PDA

View Full Version : Utah anyone?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

allenj456
09-24-2002, 10:29 AM
same story here- i was lucky to find Mundi and Teemto (saw Maul but could care less) I'm trying to find a pilot Padme now...i just ordered a Ep I Naboo fighter to pose her and Typho outside of- maybe make a little cinema scene with a couruscant background or something.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-24-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by DahrJin
Nothing new to post.

Wallyworld isn't moving much SW product, with the exception of the new 12 inchers. :confused:

I think this wallyworld has more figures on the pegs, than both northern Targets have ever ordered put together.

They have an insane number of PEGWARMERS and other JUNK just hanging there. Nobody seems to be buying ANYTHING. Makes me fell like I'm the only collector left up north, and there's no way in hell I can afford to put a dent in that mass sea of pegwarmers. :frus:

If you think your Super-Duper Wal-Mart is insane, you obviously haven't seen the amount of crap the one in Orem has. They have two huge pegboards full of pegwarmers. Nothing even decent, just crummy stuff from collection 2. Heck, even their POTJ stuff is still at $5.88 and we know those will never sell.

I'm even more amazed at the amount of stuff the Orem TRU has. There's that whole board right to the left of the entrance plus another bunch of pegwarmers in the boys' action figure section. I wouldn't doubt it if they had another pallet of the same collection in the stock room.

It's insanity I tells ya'. :crazed:

DahrJin
09-24-2002, 05:20 PM
Well I guess the good thing is this store has no POTJ to speak of. They must have trashed all the Landos and his pegwarmin' buddies when they moved.

swatter
09-25-2002, 01:41 PM
The Orem TRU has a ton of the 12inch Luke/Tauntaun set. The thing is huge and a little overwhelming.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-25-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by swatter
The Orem TRU has a ton of the 12inch Luke/Tauntaun set. The thing is huge and a little overwhelming.

When I think of that 12" Luke, I think of the Sandtrooper w/Dewback but with a slightly better price tag.

allenj456
09-26-2002, 06:05 PM
kb at south town mall told me they will get a "drop shipment" what ever that is on the 8th or so. Not sure what s in it or if we should even get our hopes up but there you go.

count poodooku
09-30-2002, 08:43 PM
Just found Sith Training Maul and Tatooine attack Anakin at the AF KMart. Guess I missed Teemto. sigh....Maybe next time.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-01-2002, 09:50 AM
Looks like the Orem Target got in another shipment of accessory packs. Unfortunately as of this AM they only had one Hoth set. But they do have one R2 robot.

DahrJin
10-02-2002, 09:03 AM
Still nothing new for me..........:(

I guess I'll wait for the christmas push, of new product, to try and find what I'm needin'.

no_cool_name
10-02-2002, 09:20 PM
I still haven't found anything new either.

I almost broke down and bought some figures on the internet, but I just couldn't bring myself to paying that much money for each figure. :(

allenj456
10-04-2002, 11:06 AM
found a few of the new Two Towers figs- absolutley amazing!

djedi982
10-07-2002, 12:45 PM
Where did you find the new LOTR figs?

Mandalorian Candidat
10-07-2002, 04:55 PM
Hey guys,

I found the Republic Gunship at the Orem TRU last Friday night. Didn't see any new figs, but who has with their zillion pegwarmers clogging everything up.

DahrJin
10-07-2002, 05:05 PM
I just heard from a friend who works for a TRU, not in Utah though, and he tells me that TRU's will be sending back their no sells to make room for the newer stuff in time for Christmas. Should happen the second half of OCT.

Another buddy found the Unleashed wave 3, DooKu and Mace, at a KB toys in the SLC area. He didn't tell me which one, just that it was KB toys. Damn, and I still haven't found the Vader Unleashed.

Keep you eyes open.....new stuff is showing up for a change! Hope I find some soon.......:crazed:

Other than that, not much else to post. :frus:

jediwolf
10-09-2002, 03:09 PM
:) Hello guys, I got today Mace and Dooku Unleashed at KB in Orem and the KB in Provo Have them to and I got the Arena set at K-mart in SF, the K-mart in AF they have 4 of them

allenj456
10-09-2002, 05:01 PM
i found the TT lotr figs at the Target on Redwood- near SLCC. I got the Gondorian Ranger, Faramir, and the easterling- all the single figs available. Legolas is supposed to be with that wave but he looks sooooooooo freaking awesome that no one can pass him up! They also have 3 of the 2 packs- with Merry and Grishnak (?) and Pippin with Ugluck (?) and then an Elven Archer with Bezerker Uhruk-hai (sp?) very cool stuff. They are much more gimick-less than the FOTR series- and those that do have buttons as such are mostly covered by cloaks and stuff.

jediwolf
10-10-2002, 12:42 PM
Hello guys, the Target in Sandy had the new AF they are cool, and they got the unleashed Maul and Jango and boba Fett for $7.98 each

Mandalorian Candidat
10-10-2002, 04:30 PM
I haven't been around the forums lately so I don't know if anyone's posted this yet. The Orem Target has the Unleashed line on clearance. I can't remember the exact price but they were somethink like $6.99 or $7.99. All they had were the DM and JF/BF statues.

Sorry, DahrJin. No Unleashed Vader yet. :(

DahrJin
10-10-2002, 04:34 PM
Yeah, no Vaders....and now there's rumors of Unleashed Wave 3, Mace and DooKu, being found around the valley.....poor poor me.

jediwolf
10-14-2002, 10:44 PM
:)Hello guys, Today I got the slave 1 for $14.84 at Suncost in the Mall in Orem , and they got the 12" Jango Fett for $20.00 and in good shape box 3 of them ,and stop at WM in AF and, Target, TRU, K-Mart, KB, WM in Orem nothing new.

jediwolf
10-15-2002, 03:39 PM
:) Hello guys, today I fund at K-Mart in AF, Maul SA, Anakin TA and Padme CA, and the 2 wave of the AF , the WM in AF had the 12" electronic Jango and Obi-Wan, the WM in Orem had 2republic gunship, that is all

deanpaul
10-15-2002, 03:45 PM
Hey Jediwolf - Great to see you around and finding stuff again.

