PDA

View Full Version : Utah anyone?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

swatter
06-13-2002, 05:11 PM
Found the Nexu at the Wal Mart in AF. The Wal Mart and Super Target in Sandy also had the Nexu and Deluxe Anakin. And all three had tons of the Bespin wave. No bloody stump Luke for you variation hunters.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-13-2002, 05:55 PM
My wife just came to visit me at school and delivered into my hot little hands the new Han and Bespin Vader! She found them at the Springville WM.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-14-2002, 11:57 AM
I finally got my Mace and Stumpy Luke this morning. WM in Orem had about 2-3 cases put out. Didn't see any bloody ones though.

Thanks for the trade offer metaljedi. I don't think I'll need yours after all. What FFs did you need?

swatter
06-14-2002, 03:22 PM
I found the Endor Han wave at the Wal Mart and Target stores in Sandy. Unfortunately, there were no Chewies or Palpatine but at least I found the Endor Han and Djas. There was one Djas Puhr left at the Target store.

metaljedi
06-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Mandalorian Candidat,
Well since I all I have is Ree Yees and DSD (Im building my collection again) I could use any.

jediwolf
06-15-2002, 02:39 AM
Hello guys ,the WM in AF had 8 Han solos and tons of Bespin wave so the WM in Orem had some to,anyone have bloody luke to trade? I got 2 Djas Puhr and 2 Palpatine to trade

metaljedi
06-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Jediwolf, what else do you need besides a Bloody Luke?

jediwolf
06-15-2002, 04:58 PM
Hello Metaljedi, send me PM on what do you have to trade, thanks
jediwolf

metaljedi
06-16-2002, 02:51 AM
Sent you a PM JediWolf

Mandalorian Candidat
06-18-2002, 11:12 AM
I found a crapload of Hangar Anis, Yodas, and Dookus at the Orem KB. Looks like they just got them in.

I also found a lone Djas this morning at the Orem Target. I'm really unimpressed with this figure. The pistols look like crap.

swatter
06-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Found Chancellor Palpatine today at lunch at the Super Target in Midvale off of State street. Also Djas Puhr and his friends were there as well.

deanpaul
06-18-2002, 07:24 PM
Swatter,

What does "and his friends" mean? Cloud City Chewbacca? Obi Pilot?

Reasonably sure you do not mean them... But had to ask anyway.

I saw the dynamic duo of Pap and Puhr at the Centerville Target last Saturday. Bought Pap, but gotta say he sucks for features or playability. Geesh, the guys fingers lock - oooh yeah baby - that's what I call action! And by the way - what's with the Hasbro bean counters engineering these new figs (Jar Jar Senator, Pap) so they can't even try to sit down? How do I explain to my potty training daughter that some figures are simply destined to have to "hold it" for eternity. I know the rubber EI capes were not much better for sitting action and precluded many a figure from escaping in vehicles like the Flash Speeder and the Naboo Fighter - although they could LAY DOWN in the Queen's ship... And forget about Red Amidala stealing Darth Mauls Sith Speeder, because that never happened in the movie............. By the way, am I the only one actually opening these things?

Not much else to report. Still looking for CC Chewie and Obi Pilot. Have decided to pass on Dex and Orn (wish Orn had had the screen time we were led to believe) - and trying to decide which Genosian Warrior to get. The winged one is cool, but a deluxe "flying" one is listed for later... Why does the one with the Massif not have wings? Anyone?

Later, and happy hunting.

Deanpaul

metaljedi
06-18-2002, 11:39 PM
Just be thankful that you can find the newer figures. I have yet to see Palpatine or Puhr. I would rather have a figure that sucked than have no figures at all.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-19-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by deanpaul
Not much else to report. Still looking for CC Chewie and Obi Pilot. Have decided to pass on Dex and Orn (wish Orn had had the screen time we were led to believe) - and trying to decide which Genosian Warrior to get. The winged one is cool, but a deluxe "flying" one is listed for later... Why does the one with the Massif not have wings? Anyone?

Later, and happy hunting.

Deanpaul

Hey DP, nice to have you back. Get your house finished?

To answer your question about the GW, not all the geonosians have wings in the movie. Many are flightless.

I would bag the Deluxe ani w/fileted geonosian. It's really cheaply made and doesn't stand up worth jack. At least I got it cheap at Target during this sale.

I don't know anyone who's found the OB1 pilot or chewie. My wife managed to snag me an Endor Han though.

deanpaul
06-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Mandalorian Candidat,

I’ve gotta go catch the movie again. I thought they ALL had wings. I’ve only been once so far, mostly because of the house scene which is not yet complete. Might be able to move back into the back half this weekend, but the front rooms, basement and attic are still about 4-6 weeks out. There is a “Flying Deluxe Genosian Warrior” listed in the archive that is different from the Deluxe Anikin. No picture or date yet – just 2002, I wonder how they will make it “fly”?

Metaljedi -

Thanks for the perspective about not being able to find figures. We have not met or spoken directly to one another on this forum yet – so the sarcastic gnashing of teeth figure critique in my post may have been misread. That happens on the net when I forget to use the emoticons! ;)

I’ve missed some figures myself in the past – namely Piett, Motti and the Naboo Royal Guard with the helmet. They still haunt me. But, I think we’ll be seeing plenty of Pap and Puhr for everyone in the near future. I think Puhr may be hanging like Ketwol in the near future because the general public doesn’t care about characters who had three seconds of screen time. And why is his head not shiny like the photo next to him? And I’m with Mandolorian Candidat, Phur’s pistols do “look like crap”.

I’m an industrial designer. I went to school in Rhode Island and worked with the Hasbro on “industry sponsored projects” at my school. I am no expert on what motivates Hasbro to produce the line (character content and manufacturing technique) nor have I ever talked to the Cincinnati boys toy group, but I do like to speculate and critique in an arm chair quarterback kind of way.

Sometimes they do great work. I’m impressed with their solution on the new Rebel Soldier’s knees – he kneels like the best of them. I pay attention to the materials used, and how they control the shrinking process of different injection molded plastics that come together at a seam – material transition at this scale is very difficult, and they do an excellent job. I also consider the playability, and the appeal to what I feel to be the target market – kids. I could be wrong. Maybe old men like us (old enough to drive cars) buy the majority of figures, however, I believe the figures are mostly designed with the younger market in mind. And that is where I think Pap falls short. I’m skeptical of and have been burned by the variation technique with which Hasbro produces figures. The Qui Gon and Obi originally released for EpI did suck (in my opinion) compared to the later soft goods versions. Granted, they were somewhat “stuck” in position, but they could sit in vehicles and the comtech addition was nice – but they were essentially the same figures from the same point in the movie. Further, the soft goods figs were less desirable for me than the Naboo versions, who had plastic robes and lightsaber hilts that pegged into their waist. I don’t buy one of everything, just figures I like, and I try to limit it to one of each character (see my “which Genosian?” comment last post) - unless something groundbreaking comes along. How many R2-D2’s does one need? Well, I’ve got several now because they just keep making him better – my daughter loves that EpII R2 makes noise and lights up – and she plays with him in her crib for a good 30 minutes EVERY NIGHT after we put her down. We listen on the monitor and laugh about it. Last night she was telling R2-D2 and R4-M9 (she knows their names) that we would all be moving home soon and they could be “all cuddly”.

That’s what I’m talking about. And it’s just my opinion, and how I gauge what I am going to buy. We’re all different in our selection criteria – but ultimately we’re all here for the same reason. To find what we need and help others do the same. I meant it when I said thanks for the perspective metaljedi. This place has really grown since I started posting here and I hope we can help each other out someday.

That said, anyone have an extra Piett, Motti or the Naboo Royal Guard with the helmet laying around? ;)

Now the report:

Drove up to Park City WalMart last night.
3 Nexu,
Lots of Bespin wave and Mace/Jango,
Few Orn and ERS,
Dex’s and Winged Genosians

Nothing Earth shattering for me, but a pretty drive anyway.

Hope everyone is finding what they want.

Deanpaul

metaljedi
06-19-2002, 02:58 PM
If I had any of those figures I would hook you up. Im still looking for them myself.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-19-2002, 03:35 PM
Wow, those three are going to be pretty hard to come by. I had to get my Piett on line because it came out before I started collecting. The Motti and even the CT Leia were MIA from any store I ever visited. I had to get both online also.

The Royal Guard I actually found months after its initial release. A newly opened Wal-Mart had scads of them one time so I was able to get it and the Holo Sidious.

If I see them I'll get one for ya but it's really unlikely they'll ever show up again at retail.

deanpaul
06-19-2002, 04:01 PM
I hear ya' about having to go online for them Mandalorian Candidat. I've checked the "specialty shop" scene without luck, I know one place online that has had them in the past but is out right now. I understand that a retail find (and thus price) is going to be out of the question for these guys, but I'm going to try to stay within reason. ;)

Best wishes,

Deanpaul

jediwolf
06-19-2002, 06:40 PM
:) hello deanpaul, I got for you the Motti and I'm trying to get the naboo royal guard,
the Target in Orem had some of the luke wave and so the WM in American Fork

deanpaul
06-19-2002, 07:37 PM
Holy crap jediwolf!!!

You're the man! I will pm you to arrange the details. Wow!

metaljedi
06-19-2002, 08:08 PM
If you don't get the Naboo Royal Guard try www.starworld125.com for him as of now they have him in stock. I've bought a few things from them. They're really good.

swatter
06-20-2002, 03:46 PM
Lunchtime 20 Jun 2002 - At the Wal Mart in Sandy I found Obi Wan Pilot and Endor Han. There were plenty of them on the rack. There was one Acklay left on the shelf too.

Target did not have anything new. However, the Nexu was a nice price at 7.44.

jediwolf
06-20-2002, 06:09 PM
:) Hello guys, I got ALL 40 figures now, I fund Obi- Wan and Ch ewbacca today AT wal-mart in AF I'm still looking for the Acklay

Mandalorian Candidat
06-21-2002, 11:10 AM
I still haven't found the cheap Nexu at Target, but I did fill out a raincheck when they get one in. I thought ahead and put 2 for the quantity in case the Yoda or 3po sets come out before it runs out.

