PDA

View Full Version : Masters of the Universe figures

Pages : [1] 2

Jayspawn
04-15-2003, 11:44 PM
Ok, it's time to start an official Masters of the Universe thread here at SirStevesGuide.com.

And to celebrate, Figures.com (http://www.figures.com) has the scoop on MOSS MAN! He's being offered as a mail-away exclusive. There are pictures as well. Sounds like a sweet deal!

evenflow
04-16-2003, 07:12 AM
Not a bad way fro Mattel to sell an extra 20,000 figures.

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2003, 08:07 AM
Oh good. Noone had thought of a MOTU thread here yet. :rolleyes:

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2003, 08:13 AM
So, basically, with the selection out there right now, you have to buy three SpinBlade Skeletors to get one Moss man figure?

Maybe if they started shipping Prince Adam, Syclone, Evil Lyn, and Two-Bad, I could get those and send in for this as well.

But if Mattel thinks this is a clever way to clear house at the retail level, they should check their casepacking problem first.

ConvergeDW
04-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
So, basically, with the selection out there right now, you have to buy three SpinBlade Skeletors to get one Moss man figure?

Maybe if they started shipping Prince Adam, Syclone, Evil Lyn, and Two-Bad, I could get those and send in for this as well.

But if Mattel thinks this is a clever way to clear house at the retail level, they should check their casepacking problem first.

Agreed.

QLD
04-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Wow, Moss Man looks slightly less stupid now than he did then.

Is he still just a re-painted Beast Man?

Lman316
04-16-2003, 12:00 PM
*sigh* :rolleyes:

First, I agree about the selection. The only figures my stores have are: about 50 Spin Attack Skeletors, a few of the "Samurai" figures and one Martial Arts He-Man. I have absolutely no use for resculpts - I just want one of each character - so I guess I can just forget about getting Moss Man. Imagine those that would want more than one of these...that means 6 Spin Blade He-Man figures! :rolleyes:

But on that subject, I'm really wondering if Mossy's worth getting... I mean, cripes, he's just a green and flocked version of Beast Man. And though I know that's exactly how they did it back in the 80's, I figured they'd have some kind of higher standard here.
Is it just me, or does it seem more and more like toy companies take pleasure in ticking us off? The only three that haven't for me (yet, anyway) are the Asylum, Palisades and McFarlane...

I reiterate: *sigh*

End...

Amy
04-16-2003, 04:10 PM
This will not be the only Moss Man of the line. A FH Moss Man will be made as well, so says Val Staples.

Amy
04-16-2003, 04:14 PM
Also, I LOOOVE MOTU, but due to the lack of figures, I must say that the fun is out of collecting MOTU for me. It has got to the point where I really dont even care to give Mattel any money now.

Lman316
04-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Amy
Also, I LOOOVE MOTU, but due to the lack of figures, I must say that the fun is out of collecting MOTU for me. It has got to the point where I really dont even care to give Mattel any money now.

Right on! Although I have to add that my reasons for feeling that way weren't just based around the lack of selection. It primarily had to do with the inclusion of action features and the fact that they just won't stand up (at least for me). But, I've taken flack for saying that before, so I'll just leave it at that.

End...:D

RooJay
04-17-2003, 10:40 PM
Maybe I can help you out with the standing problems, Lman?:confused:
My girlfriend and I actually had ALL of my MOTU figures standing...by themselves...on the carpet with no trouble at all. What is it do you suppose is preventing your figures from standing?

Lman316
04-17-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Maybe I can help you out with the standing problems, Lman?:confused:
My girlfriend and I actually had ALL of my MOTU figures standing...by themselves...on the carpet with no trouble at all. What is it do you suppose is preventing your figures from standing?

I guess I shouldn't have thrown a blanket statement. I don't have trouble with all my figures, but Trap Jaw, Man At Arms, and Teela won't stand no matter what I do (short of leaning them up against something). I blame the two former on "top-heaviness." I've been through this before on the forums, but as I've said in those past posts, I have to bend those figures back so they look as though they're getting ready to limbo. That's why Man At Arms currently occupies the Bashin' Beetle...
The advice that I was given before was that I need to get stands - just no two ways about it. I didn't and still don't buy that logic. And the reason I won't swallow that tripe is that most of the Art Asylum Star Trek figures don't even have foot holes and they stand quite fine for me. That tells me that a toy company can actually make figures that stand up...
Maybe it's a simple case of resentment and my MOTU figures are doing this on purpose. Maybe it's all the put-downs I administered when I realized what crap they were...:p. Except for Orko. I honestly think he's the best MOTU figure to be put out. Reason being is that his action feature is stored safely in the confines of his accessory.
So, I don't know why mine aren't standing up if everyone else's are. I have tried every type of surface in my room and those listed still topple.

End...:D

RooJay
04-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Dude...you sure your house is level?

-JK!;)

Don't know what to tell you man. Sorry!

Roufuss
04-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Yea, MOTU is more of a hassle now then it is fun.

I contribute it to the lack of figs, and who ships only six figs to a box these days??? Good job Mattel, every other company on the face of the planet goes TWELVE to a box, these days.

Jayspawn
04-18-2003, 08:57 AM
A can agree with Lman316, some of my figure won't stand no matter what. That would be Teela, Mechanek, and Trapjaw (sometimes).

I can't wait for Moss Man though. I don't understand why they would make a 2nd one (if rumors being true).

Lman316
04-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I can't wait for Moss Man though. I don't understand why they would make a 2nd one (if rumors being true).

Well, the first Moss Man is just going to be a re-hashed Beast Man, like stated through this thread. But the character of Moss Man also appeared in the new cartoon and he was looking quite different (although I have to say that I thought he looked more "furry" than "mossy"). So, the first Moss Man might just be for nostalgia purposes and the second one (if they make it) would be for the new line...

End...

El Chuxter
04-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Back to the "standing" issue, all of mine stand except Jungle Attack He-Man. Some are in pretty dramatic poses (Man-At-Arms is leaning back quite a bit), and Teela has to lean on her staff, but they've all been standing since I opened them.

As for Adam and Psy-Clone, I can comment on their ability to stand on Monday. :D

RooJay
04-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
Well, the first Moss Man is just going to be a re-hashed Beast Man, like stated through this thread. But the character of Moss Man also appeared in the new cartoon and he was looking quite different (although I have to say that I thought he looked more "furry" than "mossy"). So, the first Moss Man might just be for nostalgia purposes and the second one (if they make it) would be for the new line...

End...

You forgot to point out that the first "Beast Man" is strictly limited to only 6500, and will only be available through the internet offer by purchasing four currently available Masters figures between the specified dates; therefore effectively keeping him a bit out of reach of the majority of collectors.

El Chuxter
04-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Okay. . . kids won't know about the offer. Carded and variant collectors probably have too many figures to buy duplicates, and will only be able to buy figures in the specified time frame if they find Adam, Psy-Klone, and Martial Arts He-Man at one time. So, does this sound like an attempt to clear Smash Blade He-Man off the shelves by going after adult "openers" who aren't picking up the ever-present resculpts?

Not that I'm complaining. I ordered mine. :)

BTW, my three new figures stand up perfectly well. All are awesome, but the Martial Arts He-Man is surprisingly cool.

Roufuss
04-21-2003, 10:21 PM
I've gotta say, this line is a pain in the *** for those of us who CAN'T visit every store at the crack of dawn or at 2 am in the morning.

Sentinel18725
04-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Are they going to do any more of the miniatures? A friend of mines brother loves them (he's got the first seven already). I had a little bit of fun with MOTU when I was a child. It's great to see them in the aisles again. It takes me back to my childhood to see the figures hanging up there.

Jayspawn
04-22-2003, 08:53 AM
Miniatures? You mean those little 2 inch figures right?

Sentinel18725
04-22-2003, 10:41 AM
Yup!

Patient Zero
04-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Quick question: Is Merman still at retail? I have seen all of the new figs but not him.

Jayspawn
04-22-2003, 11:59 AM
I don't think the Miniatures sold that well. My Targets had to clearence them to get rid of them. So I don't think it's likely.

I don't think that MerMan is at retail anymore. Same with Stratos or Man-at-Arms. But you never know.

BTW, I saw the new HeMan at Wal-Mart the other day. No sign of Prince Adam or Buzz Off.

El Chuxter
04-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Buzzy isn't out yet. The new wave is Adam, Psy-Klone, and Martial Arts He-Man. The new Man-At-Arms (Power Gauntlet?) is listed on the cardback, too, but I don't think he's in the same case assortment. I can't imagine I could find Adam and Psy-Klone, but someone would've snatched up a rehash figure.

JediTricks
04-22-2003, 07:18 PM
In the past week, I've seen Martial Arts He-Man and Orko and Mekaneck (first times I've seen them in person). Unfortunately, I didn't want any of them so it's continuing to be a VERY long time between MOTU purchases for me which is a bit of a downer. This line has really been a disappointment in terms of how the toy industry in general has shifted their thinking from long-term to short-term lines, I only hope Mattel finds a way to get more figures out there that aren't He-Man & Skeletor variations.

evenflow
04-23-2003, 12:24 PM
Funny you should say that. I feel the total opposite about the MOTU line. I can't wait for the new ones to come out and am excited and love the line. It's Star Wars that has become a total downer for me.

El Chuxter
04-24-2003, 12:08 PM
I swear I'm not trying to flaunt my recent luck in MOTU finds, but I scored the chase Orko (with silver staff and red "magic" effects). Any other character I probably would've passed on, but Orko is one of my all-time favorites. Not that I plan to part with him (sorry), but does anyone know how rare this fellow is, or roughly how much he's going for on the secondary market?

Eternal Padawan
04-24-2003, 12:35 PM
There's been a dearth of figures of ANY kind. You'd think with us collecting multiple toylines, we'd be able to find the occasional figure from something, but with me ALL THE TIME it's bobkes, no matter what I'm searching for. It's maddening that I should have such a frustrating hobby. Most people choose a hobby that relaxes them. Not one that breeds more worry lines and ulcers.

JediTricks
04-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
Funny you should say that. I feel the total opposite about the MOTU line. I can't wait for the new ones to come out and am excited and love the line. It's Star Wars that has become a total downer for me. Don't get me wrong, SW has been the same way for me. But the last figs I got in MOTU were Triklops and Trapjaw and that was a WHILE back - haven't seen anything newer that wasn't a He-Man or Skeletor... or vehicle/accessory/beast.

Jayspawn
04-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Right on JediTricks. I'm tired of all the Heman and Skeletor remakes. *yawn* Bring on the side characters.

Sentinel18725
05-01-2003, 06:48 AM
Yea!!!! I read in Lee's today that there will be another colection of minifigures.....including a mini Ram Man (insert your joke here!)

Dr Zoltar
05-01-2003, 09:12 AM
Just saw the other day that the newest figs to be put out seem to be packed with a free videotape. Great for people who want a fig and cartoon, bad for people who collect MOMC. The video is attached via a Saran Wrap substance that ends up bending the card.

El Chuxter
05-01-2003, 12:07 PM
They're also taped in the back to the cards. Silver Orko is one of the few figures from any line I want to keep carded, and carefully removing the tape was a huge pain in the :eek:.

I think this may be a Wal-Mart exclusive deal, like with the previous free videos (on re-releases of the first wave).

JediTricks
05-01-2003, 08:49 PM
Seen the McDonalds' Happy Meal He-Man and Battle Cat on figures.com today: http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=80&show_article=121

He-man surprised me, I was expecting a version more similar to the cartoon character than the figure, but this thing seems surpisingly similar to the real figure. Battle Cat and those accessories on the other hand don't look very good at all - poor Battle Cat's hollow legs.

Lman316
05-02-2003, 09:54 PM
I actually found some new figures today. My Wal*Mart finally got Mekaneck (with the previously mentioned bonus video tape) and they had one of each of Prince Adam and Sy-Klone. They also had Orkos, Teelas, Trap Jaws and Tri-Klops's up the ying yang, but I already had those.
I was really weighing the idea of purchasing Mekaneck (because I saw him first and I carried him around while I looked at some other stuff). I wasn't going to get him, but decided I'd probably want him later... But I was already back at the MOTU stuff, anyway, so, I took another look. That's when I found the Adam and Sy-Klone stuffed in the back.