Layton WM - nada
Layton Tru - 4 gunships
Layton Target - nada
Woods Cross KMart - 4 Arena sets (That sucka is HUGE! But I'm waiting for a sale)

Anyone finding the new deluxe?

Deanpaul

no_cool_name
10-15-2002, 11:10 PM
Thankyou so much Jediwolf. Now I have something new!!! I also found the deluxe yoda at the kmart in AF. I am starting to get lessed depressed now that I am finding a few new figures. I now have 1-44! Thanks again jediwolf.

count poodooku
10-18-2002, 01:28 PM
I found Teemto at Orem TRU. They also had clonetrooper pilots and Jango/Slave pilot, Sandpeople w/massif, Lott Dodd, Watto, MAul, Anakin, Padme, and some more Dooku's and Yoda. While there I met Jacob and Jediwolf. Bring on Ephant Mon!

DahrJin
10-18-2002, 01:34 PM
Great finds folks......:D

Hope my luck is as good tonight here up north...

TRU here I come..........and K Mart and KB toys and........

swatter
10-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Dahr Jin,

I found (this morning 17 Oct) one Unleashed Vader at the TRU by Valley Fair mall and I know that you have been looking forever for this guy so I picked him up for you. He is my car as I type. If you strike out at TRU later on today and still want him let me know and we can work out the details for getting him to you. I don't collect the unleashed but I must admit that this one is pretty cool.

-Swatter

DahrJin
10-18-2002, 02:48 PM
Thanks,

You have mail.

jediwolf
10-18-2002, 05:58 PM
:)Hello guys, Swatter have you seen Padme and Anakin Unleashed , Today TRU had all the new figures but no Ephant Mon, they had the new Anakin interactive lightsaber too.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-18-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by jediwolf
:)Hello guys, Swatter have you seen Padme and Anakin Unleashed , Today TRU had all the new figures but no Ephant Mon, they had the new Anakin interactive lightsaber too.

No Ephant Mon and no Clone Trooper Pilot. I was just at the Orem TRU and those two weren't anywhere to be seen. They also have many of the latest Ani, Maul, KAM, and Teemto waves, although they're almost out of Teemtos (or do you spell it Teemtoes? ;) )

deanpaul
10-18-2002, 11:06 PM
Jediwolf-

State Street TRU had several Padme and Anakin Unleashed Friday night at 8pm.

Missed out on Clone Trooper Pilots and Bikers today - but it wasn't because I wasn't trying. Ok - who bought ALL those bad boys? ;)

Deanpaul

jediwolf
10-19-2002, 12:09 AM
:) Hello guys, Thank you for the info DeanPaul I will be there in the morning, I hope they still got some

deanpaul
10-19-2002, 08:26 AM
They should still have them jediwolf. Look above the pegs inside the header container as well. I also saw them at the Valley Fair TRU (or whatever we're calling that one) out off of 215.

Good luck!

jediwolf
10-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Well I went this morning nothing they only had 2 Jango and Boba Fett and 1 Maul, if anyone see them, can you pick them for me? Thanks.
Oh they had some clone pilot,

DahrJin
10-21-2002, 09:33 AM
Swatter,

I'll be taking the Vader if you still have him.

I sent you a PM, but don't know if it went through.

If you don't see it sometime today let me know and I'll resend, or just email you concerning the Vader.

Thanks

swatter
10-21-2002, 12:18 PM
DJ,

I've got Mr. Vader ready for you. What's the best way to hook up. I work in Riverton about 134 South and Bangerter. Are you in the SLC area? We can hook up over at South Town mall or something like that. I have lunch from 12 - 1pm. So let me know what's best.

-Swatter

deanpaul
10-21-2002, 12:27 PM
Sugar House TRU has the figure bin assortment. Personally found two Clone Pilots on top of the heap, saw others swimming below the surface.

Any Clone Deluxe sightings over the weekend?

Deanpaul

swatter
10-21-2002, 12:28 PM
DJ,

Just got your PM and sent info back to you via PM.

-Swatter

DahrJin
10-21-2002, 01:40 PM
Just like to give a shout out to swatter for all his help....

Thanks for the Vader.........

Don't know what I'd do with out a little help from my friends.

I'd have one hell of an incomplete collection that's for sure.

DJ

DahrJin
10-21-2002, 01:44 PM
deanpual, no deluxe clones any where here up north this weekend.

I'll let ya know if I run across any.

deanpaul
10-21-2002, 01:56 PM
Thanks Dahr Jin.

Hey I was in your area Saturday night. Went to the Ogden Dinosaur Park - aka the Elizabeth Dee Shaw Stewart Dinosaur Museum and George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park - for their Halloween thing. I'm doing a project there and have to say it was really worth the trip. They went all out and my 2 1/2 year old had a blast. I really recommend it.

AND to return us to our scheduled thread:

Woods Cross KMart and the Fred Meyer in Ogden by the Stop and Shop and the two Asian restaurants were both busts on Saturday night - as was Sugar House TRU, but the TRU did have stuff this morning (but no unleashed Jediwolf)

Anyone hear from Metaljedi? I know he moved to Vegas but I've got these two FF figures he had me buy in August and he's not responding to my messages. Anyone know what is up?

Deanpaul

DahrJin
10-21-2002, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I have been to the dinosaur park, not in a long time though. I used to fish the river that runs through it all the time too. Hey, a river runs through it, a fishing pun on a SW board.