The Orem Target had 2 ea. of the Palpy wave this morning. Finally got that old dude. They also got in a bunch more $1 boosters so I got suckered in to buying more.

count poodooku
06-21-2002, 01:17 PM
I also found the Chewbacca, Obi-Wan, and Han Solo wave at the Wal-Mart in AF. Should be getting Palpatine and Dhur next week from New Force. Ended up paying the old price for them ($6.30), but will be pretty well caught up by then. Anyone have an extra bloody Luke for sale? I don't have much to trade. LMK at Addamsclan@aol.com. Thanks

metaljedi
06-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Found Obi Wan and Han Solo at the Layton and Riverdale Targets. No Chewie or Acklay. If anybody finds and extra Acklay please let me know. Thanks!

metaljedi
06-24-2002, 05:56 PM
Any new finds you guys??

deanpaul
06-25-2002, 10:57 AM
Fort Union Target 6/24 8pm

1 Palpatine
3 Djas
6 or 8 Acklay
2 Nexu
and a partridge in a pear tree

Didn't buy anything myself, although the Acklay looked pretty cool. The Acklay box was larger than I expected.

Deanpaul

Mandalorian Candidat
06-25-2002, 11:53 AM
I finally got my Nexu. The Orem Target had two out this morning. I had a rain check so I was still able to get it for $7.44. :)

Now all I need are the new OB1 and Chewie.

metaljedi
06-25-2002, 10:26 PM
Its funny how they have the new wave just as soon as the ad stops. :)

metaljedi
06-27-2002, 02:30 AM
Found Maul and Jango/Boba Unleashed figures at Super Walmart in Harriville tonight. If you want them they're out there.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Stopped off at the Orem Target this morning. They had the complete Massiff, Bespin, and Palp. waves. No sign of OB1 or Chewie.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-28-2002, 11:36 AM
The Orem WM had the DM and Jango Unleashed figures. What a bunch of junk. I see these two being the holo DM and QuiGon of the Saga line.

metaljedi
06-28-2002, 04:42 PM
I second that emotion! They look like a different version of the Epic Force series.

metaljedi
07-01-2002, 08:23 PM
Any Acklay finds around these parts??

jediwolf
07-02-2002, 12:00 AM
I got 2, and I had see them in the WM in AF, Sandy, Orem.

DahrJin
07-02-2002, 09:50 AM
metaljedi, Try looking at ShopKo. I saw a couple at the one in Riverdale a couple days ago, and they might be gone by now. You might want to look at all three local ShopKos, Riverdale, Ogden and Layton.

If anyone sees Palpy, could you find it in your heart to snag one for little ol' me? I'm still having the hardest time getting one.

Thanks

metaljedi
07-02-2002, 06:30 PM
If anybody finds an extra Acklay please pick it up for me. I can't find it anywhere not even lame Shopko.

DahrJin
07-03-2002, 09:40 AM
Well, I don't need a Palpy anymore. Found one at Layton Target(LAST ONE) yesterday at lunch.

metaljedi, if I run across an Acklay in my weekend travels, I'll be sure to snag one for you.

I picked up the Jango/Boba Unleashed lastnight at Wallyworld. Sweet little display piece IMHO. At first I was one of the, THOSE WILL SUCK people, but after opening it and sitting it up, it looks like they will be excellent LIVING ROOM displays. I can't wait for the Anakin and Vader to show up. Sure hope they do a Yoda, ANH Ben and even an Emperor in this line. I even want the Maul, and I'm about burned out on him.

deanpaul
07-03-2002, 10:53 AM
DahrJin,

We were on the same track yesterday! Except I still think the Unleashed suck, but that is just my opinion. ;) Glad you found your Palpatine.

I checked the Woods Cross KMart, Centerville Target, Layton Wally/Target/Tru without any luck yesterday.

The Layton TRU did have Deluxe Leia and Annaman marked down to $4.99. Not bad if anyone needs sail barge diorama gear or freaky bounty hunters.

Metaljedi, still watching for the Acklay. One was warming the shelf at the Fort Union Target on Monday, but the box was THRASHED and the tape seals had been broken. Sorry, but even I wouldn't go near that one and I open everything.

Deanpaul

Capitan_Moroni
07-03-2002, 01:21 PM
I'm back! (well, sorta..) I was known as The_Collector a while back, but that account no longer works, so here I am! I just found the entire BoShek wave at Market Square in SLC for those of you that are looking for that (as well as a ton of Red Carded figures). Keep in mind that Market Square is a freight damage store so the cards were pretty beat up (except for the red carded figures for some reason?). DeanPaul: I went to the WX K-mart the other day and found a ton of stuff I was looking for (Orn Fre Ta, Massif, Hanger Anikan, Endor Rebel Soldier, ect...)

deanpaul
07-03-2002, 01:45 PM
Cool Collector! I was wondering about you several pages back... around the time Count Poodooku was reincarnated. :)

Never heard of this Market Square place... Got any more info? How were the prices?

You gave me the tip on Leaderz when I first joined the board. Any info on where they went/what happened/went wrong? They had a sign right after they closed that said "closing due to corporate buyout". What's up with that?

Great to have you back as Captain Moroni!

Deanpaul

Capitan_Moroni
07-03-2002, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome Dean Paul! Market Square is located by the Sap Bros. truck stop off I-215. The prices were $5 for the figures (o.k. prices for what I got as I've never seen them at retail) but I can pretty much garuntee that the prices will drop as they have like 70% off sales all the time.
I have no idea what happened to Leaderz? They just kinda disapeared one day (eerie). I guess we can only assume that it was a corprate buy-out as the sign said.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-03-2002, 03:43 PM
Hey CM, nice handle. I see you have the Spanish-LDS connection thing going in your name. Chances are only us in this thread will ever know what your name means. :)

Can you give a more specific location for this Market Square place? I'm from Cali and don't really know where anything is north of POTM. I'd love to score some more Jawas if they have them on OC.

Capitan_Moroni
07-03-2002, 04:58 PM
hey MC. I'll try to find the exact address for you, but the only really more specific thing I can give you is take the California Avenue exit on I-215, and turn right on the street that Sap Bros. coffie is on.
They had some OC Jawas a little while back, I dont know if they have them anymore. The other day when I was there I really only remember the BoShek wave, and OC Hoth Han, Luke Skywalker, Luke Pilot, Lando, and they had a few of the landspeeder. (They also had a Saga Endor Rebel soldier wich made me pleasently surprised as it was the only Saga figure there).
One more thing. Are you LDS? (you dont have to awnser if you dont want to), I was kinda surprised that sombody actually recognized my name. (I dident relize I spelled captan wrong, lol)

metaljedi
07-03-2002, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys for looking out for me. It always seems that everytime I go out I just miss getting one.

deanpaul
07-04-2002, 05:23 PM
metaljedi,

Bought the Acklay for you today. I got the second to last one at a location I will give out by pm'd requests. Someone wrote in another forum that many non-subscribers were benefitting from the searches of those who post their results... I've felt that way a lot arriving an hour after a post to find cleaned pegs, so I'm holding back on the source this time.

I'll pm you my contact info metaljedi.

Regards,

Deanpaul

metaljedi
07-04-2002, 05:55 PM
Hey Thanks DeanPaul. I too have wondered about that myself. The Riverdale Toys R Us got a case of the Han wave this morning/last night also got MASS AMOUNTS of the Palpatine wave. In case someone needs a Chewie PM me I have extras.

deanpaul
07-05-2002, 07:22 PM
Action Figure Stands

Where can I find a truck load of action figure stands for the new line? Anyone have any experience with these things? I'm also going to need some for vintage figures as well...

Thanks,

Deanpaul

count poodooku
07-06-2002, 03:48 PM
The AF WalMart had about 6 each of Palpatine and Puhr. Nothing else of any significance.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-06-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Capitan_Moroni
hey MC. I'll try to find the exact address for you, but the only really more specific thing I can give you is take the California Avenue exit on I-215, and turn right on the street that Sap Bros. coffie is on.
They had some OC Jawas a little while back, I dont know if they have them anymore. The other day when I was there I really only remember the BoShek wave, and OC Hoth Han, Luke Skywalker, Luke Pilot, Lando, and they had a few of the landspeeder. (They also had a Saga Endor Rebel soldier wich made me pleasently surprised as it was the only Saga figure there).
One more thing. Are you LDS? (you dont have to awnser if you dont want to), I was kinda surprised that sombody actually recognized my name. (I dident relize I spelled captan wrong, lol)

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go once I get back from vacation (I'm in Long Beach right now for the week).

Yes, I'm also LDS. I'm getting a grad degree at the Y right now.

I was able to find the Acklay at the Washington W-M near St. George on 7/4, but didn't think it was worth the $.

I was also able to score the Chewie and OB1 pilot today in LA County. I'm finally caught up. :)

metaljedi
07-07-2002, 11:20 PM
I went to the Harrisvile Super Walmart and they had a BUNCH of the Chewie wave. Enough for the whole State of Utah! Plus they had Dooku's, Palps and Puhrs galore!

DahrJin
07-08-2002, 09:44 AM
Riverdale Wallyworld had a bunch of figures stocked. Palpatine, Massif, Phur and the warmers to boot. They had Acklays and Deluxe Anakins as well. They finally got the 12" Deluxe Jango, but I passed on it. Just looks funny to me.

Other than that, nothing new to be told.

Does anyone know when the new Tattooine Attack Anakin is to start hitting stores? I saw a couple pictures of it the other day, and it looks pretty sweet. Soft goods and all.

metaljedi
07-08-2002, 05:48 PM
I think he's supposed to be shipped in August after the Ki Adi Mundi and Darth Maul figures.

DahrJin
07-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Thanks metaljedi.