I had told myself that I wasn't going to bother getting Sy-Klone, as this figure is entirely based around an action feature - I had known that even before seeing the actual figure. But because I'm only allowing myself a few more MOTU purchases, I bought him.
But wouldn't you know it? I'm two freakin' days late to get that Moss Man...:mad:

End...

Jedi Law Student
05-03-2003, 04:40 AM
That's great news about the McDonald's MOTU toys! I love it when McDonald's Happy Meal toys are something cool like that. You get a bite or two to eat and a neat toy all for less than you would usually pay for a meal w/o a toy. Granted, you're not full afterwards, and then you have to go in search of snack food. ;)

The only thing that would make this better is if the assortment included one of my personal favorites: Stinkor! I know it might cause some problems, though. "Excuse me, but there's a skunk-man in my Happy Meal!" :eek: :D ;)

evenflow
05-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Don't get me wrong, SW has been the same way for me. But the last figs I got in MOTU were Triklops and Trapjaw and that was a WHILE back - haven't seen anything newer that wasn't a He-Man or Skeletor... or vehicle/accessory/beast.

I hear that. But at least we have the McDonald's stuff now and newer figures seem to be coming out more frequently. I just found Sy-Klone. Still need Adam. I am just more excited and interested in this line now.

JediTricks
05-04-2003, 10:08 PM
What's your opinion on Syklone? I had this fig as a kid so I have a nostalgia factor for the new one, but I've not been terribly interested in most of the masters figs so far (just not my cup of tea), so I'm on the fence.

El Chuxter
05-05-2003, 12:13 PM
My brother had the old Sy-Klone figure, JT, and I hated it. The new one, though, is a dramatic improvement. Not quite as improved as Ram Man, but close.

TheDarthVader
05-06-2003, 10:11 PM
What is it with these people having ten or more Fakers from Toyfare? I was looking on ebay (evil bay) and saw a seller selling one. I then clicked on this person's feedback and he/she had sold like ten or more of these. What is the deal? They are sittin' there sellin' them for $60-70 a pop. Is this poor distribution??

RooJay
05-08-2003, 01:02 PM
That and a whole lotta hoardin' goin' on!
I truly hate Toyfare exclusives since they never seem to care about this problem at all. The same thing happened with every single Simpsons exclusive they've ever had (leaving me with an incomplete team of Pin Pals) - all the figures ended up in the hands of a very few people; mostly scalpers who quickly drove the secondary market prices through the roof. Their only concern is for the money on these things. If they cared at all for the fans they would seriously limit quantities on their exclusives.

El Chuxter
05-23-2003, 02:29 PM
To quote the immortal words of Jackie Childs in the final episode of Seinfeld, "They're real, and they're spectacular!"

I found Whiplash and Two Bad yesterday. Both are absolutely awesome figures. I don't remember the vintage Two Bad, but I had the old Whiplash, and this is one of those cases of "the Four Horsemen take a lousy old figure and turn it into a masterpiece." Wow.

I saw Fire Armor Skeletor, too, and just had to pass. I actually tried to talk myself into getting it, but it looked too silly.

Here's a question for anyone in the know about MOTU case assortments: I know I must've gotten to the store shortly after these were put out (since they were still there), but there was no Evil Lyn. She's listed on the cardback, though. Is she like Mekaneck, destined to sneak up on us later?

And, by the same token, has the Power Hoobajoob Man-At-Arms come out yet? He's on the cardback for the Prince Adam wave, but on the Whiplash wave, the next wave of figures (Man-E-Faces, Buzz Off, and two more He-Men rehashes) is listed. Given that Duncan morphs his arm all sorts of funky ways in the cartoon, this is one of the resculpts I might get.

Jayspawn
05-24-2003, 09:22 AM
I found Prince Adam and Cyclone at KB Toys yesterday. I passed on them only because I forgot to go back to the store and buy them when I was leaving the mall. Oops!

evenflow
05-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Roufuss
Yea, MOTU is more of a hassle now then it is fun.

I contribute it to the lack of figs, and who ships only six figs to a box these days??? Good job Mattel, every other company on the face of the planet goes TWELVE to a box, these days.

And Star Wars isn't a hassle?:(

RooJay
05-27-2003, 11:24 AM
One of my nearby Target stores is thoroughly overflowing with Martial Arts He-Man figures, which leads me to believe that they are also getting Sy-Klone and Prince Adam figures (they ship in the same case) but are selling through them very quickly. I wonder why Mattel doesn't notice this?

El Chuxter
05-27-2003, 11:48 AM
Mattel does not yet seem convinced that shipping one each of the "secondary characters" and four of the latest He-Man or Skeletor per case is not a good idea. Nor have they yet seen the full folly of making sure each wave of bad guys has a new Skeletor and each new good guy wave has a new He-Man.

And as for why Adam doesn't count as this wave's He-Man resculpt ('cause let's be honest, that's what he is), no one knows.

RooJay
05-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Mattel does not yet seem convinced that shipping one each of the "secondary characters" and four of the latest He-Man or Skeletor per case is not a good idea. Nor have they yet seen the full folly of making sure each wave of bad guys has a new Skeletor and each new good guy wave has a new He-Man.

Honestly, I think that was one of the main purposes of the recent Moss Man offer. I'm not certainly that Mattel actually knows exactly which items are clogging store shelves and have caused orders to fall off. We as fans actually care that there are no Sy-Klones, Whiplashes, Two-Bad's and Evil Lynns on the pegs, but your average store manager doesn't even know those characters exist and when he checks the computer for stock levels of 'He-Man' figures he only sees that they have more than enough and haven't sold any in weeks, maybe months. I think the Moss Man offer was an attempt (whether effective or not) by Mattel, via the itemized receipt they would naturally receive in exchange for each figure, to learn precisely which figures are clogging pegs and to hopefully help get rid of some of those. Let's face it, first of all they had to know that it would be primarily (perhaps exclusively) collectors who would respond to the offer, and secondly knowing that we have been complaining about the lack of new figures and that most of us would never buy yet another Smash Blade He-man except for this type of offer, this kind of thing could be a good indication of what hasn't been selling, how stores catalog and process these items as sales, and what is actually missing from store shelves. At least, I hope that's what they were trying to do.

And as for why Adam doesn't count as this wave's He-Man resculpt ('cause let's be honest, that's what he is), no one knows.

He does count, actually. It's just that even he's still preferable to 'Wildlife Photographer He-Man'.;)

El Chuxter
05-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
He does count, actually. It's just that even he's still preferable to 'Wildlife Photographer He-Man'.;)

I meant that he apparently is a new, distinct character in the eyes of Mattel, or he'd be four to a case.

Moss Man was definitely aimed at collectors (what kid would've heard of the offer?), but I think Mattel already knew which figures were clogging shelves. While I know it takes time to see change, I hope there's serious re-evaluation of the case assortments within a few months. Ideally, each case of six characters should look more like this:
2-New character #1
2-New character #2
1-Previously existing background character
1-He-Man or resculpt

Whereas now, it's more like this:
1-New character #1
1-New character #2
4-He-Man resculpt

This way, everyone would sell pretty well. The two main characters would stay on shelves more or less all the time without clogging them up. Also, shortpacking a He-Man (and I think they should recycle the existing He-Men figures, since most kids would want basic and we don't want too many special armors for He-Man) might inspire a few collectors to snatch them up as well. Result: figures selling, people getting what they want. Everyone happy all around. :happy:

RooJay
05-27-2003, 01:02 PM
I see what you mean, and I couldn't agree more.

El Chuxter
05-27-2003, 01:19 PM
I was going to just add this thought to my previous post, but since there's a response already, I'll make it a separate thought. :)

I am probably the only adult collector who bought cross-chest He-Man, plain-jane He-Man, Deluxe He-Man, Samurai He-Man, Jungle He-Man, Martial Arts He-Man, Smash Blade He-Man, Prince Adam, plain-jane Skeletor, Deluxe Skeletor, Spin-Blade Skeletor, and Samurai Skeletor, and will hopefully be buying Keldor soon.

And I'm sick of it. Deluxe and Jungle Attack I bought early on, before I knew what a problem the resculpting would be. The Samurais I bought because they looked pretty wicked, and I actually preferred the color scheme on Smash-Blade and Spin-Blade to the original Skeletor and He-Man. Martial Arts He-Man I bought entirely for Moss Man (though he turned out to be a pleasant surprise).

The new and overpriced "stupid animal armor" two-pack at TRU looks moronic, and so does Fire Armor Skeletor. And I can't count the number of resculpts coming out in the next year. But, like many other collectors (I'd imagine), I would snatch up all the resculpts if they weren't so frequent!

The case assortment I proposed above includes one He-Man per heroes case and one Skeletor per villains case. Resculpts should be released for two or three waves before being retired (if, in fact, any ever are retired).

Also, one thing that bugs me is the lack of certain characters. If little Billy just found out about MOTU yesterday and his favorite character is Man-At-Arms, he has no option currently (aside from the Samurai figure). Or how often do you see Teela or Orko on shelves for more than a minute? From what I've heard in stores and from kids I know, those are two of the most wanted characters by the younger set. And yet they're hard to find. Curious.

plasticfetish
05-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Hey! Just a quick thing, we saw Whiplash at our local comic book shop the other day. I feebed out and didn't grab it before wandering around, so someone else got it ... but he is out there. The guy that bought it had a whole set of figures, so it may have included any other new ones. BTW, Whiplash looks great ... I'm (and my son is) really regretting missing out on him.

RooJay
05-30-2003, 01:22 AM
Saw Inferno Armor Skeletor at Target this morning (must've just missed out on those Whiplash, Two-Bad, and Evil Lynn figures), but didn't have any cash on me. Would've preferred to hold out fot the new characters first anyway.

Jayspawn
05-30-2003, 08:58 AM
I'm not going to buy any new Heman or Skeletor figures. I already have the 1st ones. They are cool and I'm happy with them. It seems a waste to keep making Heman w/ scuba gear and Skeletor w/ missle mountain destroying action.

El Chuxter
05-30-2003, 12:05 PM
There are a lot of Inferno Skeletors popping up at Targets in SoCal, so that means there are Whiplashes and Two-Bads out there, too. :)

mm74md
06-01-2003, 12:55 PM
I just started collecting the 2002/03 He Man figures. I've been lucky to find Wave 1 He Man & Skeletor, but can't seem to find any of the other figures from the 1st wave.

I was wondering where you all can recommend online that has reasonable prices on these figures posted below. Any help would be great!

Wave One Heroic Warriors
Man At Arms
Stratos

Wave One Evil Warriors
Beastman
Mer-Man

Wave Two Heroic Warriors
Ram Man

Jayspawn
06-04-2003, 12:32 AM
I saw Ram Man at TRU a few days ago. Unfortunatly, Stratos, Beastman, and Man At Arms are gonna be a little more difficult. BigBadToyStore.com has decent prices on items. Sometimes older figures show up. I'd keep checking there.

HEY! I picked up Prince Adam and Cyclone at Wal-Mart this morning. No sign of Whiplash or Two-Bad yet.

Eternal Padawan
06-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Fire Armor Skeletor is flaming...:eek:

RooJay
06-05-2003, 12:35 PM
Yep, definitely a flamer...

THE Slayer
06-06-2003, 09:42 PM
For those of you just starting your motu collections, stores like media and sam goody have the wave 1 heroes, man at arms and stratos. Meijer has also had some older figures like beastman of late.
I've found prince adam, sy clone and whiplash this week. Orko, teela, mekanek, trap jaw and triclops are abundant at walmart's around here.

plasticfetish
06-06-2003, 11:03 PM
Scored Whiplash and Two Bad today. They look great and the kid gets them next week for graduation (along with that Castle Greyskull I've got stashed away ... man, I've been dying to open that thing.)

2-1B
06-06-2003, 11:34 PM
Can anybody tell me if Teela is a hard figure to find?

My friend is looking for her to complete his son's collection. I was looking around tonight but couldn't find her . . .

Also, is SyKlone a rare fig? I saw him tonight for the first time ever.

