PDA

View Full Version : What toy magazine do you read?

Sentinel18725
04-15-2003, 11:32 PM
I myself personally love Toy Fair ( I guess it's the twenty something age bracket that I'm in). However, I do like Tomarts but it's hard to find. Lee's is good only for their pull out sections which have given me neat little reminders of my child hood (ie MASK, He Man, Indiana Jones).

JediTricks
04-16-2003, 02:20 AM
"Toy Fair" is the convention, "ToyFare" is the magazine. ;)

I used to read ToyFare back when they first started, and long before that it was Lee's all the way even though they were (and still are) a bit stuffy for my tastes. However, in the past few years, I've stopped buying magazines altogether.

kool-aid killer
04-16-2003, 06:30 AM
I hardly ever buy a toy magazine but when i do its toyfare because it cracks me up.

Exhaust Port
04-16-2003, 07:47 AM
Toyfare. Even though it seems to be the target of continuous bashing by toy fans, I think it's the best out there.

jpak001
04-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by kool-aid killer
I hardly ever buy a toy magazine but when i do its toyfare because it cracks me up.

I'm right there with Kool-aid. Nothing like some good old juvenile humor to brighten the day! Sometimes that mag is HILARIOUS, though they do tend to print inacurate info sometimes.....

I don't really read any other toy magazines, just get all the news off the 'net.

Dr Zoltar
04-16-2003, 11:23 AM
Same here -- I get my info from the web. I used to buy ToyFare, but they ****** me off when I submitted my form for one for their exclusive figures and it was sent back to me because they "ran out". I’m pretty sure this was before they listed “limited quantities available.” So now I flip through the open ones at Borders every 6 months or so, but that’s about it.

bobafrett
04-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Let's see, I used to browse through Tomarts Action Figure Digest, but as was stated above Toyfare can be very entertaining, though when I first looked through it, I got a little miffed at how childlike it was. This was because I was seriously looking for some news on what figures were coming out, and here they had these different figures with cartoon bubbles over their head. Well, once again, I have started rambling, please proceed.

Lman316
04-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Toyfare. I can get Star Wars info on here, obviously, but I seem to get all the other stuff from them. Not to mention the humor :D. Twisted Toyfare Theater has to be some of the funniest stuff that I read in there, I even save it for last :p.

I've noticed that if they do print incorrect information that they'll usually print a correction in the next issue. And I know that people have "beef" with their price guide, but as I've said in their defense before: I'm sure that some place someone is paying that price. They're not only looking online - some people will pay more for a piece at a toy show...

So, yeah, anyway: Toyfare, definitely. I've rarely seen any other toy magazines around here, but the rest just don't seem to be as good. Just my opinion, anyway.

End...:D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Yup, i read Toyfare as well. I don't browse through the price guide that often, so it doesn't irk me, but Twisted Toyfare Theater is beyond hilarious. only geeks like us can enjoy it too, which makes it all the more better.

"Curse you Richards!!..or Spider-man...or whoever the case may be!"

lol Dr. Doom.....cheers!! :D

Prince Xizor
04-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Same here, Toyfare.

I don't buy it on a regular basis, maybe 6 or 7 times a year but it's the only toy magazine I buy. I might read Tomart's at Barnes & Nobles when the girlfried is looking for her "smart people" books, but I have never bought anything else.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Toyfare!

I can't stop laughing!

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2003, 01:30 PM
I used to read White's Guide to Collecting Figures, then those people died or something, so no more of that magazine.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-19-2003, 06:48 PM
I normally read ToyFare and Tomart's AFD.

Sentinel18725
04-19-2003, 08:34 PM
Wow! I'm an idiot...your right. "Toy Fair" is the convention....Anyways, I agree with all of you. The humor is something that only we can understand. It's wonderful! I also had one of the exclusive things sent back to me. But I still love them.