It's the only figure I'm looking to get out of the newer waves. Well until I see more of 'em that is.

deanpaul
07-08-2002, 06:04 PM
Centerville Target also had Palpatine, Massif, Phur and (quoting DahrJin here :) ) "the warmers to boot" - meaning Mace, Darth, Luke, OFT and ERS.

I know people are still looking for these, thus the post, but I'm really ready for some new stuff about now.

Centerville Target was pretty much cleaned out for a long time... They kept spreading out the three different figures they had across 16 pegs... and "someone" kept stacking the 12 figures onto 3 different pegs so it would be obvious how bare they were. Glad they restocked, but sure wish it was some newer stuff.

Regards,

Deanpaul

PS - I went to the dark side and scored Piett on Ebay over the weekend. I paid more than I wanted, but at least it's over.

metaljedi
07-08-2002, 08:13 PM
Actually on this very website they mentioned that AmokTime.com has Anakin in stock. I checked it out and he going for 17 bucks + shipping which is outrageous. Especially for a 3rd version of a AOTC Anakin. He's basically a soft goods version of the Hanger Duel. But the accessories he comes with will go good with my Anakin Vs Tuskens Cinema Scene :)

Capitan_Moroni
07-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Centerville target had those? wow, I need to go over there and pick up a Palpatine and Phur :eek: But alas, football training and a new girl friend have eaten up my funds and time this past week :(

aww well....

metaljedi
07-10-2002, 12:55 AM
Anybody looking for Adult EP2 T-Shirts? I found a bunch at Kmart and the best part was they were 7 bucks!! You can beat that.

DahrJin
07-10-2002, 09:38 AM
Which K Mart?

Ogden or Layton?

I want to get one to wear when I go any where with my wife.
I do so enjoy embarrasing her when we're out shopping. :D

deanpaul
07-10-2002, 10:34 AM
Captain Moroni,

I'm in Minnesota on a business trip right now, and those two Pap and Puhr are literally dripping off the pegs. I'd be happy to grab a set for you if you strike out at the Centerville Target. Just let me know via reply here.

Metaljedi and Jediwolf, I did not make it to the "special store" here last night. Plan to go tonight. I'll email you both what I find tomorrow.

Regards,

Deanpaul

metaljedi
07-10-2002, 02:43 PM
DahrJin

I found them at the Ogden Kmart. They had a few different designs. Mainly different versions of the Starfighter/Slave 1 scene.

DahrJin
07-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Thanks metaljedi, I might just have to pick up a couple for outtings with the wife. :D

metaljedi
07-11-2002, 03:28 PM
Just letting everyone know that Teemto and Ki Adi Mundi are out here already as well. I scored them last night.

DahrJin
07-11-2002, 05:26 PM
Where did you score them? Wallyworld-Target-TRU or someplace else you'd prefer not to say. :D

Capitan_Moroni
07-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Deanpaul: Thanks for the offer but I scored Purh yesterday (I decided to pass on the Palpatine). The ShopKo here in Bountiful had them of all places :crazed: I was surprised because they never have anything good.
If any of you are looking for Orn Fre Ta they have a bunch of him there as well.

Capitan_Moroni
07-13-2002, 04:13 PM
Thought I better bring us back to the top of the main page before we slipped off it and into oblivion.

metaljedi
07-13-2002, 08:54 PM
Hey guys if your looking for some different looking Star Wars shirts they have them at Hot Topic. There were about 6 different styles. This was at the Hot Topic at the Newgate Mall so Im not sure if they have them at other ones.

DahrJin
07-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Are those the Japan style ones? Cartoonish looking?

Went out on a couple runs this weekend, in the Ogden area only, but nothing new to report. No Mundi Sightings for me.

TRU: same old warmers, Mace, Jango and about 50 Super Battle Droids. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

ShopKo: Had the leftovers of the Mundi wave. There were only a couple of royal gaurds left on the peg. :(

Target: They seemed to be cleaning out the stock room here. Pegwarmers O'Plenty, with a couple DooKus mixed in. They have even added a clearence section by the sporting goods. Why it's labled clearence, I don't know, because the figures are still $4.99. Maybe they are planning a huge mark down to clear shelf space. They have at least 30 Mace Windu's so I guess no one wants him. I did manage to find an OB-1 pilot and Han Endor on the pegs. Picked 'em up for lack of anything else to buy. :)

WallMart: They also had the left overs of the Mundi wave, no Mundi himself, but plenty of royal gaurds and a couple DooKus on the pegs. WallMart get's my vote for best place to find figures so far. They have so many pegs full of figures, not all new, but a good place to play catch up or to buy extras.

While I was thumbing through the pegs, a store worker came by with a cart of stuff that had been picked up or found around the store. She had a couple OB-1 Pilots and three Chewies, so someone's been hiding figures there.

Other than that, everything's about the same. TRU is becoming a huge dissapointment as well as Target. KB Toys hasn't had anything new for weeks. Wallyworld is the most consistant stocker of large amounts of figures.

If I find anything new or exciting, I'll post a note. From now on, I will be only giving out the locations of NEW toy finds through PM only. I'll post with the find, but not the location. If you'd like the location, PM me and I'll be happy to pass on the info. Again, this will be for NEW finds only.

metaljedi
07-16-2002, 12:21 AM
DahrJin,

They are kind of cartoonish but they have some other ones too. I too havent seen and Mundi sightings since I found them. But I havent been looking that much. I wouldn't count on TRU getting any new figs when they had at least 10 cases of the Palpy wave last time I was there. And I think just posting the finds and if people wanna know where exactly they can PM each other.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-17-2002, 04:40 PM
Wow, so Mundi & Co. are out already. I thought I was set when I finally got Chewie and brainwashed OB1. I may pass on KAM since it looks like a knockoff of the EP1 sculpt except with that stupid deflect-o effect. The Ani looks pretty sweet though.

DahrJin
07-17-2002, 04:58 PM
Yeah from what I've heard and read, the Mundi is pretty much the same figure as the EP I version. The only difference is he has a more articulated arm and like you said, the Blast-o effect. ZZZZZZZZZZ boring, along with the pod racer guy. Can't wait for the Anakin..........

metaljedi
07-17-2002, 06:05 PM
I can wait for the Anakin he's the same figure from the Hangar Duel with a POWER KICK ohhhh big deal. Im waiting for the Padme Pilot and Ephant Mon figure.

DahrJin
07-17-2002, 06:26 PM
He may be the same, but he has a cloth tunic. :D

I can pass on the Padme pilot, but Ephant Mon looks sweet. From what I've seen of him that is.

Capitan_Moroni
07-17-2002, 07:43 PM
I found a few pilot Obi-wans and whole slew of the new Hans if anyone is looking for them still.

metaljedi
07-17-2002, 08:43 PM
The only thing I want from the new Anakin figure is his accessories. Thats it. Anakin himself will be used as custom fodder.

metaljedi
07-17-2002, 08:45 PM
I hate rehashed figures sorry

swatter
07-17-2002, 08:53 PM
I found Mundi and Teemto today at the AF Wal Mart. I was there at 4:30. I bought them both seeing how I haven't seen anything new lately. There were plenty of Palpy, DP, Chewie, han Endor, Massif, etc.

metaljedi
07-18-2002, 12:40 AM
If anybody finds any Preview figs at their local Walmarts for 1.50 could you pick me up as many Clone Troopers as possible?? I would really appriecate it.

metaljedi
07-18-2002, 06:03 AM
Found Ki Adi Mundi and Teemto Pagalies out and about. If you wanna know where PM me.

DahrJin
07-18-2002, 10:06 AM
metaljedi, haven't seen any POTJ preview clones at wallyworld in awhile. Just where did you hear they could be found for $1.50? If I run across any for that price, I'll see what I can do about picking as many as possible up for ya.

I saw a few when I was out the other day, like 3 or 4 of 'em, but they were still priced at $7.99. :( If you'd like to know where, PM me.

***EDIT TO ADD***

Went out running this morning and stopped in at one store. There were Saga Hans, Chewies, OB-1 Pilots and Mace's O'Plenty. With the added bonus of a few R2's, DooKu's and Bespin Vaders/Lukes in the mix.

**Forgot to mention, there were some Anakin HD's as well. Not sure if they were the peg version or not.**

If you need any of these, PM me and I'll give you the location.

Man you gotta dig this SECRET SQUIRREL junk. ;) Now if I could only find my secret decoder ring.......:p

DahrJin
07-18-2002, 02:48 PM
Bump for lack of anything better to do. :p

Capitan_Moroni
07-18-2002, 03:14 PM
HUZZAH!! I finally found a Dooku and Yoda today. The store also had Orn Fre Taas, DP's, Palpatines, Chewies, Hans, Lukes, and Vaders a plenty.

DahrJin
07-18-2002, 03:20 PM
Congrats CM!

At least someone is still having fun hunting for figures and finding what they want. :D

metaljedi
07-18-2002, 05:10 PM
DahrJin,

It was either Sandtroopers or Rebelscum I heard that they were 1.50 a pop. I havent seen any Preview figures out in any stores since I moved here. I have a set of them but I wanna do customs of the Clonetrooper since Hasbro is taking their sweet time in giving us a better selection. Hey could you PM me on where those were??

Metaljedi

metaljedi
07-18-2002, 05:21 PM
Forgot to mention that the Saga ESB X-Wing is out. Some fella in AZ found one.

metaljedi
07-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Bumped Up

DahrJin
07-18-2002, 05:49 PM
metaljedi, check your PM's.

Not much into the vehicles and all, but I might have to take a look at this X-Wing you are talking about. Is it the 25th Anniversary one I've been hearing about?

metaljedi
07-18-2002, 08:13 PM
Yeah it's the 25th Anniversary one with the dirty R2-D2. It looks pretty good. Thanks for the heads up on those figs.

DahrJin
07-19-2002, 09:29 AM
Anytime. Does anyone know where to catch a look at a picture of the X-Wing metaljedi's talking about?