Thanks. :)

edit: oops, I just noticed the above report about Teela's abundance . . . hopefully we'll find her soon . . . :)

Jayspawn
06-10-2003, 10:03 AM
Teela is not really rare. Its just that she's been out for a while and newer figures have come out since her. So it's not likely she'll be found. But possible. Cyclone is not rare because he jaust came out. I've seen 5 or so in the last week.

BTW, I found Whiplash, Two Bad, Adam, and Cyclone at Target yesterday. Whiplash and Two Bad are in a more purple colored package.

RooJay
06-10-2003, 01:14 PM
I'm seeing Sy-Klones all over the place (plenty at each of the three stores I visited this morning), and while all the local retailers have no Whiplashes, Two-Bads, or Prince Adams, the local scalper shop seems to have no shortage of either. I've seen plenty of Fire Armor Skeletor and Martial Arts He-Man figures, which means the stores have had plenty of the others in stock at one point or another (regardless of whether or not they ever made it to the pegs...) so it should only be a matter of time before that jerk slips up and starts leaving some on the pegs for the rest of us.

Eternal Padawan
06-10-2003, 02:58 PM
I was dissappointed that neither Sy-Clone nor Prince Adam are interactive with Castle Grayskull. I don't think it would have too hard for Mattel to think ahead and design the soundchips for Characters they MIGHT be making down the road and program them into the castle. I don't know how thinkchip technology works exactly, but the code in the chip triggers the voice in the castle. So like a two digit code for each figure:

01. He-man
02. Skeletor
06. Orko

etc...

How hard would it have been to be thinking of who would have been 18. or 36. and just program that name into the computer and add that chip into whatever figure down the line?

I'm a little miffed/bummed about it.

Lman316
06-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I was dissappointed that neither Sy-Clone nor Prince Adam are interactive with Castle Grayskull. I don't think it would have too hard for Mattel to think ahead and design the soundchips for Characters they MIGHT be making down the road and program them into the castle. I don't know how thinkchip technology works exactly, but the code in the chip triggers the voice in the castle. So like a two digit code for each figure:

01. He-man
02. Skeletor
06. Orko

etc...

How hard would it have been to be thinking of who would have been 18. or 36. and just program that name into the computer and add that chip into whatever figure down the line?

I'm a little miffed/bummed about it.

I assumed that they scraped the interactive chips because the new Grayskull they're releasing won't have it anymore. Apparently, people didn't like the feature too much, so they got rid of it.

Now, only if they'd get rid of the action features...

End...

Jayspawn
06-11-2003, 12:00 AM
I really could care less about the Interactive feature. It doesn't do a thing for me. I like Cyclone, it's a lot like the vintage one. Adam is also a good figure.

evenflow
06-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Well, the new He-Man costume pics are up in toyfare this month. I do not like what I see. Great news about the Snake Men though.

RooJay
06-12-2003, 11:30 AM
New He-man costume pics?! What's that all about?:confused:

...and what news of the Snake Men? I haven't been able to get to the comic shop yet; help a brotha out!

RooJay
06-16-2003, 03:48 PM
For anyone else who was hoping for more info on this - The new He-Man armor is actually a new figure for next year named 'Snake Armor He-Man'. Rather than being a permanent new look for He-Man, this is actually another He-Man variation figure similar to the Jungle Attack, Martial Arts, and Ice Armor He-Man figures. It's actually pretty cool in my opinion - very interesting looking, very much in keeping with the character and feel of He-Man and certainly much preferrable to a simple repaint of the standard He-Man figure like Smash Blade He-Man.
The reason for the Snake Armor is to better equip He-Man for battling the Snake Men, who, according to Mattel, are going to be a major focus in both the toy line and the second season of the animated series for next year. Storywise, the armor equates to the idea that "the power of Grayskull protects and prepares He-Man." Thus, with King Hiss and the Snake Men coming - the old furry loin cloth and metal straps simply won't do; He-Man is going to need better protection than that, and the 'power of Grayskull' decides to give him an armor upgrade.
I can't wait! Here's a pic for those of you unable to get old of the recent Toyfare magazine:

JediTricks
06-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Not bad, but not quite He-man enough for my tastes. The sword seems pretty neat, though I hope Mattel makes it a little stiffer, you can see it's bending at the handle.

RooJay
06-17-2003, 02:06 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that I found an apparently previously unannounced (to my knowledge, at least) second series of mini Masters figures at a local Dollar Tree store, of all places. I will post pics as soon as I can. The series consists of Jungle Attack He-Man, Snake Armor Skeletor, Teela, Orko, Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops. There were tons of them at the dollar store, although I have a feeling that they may not have been produced in very large numbers; at least not in numbers nearly as large as the first series. Having had only four bucks and some change in cash on me, I bought all but the He-Man and Skeletor figures, though I plan on going back for them tomorrow. Anybody else heard of, or seen these?

Jedi Master Silas
06-18-2003, 10:06 PM
I've been out of the collecting loop for a few months so I have a question that was more then likely answered ages ago but here it goes.... are there variations of Evil Lyn????

I just got Whiplash, Two-Bad, Buzz off and finally a Mekanek last night. I dig the Whiplash figure.

Beast
06-18-2003, 10:10 PM
As far as I know, there is no variation of Evil Lyn. I don't even believe she is shipping yet. She's gonna be the late addition to the case, like Mekanek was of the last one. There is a color variant of Whiplash. And there will be a variant Buzz-Off with a smile painted on. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
06-19-2003, 09:46 AM
Buzz Off is one I'm really looking forward to. He was my favorite as a kid. But I didn't know he was shipping yet.

Evil Lyn looks cool!

evenflow
06-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Well, I finally found Prince Adam. It feels great actually finding something.

RooJay
06-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Somehow along the way I forgot to mention that I also found Prince Adam (there were lots of him at several different stores; are we perhaps seeing the end to Mattel's distribution problem?) and Whiplash. I found them on the same day as the mini figures - Friday the 13th! The same day I also finally found Barriss Offee, Ayla Secura, and Yoda and Chian! Who says Friday the 13th is unlucky?!;) :D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Anyone read the July issue of ToyFare? It lists a bunch of convention exclusives and one of the exclusive figures is none other than KELDOR. According to the article, has 3 faces: Keldor, melted faced Keldor, and Skeletor. Too bad I don't have a scanner, 'cause it has a pic of the melted faced Keldor and it looks cool!

AnakinVader
06-22-2003, 12:29 AM
I found Whiplash and Two Bad today, at Target in Woodhaven Mi, and Taylor Mi. Just thought id let anyone who reads this know.

El Chuxter
06-23-2003, 12:13 PM
I found Ice Armor He-Man today, which means I missed Man-E-Faces! :mad:

RooJay
06-23-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
Anyone read the July issue of ToyFare? It lists a bunch of convention exclusives and one of the exclusive figures is none other than KELDOR. According to the article, has 3 faces: Keldor, melted faced Keldor, and Skeletor. Too bad I don't have a scanner, 'cause it has a pic of the melted faced Keldor and it looks cool!

There have actually been pictures al over the place online for at least a month now. Why look! Here's one now:
Convention Exclusive Keldor figure (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=80&show_article=122)

RooJay
06-23-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I found Ice Armor He-Man today, which means I missed Man-E-Faces! :mad:

Okay, now they're comin' way too fast! Glad to see Mattel seems to have finally fixed the problem with shipping and distribution! I also managed to find Two Bad this morning, and the store even had several Whiplashes. I'm beggining to get hopeful that new figures aren't going to be impossible to find anymore.

plasticfetish
06-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Yep, one of the Targets near me had a wall full of Whiplashes, Two Bads and a few others ... haven't seen Buzz-Off. Apparently Mattel knows enough to start putting new toys on the shelves right when the kids get off for summer break. (Not that all we've been doing is sitting around playing with toys all day ... errr, no.)

Jedi Law Student
06-24-2003, 01:31 AM
I have seen Two Bad, Man-E-Faces, Buzz Off, and Sy-Klone at retail the last couple of weeks. It is very nice to see some new toys on the shelf!

El Chuxter
06-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Hopefully Ice Armor He-Man won't be clogging the shelves, as he appeared in today's episode of the TV show wearing that armor.

How he stays warm in a pair of furry underwear, I don't know. :rolleyes:

Lman316
06-25-2003, 04:46 PM
I finally found Whiplash and Two Bad myself today... and once again, I'm shaking my head. *sigh*

Okay, time and time again I say that the Four Horsemen really know what they're doing. They create awesome sculpts for these characters and I will never dispute that.
What I'm tired of (as I've said time and time again also) is the action gimmicks. They really suck.

Whiplash I thought was going to be okay. I thought maybe he'd have a bendy tail of sorts - one where you'd pull it back and then let it fling. That almost would have been tolerable, considering his character. But no. It has to be connected to an internal mechanism with a obtrusive button sticking out. Once again a beautiful sculpt is ruined.
Not only that, but my figure's head joint is loose and the head wobbles back and forth. And it seems that Mattel is taking to Hasbro's ways of doing things, making the accessories out of spongy, play-doh like material. I almost couldn't get the weapon in his hand because I thought it was going to rip.

I was thinking, "At least Two Bad doesn't have a button," but this figure really doesn't need one to make it horrible. I hate the action feature, of course, but it's just stupid regardless. The way you pull the arms, it makes them fling upwards. Shouldn't they swing downward?
And again I must comment on the spongy material of at least one of the accessories (the shield seems okay) and I can't even turn the head of the blue-colored side (I forget that sides original name - maybe it's Tuvar, I don't know). It's stuck and it feels like it's going to tear off. I guess I could try the freezer trick for it, but I'm afraid to. I have had to do that a lot in the past couple of months and I still end up with parts ripping off.

I was going to stop buying these figures anyway, stopping short of these two, Evil Lyn and maybe one or two more of the other Masters being released (Buzz Off or Man-E-Faces). But now I don't even think I want those. I'm afraid I'll just be as dissappointed with them as I am with every other Masters figure.
I was even warming up the idea of buying figures based on Series 2 (the whole Snake armor stuff), but now I'm passing... meh.

End...

RooJay
06-25-2003, 11:13 PM
Strange, I had the exact opposite opinion of each of the figures you mentioned. I haven't had a problem at all with any of the action features so far (they've all seemed pretty appropriate to me given the nature of the line, and I haven't found any of them to be terribly obtrusive or distracting considering; I've actually even gotten a decent amount of fun from them), all of my figures stand up just fine by themselves (even on carpet!), and I haven't had a problem with any of the joints on any of my figures so far (maybe I'm just lucky?). The only problem I've ever had with any of them was how difficult it had been to find new figures for awhile; it seems that problem has more or less been solved. Oh well, to each his own I suppose! Just means there'll be more for me, I guess!:D ;)

plasticfetish
06-26-2003, 03:00 AM
Ditto to what RooJay said.

This is probably the only line where the action gimmicks seem appropriate. (He-Man toys have always been about the gimmick anyway.) The accessories, as much as I agree that it kind of sucks, are made from that softer plastic for safety reasons. I know, I agree ... hard plastic would feel better, but not when it's lodged in some kids trachea after he/she has swallowed it. (Remember, all it takes is one dumb kid to ruin it for the rest of us. I was playing with toys back when that kid supposedly shot a Battlestar Galactica missile down his throat and then all the toy companies stopped using the little missiles. I had those Galactica toys BTW and never shot a missle into my lungs. Not even once.) As far as quality goes ... only problem we've had at all so far is that Tri-Klops' head snapped off. It's held on by the clear plastic piece that light shines through on top. That plastic is brittle and if Tri-Clops gets too rough with Man-At-Arms then ... SNAP. (Oddly enough I'd say his head then became a choking hazard at that point, luckily my son's smart enough not to swallow Tri-Klops' head. Something we should all avoid.)

Lman316
06-26-2003, 05:35 PM
I'm sorry that I can't share your optimistic appraisal of the situation (:D) - I really am. I've said it before but I had been looking forward to the launch of this new line ever since I saw the pictures in Toyfare a long time ago. I was just expecting better.

