and paint job is icing on the cake.

Tycho
04-20-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm a little different with my categories:

Overall: Ephant Mon

Big figures: Ephant Mon, Muftak, Dexter Jettster

Disguises, removeable helmets: Vader RH, Clone Trooper Deluxe, Jango Fett (Kamino), Han Solo (stormtrooper disguise), Lando Skiff Guard.

Heroes: Anakin (secret ceremony), Padme (droid factory), Leia Slave, Wedge Antilles (removeable helmet)

Villains: Darth Maul (1st version), Boba Fett (flying), Vader (Flashback), Emperor (Flashback)

looks like I go for articulation in the categories above...)

Figures Never Made Before: Leia Slave, Grand Moff Tarkin, Sandtrooper (any version!), Wedge Antilles (removeable helmet), B'Omarr Monk, Oola, Figrin 'Dan, Han Stormtrooper, Vader Removeable Helmet

I know I mentioned some figures 2 or 3 times. I guess they just really struck a chord with me.

I'm forgetting a lot of figures I really like, I'm sure!

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-20-2003, 05:20 PM
"Favorite Figure to Date!"

I don't date figures

But really any imperials minus vader and emporor Palpatine because I haven't seen any bad molds and I have been a fan of the empire scince I was a kid

Dark Marble
04-21-2003, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Teeska Mon Eebon
[B]"Favorite Figure to Date!"

I don't date figures

But that slave leia is nice...:evil:

I can't believe I just said that. Anyway, If I had to pick one and only one, I guess it would be Bespin Capture Han. Ouch that was hard, I wanted this guy so bad when I first say ESB, and to date I think this is the best version of him. So this figure means a lot to me. It is always about the childhood.