Didn't get a chance to go out hunting last night, due to the planning of a birthday party for our daughter. She will be five this weekend, and she wants everything! :D

Going birthday shopping tonight, so I'll see what's hanging around in the local northern stores. And believe me, I'm sure we will go to ALL of them. ;)

Capitan_Moroni
07-19-2002, 11:15 AM
Darhjin: Check out the aptly named "Collectors Database" wich used to be the picture archive. You'll probly find a pic of the new X-wing there.

DahrJin
07-19-2002, 11:18 AM
Thanks CM, I'll check it out later.

I owe, I owe so it's off to work I go! :D

jediwolf
07-19-2002, 01:07 PM
:D I got the X-wing today at the toys r us in Orem and I got Ki-Adi Mundi and teemto at the WM in Sandy

metaljedi
07-20-2002, 01:18 AM
I was able to find the X-Wing today and a ample amount as well.

Capitan_Moroni
07-20-2002, 05:28 PM
Does this X-wing fit R3-T7 and R4-M9 in the droid slot? Or will only the new R2 fit?

metaljedi
07-21-2002, 12:06 AM
That I don't know.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-22-2002, 03:53 PM
I got mine last Friday also. In fact it was the last one at the Orem TRU. I'm really thinking about taking it back. $40 is a total rip off. The B-Wing was $40 but it at least was pretty big.

Is this X-Wing supposed to be a TRU exclusive?

metaljedi
07-22-2002, 06:51 PM
Good luck in taking it back. Most TRU's aren't letting people bring back "collectibles". So you may be stuck with it. The X-Wing is a TRU exclusive along with the Landspeeder thats coming out.

DahrJin
07-25-2002, 10:54 AM
Well my journey towards SW Geekdom is now complete.

I broke down and bought two SW T-Shirts lastnight. I know my journey is complete, because I can't wait to wear 'em in public. :p

J/K.

Don't want to upset anyone who wears SW t-shirts on a regular basis. ;)

Boy is my wife gonna love being seen with me now. :D

Oh and Media Play had a sweet Vader Jersey, sad thing is, it costs $49.99. A little too much, to be subtracted from my toy budget at this time. :(

Mandalorian Candidat
07-25-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by metaljedi
Good luck in taking it back. Most TRU's aren't letting people bring back "collectibles". So you may be stuck with it. The X-Wing is a TRU exclusive along with the Landspeeder thats coming out.

No, it shouldn't be a problem. It's their written policy that as long as you have the receipt you can bring it back within 45 days for a collectible.

Capitan_Moroni
07-25-2002, 04:16 PM
I was reading through the first few pages, and I was wondering what ever happened to Thomaslane? Did he fall into a well or somthing? Or was he re-encarnated like me? or what?

swatter
07-25-2002, 04:30 PM
On my lunch break today I saw the "new" Mace with red battle droid. This was at the Target in Sandy. There were also quite a few Acklays. The acklays were priced at 15.99. Is it the same price everywhere else? Also, it appears that there is no longer a shortage of Palpatine and DP. Those two guys are everywhere.

metaljedi
07-25-2002, 05:31 PM
Mandalorian Candidat,

I guess it all depends on which store you go to then. The TRU in Ogden won't let any collectibles (whether it be within the 45 days or not) be brought back due to scalpers/dealers.

MetalJedi

DahrJin
07-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Anyone seeing the second wave of the Unleashed line yet? There are reports of them being found in other states, at Targets and Meijers stores. I went to both of my local Targets and both Wallyworlds but nothing was to be found.

As soon as someone sees these, please PM me and let me know where. I really want the Vader and Anakin, think I might pass on the "Hey is it chilly in here" Padme, if you know what I'm talking about. ;)

I might like it better when I see it myself and not in a picture.

metaljedi
07-27-2002, 01:32 AM
Im waiting for the Anakin myself. Also if anybody sees the Target accessory sets PM me.

DahrJin
07-29-2002, 09:47 AM
Sorry metaljedi, I haven't seen those yet either. If I see any this week, I'll be sure to let you know.

Nothing new found this weekend. Hope the hunt heats up soon, real soon.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-29-2002, 12:40 PM
I haven't seen squat as well this weekend. I also don't think that the Sith Rising expansion set for the TCG has been released either. I was supposed to come out today but the wizards.com site hasn't said anything yet. Anyone spotted any booster packs yet?

DahrJin
07-29-2002, 12:43 PM
Anyone seeing the ne Anakin or Maul figures yet? Yes, I said Maul.:D

metaljedi
07-29-2002, 04:51 PM
Nothing here either.

DahrJin
07-30-2002, 12:45 PM
Still nothing to see here....move along!

metaljedi
07-30-2002, 04:46 PM
So far I need the Deluxe 3P0 and Yoda, Darth Maul and Ani Tatooine Resculpt I mean Attack, Unleashed Ani, Target Accessory sets. Uh I need a second job.

DahrJin
07-30-2002, 05:27 PM
All I'm looking for right now is:

Tat. Attack Anakin

Unleashed Vader

Anakin Unleashed

Saga Maul

The oh so sweet KOTO VADER vinyl kit ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-31-2002, 12:34 PM
The Orem Target had about 1-2 cases of the Chewie/OB1 pilot wave this morning.

DahrJin
07-31-2002, 01:07 PM
Yeah, seems like Hasbro made a huge number of these cases. Considering all the Han's, Chewie's and OB-1 pilots I've seen in the last couple weeks. In every store I go into, they have multiples of these figures and none of the newer ones I'm after.

Bastages!!!!!!! Put out the new figures already!

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2002, 11:50 AM
I've seen more Palp/Djas and Orn wave cases out than anything lately with the Chewie wave barely making a blip. But if every wave will show up en masse like the previous ones then great for us.

Still haven't seen the Sith Rising expansion set for the TCG. Anyone seen it yet?

jediwolf
08-01-2002, 04:14 PM
:) hello guys, I fund the deluxe Yoda and C-3po at Target in Sandy and the WM's in Sandy and AF had the Jango Fett room alarm, I'm still loking for the Playskool sets, so the all guys

metaljedi
08-01-2002, 11:28 PM
Saw the new Action Fleet and Jango Fett Room Alarm at Walmart.

no_cool_name
08-05-2002, 12:10 PM
Anything new?:confused:

Capitan_Moroni
08-05-2002, 12:15 PM
welcome no_cool_name! hows it going? what part of Utah are you from?

no_cool_name
08-05-2002, 12:43 PM
welcome no_cool_name! hows it going? what part of Utah are you from?

I am in American Fork.

metaljedi
08-05-2002, 05:03 PM
No new stuff here.

metaljedi
08-06-2002, 01:24 AM
Has anyone heard from deanpaul? I havent seen him on the boards lately.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-06-2002, 03:22 PM
I've given up hunting around for now. I'll just wait until one of you guys finds something before I go out again.

I still have yet to find even a scrap of the Sith Rising expansion set. I guess the retailers in this state are behind the times.

Capitan_Moroni
08-06-2002, 05:14 PM
I havent had the time nor the money lately. My last paycheck went to paying registration fees for school ($184.50!!!) and buying LOTR today on DVD.

deanpaul
08-06-2002, 07:22 PM
Hey guys.

I'm here, kind of.

Been working in Minnesota since the 15th, so not a lot of finds to help everyone out - Except I did pick up the Guard and Frozen Han for you metaljedi! And I scored the two Target Accessories I wanted as well.

I come back tonight, and I will email you this week to set up a meetin'.

Regards,

Deanpaul

DahrJin
08-07-2002, 02:17 PM
Has anyone seen the new unleashed Vader or Anakin in Utah yet? I'm getting tired of looking and looking, only to find the Jango and Maul overstocked at every store I go to.

If anyone sees these, PLEASE let me know.

I'm jonesin' for the Vader...well for anything new at all. :D

Darth Detori
08-07-2002, 02:28 PM
I'm not from the area, but I'm in the same boat as you- I NEED that thing like no-one believes. I've been looking on all the just found forums recently and they've ONLY been spotted at Meijers and GameStop. THATS IT.
good luck! I know I'm not having any :p

DahrJin
08-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Yeah, same goes for me.

I can't explain WHY I need the Vader so bad. Maybe, because I missed the CinemaCast Vader oh so many years ago, and I've been a Vader fan from the begining.

Capitan_Moroni
08-07-2002, 03:05 PM
Found the Acklay and Hoth accessory pack yesterday. I passed on both. If anybody is looking for these (or anything else I post for that matter) PM me for locations.

DahrJin
08-08-2002, 09:55 AM
Still "bangin' head to the wall" slow around here these days.

I'm to the piont, I feel the urge to buy warmers just because they are there.

Help me please!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to buy a baby Boba or Capt. Typho. :(

I've even catch myself looking at toy lines I was never intrested in, due to the lack of anything new in the SW section to do the happy dance about.:frus:

Mandalorian Candidat
08-08-2002, 01:53 PM
Found the Acklay and Hoth accessory pack yesterday. I passed on both. If anybody is looking for these (or anything else I post for that matter) PM me for locations.

My son found a Hoth pack yesterday. Lucky for me he stashed it in the store so I could find it later. :D

For anyone into the SW:TCG, I finally found the Sith Rising booster set. There's a store in Orem on State street, about 250 N, called Pastimes. They're selling the 11-boosters for $2.50 (also for the AOTC set), which is way cheaper than anyone else I've seen.

Capitan_Moroni
08-08-2002, 02:44 PM
My son found a Hoth pack yesterday. Lucky for me he stashed it in the store so I could find it later.

The Hoth set I found was stashed in another out-of-the-way isle. I put it up front with the other Star Wars stuff so other people could find it. I hope it wasn't yours! ;) :D

Mandalorian Candidat
08-08-2002, 07:11 PM

The Hoth set I found was stashed in another out-of-the-way isle. I put it up front with the other Star Wars stuff so other people could find it. I hope it wasn't yours! ;) :D

If it was don't sweat it. Others will come out. Thes one I really want are the Endor and DS sets. I never really liked the Rebel Hoth Soldier that much anyway.