But, RooJay, one thing I need to ask you. You said that you don't believe that any of the action features are obtrusive? Well, I just want to know if you feel that way about Ram Man and Stratos in particular.
I can deal with Ram Man a little better than I can with Stratos. But Stratos, uh uh, I can't stand this figure - it's absolutely worthless with that action feature, IMO. I think this figure should have had ball joint shoulders, should have been able to position them upward, like he's flying. It's so stupid that his arms can only "flap" up and down... No one agrees with me on that?
And Ram Man... how cool would it have been if he had had normal legs and was able to be positioned slightly bent, with one leg back, looking like he was about to charge? With his action feature, he can only "ram" up. Who's he supposed to ram like that? Is he supposed to hit their chins? :p
And, yeah, I know they're only toys, but c'mon, we're living in a different age now. Action gimmicks died in the 80's - that's why they're not flying with Star Wars figures either. I would get a heck of a lot more play value from a Ram Man like i described, and definitely more out of the Stratos I descibed (and where are his wrist-mounted lasers, anyway?). I'm also a huge advocate of extra articulation. Shouldn't He-Man and Prince Adam be able to grip their respective power swords with two hands? And hold them up towards the sky? I mean, that's something that those characters do too (an argument I hear for most action features... "Well, that character does do that, so the action feature is okay...")

I've just always felt that action features hinder a figure. It's like the company is telling you how to play with that toy. Like, I think that Whiplash's tail should be able to be positioned in any way I want - but I can't do that. I want Trap Jaw to actually aim his weapon at a Master - can't do it because it springs back down. I want Beast Man to pick up Man-at-Arms - can't do that either (I know I've mentioned a lot of these, but I don't know if I've said them in this thread or another).
And I'm no fan of over-posed figures either (that's why I have a tiny problem with Teela [only because my Teela is twisted at the waist all the time], Orko and Tri-Klops). Maybe I want Tri-Klops standing near some kind of control panel (maybe like the one inside Castle Grayskull), working on one of his inventions or plans... Well, that doesn't look too good when he looks like he's about to fight with it... And I don't even want to get started on the size of the peg sticking out of his back... That thing is huge.

I just think this line could be SO much better. And I could deal with some gimmicks, if they were handled right. Like Mek-a-Neck, I know there is a need for his long neck. But the way it was handled on the current figure is ridiculous. You have to turn his torso completely one way for his neck to raise up. You should just be able to pull it out all the way and turn his torso whatever way YOU want to. And, for Man-E-Faces, yeah, I can see the need for a gimmick... but just for the changing of his faces (I haven't found this figure yet, so I don't know if it sucks or not).
But there are a lot of figures that don't need action features. He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Mer-Man, Beast Man, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops. But especially He-Man and Skeletor. I would love to see a super articulated set, so that He-Man could have a two-handed grip on the sword and so Skeletor could do the same (and also with his Havoc staff - I can do a two handed grip on the staff now, but it bends in the middle...)

Just my 50 cents though ('cause ya know, it's more than 2...oh, never mind :p)

End...

RooJay
06-27-2003, 01:46 AM
Okay, I forgot about Stratos. He looks okay (he was always one of my favorites of the original line), but you're absolutely right - useless with that action feature. Ram Man I can't say I really have a problem with - while it would have been cooler with more articulation, he's exactly what I expected though.
There are few bigger proponents of articulation over gimmick than myself. I do agree with you completely about how much cooler these could've been. I would have absolutely loved for the new He-Man figures to have been loaded down with Marvel Legends style articulation and no action features at all, but I knew as soon as this line was announced that I should not expect that. It's really difficult for me to try and articulate why this is perfectly acceptable to me in this instance. I could probably best liken it to buying a bucket of army men and not expecting anything more than non-poseable, solid green figurines. They are what they are, ya know? Plus, they're all still more poseable than the originals.
I totally understand why you feel the way you do about the line. If we were talking Star Wars figures I'd have completely the opposite opinions about the action features and articulation (actually I feel that way even though we aren't talkin' about 'em). It just seems perfectly acceptable to me with the He-Man line. If they decided to change the status quo tomorrow and completely redo the line with tons of articulation (so He-Man can grip his sword two-handed and Trap Jaw could aim his gun a the good guys) and zero gimmicks, I doubt few would be happier than me. I just don't think it's gonna happen, and I'm perfectly okay with that.
Like I said, to each his own. I expect you probably won't be buying anymore Masters figures, but personally I plan to stick with the line for a long time to come.

evenflow
06-27-2003, 07:17 PM
I got my Moss Man figure int he mail today. It is pretty cool. Mattel did i nice job with the flocking. The Package is nice too.

JediTricks
06-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Picked up Prince Adam finally, WM had him & Syklone with Free Video #3 taped to the front - it's a good thing I'm not a MOC collector or I'd be honked about that, but I am so the VHS covering most of the bubble is probably what kept these on the shelves so it's OK. I hate to say it, but Prince Adam is probably the worst figure in the line to date: the face and haircut are not right at all compared to either the new He-man toy or the cartoon; limb poses give too much of a hunchback feel; and the other accessory(s) besides the sword are really lame. Oh well, at least I found what I was after.

Jayspawn
06-30-2003, 05:21 PM
My Moss Man arrived in the mail today as well. Cool figure! Mattel did a great job, the flocking looks good!

My Wal-Mart just got in about 6 of Man-E-Faces. No sign of Evil Lyn or Buzz Off yet.

El Chuxter
07-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Dear MOTU Trap-Jaw,

I don't know how to put this mildly, and think it is best I just get right to the point. You are no longer the greatest action figure in existence.

I'm sure this must come as a shock to you. However, all things must pass, and I have found another all-time greatest action figure. I don't think you know him; his name is Marvel Legends Gambit.

I had seen pictures of Gambit online, but finally met him two days ago. In the time since, I have become more and more enthralled with his excellent sculpting, wicked articulation, cool accessories, and a base that actually works, for a change. The fact that Jubilee features prominently in the pack-in comic book didn't hurt hiim, nor did the fact that Gambit has always been a character I've been rather indifferent to.

Rest assured that you will not be forgotten, Trap-Jaw. Like the original Optimus Prime, POTF2 Vader w/ Removable Helmet, or CommTech Stormie, you will always hold a place in my heart. And I want you to always remember that you beat out the other (excellent) MOTU figures by miles. Same with anything Hasbro's produced in a long time.

:crazed::Pirate:

Dang! I meant to post this under the Marvel Legends thread. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Eternal Padawan
07-17-2003, 06:11 AM
SDCC pics are coming in.

The new Snake dudes look horrible, especially the dude what takes off his "human" body to reveal those horrid shrinky dink snake arms. And stupid snake hands Skeletor. LAME.

Fisto looked pretty sweet. Where's Jujitsu and WEBSTOR?!?!?

Jury's out on the new Stratos and Man-at-Arms. I can't decide if I don't like them because they aren't the classic look or what. Duncan looks like he aged about a hundred years. Stratos would be sweet if it were a new character.

evenflow
07-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Kobra Khan looks best out of the Snakemen. Fisto's not bad, but no sword? Whats up with that?

smurfvader
07-29-2003, 10:18 PM
In case you haven't heard, Target is going to be rearranging theier toy department on Sunday. They are holding back lots of toys including the Mutant Slime pit. Here is the DPCI# 087-06-0632. The cost is 29.99$

JIm

evenflow
07-30-2003, 10:14 AM
Evil Lynn has been found, sadly not by me, but she is out.

El Chuxter
07-31-2003, 01:01 PM
She's been found by me. :p

(Not trying to brag, but I wanted to post about my new finds here, and that seemed the funniest way to do so.)

I also scored this morning Man-E-Faces and both versions of Buzz-Off. :D:D (Question for anyone in the know: there were only two Buzz-Offs there, one with a painted smile and one without. Which version is the ultra-rare variant I should keep carded?)

They also had some funky metallic neon repaints of Skeletor, Mer-Man, and Tri-Klops. Tri-Klops and Mer-Man would still be okay for someone who missed them the first time, but Skeletor was funky. The skull was orange and, IIRC, the body was metallic blue. I expected to see the name listed as "Disco Inferno Armor Skeletor." (Strangely enough, though I didn't get him today, he was so odd looking I might pick him up later.

smurfvader
07-31-2003, 01:54 PM
I also scored this morning Man-E-Faces and both versions of Buzz-Off. :D:D [b](Question for anyone in the know: there were only two Buzz-Offs there, one with a painted smile and one without. Which version is the ultra-rare variant I should keep carded?)[/b.

The painted on smile is the variant.

JIm

RooJay
08-03-2003, 09:33 PM
I've seen that funky lookin' Skeletor repaint also. I actually thought it was a knock-off at first. :crazed:

Has anyone else else had a problem finding Masters of the Universe figures at TRU? I frequent no fewer than four TRU's and neither of them has had much of anything in the past couple months besides Smash Blade He-Man and the transforming Eagle and Bat backpack thingies! I wonder what the deal is with that.

Jayspawn
08-04-2003, 12:06 AM
I have not had any problems. My TRU has been very slow latley on MOTU but just recently stocked some Man-E-Faces. A few I think.

Anyhoo, my Target stores have stocked the Slime Pit w/ figure. It's cool looking but not for $30!!!!

Sentinel18725
08-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Tomart's posted this month that the new six miniature He Man figures are out. Seeing that these are all on clearance all over the place, does anyone have any suggestions on where to obtain these? Diamond has them but they are a case purchase only. Thanks.

RooJay
08-04-2003, 01:36 AM
Tomart's posted this month that the new six miniature He Man figures are out. Seeing that these are all on clearance all over the place, does anyone have any suggestions on where to obtain these? Diamond has them but they are a case purchase only. Thanks.

I found all of mine at the local Dollar Tree store (probably more than a month ago, actually) for a buck apiece! I might be able to help you out with them if'n you're interested. Send me a PM.

El Chuxter
08-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Be careful with your Mekanecks. . . . Mine fell from his perch yesterday, and his club broke in two near the top of the handle. :cry: I spoke with a friend, and the same thing happened to his a day or two earlier. This looks like an epidemic of sorts.

If yours is displayed on a high shelf (I'd say four feet or above), I'd recommend moving him back where he can't fall all the way.

THE Slayer
08-19-2003, 10:55 PM
The new repaints of skeletor and triclops are . . . odd. I did pick up TriK and Merman though. Anyone else?

JediTricks
08-20-2003, 12:37 AM
Skeletor is yet another case of eye poison. The Triklops repaint is far less awful, though neither have a reason to exist on our planet at all.

THE Slayer
08-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Agreed. Merman's repaint is very close to the original, and not as hard on the eyes, I never think I will understand why skeletor is gold. . . metallic!

Nevertheless, it was a good idea in someone's mind at mattel. And they should have to stare at skeletor all day long until they realize that they were wrong.

RooJay
08-20-2003, 06:08 PM
I guess Mattel decided to beat the bootleggers at their own game with these ones. :eek: :crazed:

JediTricks
08-20-2003, 11:50 PM
By making yet another unbuyable toy in the MOTU line? :D

evenflow
09-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Roboto is out, a couple of auctions are up on ebay.

Jayspawn
09-08-2003, 09:33 AM
All the metalic repaints are sitting at my TRU. Why oh why did you make these Mattel???

RooJay
09-12-2003, 02:26 AM

I saw a multi-pack gift set for the series 2 mini-figures just the other day at TRU. It contains Jungle Attack He-Man, Snake Armor Skeletor, Orko, and an exclusive Ram Man. Kind of strange though that TRU would get the multi-pack but not the individual series 2 figures.

THE Slayer
09-12-2003, 11:38 AM
I saw the repainted gold ram-man today. It doesnt look that bad, when compared to skeletor or even triclops.
Has anyone found evil-lyn yet. I haven't.

smurfvader
09-12-2003, 10:41 PM
They showed up at dollar stores here in New Jersey. More specifically Dollar Tree.

JIm

THE Slayer
09-30-2003, 04:17 PM
Apparently friday was some national 'buy a pegwarmer' day according to He-man.org. Did anyone know about, or much less, do this?

Sadly the He-man toys at Walmart ACTUALLY have dust on them . . .

RooJay
09-30-2003, 06:12 PM
What's worse - none of my nearby TRU's have much of anything He-Man. A couple pegs worth of the Eagle and Bat accessory thingamajiggers, a couple of the smaller vehicles, and perhaps one or two older figures at each location. In fact, they don't even have full endcaps for He-Man stuff anymore - seems MOTU is sharing what's become quite a tiny section with a couple other odds-and-ends toy lines at each of the three nearby stores I've been visiting recently. :confused: They've actually been like that way for the past couple months. :( If I didn't know any better I'd think that TRU is no longer planning on carrying MOTU toys. :mad:

THE Slayer
01-22-2004, 08:21 PM
Ok, to drudge up an old thread, He-man.org has posted a link to send comments to Mattel. I guess that could help, possibly not I'm unsure. All the stores in my area have stopped stocking or even making room for figs. So thats bad I guess.
I've read reports of Snake men figs showing up sporadically in some places. Does anyone have any info on where these "sites" are/have been??

plasticfetish
01-23-2004, 02:07 AM
Last friday I spotted some of the new Snake Men figures at my local comic book store. They tend to get things like that in 2 or 3 weeks before I see them at retail.

Beast
01-23-2004, 02:20 AM
The only place I have heard confirmed of getting the Snake Men in decent numbers was Aldi's. I'm glad I bailed on the series when I did. Though I've been keeping my peepers on things. Too many He-Man's, Too many Skeletors, a lack of supporting characters. Mattel vowing that they wouldn't make King Randor, Queen Marlena, even shockingly Sorceress, unless it was as an exclusive. And the commits that they wouldn't make things like Palace Guards, etc. It just doomed the line from the beginning. Mattel needs to learn how to run a successful toy line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
01-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Its really too bad. All signs are pointing to that the line is done. It could have been really great. I wish I could have gotten a Clawful figure.

El Chuxter
01-23-2004, 12:22 PM
A friend told me he read it was officially cancelled. :cry: I've not confirmed this, but it seems like the case.

Let's bow our heads in a moment of silence for the Hordak figure that could've been.

jjreason
01-23-2004, 02:10 PM
This is too bad. The newer versions were looking great. They should have made Moss Man right at the beginning, the awesomeness of that figure would have hooked thousands of collectors into this line from day one. Who can turn down an action figure that doubles as an air freshener for your closet? :crazed:

Beast
02-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Some possible news about the fate of MOTU. It makes sense, since it wasn't in the Toy Fair Press Release. Looks like the line will become a speciality retailer and mail-order line only. Because Mattel has no retailer support left to keep the line in regular stores. No big suprise, they slit their own throats on this one. This post is from over on AmericanDreamComics. :)

The word from Mattel Reps *at the Fair* is that MOTU does not have a presence because the line is being refocused as a Mail-order, or on-line ordering line. The major stores (Wal MArt, K-Mart, KB, Target, TRU, etc) do not want the line. They will not order it. But Mattel is aware that we'll still buy the product. So they're not wasting time with product as Toy Fair, becasue they're not going to be selling MOTU to the clientel that they're interested in at Toy Fair.

The line is not cancelled. It's simply being diverted to a Collector-oriented platform of on-line, specialty stores, and the like.

It might be better this way. With no odd case pack-outs, we may all have a shot at getting new figures as they come out. We may just have to pay more for them.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
02-13-2004, 01:34 PM
I don't know how you Americans are faring, but we've been getting an odd shipment of MOTU into our Zellers stores over the past couple of weeks. Seeing numerous (read: lots) of older, HTF figures like Orko, Whiplash, Mekanek, Fire Armor Skeletor, amid others on the shelves. Have you guys been seeing them down there? Still no Mer Man, Stratos, Beast Man, regular Man At Arms, Teela, Evil-Lyn.

Bosskman
02-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Hey JJ, I've read over on the heman.org boards about Canadians finding older HTF MOTU (up to Man-E-Faces) at Zellers. Nothing here in NB from what I've seen but I hope to at least find something in stores here before the end. The internet is an expensive place to buy MOTU. But if that's the only way to get them so be it.

RooJay
02-13-2004, 09:49 PM
If this is true, I really applaud Mattel's efforts on keeping the line alive. Honestly, even though figures may become more expensive (I'd be willing to pay more to keep the line going) - I really think this could be great! No more crappy He-Man and Skeletor variants - or at least fewer and farther between - and we just might have a shot at all of those cool characters we want only much easier to find! I say bring it on. Good move Mattel; thanks for the effort! :D

JediTricks
02-14-2004, 12:25 PM
I don't totally believe what was said. The big retailers generally don't even do Feb Toy Fair anymore, they have their own October pre-TF thing now; Toy Fair is used primarily for appealing to alternate stores like specialty shops, etailers, and alternate retailers like drug stores, so it doesn't make sense why the line wouldn't show up at TF if that's who Mattel is going to try to cater to. Seems like another nail in this line's coffin, Mattel should just start pumping out all the HTF figs to Target & TRU now while they can, try to juice the line that way before it's too late.

Beast
02-19-2004, 11:57 AM
More word on the Death of He-Man and Masters of the Universe. From Action-Figure.com:

Mattel: US TOYFAIR: What About He-Man?
Posted by adrian on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 08:34 AM EST

The question everyone wants answered is what exactly is going on with the Masters of the Universe brand right now...

OK, so as some of you may have gathered there were no Masters of the Universe figures on display at the Mattel showroom.

Mattel told me that the sales of the Snakemen just weren't high enough to justify further waves. Mattel's own Market Research puts the collectors Market for MOTU as about 10 - 15% of all sales (I think it's higher).

Now, trust me when I say that there are those that understand why the line failed (don't make the mistake of painting all of Mattel with the same brush), how big the potential is, and that you guys are wanting MOTU to live. Just about everyone I spoke to was talking about the line, it was the talk of ToyFair.

Now Mattel is saying that they might release some further figures as collector club exclusives or as direct to consumer internet sales. I also know that overseas, Masters of the Universe is doing pretty well. I further know that a number of sculpts already exist.

So what's gonna happen? Actually, there's a lot of movement on MOTU but I don't want to give you false hope nor be a naysayer. Those that need to know that there is still demand for MOTU figures, know. They now have to go off and use that data, so it could go quiet for a while, the fans have done their job, and it's now a time to wait and see, what happens. It's only when (/ if) things get decided, we'll know more and be able to tell you more.

If you ask me whether we'll ever see further figures, I honestly can't say. I'm neither optomistic nor pessamistic. There's too many things that could happen for me to predict, so all I can do is sit here and wait and see what unfolds.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
02-19-2004, 01:51 PM
My friend's fiance found TWO Evil-Lyns and a Roboto down in Georgia last week while she was on a business trip. So that's the end of the line for me. No Zodak, no Fisto (c'mon people, that's who it is...) and no Roboto for me.

I've come to think of the Batman and MOTU lines as synonomous since Mattel is shmucking both of them up with the same incompetence. It's Marvel Legends and Muppets for me now. If Toybiz or Palisades were given the DC license, I would be a happy happy hunter.

THE Slayer
02-19-2004, 09:41 PM
To look on the brighter side. ebay prices for Roboto and evil Lyn have dropped to like 8 bucks.. plus shipping of course.

Jedibill
02-24-2004, 10:34 PM
has anyone even seen the snakemen line in a store?

Dark Marble
02-25-2004, 11:41 AM
I haven't seen any snakemen in the stores. Actually it is getting hard to find MOTU in stores at all.

RooJay
02-26-2004, 12:58 PM
I got extremely lucky yesterday and happened to find a Roboto at a nearby KB. I never imagined I would ever be so lucky to own one, and especially not to find one for less than retail; He-Man figures are only five bucks at KB right now! I think I'll play the lottery this week...

I have seen one Snake Men figure (Venom Spitting Khan) at a local comic shop for an outrageous price. If the line's continued existence is dependent upon sales of these guys...then we're in trouble. We can't buy 'em if we can't find 'em. Unless of course, there are so few of them out there that they've already sold out. I which case we've already won! :sur: :sur: :sur: :D

jjreason
03-05-2004, 12:47 AM
The Snake Men figures were available through KEBco within the past week. I think they were 8.99 each. Maybe Mattel has already started the move to the online retailers with these, as there haven't been very many posts about them getting to retail.

I watched this line for the entire time, humming and hawing over certain figures. Well I finally broke down and bought the first version of He-Man; I found one at my TRU that had the (what I believe is the) original, 4 bladed emblem on his chest as opposed to the modified 6 bladed one. 6.86 it cost me on clearance, down from 12.99. I wasn't very impressed, the figure doesn't have very much (read not very much AT ALL) in terms of articulation. I don't know what I was expecting, but compared to my Toy Biz figures of similar size this guy is lacking. Looks nice on display, but that's about it. Might grab a Fire Armor Skeletor to go with him if they're still on sale at Zellers when I get in there next time.

THE Slayer
03-05-2004, 02:33 PM
I found an Evil Lyn for the first time today at KB. Granted I had already traded for one. But it was still a nice feeling. I have seen the snakemen a couple times. I picked mine up at Aldi before xmas, and they haven't gotten any in since. So now I'm only lacking Zodac and Kobra Kahn.

Beast
03-09-2004, 02:23 AM
Welp, it's official. He-Man as a toyline is pretty much dead in the US. It sounds like it will continue overseas though. Which screws a lot of fans. Also, the Comic Con exclusive has been revealed. She-Ra. Here's the news and a rough mock-up, straight from Mattel, via He-Man.org.

Mattel PR and 2004 Con Exclusive!

Fans had a lot of questions to ask in round 9.0 of WFWTK. But because so many were very specific questions, especially in terms of new figures, Mattel has touched base on almost all fan concerns with a summary of events. Here is what they had to say:

"We're sad to report that Masters is no longer at US mass retailers. It's definitely not due to Mattel's lack of interest, but because of lackluster sales that led to no support in Spring 2004.

The new line of Snake Men are currently being distributed through websites, magazines, and specialty retail stores. This will continue to be the case in the future for US sales.

The future of the cartoon will be determined at a later date. Ratings were average in the US. However the show continues to do extremely well internationally.

We are still working through the details on DVDs. Whatever cartoons are released via DVD would be packaged as sets in the US. That's all we can say at the moment. International fans should not be discouraged by this.

There is still full support for the international market. It is unfortunate how Masters has performed in the US. But as long as international sales continue as they are, we will continue the line internationally. We are even getting ready to shoot commercials for Spitbull and the Mecha Crunch Action figures.

Toys that have only been released internationally will probably not make it to the US. But you never know what can be imported by various retailers.

And there is still hope for US fans. We have a number of figures sculpted that have never seen the shelves. Snake Armor He-man is one example. If the interest continues to grow, we may be able to ship them to US specialty retailers interested in carrying the line. There are a number of figures from the Four Horsemen that have never been seen that we would love to see produced and in the hands of fans across the globe."

So there you have it!
Mattel has been keeping an eye on fans and have listened to phone calls, to e-mails, and the petition. They definitely want to keep Masters going.

International fans have a lot to cheer for!
And for US fans, stores (including the He-Store) can all pool together to import figures from Europe or other countries. And if we continue to voice our support, maybe nothing will have to be imported at all. But it all depends on getting the word out and making sure all fans stand up and shout!

Make sure you spread the word about the petition.
And make sure you call and e-mail Mattel to show your support!
International Mattel Offices - Phone & Address Contact Info
USA Mattel Offices - Phone Contact Info
USA Mattel E-Mail Feedback Form
It DOES make a difference.

But what about this year's convention exclusive?
A lot of fans will jump for joy!...
SHE-RA HAS RETURNED!
Check out this rough color mockup over the current Four Horsemen sculpt!

Yes, it borrows from the Teela figure, and the colors overlayed are a bit rough around the edges (especially on the face).
But in true Four Horsemen style, it looks incredible!
We can't wait to see the final version!

Now, don't go spreading rumors about She-Ra coming to the cartoon, or a new Princess of Power toy line.

This is only She-Ra as a figure, and that's it. Will there be more? Well, you need to let Mattel know if you want more.

Also, we're sure some of you felt your heart sink because it's a con exclusive.
But all we'll say is don't let the fact that it's a con exclusive discourage you.
Mattel has told us that they are upping production numbers for She-Ra in light of last year's demand for Keldor.

She-Ra will be available at Wizard World Chicago and the San Diego International Comic Con... and anywhere else? Well, maybe! But we suggest considering coming to a show to get yours!

Mattel will be there, the Four Horsemen will be there, MVCreations will be there, and more!

There's a lot to see and do and people to meet, all in addition to getting She-Ra!...a figure many of us have asked for year after year!

We know we can't wait for summer of 2004!
http://he-man.org/news_images/shera/SheRa.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-09-2004, 08:29 PM
First off, let's hope they keep working on that She-ra, yucko! And too much poor photoshop as well.

Mattel is an idiot for cutting the US totally out of the mix, instead of doing weak sales and rebuilding a customer base, they're going to alienate their retail partners and customers altogether, what a brilliant plan. :rolleyes:

evenflow
03-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Bad news and just mor ebad news. Why not at least start up the collectors club that they talked about to get the figures to us. I want She-Ra, but once again cant get across the country to get to the cons, why can tthey have it in NY too?

THE Slayer
03-21-2004, 11:45 PM
Well I'm most likely to customize my own She Ra, since shes nearly the same as Teela to begin with. ANd judging by the response to some of my custom Thundercats I'm confident that I could pull her off . . .

jjreason
03-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Don't be shy, start looking around other forums for people who are attending the event(s) she'll be available at. Start making connections now, and I'm sure you'll be able to find someone that can hook you up. I've had lots of luck working that way, tons of collectors appreciate the difficulties of the hobby and can't wait to help out.

RooJay
04-28-2004, 10:10 PM
I picked up the new version of Castle Greyskull this past weekend at KB for only $19.99, so for those who were wondering - yes, it has been released. I never picked up the original release version (the one that works with the chips if the figures' feet) so I can't say for certain how different it is, but the box art features Zodak, Roboto, and Snake Armor He-Man among others.

Beast
05-13-2004, 07:04 AM
Well, here's the final finished She-Ra con figure. It looks good, but there's already some folks complaining about the cloth cape and the crappy rooted hair. Eh, I don't care, I'm glad I stopped collecting the line. Especially since Mattel ran it so crappy, that the line is basically dead anyway. :rolleyes:

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
Comic-Con International (July 22-25, San Diego, CA), Wizard World Chicago (Aug. 13-15, Rosemont, IL)

• SHE-RA - What could possibly be hotter than Keldor? How ’bout She-Ra? That’s right…that She-Ra. He-Man’s long-lost twin sister is long-lost no more, as she becomes the newest Masters convention exclusive from Mattel. The figure, which is partially based on a Teela figure, will have rooted hair and come with be available in greater quantities than last year’s Keldor, but you know the demand is there, so get one fast. ($20)
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
05-13-2004, 08:11 AM
I saw that. I think it is a nice mix between MOTU & POP. I like it and hope I am some how able to get one.

THE Slayer
05-13-2004, 06:26 PM
I'm not quite sure how I feel... I will probably get one, but It's a figure that I think I could easily customize. I don't like the gold color of her sword, I may paint that.

JediTricks
05-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I forgot this line still existed, my local comic shop is still trying to get $15 and up for both common figures and Snakemen-sub-line figures. I'm really shocked to hear suggestion that this could be more popular than Keldor, I'm just not seeing it.

JediTricks
05-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Found Man-E-Faces at KB in Panorama City today for $5. All the basics are $5 (lots and lots of Spin Blade Skeletors, but several Orkos, Ram-Mans, He-Man and variations, and Mekaneks too) and there are other items of fairly good price as well. Man-E, Evil Lyn, and big-hand Man-At-Arms (which I'm not sure ever got released) were the last figures I wanted from this line, so it was a cool find.

RooJay
06-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Do they have any more Evil-Lyn figures left? I'd love to have one if you could maybe help me out!
The "big hand Man-At-Arms" was released - I saw him once at Kay Bee nearly a year ago.

Lman316
06-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Last time I was out of town, I found tons of the Snake Men line at a Media Play. King Hiss, The General (or Rattlor, as I believe he was originally called), He-Man, Man-At-Arms and the re-cards of Tri-Klops and Whiplash...
I picked up one of the Generals for $8.99 - mostly for nostalgia reasons (as I'm probably quoted in this thread, I was really starting to dislike the Masters line). But when I opened this figure, I was a bit surprised. I didn't mind it too much. The action feature - spring loaded neck - doesn't bother me. It doesn't hinder anything as you can still turn the General's head.
It's articulation is still limited, and I wish it had a bendy tail, but overall, I think this is one of the better figures.

If anyone needs any of those figures, let me know. I'll see if I can pick them up the next time I go (might not be any time soon, but at least I'll know to look).

End...

P.S. Oh, yeah, JT... I'm with Roo Jay. If they have any Evil Lyn's, think you could help me out? :D

RooJay
06-05-2004, 10:15 PM
Hey Lman, if you spot any Zodak or Fisto figures grab 'em for me. I will certainly be willing to pay you for 'em! Seen any Snake Armor He-Man? Was he even released?

I might get back to you on those Snake Men...

Lman316
06-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey Lman, if you spot any Zodak or Fisto figures grab 'em for me. I will certainly be willing to pay you for 'em! Seen any Snake Armor He-Man? Was he even released?

I might get back to you on those Snake Men...

Not a problem, Roo Jay. I remembered that I'll be going up that way twice in the next couple of weeks. So, I'll be sure to check. And I'll let you know what - if anything - I find.

Apparently, the silver Snake Armor He-Man was never released (at least that's what I got from Toyfare). They just had some kind of Snake Hunter He-Man with a reddish costume at Media Play.

End...

JediTricks
06-07-2004, 07:37 PM
I didn't see Evil-Lyn, I said I still WANT one. :p

Roojay, are you sure it was that big-hand Man-At-Arms and not the other new one, the Snakemen one with snake-fighting junk? (Or are these the same figure?)

I too was just wondering what happened to Snake-men He-Man, as I just came across a photo of the upcoming item. Cancelled, huh? Gee, I wonder why this line failed. :rolleyes: Mattel really sucks here.

RooJay
06-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Nope it was definitely Battle Glove Man-At-Arms. We hadn't even seen anything other test shot photos of the Snake Men line when I found him. He didn't interest me in the slightest, but I nearly picked him up for my brother who owns every other figure released prior to the Snake Men.
Although I have seen the Snake Armor Man-At-Arms figure also at Mediaplay once.

evenflow
06-08-2004, 08:24 AM
I thought Battle Glove Man-At-Arms was never released?

RooJay
06-10-2004, 02:02 PM
...and yet, there he was just hangin' on a peg there at KB...

El Chuxter
06-10-2004, 02:11 PM
I saw Battle Glove Man-At-Arms several months ago at a FAO Schwarz, but wasn't willing to pay their exhorbitant (nearly scalper-level) prices. Which is a shame, because of all the cheesy resculpts they did, Man-At-Arms with a cool weapon is the most logical.

Given that the line is dead and some of the later stuff is popping up at KB, I think I might as well just get all the rehashes and repaints and everything. It's sad how Mattel left this line stranded. :cry:

JediTricks
06-10-2004, 08:18 PM
What amazes me is how Mattel still continues to claim the line does well overseas. If that were true, why haven't we seen a production version of Snakeman He-Man??? I never understood why Mattel screwed up the line and then said "the line's future now depends on how the Snakemen sub-line does", why would kids who are just getting into this line give that much of a crap about this sub-line?

RooJay
06-10-2004, 09:01 PM
What amazes me is how Mattel still continues to claim the line does well overseas. If that were true, why haven't we seen a production version of Snakeman He-Man??? I never understood why Mattel screwed up the line and then said "the line's future now depends on how the Snakemen sub-line does", why would kids who are just getting into this line give that much of a crap about this sub-line?

Yeah! Especially if they can't find them anywhere?! What kind of sense does that make? :stupid:

kool-aid killer
06-27-2004, 03:54 PM
I was browsing through the toy aisle of a local store when i came across Snake sub line Zodak, Big Fist (or whatever hes called) and General Hiss. I dont collect the line so i didnt pick any up but is anybody looking for these or are they nobody special? If so let me know ASAP and i will go back looking them.

RooJay
06-28-2004, 01:39 PM
I'd definitely like a Zodak and Battle Fist if you can help me with 'em! I might want the Snake Men figures also, but I'd have to think about it a bit more. Drop me a line if you can help.

evenflow
06-28-2004, 03:30 PM
I really wish I had a contact overseas. I really want SA He-Man and all the new figures that will come out. Not interested in resculpts though. Where is the word of the Collector's Club :(

El Chuxter
07-07-2004, 12:13 PM
I just found out that there's a Mattel warehouse of some sort in San Bernardino, and I asked my wife to stop by and check out their store yesterday.

Now I got me Rattlor and Coil-Crush Skeletor!!

One really stupid question: why is Rattlor's name listed only as "The General" on the packaging? I know he's Rattlor, but if these had been distributed enough so that kids had any chance of finding them, how would they know?

THE Slayer
07-07-2004, 12:42 PM
I have a Zodak and I think a KING HSSS that I could sell. Ill have to check on the second one though...
I guess I'll post this, http://wtf.yi.org/SheRa1.jpg as well. Its one of my customs.
Here are the others. http://wtf.yi.org/SheRa2.jpg and http://wtf.yi.org/SheRa222.jpg
Since I wasn't going to the con I decided to make my own.

I also picked up the Skeletor MICRO bust at media play, I like it!

Also.. I think that Rattlor is "THE General" was because of some sort of copyright issues. I know it doesn't make sense, but the same goes for "Battle Fist" instead of Fisto. Mattle sux so its ok I guess.

evenflow
07-07-2004, 04:20 PM
SA He-Man seems to be out in Canada too. Looks liek it may be a little easier for us to get him.

RooJay
07-22-2004, 04:13 PM
What the hell?! What is this supposed to mean to us loyal fans do you all suppose? Imagine the uproar if, after having shown these beauties at the San Diego ComicCon, if Mattel were to announce that they'll only be available in Europe and Asia! Don't get me wrong - it's an amazing relief to actually see new He-Man figures (especially since there seems to be only one new He-Man in the assortment, and it's one we pretty much all want anyway), but what're the chances that any of us here in the US will ever see any of these at a decent price?! And why no official word either? Are Mattel just teasing us by showing us what could've been had they not had their heads up where the sun don't shine for the past two years? Is the line actually not dead as we've previously been told? Can someone who's actually at the show please ask for us?

http://www.action-figure.com/Article12320.html

evenflow
07-22-2004, 04:36 PM
These new figures look amazing. I really hope that we are able to get them somehow. Maybe if the cases are mostly new figures it will be worth picking then up from the He-Store.

Any one else think that sculpted hair She-Ra will be released to the public (well Europe anyway) and that the rooted hair version is the SDCC exclusive.

RooJay
07-22-2004, 05:54 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking also. I remember that the sculpted hair version was supposed to be the SDCC exclusive, but that it was later changed to the rooted hair version. Possibly so that the one could be released to the general public (at least for Europe) while still maintaining the uniqueness of the exclusive version?

El Chuxter
07-29-2004, 02:26 PM
My wife stopped by the very same Mattel warehouse store and this time came home with Zodak and Battle Fist[o]! :D (The store's hours suck, so there's no possible way for me to get there when they're open.)

They are on the most damaged cards imaginable (I'm surprised the figures are in one piece), but they're mine now!

(Don't worry, y'all. I've told her that I want all the new Snake Men figures for myself, but to pick up any extras she comes across. I know how tough these are going to be to find, and I'd hate for anyone to resort to eBay.)

THE Slayer
07-29-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm with the sentiment that the two-ups are "what was going to be, but then we screwed up, BUT if you're really lucky we still might make them."
Hordak was my fav so I have put my custom on the backburner.
I will get she Ra if she is cheap, I'll see what the .org has rumored.
I also like the Sorcoress a lot, but I also have a custom of her for the moment.
To which I cannot currently find the link . . .

But I really want a new toon acurate MOSS man, which should be taller than He-man!!

THE Slayer
07-29-2004, 04:42 PM
I found it! Sorceress (http://wtf.yi.org/Sorceress.jpg)

Oh, I also have a Zodak and Hsss for anyone who may be interested. Pm me.

Has anyone picked up the MICRO statues, I got Skeletor and I like it.

Beast
08-09-2004, 07:32 PM
I said it before, and I'll say it again. Mattel hates the fans, and has no clue how to make them happy and run a successful toy line anywhere but into the ground. Now they're making a play to take over the He-Man.Org website, due to copyright issues. This was posted last night over at He-Man.Org by JVS3, aka Val Staples. Who currently owns the site and is the head of MVCreations, writer of the Masters of the Universe Comic. He's also one of the guys primarily responsible for bringing Masters of the Universe back from the dead. :rolleyes:

It's come to my attention that Mattel may absorb He-Man.org.
It's actually something that Mattel has pushed on us for over a year now, but has never really acted on it.
Still, lately, I fear the worst.

It could be in their right to own He-Man.org, as the name He-Man is a federally owned trademark of Mattel's.
I'm not sure where we stand legally since we've had this site in operation for many a year.
It's not Mattel just owning the domain name that troubles me.
What worries me is that, if Mattel owned He-Man.org, they would slowly tighten their grip on the site content itself until it's become part of their company and devoid of fan control/input.

They claim this won't happen, but given everything I've seen over the past two years, I don't trust a lot of what I'm told any more.

We've all fought hard for MOTU.
This site was one of the biggest catalysts for the rebirth of MOTU.
It's the largest site for information and news on MOTU.
And I think the only reason Mattel probably hasn't come in and forced it away from us is because they are scared of how fans will react.

I've stood by Mattel through a lot of things I don't necessarily agree with.
But please remember, there are a lot of good people at Mattel who fight for the fans and He-Man.org.
So cursing the company as a whole is wrong, because we blame everyone in the process... even those who are fighting the good fight.

But it's the few people there that make the less-than-popular decisions that worry me. And it's only a few, but that's all it takes.

If it comes down to it, I'd rather move He-Man.org to a new domain rather than have a bunch of suits come in and take away what is an important part of many of our lives.
This is not only a MOTU resource, but a strong community where we all feel at home regardless of how long you've been here or how passionate of a fan you may be.

It sickens me... thinking of abandoning the name He-Man.org
It's a recognizable name across the globe, even branded on shirts that many of you wear (and I thank you all for making those shirts a reality)
But if worse came to worst, I won't let Mattel take over this site.

I've seen Mattel ignore He-Man.org input (fans, creators, etc) in favor of some bad internal ideas.
I've watching horrible case ratios clog the pegs.
I've endured Mattel's calls on less-than-spectacular non-Four Horsemen toy designs.
I've witnessed bad time slots and presentation for the cartoon.
Some of which could be stopped, some of which was uncontrolable.
And now, I'm fighting to keep the comic alive for the fans despite regulations that have made it almost impossible to maintain sales in this competitive comic industry.

And despite it all, like many of you, I still fight for this brand.
I don't want it to end, even though I've been holding onto the crap end of a stick for longer than I would for anything else in this world.

So my question to everyone here:
Should we move He-Man.org to a new domain, free from any potential assault from Mattel Legal?

I hate having to post this.
But I can't stand by and watch yet another possible insult handed out to all of us.

I encourage every fan who attends Wizard World Chicago to stop by Mattel and TELL them how you feel..
About how they've handled the toys
About what you've seen with the cartoon
About what you want to see done with the comic
And how you feel about He-Man.org

Be it good, bad, or a mixture, tell them how you feel....please...
:(

Thanks everyone.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

THE Slayer
08-10-2004, 12:30 AM
Oh my . . .

RooJay
08-10-2004, 03:10 PM
It's too bad we couldn't all get together and stage some kind of corporate coup to get rid of the fool in charge over at Mattel. Things would be so much better. The whole point of their operation is to make money. The answers about the means to make that money are so plain for us all to see, and yet the guys in charge over there seem utterly incapable of seeing it. And they went to school and got degrees for this kind of stuff!!! :eek: I swear I could do easily twice as good a job for half the pay...

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

evenflow
08-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Its terrible what they are doing.

SithDroid
08-29-2004, 12:02 AM
I haven't seen a new MOTU figure here in town for over a year, which is sad because I liked the new line. I think the last figure I got was last summer. Man Omaha sucks for collecting figures.

kool-aid killer
08-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Where do you hunt mofo?

Beast
09-19-2004, 02:43 PM
For anyone that needs a She-Ra, they are available from the He-Store for 20.00.

http://mvcreations.safeshopper.com/37/146.htm?422

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hamsterboy
07-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Fred's,a chain mostly in the South,has gotten in the Snake Men heroes,in case you missed them at Aldis. Word has it,both Snake Men heroes and villians are at Burlington Coat.

El Chuxter
03-06-2008, 01:50 PM
I didn't see this (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=34&p2_articleid=1989) coming!

Mattel will be attending the New York Comic Con and they will be debuting their new Masters of the Universe toys!

This is from the schedule of panels for the New York Comic Con:

Saturday: 2:00-3:00 – Masters of the Universe DVD release! At long last the popular 2002 MOTU animated series is out on DVD! Come help celebrate this release with a special screening of episode 35 –The Power of Grayskull and learn the secret origin of the most Powerful Man in the Universe- HE-MAN!
PLUS- the world premier of brand new MOTU toy news- revealed here for the very first time! Q&A with Mattel toy designers to follow.

ActionFigs.com will be there to bring you the latest news and pictures!

I wonder if new episodes, even if direct to DVD, would be too much to hope for?

JediTricks
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I don't think anybody saw this coming, very left-field.

DarthQuack
03-06-2008, 05:14 PM
I'd be kind of optimistic....if they made the figures like they did in the 80's :) I picked up the DVD release a couple weeks ago....came with a nice box to house the other releases in too.

El Chuxter
03-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Ideally, I'd like them to put the cartoon on a major network (maybe Saturday mornings) and air re-runs first, to get kids hooked on it. Re-release the existing figures a few at a time with new characters. Then, in about a year, start airing new episodes.

That whole thing with the Snake Men was never fully resolved. And Hordak was supposed to appear in the next season.

Maybe Mattel finally realized that this actually would've done quite well if they'd allowed the 'toon to catch on more with kids (rather than airing it at night on cable) and didn't completely saturate the market with He-Man and Skeletor resculpts, and they're willing to fix their earlier mistake.

JetsAndHeels
03-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Well if they are doing a new line, I am all for it.

I went back and looked through my stuff that I had stored and found a few of the new figs I never opened. Even had an Evil Lyn in there....from what I remember she was one of the harder ones to find.

jjreason
03-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Were there ever any pictures? I thought the figures were going pretty well last time - but as Chux posted there were WAY, WAY too many He-Man and Skeletor figures.

DarthQuack
03-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I haven't noticed any pics up at He-Man.org yet...

El Chuxter
03-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Read the quoted article from actionfigs.com. They've not been revealed yet.

Guess what? Guess what?

BUUURRRRRRRRRRNNNN!!!!

:p

DarthQuack
03-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Read the quoted article from actionfigs.com. They've not been revealed yet.

Guess what? Guess what?

BUUURRRRRRRRRRNNNN!!!!

:p

Oh go watch Watchmen or join in or whatever... :P

JediTricks
03-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Less and less networks are broadcasting kids' programming beyond their educational requirements, the CW is dropping Kids WB at the end of this year which is throwing cartoon industry into chaos. So often, cable is their only bet, and it's not Nickelodeon who doesn't air anything they don't produce anymore. That leaves Cartoon Network, and that'd work fine if the scheduling and marketing departments there weren't run so incompetently. Maybe 6 hours of Kids Next Door and Ed Edd & Eddie isn't the BEST use of your afterschool timeslots.

RooJay
03-07-2008, 03:00 AM
I've been expecting the announcement of new figures for at least several weeks now - Mattel practically came right out and did just that in one of their Q&As a while ago. I was actually surprised they weren't shown at Toy Fair.

El Chuxter
03-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Hmm. If the networks are dropping their kids' programming (this would be, what, the third time in the last decade?), then Cartoon Network could be more competitive than it was in 2002.

jjreason
03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
I can't believe I got pwned by some dude sporting a "Stan Lee as the Punisher" avatar. :rolleyes: :p

El Chuxter
03-07-2008, 01:42 PM
You referring to me?

In what way did I pwn you? I merely pwned DarthQuack.

El Chuxter
04-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh, God. I may be premature in saying so, but this (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=24527) does not bode well.

DarthQuack
04-19-2008, 12:38 PM
What's wrong with Vintage???? I'd love to see another vintage line make it's return :P

DarthQuack
04-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Here's the first picture (http://www.he-man.org/news_images/NYCC2008/king_grayskull.jpg) up.....King Grayskull it is!

Beast
04-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Here's the first picture (http://www.he-man.org/news_images/NYCC2008/king_grayskull.jpg) up.....King Grayskull it is!
Wow, figure looks great. Maybe they won't kill the line out of the gate this time.

There's also going to be a varaint of it... that looks like a statue.

El Chuxter
04-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Whew! The vintage He-Man with recolored vintage Zodak armor scared the hell out of me. That King Greyskull looks much better, even if I don't remember him at all.

Looks like he's from one of the few episodes of the new series I've not seen yet. And he has the "we're scared people will think He-Man is a Nazi" asterix logo. This does bode very well indeed.

So, what is the funky vintage He-Man, then?

Beast
04-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Here's the full news on the return of Masters of the Universe...

2008 NYCC - He-Man (Updated w/Images)
by James in Mattel at 04:17 PM on 2008.04.19

Scott Knightlich, a production manager with Mattel, lead the He-Man panel at the New York Comic Con today. The presentation served a two-fold purpose. First was to showcase the upcoming release of the DVD for volume three of the 2002 Masters of the Universe cartoon that was shown on Cartoon Network.

The first volume of the series is currently available. Volume two is set to be released in May of this year. The third volume featuring the final episodes of the series is due in July, 2008.

Mattel has had discussions about finishing the main story line of that series in some other format, such as a DVD release or perhaps a comic book. The collector fan base of that series is large and loyal, but the cartoon never really found a broad juvenile market so Mattel was not able to continue it.

The upcoming live action He-Man movie is still in the script development stage so there is no announcement about that.

The new MOTU toy line that was announced at SDCC last year will be independent of the movie and any possible new cartoon. The line is called Masters of the Universe Classics. The first wave will be released in the Fall of 2008. No specifics were mentioned as to the character assortment of that first wave. It would be hard to imagine a He-Man line without He-Man, though.

Before that line actually hits retail, there will be a figure available as an exclusive for the San Diego Comic Con this summer. That figure is . . King Grayskull. There will also be a variant of Grayskull as a statue, the form Prince Adam first saw him in.

The entire He-Man universe is open to character selection with a few exceptions. The only figures Mattel can't produce are any that were original and exclusive to the Filmation cartoon. As long as a Filmation created character was also used in some other medium, Mattel has the rights to make a new figure from it. Let Orko fans rejoice.

This new line is aimed at collectors, though it will have wide distribution. There are no action features. There are no plans at this point for vehicles or playsets. Those would depend on fan response. Since there is no movie or TV show support to draw attention to the line, it will be completely fan driven. Where it goes depends on retail sales.

For those who enjoyed the old mini-comics that came with the original figures, Mattel is considering releasing those in trade paperback form.

The new figures are designed by the Four Horsemen and are in scale with the other line they are designing for Mattel, DC Universe Classics.
http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=12831

JediTricks
04-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Looks like Steve pulled it, could be a mistake or something.

Anyway, more shots of King Grayskull, looks unfortunately like this doesn't bode anything, it's an SDCC exclusive: http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=3104

Seems like they are going straight for the DC Universe philosophy of design this time.

El Chuxter
04-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Interesting. The only reason that show didn't do well is because it aired in the evenings. Cartoon Network could do a killer Saturday morning block, with TF Animated and a continuation of He-Man, along with popular properties none of us care about (like Ben-10 or whatever), and maybe even throw in reruns of the old GIJoe cartoon to boost the popularity of that line with kids.

It also would've helped the show with kids if they ever had the chance to buy anyone other than He-Man, Arctic He-Man, Jungle He-Man, Samurai He-Man, and the occasional Neon Day-Glo Skeletor Repaint.

DarthQuack
04-19-2008, 09:08 PM
This has promise to be a decent line....with LOTS of charcters made into figures....anyone else biting on it?

RooJay
04-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Somebdy call a veterinarian because that puppy is SICK!!! Aww man, that figurer represents just about everything I could ever have hoped for in a Masters of the Universe toy line. It's the kind of thing I'd always hoped He-Man could be even when I was a kid!

In regards to other comments made about the previous animated series - yeah, there were lots of things they could have done to help that show find a larger audience. Step one might have been to air it at a regularly scheduled time and perhaps even more frequently. I loved that show, and even though I was actively searching for it, I never knew when it was coming on. They never seemed to promote it at all and always moved it around on the schedule. I even missed the entire last season because I never saw any commercial or promotion for it and therefore hadn't even realized it had aired until after it was over. Naturally, unlike most of the crap shows CN puts on (Ed, Edd and Eddy, Teenage Robot, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, etc.) they didn't seem to ever air any reruns! When it hits, the Season 3 DVD will be all new to me. It's no wonder a show fails to connect with audiences when the people who want to watch it don't even know when to tune in.

DarthQuack
07-22-2008, 12:57 PM
King Grayskull figure will be coming out at SDCC, I'm hoping to be able to get one on Monday with Mattel's new collector website that will be the exclusive home of the new MOTU line. I like this idea a lot, it will keep me from traveling around to get them, and hopefully the supply will hold up well.

Beast
07-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Matty Collector has launched now. Any one else choking on the price?

At least it's only one every month. But still.. $20.00 a pop? And the figures arn't shockingly awesome.

The first two that will be available is He-Man and Beast Man. No Skeletor, heh.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.105864200

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.105864600

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.105864900

DarthQuack
07-24-2008, 06:26 PM
I would think they need to bait us to get a few figures before getting old Skelly....as for the price, I don't mind it too much, no driving around to hunt for it, and it's kind of like a collector's club/thing, but not really, but do you see my point? :laugh:

Beast
07-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I would think they need to bait us to get a few figures before getting old Skelly....as for the price, I don't mind it too much, no driving around to hunt for it, and it's kind of like a collector's club/thing, but not really, but do you see my point? :laugh:
Yeah. But $20.00 plus shipping. Crazy. And yeah, I sorta agree. But still... oww.

DarthQuack
07-24-2008, 07:01 PM
This is definitely one line I want to support a lot....plus what I've seen, these look pretty sick....but yea, we'll see how things go Monday morning, I wanna score one of the KG figs.

DarthQuack
07-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Some awesome shots of the figures can be found here (http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=161684).....I love the colors on these, they're just popping out at me....Looks like Mattel may have a winner here.

Beast
07-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Some awesome shots of the figures can be found here (http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=161684).....I love the colors on these, they're just popping out at me....Looks like Mattel may have a winner here.
And going Online Direct, they can hopefully avoid stuff like neon buttscratcher Skeletor.

Beast
07-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Mattel added the prototypes of Mer-Man and Zodac to the display today.

http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=13282

DarthQuack
07-28-2008, 10:31 AM
You gonna get the King Grayskull today Beast? MattyCollector.com opens at 2pm EST(11am PST). I'm gonna order one, hopefully I won't get the variant. 20 bucks a month is fine with me buying a figure.

Beast
07-28-2008, 11:18 AM
You gonna get the King Grayskull today Beast? MattyCollector.com opens at 2pm EST(11am PST). I'm gonna order one, hopefully I won't get the variant. 20 bucks a month is fine with me buying a figure.
Nah, I think I'm gonna pass on the line. It isn't as amazing as I had hoped.

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 09:59 PM
At these prices, I'm out. I'd love to keep collecting, but no way can I afford this.

DarthQuack
07-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I was able to order one of the King Grayskull's before they sold out....in just over 5 hours I think too, I was surprised. Hopefully this will lead to good things.

RooJay
07-30-2008, 02:25 AM
These are cool and all, but I was really hoping for more Four Horsemen redesigns rather than what amounts to better articulated versions of the classic figures.

Beast
07-30-2008, 11:19 AM
These are cool and all, but I was really hoping for more Four Horsemen redesigns rather than what amounts to better articulated versions of the classic figures.
Agreed. It's like... "That's it? And $20.00? Really?"

TheRealDubya
07-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Agreed. It's like... "That's it? And $20.00? Really?"

As "Classics" they look great, but I just cannot justify entry into another line. Marvel Universe is going to take over for Star Wars and Indy in 2009 for me. If I was swimming in it, I'd probably get these guys though.

JediTricks
08-02-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm right with you guys, $20 caused me to walk away from this line, I didn't even buy the King Grayskull exclusive fig when I had the chance. This line insults me, it's just their DC body design with MOTU characters on it, the DC line is $10 and a license, this is not licensed. Maybe going low-run to capture niche sales wasn't so smart, it drove the price up to the point where on-the-fence collectors like us passed, thus keeping it low-run and niche (cyclical failure).

And, not to run this line down, but I actually don't like these designs all that much, King Grayskull looked great but the rest of the line isn't wowing me the way the re-release line a few years ago did, the body style doesn't exactly fit the MOTU characters for me.

evenflow
08-11-2008, 12:16 PM
At 1 figure a month i am in, but i too would have preferred 4HM redesigns.

DarthQuack
08-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Talked to my brother and my KG arrived today, I'll check it out after work. I hope I didn't get the variant.

evenflow
08-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Talked to my brother and my KG arrived today, I'll check it out after work. I hope I didn't get the variant.

Well if you dont wamt the variant and get one, i'll trade you for the regular version.

DarthQuack
08-12-2008, 07:29 PM
I did end up getting the variant, in a great box too, I've heard of people getting legs broken off, arms too.

Bosskman
08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm in no rush to get KG but the rest look so darn awesome. I hope this line does well. I love most of the 200X figures (at least the 4Hs original intention, although mattel botched the execution of some) but this new line is what I've always wanted in MOTU figures.

Beast
08-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm in no rush to get KG but the rest look so darn awesome. I hope this line does well. I love most of the 200X figures (at least the 4Hs original intention, although mattel botched the execution of some) but this new line is what I've always wanted in MOTU figures.
You always wanted to pay $20.00 for similar figures to the 2000 line?

RooJay
08-14-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm betting I could have found some one on here who would have taken my two free SDCC Professional Passes and brought me back a King Grayskull and a Lobo. Instead, I thought I'd offer them up at work first - the guy who used my passes not only didn't bring me back jack squat, but he won't even respond to my e-mails about how much he enjoyed the show!

cookiemonster
08-29-2008, 11:57 AM
lolWell it just goes to show you, that you should have offered the tickets here, people would have been all over them, and told you what was great about it from their own personal opinion.:whip:

RooJay
08-30-2008, 12:48 AM
Next year I know where to offer them up if I end up not going again! Just please, if any of you happen to take them off my hands, please bring me back at least something! Don't be a jerk like he who shall remain nameless.

By the way, if anyone here happens to have an extra King Grayskull (or Lobo) they wouldn't mind trading I can try to make it worth your while in Pixar swag...

evenflow
09-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Bad news for us fans of the 200X line. TNI is reporting no plans to include that style for a while.

RooJay
09-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Bad news for us fans of the 200X line. TNI is reporting no plans to include that style for a while.

"200X"? "TNI"? Sorry, care to clarify?

El Chuxter
09-03-2008, 09:57 AM
I think 200X is referring to the 2002 series, using an X for the year since it went on a few years (albeit partly with Neca). Not sure about TNI.

evenflow
09-03-2008, 08:27 PM
TNI = Toy News International

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=13433

RooJay
09-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Okay.
Well, that sounds about what I expected since we've actually been shown the first five or six figures, and they've all been in the classic style.

evenflow
09-07-2008, 07:16 AM
More bad news about this line. No movie figures either, kills my dreams for a Lubic figure :(

DarthQuack
02-04-2009, 07:23 AM
I thought I was going to get into this line but I missed the first two....I think I wanna sell my King Grayskull if anyone is interested.

RooJay
02-05-2009, 02:00 AM
I was fully planning on picking these up, but it seemed like they had plenty and I felt in no rush. Then all of a sudden they just stopped selling He-Man and Beast Man without any kind of warning. If they had actually used that newsletter idea that they had me sign up for, they could have sent the message that "hey, you know, these guys are only going to be available for X amount of time." I know it's really my fault for not jumping on them when I had the chance, but a heads up might have been nice; they didn't even send out a newsletter informing folks that they were available in the first place! I had to find that out through another, non-affiliated website. Then they put Skeletor up for pre-order without much official notice at all, and he actually sells out even quicker. I was really looking forward to this line, but honestly...I can't justify starting up now that I'm missing three of the most important characters. Shame.

DarthQuack
02-05-2009, 04:18 AM
That and I think they put a limit way to high at 10 for how many figures you're allowed to purchase. That's way too many.

RooJay
02-05-2009, 09:11 AM
I agree. Bet there are a ton of eBay scalpers who have managed to buy at least that many each...

Sinscia Fat'o
02-06-2009, 10:56 AM
The line is awesome! I got really lucky and picked up X2 He Man and X1 Beat Man a while back on the site, as i gave one of the extra He Man's away for a X-Mas gift, and kept the other one. The sculpts are tight, and the look of the figures are worth hunting them down. The Skeltor is worth the wait and constant checking of the main site. I imagine these figures will make their way to retail in some shape form or fashion before long...that may be Mattel's big announcement at Toy Fair.

Beast
02-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Mattel's big announcement at Toy Fair is the Ghostbusters line.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Mattel's big announcement at Toy Fair is the Ghostbusters line.

Please tell me your joking?

Beast
02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Please tell me your joking?
Nope. They announced it at NYCC.

As for He-Man at retail. Maybe when the movie comes out.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Whew...And i expected something big...Nothing against Ghost Busters but without a movie or something i don't see it keeping pace. I'm assuming this will be a online deal like MOTU. And there's going to be a He-Man movie now? Wow. . . Hopefully it will be better than the 80's one. Ouch that thing sucked.

RooJay
02-11-2009, 06:24 AM
Whew...And i expected something big...Nothing against Ghost Busters but without a movie or something i don't see it keeping pace. I'm assuming this will be a online deal like MOTU. And there's going to be a He-Man movie now? Wow. . . Hopefully it will be better than the 80's one. Ouch that thing sucked.

Actually there's a big Ghostbusters video game coming out this year, plus the movie is currently in pre-production. Ghostbusters was also one of the most popular boys toy line for some time during the late eighties. A lot of folks have been really waiting for a good, film based Ghostbusters line for a long, long time.

DarthQuack
02-11-2009, 08:05 AM
I've been enjoying my firehouse box set of The Real Ghostbusters lately myself :)

DarthQuack
04-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Anyone been getting the new MOTUC figs at all?

Beast
04-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I was tempted early on, but the price just made me pass.

I'm actually glad I did, because they're seriously under-producing the line.

Mer-Man sold out in like an hour on Matty's website. So feh to that noise.

Just another example of how Mattel slits their throats on every toyline they make.

DarthQuack
04-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Yea, I had gotten King Greyskull but then ended up selling it to someone here on the boards. $20 a fig is kind of tough to swing, and that's not even counting the shipping. Albeit it they look really good. :-\

Beast
04-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Yea, I had gotten King Greyskull but then ended up selling it to someone here on the boards. $20 a fig is kind of tough to swing, and that's not even counting the shipping. Albeit it they look really good. :-\
I actually prefer the last Masters of the Universe toyline.

Mostly because they did new sculpts for the characters instead of using the same bodies.

Shame that Mattel managed to kill that line by overdoing the He-Mans and Skeletors.

El Chuxter
04-20-2009, 07:09 PM
I don't think they "overdid" Skeletor and He-Man. A new word needs to be coined for that sort of glut, as mere "overdo" doesn't cut it by a long shot.

Neon metallic Skeletor repaint? Taking up half the pack of villains, when every previous Skeletor had, too, and were all pegwarming while the other characters all vanished in seconds? Seriously? (If you don't believe me.... (http://he-man.org/primary_sects/toys/html/collector_guides/motu/toy_pages/skeletor_rp.shtml))

I had no idea until I looked for the repaint Skeletor that there were other crazy villain repaints. I never saw a single one.