.......Stay on Target.......

Haven't heard from metaljedi in a while myself.

Talked(well typed) with him a couple times after he moved, but nothing lately.

Try Galactichunter.com, the new BHC fourms. I've heard his name a few times there.

Look in the "LOOK SIR TOYS" fourm under "Vegas sightings", or something like that...

Hope that helps you....

DJ

***EDIT TO ADD***

Just checked GH, and his posts in the look sir toys section have vanished. Don't know what's up there now......

I did find him at RS fourms.

He last posted in the "Look What I Found" fourm in under the topic," help need new toys in Las Vegas". His last post was four days ago. Maybe you can reach him through there deanpaul.

jediwolf
10-21-2002, 09:55 PM
:) Hello guys, go check you K-Mart's, today I got the new deluxe at the K-Mart in AF, the clone trooper is the best of the 3 .
Thanks for looking Deanpaul,

Capitan_Moroni
10-21-2002, 10:09 PM
The-WX-Kmart-is-always-a-bust........unless-your-looking-for-older-figures:rolleyes:

Anyways....I-havent-been-on-the-boards-lately-due-to-football.-(we-took-the-region-5-title-friday)-and-thats-taken-up-most-of-my-time.

BTW,-the-"-'s"-between-all-the-words-are-due-to-my-spilling-gatorade,-(well,-Kirkland-brand-sport-drink-to-be-proper)-all-over-my-keyboard,-so-my-space-bar-is-rather-sticky,-and-tends-not-to-work.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-22-2002, 10:39 AM
Hey everybody who's looking for the ET DVD,

Just got mine at the Orem WM this morning. They didn't have the price up yet, but they're going for $14.87, slightly less than the KMart advertised price. There's no mention of the 1982 version of the film being on the second disc on the packaging so I'm waiting to open mine until I get a confirmation that it's indeed included.

road
10-22-2002, 05:53 PM
Haven't been on the boards for a week because i just moved to Bountiful from Provo so there is another collector up north now...
I haven't had time to look for anything so i am still looking for a of the newer wave stuff....
Darth Maul and teemto and all those...

swatter
10-23-2002, 02:37 PM
On my lunch break today I decided to check out some of the stores that I hardly ever go to anymore, Shopko and Fred Meyers. I went to the ones on 90 South and around 2100 West. The Fred Meyer store had sales on the Republic Gunship and Arena Set. Normally priced at 39.99 they were reduced to 29.99. Anakin and Zam's speeders were priced at 8.99. They also had a ton of Dooku, Yoda, and HD Anakin (4.99) for those still looking for them. They were stocked fairly well for all the items mentioned.

Shopko also had a sale but they only had the usual left-overs. And their sale prices were the normal prices everywhere else. Shopko does have a good sale price for figs at 4.84. You could price match at other retailers.

Onto the usual suspects. K Mart has the Lott Dodd wave everywhere but the Clone Pilots are still hard to find. I did manage to score the Clone Trooper w/speeder bike. The Geo Warrior w/hive was also found in abundance but I think I will wait for a sale on that one.

Kay Bees had an interesting find. I saw a guy with the last Mace and Dooku Unleashed. I managed to get a good look at them and they looked as good as the Vader unleashed. Unfortunately, Kay Bees' price for the Unleashed are about three dollars more than TRU.

DahrJin
10-23-2002, 02:51 PM
Great finds swatter,

I've heard that TRU's are starting to get the DooKu and Mace as well, guess I better get to lookin'.....;)

deanpaul
10-23-2002, 03:08 PM
Swatter,

Which Kmart were you at, and did they have any Deluxe Clones left?

Deanpaul

swatter
10-23-2002, 03:29 PM
Deanpaul,

I went to two different K Marts. There is one in Sandy off of the VF factory outlet exit. It's east of the freeway about a mile and a half or so. They had the Geo warrior and flipping Anakin left . The other K Mart is off of 90th South and 2100 West. That is where I found the Clone Trooper w/Speeder bike. It was the last one.

I was at the K Mart in AF yesterday and they had the remains of the Clone Trooper w/Speeder bike wave. Only the flipping Anakin was left. I'll keep an eye out for them and post when I see them again.

Someone mentioned this in another thread, but does anyone know why the Clone Trooper w/Speeder bike has red eyes? It's a little freaky.

-Swatter

Mandalorian Candidat
10-23-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by swatter
Someone mentioned this in another thread, but does anyone know why the Clone Trooper w/Speeder bike has red eyes?

It's because he looked right into the flash as his picture was taken. :)

Capitan_Moroni
10-23-2002, 10:08 PM
Road-

Where-abouts-in-Bountiful-do-you-live?-I-live-there-too

road
10-24-2002, 11:35 AM
I live at 527 south 100 east...
it's a 4plex...
i like it so far bountiful is like 10 minutes from my job so it's nice...

Capitan_Moroni
10-24-2002, 05:13 PM
thats-cool-road.-Its-nice-to-have-another-collector-up-here!

Bountiful-really-isnt-a-hot-spot-for-figures-right-now-though.....but-good-luck-anyways!

road
10-24-2002, 05:48 PM
Yea i figured that but i am willing to drive however far i need to to get figs....
I was thinking I'll probably drive up to layton to wal mart and ... I'm not sure where the nearest tru is probably in sugarhouse .. right? anyway hopefully i'll find what i want soon...
I haven't been buying or looking because i needed money to move...
anyway good to see another collector in the hood...

deanpaul
10-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Road,

There is a TRU near the Target in Layton. Both are on the East side of I-15 North of the mall. Nice concentrated stop in Layton to hit all three... And at that point, you're halfway to Riverdale where you can start the whole triptic all over again with a WalMart, Target and TRU!

Good luck up there,

Deanpaul

road
10-25-2002, 10:50 AM
Thanx deanpaul.....
yep, thats how i am, I'm sure I'll hit both those locations...
Layton and Riverdale...
much appreciated...

DahrJin
10-25-2002, 11:13 AM
Well, road, if your looking for Tat Attack Anakin, Sith Training Maul, Lot Dodd, Tusken W/Masiff, Pilot Padme and Mundi then Layton TRU"S the place. Not much else. There were a few Wattos but the bubbles were all smashed in...so I left 'em alone.

Only Unleashed there was Jango!

Layton Wallyworld's over run with the usual warmers....palpy, Phur, Han and the likes, not much more.

Only had Jango and Maul Unleashed. Price was dropped from $14.99 to $12.99.

No Clone Pilots or Jango Pilots anywhere. :(

I didn't go in Target, haven't found anything at a Target for months, so I figured why bother.

I plan on hitting the Riverdale/Ogden stores this evening.....

....Have to go christmas shopping for the kid you know, so I'll kill two birds with one stone....:D

Mandalorian Candidat
10-25-2002, 03:45 PM
I found my Jango pilot at the Orem TRU, but believe me it isn't that great. It should end up a pegwarmer.

I also found the same thing with the Wattos. I found 7 w/smashed bubbles along the top and only 1 that was pretty decent.

I've seen the Mace, Ani, and Dooku Unleashed at KB. They just don't interest me, however.

DahrJin
10-25-2002, 04:44 PM
MC yes these bubbles were the same way. Only crushed along the top, but still crushed beyond repair.

Bad for carded collectors = Good for openers.

Me, I collect carded and have no intrest in a loose Watto or Dodd.

count poodooku
10-27-2002, 12:10 PM
AF KMart had Watto, TA Anakin, SA Maul, Lott Dodd, Tusken w/Massiff, CA Padme, and 1 Obi Wan Starfighter Pilot yesterday. Take in a receipt from TRU or Wal Mart for a price match. KMart is still charging $5.49. Oh, they also had the deluxe C-3po.

metaljedi
10-28-2002, 02:02 PM
I found one lonely Clone Trooper pilot at the TRU here in IF. So I decided to take it home with me. :) Now bring on Ephant Mon and Clean shaven Endor Rebel Soldier.

allenj456
10-29-2002, 10:41 AM
i picked up a few 2.99 figs at target the other day- dont know if anyone has really looked at this but on the endor trooper he has a really cool look if you take off the little jacket- has got this grey shirt with a bandlodier (sp?) around him- so after taking that off and a quick hair repaint i got a really different looking figure- something simple for first time customizers and you dont have to feel bad about messing up a fig u paid full price for!

swatter
10-29-2002, 02:55 PM
The Super Target on Fort union has a new batch of accessory sets. There were at least three of each set there at lunchtime today (29 Oct).

Mandalorian Candidat
10-31-2002, 12:43 PM
Ugh! The Orem Target just plain blows. All they've had all this week are just Mace Windus with an odd Orn Free Taa thrown in. Nothing worth getting at all!

jediwolf
10-31-2002, 05:24 PM
:) Hello guys, the Target in Orem have the Ask Yoda, six of them

ThomasLane
11-01-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Hey everybody who's looking for the ET DVD,

Just got mine at the Orem WM this morning. They didn't have the price up yet, but they're going for $14.87, slightly less than the KMart advertised price. There's no mention of the 1982 version of the film being on the second disc on the packaging so I'm waiting to open mine until I get a confirmation that it's indeed included.

Hey MC, disc 2 does indeed have the original movie.

Tom

jediwolf
11-02-2002, 12:30 PM
Hello guys, today I got the silver R2-D2 at TRU in Orem.

count poodooku
11-02-2002, 09:24 PM
I also got a silver R2 at the Orem TRU. They supposedly got in 128 of them. Quite a few! Do not use the KMart price match ($3 a fig there), because the girl told me I had to buy $20 worth of figures at the TRU price. Who knows???? Good luck if you can get them to honor it.

DahrJin
11-04-2002, 09:02 AM
My wife and daughter were deathly ill this weekend, a bit of the nasty flu going around, so I had to stay home and play nurse maid....:(

By the time I could sneak away and run to TRU, it was already closed for the day.

Anyone think TRU might still have some to give away?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-04-2002, 10:25 AM
They should still have some. I talked with an employee there (Orem store) on Friday on the availability of the R2s. He said they got in 4 cases of 32 (128) which should last for at least a week.

You guys who got them early must have lucked out because they weren't supposed to start handing them out until the 3rd.

DahrJin
11-05-2002, 09:48 AM
I was told Layton TRU still had some yesterday, so I sent my wife to check. She returned empty handed. She says she couldn't find a silver R2 anywhere, but she never asks anyone anything, so I think I may go check for myself.

Looks like I might have missed out on this one......:(

And there's no way I'm paying auction site prices for a so called "FREE" giveaway. :mad:

Mandalorian Candidat
11-05-2002, 10:19 AM
I got mine at the Orem TRU last night. I showed them the receipt from the 6 figures I bought resulting from their last shipment and they handed one over. There was a big box at the service desk with several in them so hopefully they'll be enough for everyone.

metaljedi
11-05-2002, 04:34 PM
Hey guys just thought Id let you know I found Ephant Mon up here at Kmart. Unfortunately the condition of it ws less that desirable so I left it. Sucks to be a crded collector.

swatter
11-06-2002, 09:45 AM
The TRU on State Street had unleashed Vader, Padme, and Anakin yesterday.

swatter
11-06-2002, 03:35 PM
Deluxe clone troopers at the Draper K-Mart. Clone pilots are there as well.

swatter
11-08-2002, 05:37 PM
It looks like k mart has marked down the deluxe figs to 7.99.

swatter
11-08-2002, 07:14 PM
i found the new lightsaber assortment at the AF Wal Mart. only the green and orange were left.

road
11-09-2002, 11:22 PM
one silver R2 left at Orem TRU

Capitan_Moroni
11-10-2002, 07:29 PM
There-is-a-whole-bin-of-silver-R2's-left-at-the-Layton-TRU,-I-also-found-TA-Anikan,-Tuskin-w/massif,-Watto,-Kiadimundi,-Jango-Pilot,-and-Sith-traning-Maul.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-11-2002, 10:27 PM
I was lucky enough to get two of the silver R2s. I turned in an older receipt (<30 days) and they gave me one and then I went back Friday and got another one. The cool thing was that I used the KMart ad for $3 figures and got 7 for $21 bucks.

Still looking for the clone pilot, deluxe trooper and Ephant Mon.

Hey Cap'n M. What's up with the dashes-between-all-the-words? ;) Is the space bar not working on your keyboard?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-12-2002, 10:47 AM
KMart doesn't seem to be stocking any more figures even though they've been advertising them like crazy for the past few weeks.

I got my EP2 DVD this AM at Orem WM. They didn't need the TRU ad for the $10 price; they just gave it automatically.

swatter
11-12-2002, 02:45 PM
Wal Mart in AF is selling the EPII DVD/VHS for 9.96. No price match needed.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-13-2002, 10:20 AM
Went to Target last night in Orem. They restocked the accessory packs so I picked up the Arena and Endor sets finally. There were several Hoth and a couple more Endors but no DS and no more Arena; mine was the last.

BTW, they don't price match there anymore.

jediwolf
11-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Hello guys, Target had the accessory packs today all 4 of them

DahrJin
11-14-2002, 08:59 AM
Riverdale Target had all four sets as well.

No good figures to pick from for the $2.99 price tag though. Unless you're looking to get an extra Mace or five. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Riverdale Target had all four sets as well.

No good figures to pick from for the $2.99 price tag though. Unless you're looking to get an extra Mace or five. :D

Ha, ha. Got the same thing going on as well in Orem. Why couldn't there be at least some army builders instead of Primal Scream Mace.

Everybody get their EP2 DVD yet?

metaljedi
11-15-2002, 04:08 PM
Well guys I finally found the Target packs. I thought for sure Id missed them. Other than that I saw the new generic electronic sabers minus the Mace one. And the new Vinyl figures minus the Vader one. They dont look that bad but for 13 bucks I passed.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-18-2002, 02:01 PM
I was going to post this earlier but didn't have the chance until now. I found the clone trooper pilot at TRU on Friday. There were two left so I grabbed them both. They don't look as good as the original CT and I don't think they have as much articulation but they are still neat to have.

I wonder if they got in any Ephant Mons. There were a few more TR w/Massifs, Wattos, KAMs, and other figures that are included in the EM case.

Still nada at Target or WM. I'm hoping something really great will come down the pike there the day after Thanksgiving.

DahrJin
11-22-2002, 11:20 AM
While at the Riverdale Super Wallyworld lastnight, Turkey Day shopping with the wife, I strolled through the toy department, can't help it. It's a habbit. :D

When I reached the SW section, I was surprized to see that there were almost NILL basic figures on the pegs. There were like 15 Palpy figs and not much more.

To my disapointment, 1/2 of the SW section has been given up to Harry Potter and a few misc. LOTR figures.

Anyone know what WM is up to, with letting almost all the figs be sold without restocking? Are they maybe trying to clear the warmers out to make way for new stuff in time for Christmas?

I sure hope so.

BTW- No sign of the new 10" vinyl figs either.

jediwolf
11-22-2002, 12:45 PM
the WM in AF have them all four of them DahrJin

DahrJin
11-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Cool, maybe this WM will have them soon.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-22-2002, 02:21 PM
Anyone know what WM is up to, with letting almost all the figs be sold without restocking? Are they maybe trying to clear the warmers out to make way for new stuff in time for Christmas?

I sure hope so.

BTW- No sign of the new 10" vinyl figs either.

I think this same thing happened last year with WM. They didn't have jack squat around Christmas except for tons of Ketwols and BSGs. I no longer have any hope for new stuff showing up around Christmas since it seems that Hasbro may be finally acknowledging that collectors are the main purchasers and consumers of SW figures.

count poodooku
11-22-2002, 03:04 PM
Orem TRU had Ephant Mon this morning. According to employees, they are out at the moment, but plan to get more in. Take that for what it is worth. I managed to find one that had been hidden, wish I could have scored more than one. I left behind 1 clone trooper pilot and 2 clean shaven Endor Troopers.

DahrJin
11-25-2002, 05:05 PM
Still nothing new in my neck of the woods.

Super Wallyworld is begining to be a super waster of time! :D

Target hasn't had anything at all worthy of a mention in months.

Have yet to get to Ogden TRU or KB toys, so maybe I might hit 'em this week if I get the time.

metaljedi
11-26-2002, 01:39 PM
You should try the WOTC store in Layton and see if they have any of that clearance going on.

Capitan_Moroni
11-26-2002, 04:15 PM
where-is-the-WOTC-store-in-Layton?

DahrJin
11-26-2002, 05:16 PM
CM, I believe it's a game keeper store in the Mall, but I'm not sure though.

Capitan_Moroni
11-26-2002, 09:42 PM
thanks-Dahrjin.
Centerville-target-had-one-each-of-Lott-Dod-and-shaven-scout-trooper,-wich-means-the-Ephant-Mon-has-been-there. Someday-I'll-find-him......someday....

Mandalorian Candidat
11-26-2002, 09:53 PM
Hey guys, don't forget to sign up at starwars.com to get your free mini Lego TIE Fighter.

Does anyone think that TRU will have the Ephant Mon wave on Friday?

jediwolf
11-27-2002, 12:14 AM
:) Hello guys, TRU have tons of the new Lightsabers and I thing so MC the guy in the video games said they are geting trucks every day for the Holidays

jediwolf
11-27-2002, 01:16 PM
Hello guys, I found 2 Ephant Mon at the WM in Orem they are in c-9+, MC the TRU in Orem put some last night they where gone today .

jediwolf
11-27-2002, 04:16 PM
Hello guys, the WM in Orem had the new action fleet the AT-AT and the snow speeder

Capitan_Moroni
11-27-2002, 08:13 PM
Game-Keeper-in-Crossroads-mall-has-the-same-sale-as-the-WOTC-stores,-I-dont-know-if-it-is-one-or-not-though.-I-picked-up-a-few-older-sage-figures-and-DS-escape-Han-there-today.

count poodooku
11-30-2002, 05:21 PM
I ordered a couple extra Ephant Mon from KBToys.com today. They were $4.99 a piece and shipping was reasonable. Has anyone ordered from them before? I would like to know if they package decently. Anyone find him at stores on Black Friday?

metaljedi
12-01-2002, 02:24 AM
I bought an Electronic Boba Fett from them a couple of years ago when he was 10 bucks. They ship pretty decently. However I have heard some collectors get badly damaged toys. It's probably a 50/50 thing.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-02-2002, 02:24 PM
I was at the Orem TRU on Friday when they opened and didn't see any Ephant Mons or Clone Pilots. They might have been all gone by the time I got to the display over in the boys' section because I had to get something else before they were all gone.

Man that was some pretty trippy shopping. I got there about 4:45 AM and waited forever in the cold. Then a bunch of skanky women tried to jump the line once the doors were opened and everybody went ballistic. I was lucky to be close to the door when they opened. I went back later that day to price match some older receipts and the line went all the way around the store. It took me 10 minutes to get the stuff, pay, and get the heck out.

I'm surprised they had Ephant Mon on Wed. I thought they got their shipments Thurs. and put them out on Fri. only. Oh well, they'll be plentiful soon enough. They look like big pegwarmers.

DahrJin
12-02-2002, 02:29 PM
Someone told me during the christmas season TRU get's trucks on a daily basis and they stock as needed. Could explain why the difference in finding an E-Mon on a Wed and not Fri.

Still under the wifes NO SW TOY HUNTING rule until the end of the month, so not much has been seen by me the past few weeks. :(

metaljedi
12-03-2002, 12:44 AM
It all depends on how big the store is usually. The one up here is a smaller store and they still only get one to two trucks a week.

DahrJin
12-03-2002, 08:39 AM
I was out getting christmas goodies last night at the local super wallyworld and as usual I stryed into the toy dept. To my surprize, I spotted a lone E-Mon so I had to have him, and the wife agreed for a change.

There were also Pilot Padmes, Jangos but no Clone Pilots...:(

I got a look at all of the 10" vinyls, and to tell the truth, I'm not too impressed. Not much there for the price. I feel better paying $15 for unleashed compared to the $13 for these.

Then again, I will have to have the Vader eventually....:crazed:

deanpaul
12-03-2002, 11:51 PM
Suncoast at University Mall in Orem had several of all preview figures this afternoon, including 4 Clone Troopers.

However, they are not cheap. 7 or 8ish bones each.

Deanpaul

metaljedi
12-04-2002, 11:09 PM
Has anyone noticed that Tycho's little rant about "You must put where you are and what you found in this forum instead of reporting it in your area thread" disappeared? Did anyone pay attention to it?

jediwolf
12-05-2002, 01:20 AM
:) Hello guys, I got the new 12" figures today at TRU in Orem.
and they got LOTR TT all of them 12", deluxe and 6",

DahrJin
12-05-2002, 09:02 AM
metaljedi, I seem to remember something about that.

Why do you ask?

Are we breaking TYCHO'S unofficial rule or something?

As for finding anything new, NO, haven't seen anything since I scored E-Mon.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-05-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by deanpaul
Suncoast at University Mall in Orem had several of all preview figures this afternoon, including 4 Clone Troopers.

However, they are not cheap. 7 or 8ish bones each.

Deanpaul

Thanks for the reminder about Suncoast, DP. I went there about a month ago and found a Slave 1 for around $20 they had on clearance. I went back yesterday after reading your post and they still had it, but now for $13.50. My son will really enjoy it on XMas morning. :)

I also saw the TTT figures at TRU and KB. What a bunch of funny looking crap! Aragorn looks like he's drunk and you can't understand what electronic Sauron is saying.

Anyone get their movie tix yet for TTT? They're on sale at the Provo Cinemark.

metaljedi
12-05-2002, 06:53 PM
DahrJin,

No I just thought of it the other day. I think it was just a way to bully us around anyway.

I havent seen Ephant anywhere. :( Maybe I'll see him in Feburary when the new Super Walmart opens.

count poodooku
12-05-2002, 07:28 PM
I received Ephant Mon from Kbtoys.com. The majority of them were beat to hell. Anyone need an opener? Definitely a learning experience. A word of caution: do not order figures for friends, because the very next day they will find what you ordered. Nothing new around here (AF).

Mandalorian Candidat
12-08-2002, 10:10 PM
Still haven't found Ephant Mon, but got two Clone Pilots at the Cedar City WM this weekend.

count poodooku
12-10-2002, 01:27 PM
My brother found the holiday C3po and R2 at the AF Wal-Mart. They cost around $13.

jediwolf
12-12-2002, 09:24 PM
:) Hello guys, I got the new figures Yoda and Destroyer droid last monday at TRU in Orem and WM in AF and Orem and springville had the holiday set's,

count poodooku
12-13-2002, 03:01 PM
I found Destroyer Droid at KB at University Mall ($4.99). Someone had taken all the Yodas. AF Wal Mart had the 12" Zuckuss, Imperial Officer, and Dengar. KMart has figures at 25% off, making reg figs $4.11 and deluxe figs $8.24.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-15-2002, 09:35 PM
I managed to grab a Yoda and a new Droideka at the Orem TRU Friday afternoon. There were tons of Droidekas and Cloneys but only one other Yoda. No Ephant Mons yet.

Capitan_Moroni
12-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Centerville Target just restocked all of the acceosry sets

no_cool_name
12-16-2002, 08:30 PM
I found a single Ephant Mon at AF K-Mart on Saturday. I only paid $4.11 for him! i also found the destroyer droid at TRU, but there were no Yoda's.:cry: So for now, Yoda is all I need.

jediwolf
12-18-2002, 10:25 AM
:) Today I got the Trash compactor set's at WM in Orem, so I got every thing from the saga from this year :)

Mandalorian Candidat
12-20-2002, 08:15 PM
Stopped off at TRU this morning (on the way to see TTT :) ) and found the DV Unleashed. There were only two, but there were a ton of new Yodas, Troopers, and Droidekas. No Ephant Mon yet.

Capitan_Moroni
12-30-2002, 12:59 PM
This is just sad guys...were nearly off the main page....
Absolutly nothing here in Bountiful worth mentioning. Road, are you finding anything up here :confused: :confused:

DahrJin
12-30-2002, 01:21 PM
Nothing new here up north either.

Riverdale Super Wal Mart has almost nothing in the way of SW at all. A few 12 inchers and a figure here and there, but most of the SW section is now under the control of Power Rangers. :confused:

Target has the usual nada as well as shopko, TRU and KB toys.

I did find a DooKu Unleashed at KB, but the package looked like it had been through the clone wars itself, and the figure was beat up. Like it was loose at one time and knocked around before being put back and taped in the package.

Hope things start to look up soon......:o

DahrJin
01-03-2003, 08:56 AM
Where is everyone?

Just about every Utah topic on any board is vacant these days, so what's the deal?

Everyone just up and retire from collecting all together?

Mandalorian Candidat
01-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Where is everyone?

Just about every Utah topic on any board is vacant these days, so what's the deal?

Everyone just up and retire from collecting all together?

No, it's just when there's jack friggin squat to be found then no one gets on the boards, that's all. :)

jediwolf
01-03-2003, 11:17 PM
:) Hello guys, today I got the lego slave 1 for $19.99 and the lego Anakin and Zam's speeder's for $12.99 at Target in Sandy, nothing new, the last thing I fund 3 weeks ago was the trash comp. set's

no_cool_name
01-04-2003, 12:28 AM
At least you found the trash compactor setd. i am still looking for those. i haven't seen anything new in ages!:(

Capitan_Moroni
01-05-2003, 06:43 PM
Do any of you have POTJ figures still at retail in your area? I'm looking for K-3PO and R2-Q5 (I know I know, good luck with that last one :rolleyes: )

no_cool_name
01-05-2003, 07:18 PM
Nope, sorry. I am also trying to get more POTJ figures. I only bought 4 of them while they were new. Now I have about 17, but I would like more.

DahrJin
01-06-2003, 09:32 AM
CM, I have an extra R2-Q5 hangin' around. If you'd like it, let me know what you might have to trade for it.

You can email me, PM me or just post a little something here.

LMK if you're intrested....

DJ

swatter
01-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Wal Mart in AF must have found an old case of POTJ in the back over the Chistmas break. They had the dirty scout trooper wave on the pegs. I tried to scan it but the scanner no longer had them registered. I am not sure how much they were selling them for but it was weird to see them on the pegs.

Capitan_Moroni
01-06-2003, 05:11 PM
DahrJin, what might you be looking for?
Swatter, do you remember what else was in that wave?

DahrJin
01-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Not real sure.

I could use a clone pilot if you got an extra.

Let me know what ya got for trade and we'll go from there.

DahrJin
01-07-2003, 09:26 AM
I'd also trade for a silver R2 if you have an extra or can get one.

swatter
01-07-2003, 11:30 AM
CP,

The ones that were left were, DM sith training, Han Solo Bespin capture, BD with blue lightning, and the dirty Scout Tropper. I can't remember who else actually shipped in that assortment. Hope this helps.

road
01-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Nope I haven't found anything in bountiful....
haven't looked much though...
Had to have money for my christmas vacation....

Found the Trash compactor sets on vacation and picked them up...
anyway...

I'm on the hunt for stuff...

Capitan_Moroni
01-08-2003, 07:08 PM
Good Luck Road......K-mart had a total of 1 figure last time I went (GR Mace), ShopKo has the same old same stuff, Fred Meyer also has the same old same old, and Target has Watto wave...

Mandalorian Candidat
01-09-2003, 10:08 PM
I don't know about anywhere else, but the Orem WM has absolutely no Saga figures left. All they have are tons of Cantina sets and Nexus.

The good news is that the Hoth accessory sets at Target are plentiful. Yes...very plentiful...

jediwolf
01-10-2003, 01:18 AM
:) Hello guys, today the K-mart in AF had TWO Ephant Monn and the rest of the wave,

DahrJin
01-10-2003, 08:39 AM
Hmmm.....Looks like I may have to stop by K-Mart again. Seeing how wallyworld and Target haven't had squat in weeks.

Anyone finding anything at TRU or KB?

They are the last two stops on my usual run, but lately I get so PO'ed after hitting WM and Target I just go home and watch TV. :frus:

swatter
01-10-2003, 01:59 PM
Jediwolf, thanks for the heads up on Ephant Mon at the AF K Mart. I was able to pick one up at lunchtime today. There is still one left for anyone still looking in Utah County. Has anyone seen the trash compactor sets anywhere else besides the Orem Wal Mart?