Capitan_Moroni
08-09-2002, 12:02 AM
Found the Arena accesory set today (same store) and finally caved in and bought the Slave 1 (great ship BTW).

Capitan_Moroni
08-09-2002, 12:03 AM
hey, would ya look at that! I'm a Padawan now, WOO HOO! And what a great place to advance, here with my fellow Utahns!

DahrJin
08-09-2002, 09:52 AM
Still haven't seen anything new. :(

I'm getting fed up with seeing the same ol' junk in every store I go into. :frus:

If, and when can we expect to see anything new in Utah?

metaljedi
08-09-2002, 05:20 PM
Hopefully very soon we will see the Arena Playset, Silver R2, Republic Gunship, and new figures. I for one would like Anakin Tattooine Attack and Darth Maul ASAP.

road
08-09-2002, 07:05 PM
Just thought I'd give a shout out....
I just found this site.... I too am fed up with the same ol same ol..
But hopefully new figs will be in stores here soon..

Capitan_Moroni
08-09-2002, 08:24 PM
Welcome Road! what part of Utah do you hail from?

road
08-09-2002, 08:53 PM
I live in Provo but I work in Salt Lake ....
So i hit stores from Salt Lake to Spanish Fork....

count poodooku
08-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Where has Ki Adi Mundi and Teemto been found lately in Utah County? I am only interested in picking up Teemto, since Mundi is a repeat. LMK Thanks

swatter
08-11-2002, 12:18 PM
I found the Mundi wave at the AF Wal Mart about three weeks ago.

While I was out making the rounds yesterday I found two pack of HD Anakin and Yoda packaged with other more abundant figures at K Mart. They were in protective plastic cases and sold for 9.99. Has anyone else seen these at other K Marts? There were quite a few Yodas and HD Anakins.

DahrJin
08-12-2002, 10:12 AM
Nothing new yet! :(

Went to several stores this weekend, and it seems that the exact figures, that were there two weeks ago, are still there. Is no one buying figures anymore?

There for awhile, it seemed like stores couldn't keep enough figures out, and now it's like they have way too many out.

So what is the deal?

Sorry for the ramblings, just fed up with looking for new stuff(Unleashed Vader and Tat. Attack Anakin) and always seeing the same ol' junk. :mad:

Mandalorian Candidat
08-12-2002, 03:59 PM
WM always has way too many figs out, except now it seems that it's caught up with them. They used to still put out new ones, but I think that's stopped. They are supposed to be resetting soon for the fall, just like how Target has done the past week. Thus, they have to put figures in a smaller shelf space.

I figure the latest wave with Ani and Co. will eventually show up so I'm not to concerned. What really bugs me is why hasn't Sith Rising shown up at all at the large retailers.

metaljedi
08-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Since most retailers have an abundance of figures out I think it'll be awhile before we see anything new.

road
08-12-2002, 04:52 PM
I agree with you metaljedi...
although i wish that was not the case...
I am still looking for a few of the older figs so the hunt isn't as bad for me.... but still i am dying for the new ones that should be out here...

DahrJin
08-12-2002, 04:55 PM
No Doubt!

The same figures, Palpatine, Chewie, Han, Endor Rebel and Orn Free Ta clog the pegs so thick nothing moves. If they need to reset for the fall and make room, they will need to clearence a butt load of figures to complete it.

Let's hope that's the case, I sure could buy up spme warmers if they were priced at $2.50-$3.00. :D

road, what OLDER figures are you looking for?

WM's in Layton and Riverdale have soooooooo many figures cloggin' the pegs you're sure to find something you're looking for. I've seen figures from Tusken Female W/background card all the way up to the Palpy wave. Just sittin' there on the pegs.

road
08-12-2002, 05:24 PM
1. Anakin Skywalker – Outland Peasant Disguise
3. Obi – Wan Kenobi – Coruscant Chase
4. C- 3PO – Protocol Droid
7. Boba Fett – Kamino Escape
12. Plo Koon – Arena Battle
14. R2 – D2 – Coruscant Sentry
22. Anakin Skywalker – Hangar Duel
23. Yoda – Jedi Master
27. Count Dooku – Dark Lord
33. Endor Rebel Soldier
34. Massiff with Geonosian Warrior
36. Obi – Wan Kenobi – Jedi Starfighter Pilot

These are the ones I'm still on the hunt for...
I am a little behind because i didn't have a job for a while when
the figs came out.....
Also this may be a stupid question but what's the difference with the packages with background card and not....
I should say ... which was the original release... with or without..?

These are the older saga figs im looking for but i am looking for POTF and POTJ and such also....If you want to know those i'll compile a list of what i have later...

DahrJin
08-13-2002, 09:52 AM
road, check your PM's! :D

Are you having troubles finding these or are you just picking them up as needed?

Most stores here in the Ogden/Layton area, have all but the Yoda you are looking for.

Still seeing the same ol' stuff around here.

Anyone hear of the Unleashed Vader being found in Utah yet? I do believe every state but ours has seen these. :p

jediwolf
08-13-2002, 06:51 PM
:) Hello guys, I fund Darth Maul and Anakin tatooine at KB toys in Orem today and they had the deluxe Yoda and C-3po to.

DahrJin
08-14-2002, 09:35 AM
Looks like I'll be hitting KB Toys today!

Thanks for the heads up jediwolf.

Darth Timicus
08-15-2002, 01:27 AM
Hey, everyone! Has anyone seen the Starfighter Obi-wan lately. I've been looking, but just seem to get to the stores at the wrong time. Every time I go, someone seems to have just walked out with the last one in stock!

metaljedi
08-15-2002, 05:50 AM
Hey guys,

Just back from a trip to Idaho. Found a lonely Hoth Accessory Set that just needed a relocation :) Anything new around here? Ive been gone a few days and thats usually when everything drops.

DahrJin
08-15-2002, 09:32 AM
Nothing too new metaljedi.

Looks like the new Anakin and Maul are being found at KB toy stores in the SLC area, but the one up north had nada last night. :(

Regular stores have the same ol' same ol'.

Guess I'll be going back to KB toys again tonight!

swatter
08-15-2002, 10:24 AM
TRU is having a sale on Obi Wan's Jedi starfighter and Slave 1 for 19.99. The deluxe figures are on sale for 7.99. If you buy 25.00 or more they take another 5.00 off. I use the TRU credit card for the instore Geofrey Dollars so I managed to get both ships and crayola markers and crayons for free. Ships for dad and crayolas for kids and back to school.

road
08-15-2002, 01:11 PM
Thanx swatter...

no_cool_name
08-15-2002, 08:30 PM
The KMart in AF has tons of the new two packs. They are also having a sale. If you buy any star wars toy you get another one for half off. Too bad they didn't have anything that I needed.

metaljedi
08-16-2002, 01:13 AM
Found a Deluxe Mace Windu w/ Red Battle Droid today in my neverending quest to find anything new.

DahrJin
08-16-2002, 09:44 AM
.....Nothing.....Oh never mind! :D

Mandalorian Candidat
08-16-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by no_cool_name
The KMart in AF has tons of the new two packs. They are also having a sale. If you buy any star wars toy you get another one for half off. Too bad they didn't have anything that I needed.

Is that sale chain-wide or just in AF?

no_cool_name
08-16-2002, 01:00 PM
I am not sure, but i think that it is just AF. :confused:

Capitan_Moroni
08-16-2002, 01:33 PM
Layton TRU has the new X-wing and Landspeeder. Thats all thats new there. They also have the POTJ deluxe on sale for 4.97 (ketwol is more expensive than them, how sad...)

Has anyone seen any Nikto jedi or KE Jango around lately? I've been looking for those 2 since Jango KE is starting to fade on the helmet, and Nikto Jedi's lightsaber broke.

count poodooku
08-16-2002, 01:34 PM
Road---Do you still need the Endor Rebel Soldier and Massif? I have one extra of each. I also live in AF, and I would charge you $5.30 a piece. LMK what you think.

metaljedi
08-16-2002, 02:11 PM
Just to let everyone know that Kmart sale is nationwide.

jediwolf
08-16-2002, 05:20 PM
:) Hello guys, I fund today at TRU in Orem the Landspeeder they had six of them, I'm still looking for the playskool set's.

metaljedi
08-16-2002, 11:06 PM
Hey everyone, found the Deluxe C-3P0 and TRU Landspeeder today. The Landspeeder is awesome and at a great price. I also saw the Unleashed Padme but didnt pick it up it looked too shotty to me. Wish Vader or Ani would of been there.

deanpaul
08-16-2002, 11:21 PM
Hey everyone,

Picked up the last Layton TRU landspeeder tonight (Thanks Collector/Captain Moroni ;) ) and I agree with Metal Jedi on this one - it's freakin' awesome. However I gotta ask: What's with no pegs on the seat backs for R2 and 3PO? Where's the love? Luke's landspeeder becomes the Miata of the SW Universe.

Captain Moroni - I've seen both the Nikto and Jango around at TRU's mostly. Sugar House to be specific. Would you like me to look next time I'm there? I'd be happy to help out, just let me know.

Also picked up the Deluxe 3PO at Target, although I'm trying to decide if it's a keeper. No sign of Yoda.

Good luck hunting!

Deanpaul

metaljedi
08-17-2002, 04:37 AM
Looks like we just missed each other DeanPaul thats where I got my Landspeeder as well! :)

deanpaul
08-18-2002, 07:48 PM
Bummer metaljedi! I could've brought your two figures! ;)

OK -Went to the Dark Side (eBay) today and finally scored a Naboo Royal Guard. Ten bucks - it didn't hurt as bad as I expected. Sooooo... If'n any of yous was still on the lookout for me puh-leeze discontinue. This means you jediwolf! By the way, how have you been? I have not seen you around here much. Minnesota was bust for the several things you requested, but a good trip anyway.

Good luck out there everyone!

Deanpaul

metaljedi
08-19-2002, 03:27 AM
Anyone seen the New Anakin or Darth Maul figures yet? Or maybe the Cantina Sets or Accessory Sets?

Capitan_Moroni
08-19-2002, 01:04 PM
I've found the Hoth and Arena accesory sets at the Centerville Target before..

no_cool_name
08-19-2002, 08:05 PM
AF walmart had the new cantina sets.

road
08-20-2002, 02:44 PM
Brigham city WM had all 3 cantina sets on sunday when i went up there....!!!!

jediwolf
08-20-2002, 05:27 PM
:) Thanks for the tip no cool name, I got them today.

road
08-20-2002, 05:31 PM
They are pretty cool!! anyone seen the darth maul and other new ones anywhere yet?

jediwolf
08-20-2002, 05:42 PM
KB had them last week road

road
08-20-2002, 05:53 PM
I freakin missed them.....argggg I looked at KB in provo and orem and didn't see them when i went....

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2002, 10:41 AM
The Orem WM is just a wasteland. They've reset the SW aisle and cut down on the peg space for figures. There's still an endcap with tons of older figures so I doubt they'll be stocking anything new soon.

Same with the Orem Target and TRU

I've just given up on finding anything for the time being. :(

DahrJin
08-23-2002, 10:00 AM
Well, I'm back after a few days off. Had a funeral to attend in Wyoming.

So from what I see, KB toys is/was the place to score the new Anakin and Maul. Well the KB here up north hasn't had any, at any time I was there. I sure hope I didn't miss out again.

I have yet to find the new Unleashed as well, and now other Utah collectors are telling me about finding the new Padme wave. Will I ever get caught up? Arrrgh...............:(

DahrJin
08-26-2002, 10:29 AM
Well from the number of posts since Friday, I'm guessing NOBODY'S finding anything new in Utah.

Anyone have, or can get their hands on an extra Tat Attack Anakin or Vader Unleashed?

I'm getting real tired of looking, and never finding these.

BTW- The usual stores here up north have the same ol' warmers as always. I haven't seen anything that comes close to being new in months. Hope others are having better luck in this state than I.

DahrJin
08-27-2002, 09:55 AM
Helloooooo.......helloooooooooo......is there anybody in here. Just nod if you can hear me.........:D

Nada....zip.....zero.....to be found yet.

count poodooku
08-27-2002, 10:24 AM
I'm here. Did Hasbro claim bankruptcy also?

deanpaul
08-27-2002, 10:37 AM
I hear you DahrJin. I've been lurking without much to report. There seems to be some slack in the pipeline. But that's alright, I'm sure we'll get a crack at all the new stuff in turn.

I've never seen a Ki or Teemeto, new Maul or Anikin - but I'm probably passing on them anyway so I'm personally not loosing sleep over them. Although, that new cut scene droid looks pretty cool...

Since the stores have been so empty, I've been trying to fill some older holes in my collection on eBay. So far I picked up a Naboo Royal Guard and a mail away Mace. It's a dangerous place (eBay), and I'm starting to get the nerve to go after a few select missing vintage pieces, like the ROTJ Jabba and throne... But that's going to take some guts.

Since the Gunships have been showing up elsewhere in the US, I'm probably going to begin active hunting again. I've given up for the most part over the last month and a half - so I'm refreshed and rested and ready to go.

My big want list right now: Padme pilot, Gunship pilot (x2) ;) , Gunship and Playskool Falcon. Still trying to figure out how to time my purchaces for the Silver R2 fiasco. Anyone know when that is happening?

Best of luck on finding the stuff you want.

Deanpaul

road
08-27-2002, 02:01 PM
yea im here too.... just haven't found anything.... but my wife is getting a job at Wal mart so i am going to be in on the new stuff when it comes in cause she will check for me and tell me when there is new stuff....

Mandalorian Candidat
08-27-2002, 04:54 PM
OK guys. Jediwolf and I hit the jackpot today. We both were at the Orem Mall KB when they opened this morning and they had one or two cases with the new Maul and Ani as well as Ki-Adi and Teemto. There were only two of each of the Teemto and KAM and I think we got them all, but there were still some Mauls and Anis left.

They also had a bunch of deluxe Yodas and C-3POs. They both looked sweet, but I'll wait until the price goes down below $11.99.

I lucked out this time because I was there last night and found a lone Dooku. When I went to pay for it the manager told me to come in this morning because they would put out all the new stuff.

This is the first time I've found anything for the first time since the POTF2 line at a KB.

deanpaul
08-27-2002, 06:51 PM
Way to go fellas! Glad someone scored something today.

I went to Utah County on a lark today - down to "Builders Bargains" in Lehi to check out some supplies for my house remodel - what a waste in regard to my needs. Going to kill my wife's cousin who recommended the trip.

While on the topic of wasted trips - I can offer that the Sandy WalMart, Orem Univ. WalMart, Provo TRU, AF WalMart, Fort Union WalMart, State St. TRU, and Sugar House TRU all did not, I repeat DID NOT have jack squat. Especially when it comes to Gunships. Unless you want Landspeeders, then Provo TRU is loaded on shelf and above. However, it was a complete wash for me.

Now I know why you all have been fishing instead of hunting. :)

Deanpaul

jediwolf
08-28-2002, 12:59 AM
:) Hello guys, the KB in Sandy have tons of the Mual and Ani wave they had 6 cases, no Adi or teemto.

DahrJin
08-28-2002, 09:36 AM
Did someone say fishing? :sur:

The Wal Mart in Riverdale has clearenced the last of the POTJ 12 inchers they have. All that was there were the Death Star Trooper and DS Droid. They were priced at $15.00.

They are closing the store to open a new Super Wallyworld across the street, so they have stopped stocking their shelves. So this explains why no new SW on the pegs.

When I close my eyes, I can just see the NEW FIGURES and the VADER UNLEASHED I've been looking for, just hanging on those shelves in that new, yet unopened store.

Get on with it wallyworld! I NEED those toys now you bastages.:crazed:

deanpaul
08-28-2002, 09:37 AM
jediwolf,

Have you seen the Playskool Millennium Falcon?

And on an unrelated professional note: Where would you buy vertical grain fir for trim use? I'd like s4, but I'd go for s2 if you can recommend a good place to have it milled. I'm going to need pieces that finish to 3/4x5 - so I'll have to buy 650 bf of 4/4x6. I'd like to find 16' lengths. any advice?

Oh - and what would you use to finish five panel fir doors and jambs? I want a clear or slight tone (yellowish) and bulletproof durability. Do you know a good poly finish, or would you use lacquer? Spray on or roll on?

Sorry to be off topic - ;)

Deanpaul

deanpaul
08-28-2002, 09:38 AM
DahrJin,

Have they told you when they will open the new store?

Deanpaul

DahrJin
08-28-2002, 09:46 AM
deanpaul,

No, it seems to be some sort of classified information. :D

I guess they are waiting for the old store to be cleared of product before they open the new one, who knows.

I'm still waiting for the giant clearence sale to happen.

I can see walking in and finding everything priced to move.....now that would be sweet.

Per your questions about the fir.

You are just looking for trim right? Have you tried any local cabinet shops? I have found some good deals on trim there, and in some cases they will make what you want per order.

Hope that helps a bit.

deanpaul
08-28-2002, 09:56 AM
Thanks DahrJin.

What a logistical nightmare to move product from a fully stocked store to a new build across a street. It makes sense that they will open before the original is fully picked clean, but at what point will they stop stocking and start carting? I'm sure there will be a transition (only one location open at a time of course) where they open the new boy and move over say a department a day from the old place. Wonder what happens to stuff damaged in the move... Discount sale or donation to some other entity?

The fir is going to be straightforward, once I find it. It's not really shaped at all, except for quarter round and maybe an outside corner I can make myself. Otherwise, it's just simple straight board trim. National had it for a reasonable price per bf, which is not bad, but I don't know who else is out there. Local cabinet shops are a good tip. Thanks.

Deanpaul

Capitan_Moroni
08-28-2002, 08:40 PM
Market Square has a bunch of the first wave episode 1 figures. I scored a bunch yesterday.

road
08-28-2002, 08:43 PM
where is Market Square??????!!!

jediwolf
08-28-2002, 10:29 PM
:) Hello guys, today I got the 12" from TRU.com, they are sweet, Dean, I got the millennium Falcon at KB in Sandy last month and the KB in Provo had 2 two weeks ago, and the trim national is the best bet. we get all are wood from them, and I will get lacquer, and spray will be better finish.

deanpaul
08-28-2002, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the wood tip jediwolf!

Took a chance on the Sandy KB for the Falcon today since jediwolf found the 3/4" there... Gotta say I liked Anikin enough to pick one up - even though it violates my "one figure per character" rule. :) They also had the deluxe Yoda and 3PO if anyone wants...

Now, where is that Amidala Pilot? :)

Anyone order the Gunship from Walmart.com? I might break down and do that to save some gas...

Deanpaul

jediwolf
08-28-2002, 10:49 PM
:) I order 2 from them Dean, and I'm buying one more when they hit the store's

DahrJin
08-29-2002, 09:54 AM
Anyone heard from metaljedi?

I do believe he and I are the only two from up north, and his input and leads have been helpful when I can't get out on the hunt.

Oh and NO, I still haven't found anything new! :mad:

Are you people still seeing the Tat. Attack Anakin?

I have yet to see it any where. :( And don't even get me started on the Unleashed Vader..............

Mandalorian Candidat
08-29-2002, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't worry about getting your hands on the TA Anakin, DJ. The market's kind of cyclical and right now we're in the middle of a low. It'll come around in a month or so when all the other figures like Ephant Mon get released.

DahrJin
08-30-2002, 10:06 AM
I know it will show up sooner or later, but I'm just sooo tired of seeing the same ol' warmers in every store.

