PDA

View Full Version : Spend A Day with Jose

Kidhuman
04-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Jose Canseco is actually offering an auction. For no less than 2500 dollars you can bid on a day with Jose. This is absurd. Maybe we can shoot steroids with him and learn how a ball bounced off his head for a home run.

ARTICLE (http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/news/2003/0415/1539387.html)

I know I am bidding on this.

bobafrett
04-15-2003, 11:35 PM
Jose Cuervo Yes, Jose Canseco, um, No Thanks.

Tonysmo
04-16-2003, 01:02 AM
It would be fun to win, and then spend the ENTIRE day asking him questions about Mark Mcgwire..... that'd be funny...

seth_quinn
04-16-2003, 03:43 AM
bah, it was more fun to spend 2500 pennies to sit out in the cheap seats and heckle for the afternoon

Rogue II
04-16-2003, 07:06 AM
Why is it all of the recent pictures of this guy include handcuffs?

Spend a day with Jose in House Arrest at his lovely South Florida home. You could ask him exactly which MLB players are on steriods.

I wonder if O.J. is getting any ideas...

seth_quinn
04-16-2003, 08:10 AM
do think Jose could list all the MLB juicers in just one day? maybe it would be easier to just list the ones that aren't. as someone that fears for the state of our own national pastime, (hockey here in Canada - big surprise huh?) can baseball be saved and returned to glory or has it been infected with an unstoppable virus by the very people that play it professionally?

Rogue II
04-16-2003, 09:13 AM
It probably be easier to list the non-juiced MLB players. As long as Fehr is in charge of the player's union, I don't see things getting any better for baseball. There is a rule in the current agreement where if a certain number of players refuse or fail the test, drug testing becomes mandatory for the league. The some of the White Sox players were going to refuse to take a drug test so drug testing would be mandatory. They were talked out of it.

I thought curling was the official Canadian national pastime.:D

Being a Sabres fan, I worry about the NHL myself. Hopefully, they league can change things around so that small market teams can compete. I like to laugh at the Rangers...blowing all that cash on payroll and still can't make the playoffs.

Is there a steroid problem in the NHL?

Kidhuman
04-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Drug testing should be mandatory. It would even out the leagues competitive balance.

seth_quinn
04-16-2003, 04:32 PM
naw, but it might be the next US one, it's your women that are the new world champs! ooo, that's gotta hurt, especially after Mike Weir took your Masters title and Paul Tracy set a new record over the weekend as the first Cart driver to win the first 3 races.
lol :-)

no, not a steroid problem I don't think, but there have been rumblings about rampant use of over-the-counter stuff such as allergy pills and the like used to help improve breathing capacity.

small market teams are the life blood of the league. look at all those kids in Edmonton that just don't know the word quit. it's a shame that in all likelihood, they'll be traded away because the Oilers won't be able to pay them what they're worth. I may not like them, but I'd hate to see Ottawa forced to fold or move to a US market, we can't afford to lose anymore Canadian teams. Same goes for Buffalo, they've been apart of the league for so long it'd be a shame to see them go. (the Sabes situation has stabilized a bit though hasn't it?) unlike the Sens I do like the Sabers - they played every game right up to the end of the season like they were trying to win the presidents trophy, even after they were gutted on the trade deadline and long since eliminated from the playoffs.

I don't know how much it would level the field but testing should be mandatory simply because they shouldn't be using performance enhancing drugs period.

Lobito
04-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Canseco Con Cubano??? Wow, i remember when that guy used to play in the A's, Big Mac was there, but in that time Canseco was the HR hitter....long time indeed, b4 the strike, b4 the empire.:evil: