PDA

View Full Version : new jedi luke, biker scout, ewoks and yoda

derek
04-16-2003, 07:58 AM
hasbro has posted photos of the new 12 inch figures, set to be released in the fall. as rumored they include the biker scout, episode 2 yoda, ewoks 2 pack and a new luke, as seen in "return of the jedi", not "a new hope" as everyone had thought.:)

overall, this looks to be a pretty solid wave. sure, it would of been nice if hasbro had put luke on a super joe body and made him an all new suit, but this wave looks a lot better than the last few, meesa thinks.

http://starwars.hasbro.com/pl/page.repnews/sec.story/id.117/dn/bh.cfm

derek
04-16-2003, 08:03 AM
luke appears to have the same head shown on the scott andrews sculpting site. it looks way better than the recently released han solo and anakin. otherwise, this figure is a total rehash, beside the boots.(and those nifty handcuffs)

i really wish hasbro would of made luke's vest in the proper color(black), added a cloak, and the belt he wore under the vest. three removable right hands would of been nice as well. one un-gloved, one battle damaged and one gloved.

derek
04-16-2003, 08:05 AM
here is yoda. he looks pretty good, but hasbro has really never had a problem with the non-human characters. hasbro is calling him the "ultimate" yoda. they better not try to price him in the same range as the "ultimate" jango!;)

derek
04-16-2003, 08:07 AM
though the biker scout has already seen release, i'm glad to see him released as a single, as not everyone was able to get the speeder bike set, and i'd like to get a few more as well. he looks to have new gloves.

derek
04-16-2003, 08:09 AM
and last but not least, the ewoks 2 pack. i'm not really an ewoks fan, but these look pretty good. thankfully hasbro didn't try for the 'real fur" effect. and i'm glad they packaged two small figures together. hopefully they will retail for about $20.

JEDIpartner
04-16-2003, 08:46 AM
The best of this set is DEFINITELY the Yoda and the Biker Scout. The clothing on the Luke figure is pretty chintzy looking. That's what really wrecks this figure. The Ewoks are okay... not too crazy about them... especially the one sporting the Mace Windu sanctioned choppers. ;)

ALl I have to say is YODA!!!!

rherk
04-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Why does Hasbro insist on always getting Luke jedis vest the wrong color? It is clearly Black. Not brown, not tan, not grey!!

Please don't screw this up on the new 3 3/4 figure coming out in 2004. Sheesh!

Doc Brown
04-16-2003, 08:49 AM
your right, looks to be a pretty solid wave. can't wait! Hopefully the rebo band will following also.

Doc Brown
04-16-2003, 08:52 AM
It's possible it's the same thing that happened with the Luke Bespin and the green fatigues. The actual costume color given from the Lucasfilm art depart was a greenish tint but when photographed looked more tan in the film.

rherk
04-16-2003, 08:54 AM
I don't know. I saw the actual Luke jedi costume on display at a museum in Ohio and it was without doubt black.

Doc Brown
04-16-2003, 08:58 AM
hmmm well, I dunno then lol maybe Hasbro has rogue 1:6 scale fashion designers on staff. Thank god for RIT fabric dye. ;)

jpak001
04-16-2003, 09:08 AM
Wow! What a great wave! I'll be getting all of these except Luke (just cant spend $20 on a new head sculpt).

I dig the ewoks, and I'm happy to see that they didn't just repack Wicket with another ewok. The Yoda & Biker look excellent IMO, can't wait to get 'em!

Exhaust Port
04-16-2003, 09:14 AM
The Biker Scout is the only one of this series I'll be picking up. Long over due, but better late then never.

jblodgett
04-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Isn't that the exact same Luke Jedi as before? (with a new head sculpt)

That Yoda does look pretty good. I'll be interested to see his articulation. It looks like his right hand has a little hole where the lightning can attach.

Old Fossil
04-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Thank the Lord they're releasing the Biker Scout!!! Yeah! Target never had a Scout w/Bike when I was looking for them, and secondary market prices are the pits.

The Ewoks -- it's Logray and ____? -- look very nice as well, for Ewoks. I'm not high on Ewoks, either, but I'll be getting these, if I can find them at retail.

derek
04-16-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by jblodgett
Isn't that the exact same Luke Jedi as before? (with a new head sculpt)

he'll most likely have the same body as the new anakin, with the "post" sticking out of his back for the "swinging saber action".

Battle Droid
04-16-2003, 10:10 AM
SWEET, definately getting Yoda and the biker scout, hope Yoda isn't to hard to find.

Darth Cruel
04-16-2003, 10:39 AM
It is about time we get a 12" Yoda with a ligtsaber. And the Biker Scout has always been one of my favorite troops. The Ewoks are not my favorites either, but necessary for completeness in the line.

I may not buy them, though, I am still boycotting Hasbro. I am buying lots of Toybiz with the money Hasbro COULD be making though.

bobafrett
04-16-2003, 11:34 AM
I really like the fact that they are putting out the 12" biker scout. Yoda is looking mean and green! Fall release you say? Saving up my pennies and dimes!

Ronin
04-16-2003, 12:06 PM
I am just picking up the Ewoks ! Those are absolutly great. I already have 2 Jedi Lukes and the Bikerscout. Yoda is not bad but i don't like him in the new films...

mm74md
04-16-2003, 12:19 PM
These all look nice.

Luke - I just started collecting 12" figs late last year and this will be my first shot at getting him at retail. This looks nice

Ewoks - They look neat. Depends on the price

Biker Scout - Sweet! I've been bidding & bidding on eBay trying to get the Target version & now I don't have to waste my $$$

Yoda - Looks ok. The accessories look sweet, but to my eyes the cloak looks white. Shouldn't be tan?

Overall, can't wait to see these in stores!

stillakid
04-16-2003, 01:35 PM
The only 12" I've ever bought was the previous Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike from Target. Looks like I'm going for #2! Can't wait! :)

Deoxyribonucleic
04-16-2003, 01:53 PM
Those ewoks look really . . .well . .. realistic! The Biker Scout is just beautimus and Yoda ...looks like it's arse kicking time from him! YAAAA BOYYYEEEE!

Luke I could do without since I wasn't impressed with the first one they made.

QLD
04-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Luke Looks pretty decent.

The Ewoks aren't too bad.....

The Biker Scout looks great....

Yoda looks like turdcakes......

Jayspawn
04-16-2003, 04:59 PM
I'll definatly get the Biker Scout and Yoda. Luke is just a remade version of the previous 12" Luke, I already seen and bought it. I'm not a big Ewok fan so I'll pass on them.

Tycho
04-16-2003, 07:12 PM
This is a super-strong wave!

I'll probably be getting everything but Luke, since I have an extra 12" Luke boxed now (saved to put opposite a Mara Jade 12" I've been holding my breath for).

The Ewoks are great! I love Ewoks and the "death's head fellow" is one I've wanted in the 3 3/4" collection for a long time. At least Hasbro saw the coolest looking one (who you can see as Leia discovers her friends have been captured as offerings to the Ewok "God" C-3PO).

The Bikerscout could be useful as I'm not sure what I'll do with Princess Leia's bike, as I'd like to put both her and Luke on 1 bike since you could have difficulty doing that with the 3 3/4" ones (older versions that blow apart anyway).

Yoda looks awesome. I wished they showed whether you can pose him ready to double-handle his lightsaber! I love that pose as he prepares to battle Darth Tyranus!

What a solid wave though! The 12" line is looking pretty good for the year's end, I'll say!

Super Serg
04-18-2003, 01:40 PM
You know, it's funny to read that people thought Lukes vest was
black when it was (to me at least) clearly grey. I saw it 1st hand
& have production stills that show it to be... "light black"...
aka... grey!

:D

*SS*

jpak001
04-18-2003, 02:20 PM
Huh, I always though it was black too. You wouldn't happen to have a pic you could post would you? I was planning on eventually customizing mine to the correct color.

Thanks! :)

aceguide
04-18-2003, 04:24 PM
I like the looks of this wave a lot. Especially the Yoda and biker scout. Looking forward to seeing these at retail!

gtrain29
04-18-2003, 05:58 PM
Looks like hasbro has finally made a smart move by releasing much wanted figures, especially the biker scout. Although I won't be getting one, I'm sure it will sell well.
I've been wanting a prequel yoda since '99, now, and I've wanted more ewoks ever since I got wicket years ago! Is that supposed to be teebo with logray? I can't tell with the lighting.

Jaff
04-18-2003, 06:40 PM
I'm not that excited about this wave. Jedi Luke doesn't look better than the Bib/Luke version so I'll pass and keep my first Luke Jedi. Biker Scout is a pass for me too. I got the speeder bike Biker Scout and they really can't improve that fig. However I'm psyched that those that missed out on these two figures in the rarer versions now get a chance to get them! Yoda is really no big deal to me, pass. The Ewoks are my big interest. Can't wait to get those.

jedibear
04-27-2003, 11:25 PM
This does look like a solid wave...HOWEVER....

I wish Hasbro would just do two more Luke figures in the same way they did the 100th Luke (ANH). It would be worth it to have an "Ultimate" Jedi Luke that came with all the relevant accessories ( I really like the 3 interchangable hands idea...one regular, one "battle-blasted" one gloved...that derek suggested)...the rancor bone, the cuffs, the lightsaber with removable blade, the cloak, the X-Wing outfit (with Helmet) & with the best, most posable body Hasbro has. A figure packaged like that would most definately sell (I NEVER saw the 100th Luke sitting around for long...and the Ultimate Jango moved pretty well too). After the release of EpIII they could go back and complete the OT Luke issue by doing a ESB Ultimate version with all the ESB accessories...camp crates/kit/lamp. pistol. lightsaber, jacket, Vader helmet with removable faceplate revealing Luke, a couple of small swamp creatures and some handsome packaging and bam! They could be doing this character some true justice for both kids and collectors. It beats just re-issuing (for the third time no less!) the same figure with a new head sculpt (is it just me or are the head sculpts of the classic characters looking LESS like the actors than ever or what?) and a tiny new accessory (gads! hope those cuffs don't break the bank!).....

As for the Biker Scout....it is a popular Imperail that should have never been "just" an exclusive and if they do some nice "dirty" detailing, they can make a near-perfect figure even better...we'll see.

The Ewoks....hey, I'll get sent to the Spice Mines of Kessel for this, but I LIKE the furry li' critters, so more figures of 'em is fine by me....they look pretty good too.

Now the Yoda....what is it with some characters and the coloring in this scale? Watto was WAAAAY too blue, Sebulba was much too purple and this Yoda looks far too green. I also think the cloak is too brite white. We'll see....maybe this will be another case of the pictures not giving us the whole finished look. We'll find out in the fall I guess.....

Turbowars
07-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Picked up the Scout case from my local EE on Thursday along with the new 3.75 Luke and Vader wave ( very cool wave of figures).Anyways, I have to say this is the best wave since Zuckuss came along. The Scout and Yoda are awesome, Luke and Ewoks are cool, not the best, but just cool. The Ewoks need a pant job by Doc, to get the chocalate bunny look off, When I first saw them I thought of a boxed chocalate easter bunny. Nice wave of figures and no I have not opened them. Still debating to get rid of my extra Yoda, but if anyone wants Luke he's yours.

Exhaust Port
07-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Any changes to the Biker Scout from the previous release? ie Different body or something

derek
07-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Any changes to the Biker Scout from the previous release? ie Different body or something

i don't have him yet, but from the photos i've seen he has new gloves and is on the joe body.

sideswipe1984
07-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Well, I just bit the bullet and ordered up a case of this asst. from EE.

I am really trying to avoid big ticket purchases ($100 and up) for the next few months because I'd like to put some money away and pay the credit card off, but I knew if I didn't do it now, I might not be able to procure these guys later. :crazed:

I just REALLLY wish 2 Biker Scouts were being packed to this case instead of 2 Lukes. I have a feeling the Scouts are going to be tough to come by at a decent price.

Ook
07-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Looks like there are some differences.

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000439

Turbowars
07-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Here's what a collector said about the wave linked above.
Author

Jedi_Knight

posted 07-09-2003 09:02 PM *** **

Lets start with the Ewoks.
The Ewok are good figures. They are all plastic they use the same bodies but not the same body that was used for Wicket. The sculpting is nice it sin't as detailed in teh fingers as Wicket but it's decent. The stripes painted on Logray I believe it is supposed to be are a little light but OK. The head dress feel removable but I didn't pull hard enough to find out. Accessories are good he comes with his staff and there are a couple interchangable accessories the pouch that hangs over the shouldr is plastic but decorated nicely. The other one was a littel disappointing only because the leather that covers the head is molded plastic and is molded as one piece with the head. Not an actual leather hood like Wicket. The paint jobs at the eyes and hands are good as the other and it looks good. The belt and pouch are plastic and the pouch isn't painted and weathered at all. These are 1/6th scale figures and should have cloth and leather for the appropriate parts. But these are good figures and if you like Ewoks pick them up if you don't they are 1 per case so you probably won't see them because the Ewok people will grab them.
Biker Scout
I was very excited to add another biker scout to my team of 2. I liked seeing the pictures and that he had a new glove mold for the newer body it sports it also has new boots. Not much different form the old ones jsut a little better detailed. It does use the same body as Jango so there is more posability. Now the big disappointment. The head, you would think Hasbro would just use the same sculpt that was used in the first and they may have. But the head is not glossy like the first and around the jaw it is sunk in, not straight lines like the origionals. The helmet looks more like the distorted masks you get from Don Post now. The paint apps aren't as good either Totally blew the figure for me. I am still debating weather to exchange it when others come out to trade it or customize it so a head is under the helmet and make the helmet open and close. If you didn't get teh scout before pic it up you will enjoy it. If you have the origional stick with it it is a better figure.
Yoda
The figure most were I am sure anticipating. This is the figure I have been dying for. From the picture it looks liek Hasbro gave him articulation finaly. So I open the case and pull Yoda out first. He looks good the face paint is a little dark but the sculpt and paint is I think the best yet. Going back the 1st one had a great paint job but the sculpt wasn't the best but good. The 2 pack Yoda had a great sculpt but the worst paint job I have seen. This one has a good sculpt and paint app.I am immediately disappointed they still have not given him a full brown robe under the top robe and the top robe is a bit thin. I will have to make both to improve him. Then I realize the ares are still not articulated and the left arm is bent permenently in the position you see in the pics. They did add wrist articulation but the right hand does not hold the saber. In the left hand since the arm is bent if he holds up the saber it looks like he is answering the phone. The rest of the body is the same as the last one. The accessories are great a chair, cane nice deco, saber a little thick but I don't care lightning and a screen for training Padawan's. I will have to take an old Yoda and figure out how to give him artulation since Hasbro cant opne their minds at all. But after I do this it will easily be my favorite figure.
So over all
Ewoks win for the best figure in the assortment due to it's the least disappointing and they look good. B+
Biker Scout went from being a A figure that just needed better articulation to a C figure due to the head.
Yoda could have easily been an A figure if they gave him better articulation and better clothes. But I give him a B becasue his face does look so good.

Doc Brown
07-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Those are pretty good reviews and pretty much the same way I feel. The ewoks are very well sculpted. One thing I was thinking about (at the risk of sounding like a geek lol) , it's kind of odd to give yoda the force lighting coming out of his hand. He didn't make the lightining he was mearly deflecting it. In the movies the lighting seems to come from the dark side of the force. lol. Here's an idea - if your like me and bought a case from EE. Use the extra force lightnings and put them either on your 12" emperor or dooku. I haven't put them on mine yet but I"m sure that would be pretty cool.
Also I'm kind of glad I did get a case, one of my jedi luke's was cross-eyed and the other is fine. wonder if anyone else has run into that problem.

gsr-jedi
08-24-2003, 11:53 AM
Just a heads up, if anyone is interested in this, it's $14.99 at Brian's Toys.

tagmac
09-13-2003, 09:04 PM
I haven't heard anything of this wave since June, never mind the elusive Lando wave. Did this one get short-shipped, too?

gtrain29
09-13-2003, 11:11 PM
I haven't looked in a while since I'm short of cash right now, but it was all over ebay right when the lando wave started hitting the shelves. I thought the 2 waves might be hitting at the same time, but never saw the ewok wave.
The lando wave is starting to clog up the shelves, now, so before christmas I'd expect to see lots of ewoks & yodas.

tagmac
09-14-2003, 12:30 PM
I have yet to see the Lando wave at retail, never mind the Ewoks....even ebay barely has them - I've only seen one auction for each of these in the last few months.

Jaff
09-15-2003, 09:51 PM
The newest wave of 12" on the shelves up here in NY is the Zuckuss wave. I was Lucky to grab the entire Lando Wave in Toledo, Ohio on a trip, but I had little hope of finding the Ewoks (the only one out of that wave I wanted) on the shelves, so I resorted to ordering it from a dealer (especially since the ewoks are 1 to a case).

Turbowars
09-16-2003, 01:22 AM
I bought the Scout and Ewok case from EE months ago. I saw a new Han at a TRU last weekend, but no sign of Lando or AT-ST Driver. The ewoks Suckk, but the Scout, Yoda and Luke are cool. I just wish the case would have had 2 Scouts. The case came with 1 scout, 1 Ewoks, 2 Yoda's and 2 Luke's.

bobafrett
09-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Gotta agree with Turbowars on that, 2 Biker Scouts in a case, over 2 Lukes would be awesome. I mean, I already have a ton of Lukes, but you can never have enough Biker Scouts!

JediBoulton
09-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Gotta agree with Turbowars on that, 2 Biker Scouts in a case, over 2 Lukes would be awesome. I mean, I already have a ton of Lukes, but you can never have enough Biker Scouts!

Two scouts for every boy and girl !! -- And for the girls who dont want them -- pass them to the nearest boy!!

Dallas Area has not seen the Lando wave nor the Ewok wave either -- I have been looking :)

Tycho
11-13-2003, 05:45 AM
First, Target is doing great on figures.

Target= most of my new SAGA figures, and CW vehicles.

Wal-Mart= most of my new CLONE WARS figures.

TOYS R US= most of my army builder packs.

Now one of my local collecting club and a very reliable source, found the Luke Jedi figures in the new Saga packaging at Toys R Us the other day.

The Bikerscout, Ewoks, and Yoda were gone.

But it did hit.

Now my Toys R Us is full of old 12" waves. I mean FULL!

1-2 new Han Solo Saga (with Super Mr. Potato Head sculpt) that are still sitting there from 2 months ago when I got my 12" Lando Skiff Guards and AT-ST Driver.

Plenty of Dengar, Zuckuss, and Imperial Officer (shame, because these are a great wave!)

Zam Wessel, Super Battle Droid, and Count Dooku (the latter being a great figure and one of the best 12", but there are probably 3 Dookus sitting there - I know there were 2).

Mace Windu (TRU Exclusive from Mace's cameo in Scream)

Padme and Anakin might be in there too. I didn't dig that deep.

But there are two whole "undershelves" full of never-moving 12" down there.

How or why would they ever stock the Ewoks, let alone order them? (yes I'm asking employees to check the backrooms, attic, truck, loading dock pallets - you name it...)

So is Target still carrying 12" at all? - I've given up on Wal-Mart doing anything but figures and lightsabers.

And good luck finding these - especially if your TRU is as over-stocked as mine in 12".

Paul Heaberlin
11-13-2003, 06:32 AM
Actually, the real people to blame for this problem is Hasbro short packing the Biker scout and the ewoks. And if they bothered to promote the line worse than the samll figs, no reason most collectors like myself order them by the case on-line.

derek
11-13-2003, 07:43 AM
So is Target still carrying 12" at all? - I've given up on Wal-Mart doing anything but figures and lightsabers

word is target and walmart aren't selling the 12 inch line, and they may be exclusive to toys r us. except for the leia/spederbike, i haven't seen a 12 inch figure in a target store in 6 months, and i go to a lot of different targets.

i think it's safe to say except for the exclusive they signed on for, they are not carrying the 12 inch line any longer.

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 08:11 AM
word is target and walmart aren't selling the 12 inch line, and they may be exclusive to toys r us. except for the leia/spederbike, i haven't seen a 12 inch figure in a target store in 6 months, and i go to a lot of different targets.

i think it's safe to say except for the exclusive they signed on for, they are not carrying the 12 inch line any longer.

Yeah, I haven't seen any 12" at Target outside the Leia with Speeder bike. The last 12" figures I saw at Target were the Anakin, Padme, Genosian warrior wave. I haven't even seen a label for 12" figures at Target. Looks like TRU and KB might be the only places left, other than online e-tailers.

derek
11-13-2003, 08:20 AM
i think it's safe to say, if one wants to make sure they get the latest 12 inch waves, they should buy a case or 3 pack at a place like entertainment earth. i've recently done this and am glad i have. i was easily able to sell the extras i didn't need on e-bay for what i paid for them or more.:)

Exhaust Port
11-13-2003, 09:03 AM
The problem with buying the 12" waves online is that you end up having to buy at least 1 figure that you don't want. I use to just buy all the waves online but after repeatedly being disappointed by the figures I'm back to just buying the one or 2 that I want from the store. Even if I have to resort to eBay to find that one figure I'll probably end up spending less for it that if I had purchased the whole wave online. Yes, I could sell the other 2 figures online but I figured out that after I spend for shipping to my place, then turn around and sell it online that the return was minimal.

All we need is for the stores to stock this line like they would any other toy line out there.

Wampa
11-13-2003, 10:30 AM
I finally saw the Biker Scout wave in Dallas. There is a void of 12" figures in Wal Marts and Targets here in North Texas. Luckily there is a TRU within 15 minutes of any location in the DFW area. I cant blame Hasbro because they fulfilled their end of the bargain when the trucks left the manufacturer. But I'm glad they finally arrived in the southwest.

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 11:58 AM
I stopped by my local TRU earlier today, and it's shelve and riser were filled with overstock waves of the 12" figures. It's sad. I'll have to check around, because I really want a Biker Scout, and some Ewoks would be nice. I doubt I'll pick up the Luke, but the Yoda looks mighty tempting. I tried to pick up a case of this wave from EE, but they were sold out. I think I preordered the wave with Ben, and the Jawa's though, just to be on the safe side.

Today I'm sitting at home waiting for the UPS driver. I have a package scheduled for delivery.

Oh, I did get a collector series Tusken w/Gaffi for $3 on eBay! I already have one, but I wanted one to open. Can't beat that price by much.

Tycho
11-13-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm not much for selling extras on e-Bay (from case purchases).

I want

3 Yodas (for E1 Jedi Council, to fight Dooku, and for a possible E3 scene to save it for)

1 Ewok 2-pack to go with my Endor figures.

0 Bikerscouts

0 Luke Jedi (I'm even saving a boxed old one IN CASE they make Mara Jade to go with him!)

Buying a case might leave me with 3 or more figures to bother going to the post office with. I already have like 2 Chewie in Chains I once picked up from KB for $3 or something that I'd planned to save for either trading, or financing another Clone Army (which means seeing what I could get for them on e-Bay). But I strongly detest scalping and don't know why I bought the extra figures except that 12" for $3 seemed to me to be a great opportunity. Now I guess I'm "set" on auctioning them, because I figure I should have $40 (or 9 Clones) for my $6 investment. :rolleyes:

derek
11-13-2003, 04:22 PM
so you think i'm a scalper cause i sold an extra yoda on ebay? all i asked for it was the retail price plus shipping. if someone wants to spend $35 on it, i didn't make them, and i didn't deprive anyone from buying it at retail. :confused:

Paul Heaberlin
11-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Actually buying the figures by the case has worked just fine UNTIL this wave. Frickin Hasbro putting out a case of 6 when there are 4 figures? Thats the same assinine desision that released the Mr Hankey Chewbacca doll.

Tycho
11-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Derek, I'm just as guilty of selling (very occasionally) on e-Bay.

Well, I've sold 4 items I think: 3 Darth Maul 12" I came across at KB for $5.99, and a Jabba The Hutt with 2-headed announcer, that I got and then decided I didn't want.

I bought the Darth Maul's with the intent of selling them (I think it was Christmas, 1999) as I was probably looking for cash for 100 Battle Droids or something :rolleyes:

In any case, sure I put them up on auction for only $1.99, but I got like $40 for each of them I think - and true, because that's what somebody wanted to pay for them. However, I still feel guilty.

A) I don't think I did the buyers any favor...(they bought them though, so they might happily disagree with me)

B) I might have taken the $5.99 Maul's away from I) someone who would've loved having them or II) another scalper, who may or may not have wanted to sell them to buy other Star Wars products.

In any case, I've had a conscience about it or I wouldn't be bringing up auctions I ran 4 years ago. (I've probably only been on e-Bay in any transaction less than 10 times - yeah, I did buy there, but really cheaply).

But if choice BII was the case, better it was me than him. Under the other circumstances, I was a scalper just as bad as any of them. :mad:

Your case is different: you're buying the stuff by the case, and in it you get stuff you don't want or need - Yoda and Luke I'm guessing.

Now what I should have done was go on the trading boards, selling boards here (if we had them then - I can't remember) and offered the Maul's to fellow collectors - perhaps at reasonable prices ($20 each) so that I'm not totally taken advantage of by a scalper on our site.

Right now, I know I'm most comfortable checking the retail stores, rather than doing mail-me trades and transactions.

But when I e-Bay them and get outrageous sums back for the stuff, I encourage others to do the same, and the scalping continues. Even from the online boxes, the e-Bay results encourage retail scalping.

So perhaps I have sinned with intent. You may be unaware that you are sinning, but use ignorance of the effects of e-Baying online case extras as a defense.

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 01:49 PM
The buyers is what keeps E-bay going. If we all stopped e-baying the site would fold, but look at it, E-bay is HUGE now! All thanks to the buyers. E-bay is a good source, but sometimes thinks get out of hand. Most of the time if you wait things drop and you can get a good deal. I was looking for an extra Scout today to open and theirs only a few sets on. I'd take an open one if they were there.

humsup
12-09-2003, 05:18 AM
Very sorry to be asking this because I'm from Singapore. And I did not manage to locate any here at all though it was released already. I had the intention of asking a friend from the US to help me buy 2 of it and send it over to me, but not sure if I'll be asking him on a wild goose chase. Any info on where to find the Biker (the one that comes without the bike) ie Target, KB, Wallmart etc? Any info is much appreciated :)

LTBasker
12-09-2003, 10:09 AM
At this point it'd be easier to just buy a couple of'em with the bikes off ebay. :D I haven't seen any new 12" for awhile, I'm sure it's getting around but they've been pretty bad about 12" distribution lately.

stillakid
12-09-2003, 11:04 AM
I got one online from KEBco. Haven't seen any in stores. I bought a Leia with Speedbike just so I could have another bike for the guy to ride on. I gave Leia to my daughter. She just barely fits in the Barbie VW bug. :D

Exhaust Port
12-09-2003, 11:22 AM
I never saw a single 12" Biker Scout in any store. They may still make an appearance at some point but I'm not holding my breath.

bobafrett
12-09-2003, 08:47 PM
I have yet to see anything from the Biker Scout wave yet. I went to place an order on Entertainment Earth, and even they were sold out. I have seen them being sold on eBay a couple of time.

Turbowars
12-10-2003, 12:13 AM
Boy, I'd think you would have a better time finding the Scout from were you live. The only 12" figure that I have seen are the AT-ST driver and Han. I had to buy the Skiff Lando from e-bay. One of the other things you can do is per-order the wave from Entertainment Earth. I have gotten the Scout and Garindan waves already from them. The Garindan wave figures can to 20.00 bucks a each!

JediTricks
12-10-2003, 12:53 AM
I forgot they existed! No lie!

humsup
12-10-2003, 01:00 AM
Many Thanks for all the feedbacks folks, really appreciate all the inputs. Well, I guess it'll be a cruel thing to do for there should be little chance my friend will be able to find any. Maybe I should check with my favourite local store to see if they have any contacts in China to bring in a couple for me... of course, I'll have to pay premium for them.
Thank you all once again :D

Turambar
12-14-2003, 03:57 PM
I stopped by TRU for the first time in weeks, and they had tons of the new luke jedi lying around. It was a shocker to see the wave had hit, but no surprise that this inferior rehash is not popular with buyers.

bobafrett
12-14-2003, 08:24 PM
I stopped by TRU for the first time in weeks, and they had tons of the new luke jedi lying around. It was a shocker to see the wave had hit, but no surprise that this inferior rehash is not popular with buyers.

What about the other figures in that wave? The biker scout in particular?

Turbowars
12-14-2003, 08:34 PM
What about the other figures in that wave? The biker scout in particular?I think he meant that was the only one there. If that's the case, Hasbro should take note that rehashing doen't work on the 12" line. It has a hard enough time selling by itself. If Hasbro pumped out all new GOOD figures in the waves they would sell. Like I have said a 100 time, give the line to Sideshow!!

bobafrett
12-14-2003, 08:49 PM
I'm surprised that Hasbro didn't learn it's lesson after all the Lukes were left, the one with the large bone. I couldn't tell you off hand which wave it was from, because it was one of a very few that I never purchased, even on sale.

Exhaust Port
12-14-2003, 09:12 PM
I made a trip to TRU to see if any of the Billy Dee Williams wave had been restocked but was sadly disappointed. About 2 months ago this wave finally made an appearance but I missed out on Billy Dee. This trip the entire wave was sold which still left the shelves overrun with Imperial Soldiers, Mace Windo's and other 12" figures from earlier this year. Argh, stop overrunning us with crap figures.

Turbowars
12-14-2003, 09:37 PM
I'm surprised that Hasbro didn't learn it's lesson after all the Lukes were left, the one with the large bone. I couldn't tell you off hand which wave it was from, because it was one of a very few that I never purchased, even on sale.I belive The Emperior, Chewy with Chains and D'an from the cantina were in that wave. Hasbro never really learns lessons. They have a learning disability. Maybe a little ADD.:classic:

Old Fossil
12-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Heads up: Word at the 'other' site is that the Biker Scout wave has been found at Wal-Mart.

Thanks, Tycho?... :eek:

Tycho
12-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Huh? I just heard about these turning up today. I'm going to get something like 3 hours of sleep tonight just so I can be at my Wal-Mart tomorrow by 6:45 to make sure I get some Yodas and Ewoks when the doors open tomorrow.

Seems like only 1 case is arriving at each store. A friend got me a Yoda already, but I want 2 more (fight Dooku, full Jedi Council of 12", and an E3 extra, for whatever cool thing Yoda does in the next movie).

And I want 1 Ewok set (don't have any yet).

Hopefully, tomorrow, our group will come up with some more.

I would love to get it and go back to bed!

Jayspawn
12-23-2003, 10:09 AM
I wish these 12" figures would make it to retail. I really want the Biker Scout.

Exhaust Port
12-23-2003, 10:14 AM
Man, and I was just at Walmart yesterday and didn't even bother looking for any new 12" figures. That just about guarantees that there were some Biker Scouts sitting there. I hope they'll last until after the holiday as that will be the first free moment I'll get to head back.

Old Fossil
12-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Huh?

What I meant was, the letter-writing campaign you started may have had some effect. :rolleyes:

Tycho
12-23-2003, 02:40 PM
You know, the letter writing campaign prompted a lot of people getting phone calls and me getting letters from the 3 main corporates addressing our concerns.

I felt a little like "Andy" in Shawshank Redemption, when they say "Here's the (items) you requested. Please stop writing us any more letters!"

Hehe. We supposedly had hundreds of letters (if not a thousand - though I'd doubt that) go in to each corporate. They must have gotten sick of us and thought "do I work for Wal-Mart or George Lucas? Since when did Star Wars become my job?"

But Wal-Mart's official statement (to Hasbro as they related it to us at Comic Con) was that they were ONLY going to carry:

1) basic figures
2) electronic lightsabers

We were concerned about the Screen Scenes, because we didn't know what quantities they'd turn up in. True they are sitting most places now, but they still sell pretty strongly and the turnover's good on them. I'd say the stores that have piles of them now should stop ordering more, but do think they will all sell out and not have to be clearanced.

Anyway other concerns we had were:

Clone Wars figures - and apparently Wal-Mart decided to take them, even the special 2-packs.

Vehicles - and there aren't any problems getting the re-released ships and the Hailfire and Geonosian Fighters from Target or Toys R Us.

Twelve Inch - and in a surprise move they started carrying them again.

Ultra - and they carried these, but not in time for whatever happened to availability for the Deluxe Obi-Wan and Jango Kamino sets.

Did the letter writing make a difference?

Possibly in Wal-Mart's decision to add 2 products:

Ultra figures - which are more plentiful at Toys R Us nevertheless

12 Inch - which we hope they order sufficient quantities of.

The Ewok/Yoda/Luke/Scout Trooper wave is a great mixture of figures that will all sell.

In my recon efforts I've learned that most stores got 1 case in and completely sold out already. (Wal-Marts). There may be more and we are still looking.

Old Fossil
12-24-2003, 02:45 AM
I felt a little like "Andy" in Shawshank Redemption, when they say "Here's the (items) you requested. Please stop writing us any more letters!"

Hehe.

Why are you so obtuse? :crazed: j/k

Well, kudos for getting some results from the Warden... I mean, Wal-Mart!

JediTricks
12-24-2003, 04:46 AM
Oh no! Heaven help us! What if Wal-mart doesn't carry the Screen Scene packs? Then we'll have to risk wading through stacks of them at Target and TRU only. :cry:

;) :crazed:

jedibear
01-26-2004, 08:35 PM
...er, make that Vermont over to northern NY where the only WM in the area that looks to carry any SW (other than the two pegs of basic figures my local one here is supposed to carry...the EMPTY pegs I might add) and well, well, well! I nearly had a stroke but there was the Yoda wave of 12"ers sitting on the bottom shelf!

So I grabbed a (nearly) complete set a rode my tauntaun back to Burlington (make that brrrrr-lington...where our temps have stayed stuck either in the single digits or well below zero! Hoth indeed!)
Anyway...impressions on the wave....

Left Luke behind. Sorry, but I've already got this figure in this outfit three times! (The Bib/Luke set, the bone-Luke & the SpeederBike Luke). The head sculpt is decent, but the lack of a cloak and any good accessories couldn't make me lay out the $24.77 WM is charging for him.

The Yoda isn't bad. I stand by my comments way back when that he's a touch too green, but the cloak at least is off-white and fits well. He also has plenty of accessories (you've all seen the pics) to help offset the price a bit. Now I do have a couple of nits with 'em. He only features a brown inner robe bottom! His chest is molded as the tunic top...it would be really cheap looking, but the necklace and outer robe cover it enough. He doesn't have alot of posing possibilities, but he does manage to sit in his council chair ok. My only othe nit is the lack of a clip on his lightsaber hilt. I guess one could argue that it looks more "authentic" without it, but you end up just tucking the hilt in his belt to keep it on him. He is a little "puffy" looking, but not bad.

The Biker Scout. I'm glad this one got re-issued. My other one is still packed so it's hard for me to tell if there have been any changes from the one Target had a few years back. I'm pretty sure the molded gloves are new...they just seem more detailed to me. The downside on 'em is they don't hold the blaster very well. Still, it's cool to have a second scout opened & in the collection.

The Ewoks. They look pretty good...I just wish the hoods/headgear and pouches had been seperate pieces (like the hood on Wicket) but at least the paint apps are well done and the sculpts are nicely detailed.

Hey...three outta four (especially when the 12" waves only feature three "new" ones) ain't bad! Now here's hoping I can find the Garindan wave next time I take an interstate voyage....

Tycho
01-26-2004, 08:41 PM
I found some more on the shelf today too (Wal-Mart). Didn't need anything, so I picked nothing up. I'd previously bought this wave.

Having opened one of my Yodas, I too wished for a little more articulation in his arms. Either wrist or elbow (swivel) articulation. It seems he holds his lightsaber a little too close to his ears. One wrong move and if that thing was a real lightsaber... well you get it.

I also wish Yoda could double-grip his saber.

Still, a good figure, I'd say he's worth 19.99 but Wal-Mart's 24.99 would be worth it if the articulation I'd want added was there.

Turbowars
03-28-2004, 07:44 PM
The POTF2 version has a correct paint application with a gray detail to the helmets mouth piece the Saga version does not.

The other differences are,

Saga version has a new glove sculpt and is a nice improvement . They are smaller and more accurate to the scale of the figure.

Saga has a new chest plate that fits better and has new buckles at the shoulders and waist.

The down grade on the Saga version is the new bigger boots. They are too big and I really wonder why they changed them.

The Saga version is sporting a Better GI Joe body that lets the foot turn so he can kneel correctly.

Other than those differences they are the same and both are a bit pricy. Oh and the saga version is packaged wrong with his belt over his pouches not under them.

Exhaust Port
03-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Have you found the Saga figure recently?

Turbowars
03-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Have you found the Saga figure recently?I have had it for about a year now. I bought a case thinking there was 2, but got burned. I only paid 20 a pop though. I just recently scored a loose POTF2 version off e-bay for a good price. I bought one of those $12 Leia's with Bike for the loose Scout. I couldn't get myself to open my minty speeder and Scout so e-bay came in handy. I still can't get myself to open my one and only Saga Scout.

Exhaust Port
03-28-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm still hopeful that the Biker Scouts might make it to the shelves around here. It's almost comical how long it takes for a "new" wave to make it to a store. I have the biker scout and speeder bike set but a few loose figures would look darn good standing around. :) Thanks for the comparisons Turbo.

Reefer Shark
03-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the comparison Turbowars. And I thought the only difference was the new gloves, silly me!

I only have the one Saga version, and I also don't want to open it for some reason. Strange really, since all my other 12"ers are busted open lol . Ah well, if I find another, I'll bust it open and stick him on my $12 Leia speeder.

bobafrett
03-30-2004, 05:10 PM
I was lucky enough to win a 12" speeder bike pilot, seeing as I have not yet found one on any store shelf. I have an extra speeder bike to place him on, should I get a second Biker Scout to open.

I never took time to compare the Saga vs. the POTF2 version.