The last SW toys I bought were a Nitko Jedi and a POTJ Porkins I found while in WYO. for a funeral. :mad:

So what's the word on the Vader unleashed?

Is it being found mainly at TRU's or what?

As for KB being the place for the new Anakin and Maul, I guess someone forgot to tell the manager of the store here up north. I have been there like 4 times in the last 5 days and haven't seen SQUAT.

I do believe the darkside is clouding my vision on this one. :D

deanpaul
08-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Fort Union Target: 2-3 each of all 4 accessory kits. 11:00 am 08.30.02

On your mark, get set....

Deanpaul

DahrJin
08-30-2002, 02:13 PM
No thank you. I'll be leaving these for those who really want them. .....;)

road
08-30-2002, 11:48 PM
found (1) landspeeder and (2) 12" luke with tauntaun at TRU in Orem tonight....

jediwolf
08-31-2002, 12:24 AM
:) Hello guys, the WM in AF and Orem had the new 12" and TRU had 4 luke and taun taun 12", today I got in the mail the 12" Ki-Adi-Mundi, I order 2 days ago, that was fast for the SW fan club

DahrJin
09-03-2002, 10:09 AM
My weekend hunts proved to be most unproductive.

I hit all the local stores, and nothing. KB toys was the bright spot in my hunt, or at least I thought it might be, but it was just as bad as the rest. No new Anakin or Maul for me.

I hit TRU in ogden with the hopes of finding the ever elusive UNLEASHED Vader, but again nothing.

Target....well it's Target, what more needs to be said.

Wallyworld has the same stuff it's had for months. I still think all the new stuff is just sitting on the shelves in the yet to be opened SUPER WALLYWORLD across the street. :mad:

I was so desperate for new SW stuff, I even walked into a ShopKo, and they had the exact pegwarmers as every other store in town.

The more I hunt for new SW toys, the more I think I need to go fly fishing. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
09-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Yeah, jediwolf. I saw those same 12" Lukes and that last speeder at the Orem TRU. I just had to pass because the prices are ridiculous.

Still looking for the Target accessory packs. Haven't seen them yet.

DahrJin
09-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Same here MC, haven't seen those Target packs either.

Hit the local hunting grounds last night only to find the same old warmers hanging.

It must be in the cards, that I shall never find a Vader Unleashed.....:(

I hope I don't have the same problems with finding the DooKu and Mace when they hit.

I hear rumors of people finding the new Unleashed at TRU mainly, so I'm thinking someone in each of my local TRU's are "Backdoor Buisnessmen" if you know what I'm sayin'. Why else would there be not even a Maul or Jango on the shelf?

I have yet to see any Unleashed at either store, and I know that Maul and Jango aren't selling that well......;)

Can someone please tell me why Brianstoys is trying to sell Maul and Jango Unleashed for over $30.00 each? Are they mental, or do people actually buy 'em for that price? :D

Mandalorian Candidat
09-04-2002, 02:59 PM
BTW, the Orem TRU has the latest waves of 12" stuff. Yesterday they still had at least one 12" Dooku left.

DahrJin
09-05-2002, 10:14 AM
anyone still seeing the Unleashed Vader in the SLC area?

I'm at the end of my rope here, and I believe it's time to ask for help from others. ;)

allenj456
09-06-2002, 12:07 PM
I picked up the Vader Unleashed about two weeks ago at the Sugarhouse TRU. There was only one other and I havent seen anymore since. (whew!)

DahrJin
09-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Lucky you!

I'll I've seen have been Mauls and Jango's galore.........

allenj456
09-06-2002, 06:50 PM
they also had a few Padmes and Anakins at that same store last week. The Sandy Wal Mart just got some cantina sets in-- seemed like they had 4-5 of each- I picked up a Greedo. Only Ponda left.

jediwolf
09-07-2002, 01:07 AM
:) Hello guys, I got my Gun ship's this week from WM.com. they are cool!. today the Target in Orem had some Acklay so the WM in AF.

DahrJin
09-09-2002, 09:41 AM
I do believe that NO TRUCKS ARE TRAVELING UP NORTH to deliver product to the stores. :D

It seems like everyone in the SLC area is finding new SW stuff and I haven't seen anything new in forever. :(

Maybe one day I'll get lucky and walk into a store and find everything I'm looking for all at once.........it's good to have a dream! ;)

allenj456
09-10-2002, 10:28 AM
I was at KB yesterday at South Towne mall a little while after they unpacked their new shipment..nothing really exciting - although they did have the Jedi Starfighter w/ Obi pack in. Almost got that- they also had a few of the Playskool sets. A few TA Ani's. Im sure the regular toy vultures picked apart any Mundi's, Mauls (not that I care) , and Teetmos (sp?), hours before they got to the shelves.

deanpaul
09-10-2002, 04:53 PM
allenj456,

Thanks for the KB tip. I was able to pick up a Playskool Naboo Fighter "for my two year old". ;) Still looking for the Falcon.

Hey my loose mail away Windu I bought on eBay arrived today - and he stinks! I mean really smells bad! Any idea of the best way to clean up a figure? P-U. Almost enough to leave a negative feedback. :) (Not really)

Deanpaul

jediwolf
09-10-2002, 06:23 PM
:) Hello guys, I got the playskool's set the X-wing and the Naboo at KB in Orem, at targe in Orem they Had the deluxe pack's

allenj456
09-11-2002, 11:14 AM
I almost got that Playskool Naboo set just for the Obi Wan figure- I'm glad it went to more deserving hands ;-) Still want to get one though-- Those figures just look too funny to pass up- cant wait to see what they come up for a Yoda!

jediwolf
09-13-2002, 01:28 AM
:) Hello guys, WM in Springville they got the Gunship, 3 of them in the WM in AF they got 1, so good lock

deanpaul
09-13-2002, 01:33 AM
What time were you there jediwolf?

jediwolf
09-13-2002, 01:50 AM
Hello Deanpaul, it was 11:00 pm do you want me to pick one for you

deanpaul
09-13-2002, 04:03 AM
You're awesome to offer jediwolf, but I already took care of it! ;)

After I saw your first post I phoned them to make sure they were still a 24 hour store. I hadn't heard back yet from you (figured you had logged off) to I decided to make a literal midnight toy run.

Well, 2 hours and 100 miles later I'm the proud owner of a gunship! Absolutely crazy, that was nuts. 2 remain on the shelf at the Springfield WalMart. I didn't make it to the American Fork one in time - they close at 12.

Thanks for the post and offer jediwolf. I really appreciate it and the way you've taken care of me in the past.

Note to self: find good psychiatrist first thing in the morning.

Goodnight,

Deanpaul

PS - Park City WalMart had 4-5 Greedos this morning. Is everyone who wants the Cantina sets set now? Or should we keep posting sightings?

PPS - I'm really serious about my stinky figure problem. It is a REAL problem. I've tried dish soap and soaking in liquid hand soap - both just made him smell like the "pretty" was masking the "nasty". I gotta call a shrink.

DahrJin
09-16-2002, 10:33 AM
Still nothing to report.

Anyone still seeing the Unleashed Vader anywhere?

jediwolf
09-16-2002, 04:55 PM
:) Hello guys, My wife got me today Jango Fett pilot and the Clone pilot she said she got them in SLC in a video game store, DahrJin I got an extra Maul, Anakin, Teetmo and Mundi if you still need them.

DahrJin
09-16-2002, 05:26 PM
jediwolf, I do need the Anakin and Maul, but I'm a little short on funds due to vehicle repairs in the $600 range. If you could hold them for maybe a month or so, or be willing to trade for some extra POTJ I have, that would be great.

Thanks

jediwolf
09-16-2002, 11:51 PM
:)I will hold them for you DahrJin

DahrJin
09-17-2002, 09:55 AM
Thanks jediwolf. If there's anything I can ever do to help you out......:D

Well the new Super Wallyworld will open Wednesday at 7 or 8 AM, can't remember what the gal said.

Well I went to the old store lastnight and every SW toy has been moved. Not a single figure, beast, vehcile or even sticker book was left on the shelf.

Now why would they move only the SW toys? There were plenty of every other kind of toy, even the new $12.00 MOTU figs were on the pegs, so why no SW? Can't figure that one out!:confused:

Well here's to the new store having the Unleashed Vader I've been waiting ever soooo calmly for. If not, I just might loose control.....:D

The other store (TARGET) across the street, had nothing new to speak of. I don't think they have ordered any new SW product in a long, long time. They have a butt load of Mace, Han and Mr. Phur, just hangin' around. Some 12" Clones and not much else.

Didn't get to TRU, but I might stop in there today.......:crazed:

Mandalorian Candidat
09-17-2002, 03:06 PM
Where's this new Super WM, DahrJin?

DahrJin
09-17-2002, 03:13 PM
Oh, Riverdale, sorry.

It's right across the street from the old one.

road
09-17-2002, 04:42 PM
Well i'll make the trip up but i don't know where the walmart is... have to find oout online i guess.... see you guys up there tomorrow

DahrJin
09-17-2002, 04:44 PM
Riverdale is between Layton and Ogden. If you take I-15 north, you'll hit the exit, just after Roy. Take the exit and keep going on Riverdale rd. It's about a mile or so down from the exit on the right hand side of the road. There are like 4 or 5 traffic lights before you get there. You can't miss the big new building right next to Sams Club, just past Target, Media Play and Home Depot.

The old store, on the left hand side of the road, will close as of tonight at 8 PM.

So don't try to go to that one.......... :p

road
09-17-2002, 05:46 PM
thanx DahrJin

road
09-18-2002, 11:12 AM
Just got back from the Riverdale Super Wal Mart grand opening...
I found

Unleashed
Darth Vader
Padme Amidala
Anakin

Gunships
Aklays

and a tons of the old figures

but not one new figure in the whole bunch....!!!!!
and i was the first one there so i know no one picked through them...

but i did find the only fig i was missing so the trip wasn't wasted from Provo... also the unleashed made it worth it...

deanpaul
09-18-2002, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the report Road.

Crap, you're as crazy as me. But you're living up to your name. ;)

I didn't make it to the Super WalMart this morning - really glad now after reading your post. I'm in Salt Lake and would have had to take a hard look at my life and my hobby walking out of a brand new Super WalMart an hour from home empty handed at 7:10 in the morning.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing everything we want as stores stock for the holidays. It's my own little Christmas wish.

Deanpaul

DahrJin
09-19-2002, 10:13 AM
Well, I had to work a bit late lastnight, and by the time I got home, I was way too tired and beat to go to the new Wallyworld. Darn J...O...B always seems to get in the way of my collecting.....:D

I will be going there tonight, with the hopes of finally owning an Unleashed Vader.

From road's report, looks like all the 3 3/4" figures are the same ol' warmers as before. D@MN!

Looks like I might have to start buying up warmers, for gifts to younger family members and myself, to try and help clear the way for new figures.

Like deanpaul said, Christmas season should see the stores fighting to stock all the new stuff....or at least that's my little happy thought right now......;)

Mandalorian Candidat
09-19-2002, 03:25 PM
Funny that you would mention taking a long hard look at the hobby, deanpaul. I've seriously been doing that lately and haven't been looking. By happenstance I've run into most of the stuff I'd been looking for, namely the new Darth Maul, Anakin, Teemto, KAM, the 3 cantina sets, and 2 of the 4 Target accessory packs.

Just when I thought I was almost out Hasbro keeps dragging me back in. :)

deanpaul
09-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Nice affirmation of my position MC.

I still really like (most of) the product. I'm selective about what I choose to buy, passing on many of the duplicate figures and cameo send ups. I enjoy playing with my daughter with them - but the hunt and lack of stuff has been a drag, the paranoia of "missing" something I want contrasts sharply with the opposite side - too much at once to justify the costs without buyers remorse (X-wing+Landspeeder+Gunship=$$$) and still feel stable about my kids upcoming college educations in 16 years!

I sometimes look at it as a "wild ride" that can only last for a certain period of time. Once the movies have run their course and interest begins to wane the line will shrink and eventually discontinue ala the 85 POTJ. I've just got to learn to pace myself by remaining selective and hold on for the ride while it lasts.

Thanks for letting me know you're there as well.

DahrJin
09-20-2002, 10:28 AM
The Super Wallyworld was a SUPER waste of my time. :frus:

They had no new Unleashed and no new 3 3/4" figures to speak of. They did have the new 12" DooKu, Super Battledroid and such but the boxes were so damaged that they wouldn't stand on end.

Looked like the employees were having themselves a game of "STOCKER HOCKEY" with 'em the night before. :eek:

Seeing how this was a new store, and I thought they might do anything to please the customer, I broke down and asked an employee if they had any Unleashed Vaders in the back. Hey, it's a new store, one can hope. Well, the lady I spoke with told me, "I don't know, the only one I've ever seen was the Gango", yes she said G.A.N.G - O.

She then calls over another guy, who I believe was the toy department manager since he was dressed nicer and wore no blue vest, and asks him if they have any of the "big" Darth Vaders in the back.

He then tells me, to my face mind you, "No, "I" had some of the Vaders yesterday, as well as the Yoda one too". YODA Unleashed, where does this guy get his stuff? I want to shop there as well. :D

Ok this was going nowhere, so I ask the guy when he expects to get more in, and he told me, "Oh, I never know when this stuff's coming in, they just send it to me when ever they want to."

WHAT?

Since when does the distribution center just send stuff without it being ordered? I thought the department manager would know his stock at least. Guess I was wrong.

And to top it all off, I wanted to get Monsters INC. on DVD for the low, low price of $12.56 but they were sold out, and the lady working the electronics counter had no idea when they would get more in. OH COME ON PEOPLE, get educated all ready. She then told me that I could go stand in line at the customer service counter to get a rain check for one if I wanted to.

OH H#LL NO!

I guess she forgot that there's another Wallyworld in Layton.

Sorry for the rant folks, but so far I'm not too impressed with this so called SUPER STORE, and I was really looking forward to getting the Unleashed Vader at last.

deanpaul
09-20-2002, 10:50 AM
DahrJin,

I recently had an “ask the helpful WalMart employee a reasonable question” experience myself. I will report only the data of my experience, and check my judgements and feelings of the situation at the door.

I was looking for the Gunship about two weeks ago, considering it had been found a lot around the country. While at the Layton WalMart, I saw the usual woman stocking another aisle over.

Me: Excuse me, have you seen any of the Star Wars Republic Gunship yet? Not the Lego one, the one for the figures...

Her: We sell out of those as soon as we get them. Like the same day.

Me: Wow, how long ago did you have them?

Her: I’ve never seen those come in – we haven’t had them yet.

Me: Huh? How do you sell out of them the same day when you’ve never had them yet?

Her: Uh, I mean, we don’t have any of those.

End of story, and like I said – I’m keeping my “don’t have anything nice to say” mouth closed regarding what I really thought and felt about trying to ask a simple question.

Anyone ever read the "store employee vs. collector" issues over in the MN thread on Rebelscum? Ouch. It was pretty ugly for a while.

Deanpaul

DahrJin
09-20-2002, 10:56 AM
I didn't mean to BASH the employees, I just think you should at least try and know what's going on in your line of work. So when people, Collectors or anyone else, asks you a simple question, you can at least answer it with some degree of knowledge......:D

The least they could have done was call back to the stock room to check, or maybe even go back and look, before spouting off jibberish.......

deanpaul
09-20-2002, 12:04 PM
Totally agree with you. I don't think your post reads as a bash - I put the disclaimer in my post because I'd really like to bash the unspoken parts of my exchange with this woman, and the history of the one other time I asked her a question - but that would be my personal loaded judgement, and I wanted the facts to speak for themselves.

We're on the same page. Not bashing WalMart in general - just asking for a little decent customer service and communication. I'd be alright if she just said "I don't know" - or if she started out by saying "I'm not familiar with that product"... But in contradicting herself she looks like she's just making stuff up.

That's my commentary - now back to looking for toys. Anyone see Padme Pilot or the Gunship Pilot lately?

Deanpaul

DahrJin
09-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Release the Hounds.....the hunt is on.......!

I'm wondering if the new figures are out anywhere here in Utah. Haven't heard about 'em from any source. Clone pilot seems to be the only NEW, meaning just released, figure I want.

Think I may hit both northern TRU's this evening, but it all depends on if I'm in the mood to be frustrated or not......

So road, how's the new Vader look displayed?

road
09-20-2002, 12:52 PM
:D
Man it is so cool!!! I only wish I would have bought the Padme and Anakin unleashed as well....
guess I'll get them later.... They actually look good unlike the Darth Maul and Jango which I didn't buy because I thought they both looked like crap....
But by far the Darth Unleashed looks awesome .....
If I see another one somewhere I'll pick it up for you....

I am still on the hunt for the new figs... I haven't seen maul, teemto, or any of the others still.....:(

Guess I'll find em sometime....

jediwolf
09-21-2002, 12:00 AM
:) Hello guys, today I got in the mail the DARTH VADER KOTOBUKIYA this is one awesome figure, I got to the Darth Vader unleashed and two endor rebel's the new ones.

Dahrjin thanks for looking out for me, I will get them when I see them. but thank you

count poodooku
09-21-2002, 09:51 PM
Geeeeez, after reading the last several posts, one must come to the conclusion that Wal-Mart employees are being trained by the Orem TRU staff. (Understand that the last time I decided to ask an Orem TRU employee about SW cases in the back occurred over a year ago. Things hopefully have changed). It truly is a sad day. :(

Anyone finding Teemto?

no_cool_name
09-22-2002, 12:12 AM
I haven't seen anything new for a long time. I am looking for teemto too. I don't think that American Fork gets anything from hasbro anymore. None of the stores around here have gotten anything new forever.

allenj456
09-22-2002, 02:13 PM
saw him yesterday at kmart in sugarhouse..well closer to foothill but you know the place.

DahrJin
09-23-2002, 09:47 AM
Still nothing new from up north.

TRU had the 12" Luke W/Taun Taun....sweet piece, but at $59.99, I'll try and hold out for a clearence price. Other than that, they had the same, if not OLDER, figures hangin'.

New Wallyworld's still got the same stuff, nothing new yet. I did notice that all of the 12 inchers were gone. I guess someone wanted 'em, crushed boxes and all.

I think I've given up on Target, until christmas season that is. They haven't stocked anything new, well anything since the Palpy wave, in a long time. They didn't even have any Jango or Maul Unleashed.

Anyone ever find the unleashed line at K Mart? I haven't been to one in a while and was wondering if it was worth my time.......maybe they might have a Vader for me to own. ;)

jediwolf, no problem. Helping others is part of what this hobby is all about. Wish I could have found the stuff you wanted. Maybe next time around.......

Mandalorian Candidat
09-23-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by count poodooku
Geeeeez, after reading the last several posts, one must come to the conclusion that Wal-Mart employees are being trained by the Orem TRU staff. (Understand that the last time I decided to ask an Orem TRU employee about SW cases in the back occurred over a year ago. Things hopefully have changed). It truly is a sad day. :(

Anyone finding Teemto?

Try the KB in the University Mall. That's where I found mine and the new Ani, DM, and KAM about a month ago.

DahrJin
09-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Nothing new to post.

Wallyworld isn't moving much SW product, with the exception of the new 12 inchers. :confused:

I think this wallyworld has more figures on the pegs, than both northern Targets have ever ordered put together.

They have an insane number of PEGWARMERS and other JUNK just hanging there. Nobody seems to be buying ANYTHING. Makes me fell like I'm the only collector left up north, and there's no way in hell I can afford to put a dent in that mass sea of pegwarmers. :frus:

Oh magical, mystical 8 Ball, will the new SUPER WALLYWORLD ever put their peg clogging SW figures on clearence?