DahrJin
01-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Nope!

Haven't seen them yet. I keep looking, but either I miss 'em each time, or they haven't been put out yet due to WM's redo of their toy dept.

B******s!!!!!!!

jediwolf
01-13-2003, 10:51 PM
:) Hello guys, today the WM in Orem had the Trash Comp. set's $16.98, and the 12" they had them for $15.00 but in The WM in AF they had the 12" for $19.98

ThomasLane
01-13-2003, 11:59 PM
Did they have very many of the Trash sets?

Tom

ThomasLane
01-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Never mind. I went this morning (Orem Wal-Mart) and they were already cleaned out except for one Han/Luke set. Unfortunately it was pretty beat up, but even worse, some jerk had stolen the Luke and swapped in a POTF Luke trooper in its place.

Tom

jediwolf
01-16-2003, 12:01 AM
:) Hello guys, TRS.com have Ephant Mon NOW for $6.99

jediwolf
01-16-2003, 12:14 AM
:crazed: I meant TRU.com

jediwolf
01-17-2003, 12:13 AM
:) Hello guys the WM's in Sandy and West Jordan had the Trash set's today

metaljedi
01-17-2003, 04:17 AM
Finally got my Electronic Mace Windu lightsaber. Now bring on the Yoda one.

ThomasLane
01-20-2003, 10:58 AM
Saturday, Springville: I found the trash sets and the latest deluxe figs (flipping Ani, speeder Clone, Geonosion with large pile'o'poop). Finally. Now I can give toy hunting a rest for a while.

Tom

DahrJin
01-28-2003, 08:49 AM
Riverdale Wallyworld had 9-12 Tie Bombers as of last night.

Nothing but the newer deluxe flippin' Anakin and the bug dude.

What a frickin' waste of plastic are these?

DahrJin
02-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Where is everyone?????

I thought I was the busy one, not stopping by for such a long time.

Did everyone jump ship, and forget to let me in on it?? :D

jediwolf
02-04-2003, 04:25 PM
:) Hello guys, today I got the new 12" leia with carb. han at TRU in Orem and they had the new12" wave too, and the WM in Springville had 8 Tie Bomber's $28.87 and AF had 2 Tie Bomber's $28.87

no_cool_name
02-08-2003, 04:33 PM
i am still looking, but finding NOTHING.:cry: I am really sick of my local Walmart.:frus: Well, thats it for me.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-08-2003, 09:48 PM
I KNOW! I went to the Orem wm Thursday and found only one regular figure. What's up with that?! This is really nuts.

no_cool_name
02-08-2003, 10:11 PM
The AF Walmart has about 10 Padme Pilots and that is it! The other day I did find something new there. It was the chewie and princess tc set. I got home and found out that it was missing the diagna piece.:mad: :mad: Unfortunately, it was the only one there.:mad:

DahrJin
02-10-2003, 08:41 AM
Riverdale Wal Mart had the remains of the newer wave.

2 Tyranus and a clone pilot was all.

The CP was pretty beat up, package wise, so I left it there.

road
02-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Still on the hunt for Ephant Mon and Ki Adi Mundi.... I think those are the only two I'm missing ... anyone seen these recently?

Capitan_Moroni
02-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Road, check the WX K-mart, theyve had Kiadi Mundi for the past 3 weeks or so. I was just there a half hour ago and they still had it

jediwolf
02-11-2003, 04:35 PM
:) Hello guys, I just got my shuttle's today,

count poodooku
02-13-2003, 08:40 AM
AF KMart had an Ephant Mon last night.

DahrJin
02-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Nothing new to be found, and nothing new going on in here either.

What's a guy to do to pacify his SW addiction.....:crazed:

Mandalorian Candidat
02-26-2003, 03:30 PM
ooooh, DahrJin. You have post #666. I wonder what you win. ;)

DahrJin
02-26-2003, 03:45 PM
That, is strange.

First off, the last numbers in my gross income on my W2 was 666, and now this.

Guess I must be in for something....a prize would be nice, but me thinks I'll be going straight to hell in a handbasket, but at least I'll enjoy the ride. :D

DahrJin
02-27-2003, 09:51 AM
If anyone's intrested,

Riverdale WM had the following in the clearence section:

Saga Tie Bombers marked down, only slightly, from $29.00 to $25.00. There were like 12-15 in the clearence section last night.

Saga 12", Imp. Officers, Zams and bounty hunters marked at $17.00.

Strange thing I noticed, there were no NEW figures, but there were older figures on the pegs. DooKu with little Sidious, Anakin HD, Royal Gaurd and Pilot Jango. Are these being repacked, or is WM cleaning their stock room? :confused:

Come on already WM, put out the newer figures and clearence this older stuff. :frus:

swatter
02-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Found some new figs at the Ft. Union Target today at lunch, Padme Chase, Tant IV Defender dark hair variant, and the new Tusken Raider. I haven't seen anything new in Utah County for awhile. TRU in Orem has been dissappointing for the last couple of weeks. Anyone else having better luck?

Mandalorian Candidat
03-01-2003, 02:14 PM
My luck has been horrible. I haven't found anything new for 2003 or even Ephant Mon. Of course I haven't been looking that hard because at this time of year retailers are notorious for being slow to stock new stuff.

jediwolf
03-02-2003, 12:34 AM
:)Hello guys, WM in Orem had the new figs friday

ThomasLane
03-03-2003, 12:50 PM
The only new figure they had left Saturday was a Padme (which I bought). Nice figure too, but it's a good thing it came with a stand. Mine can't stand up on its own.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-13-2003, 11:26 AM
I tried posting earlier this week but for some reason couldn't get through.

I found some of the newer figures at the Orem WM last Friday. I got the new Padme, the droid 2-pack, Aayla, Barriss, and Lama Su. They also had the rehashed Rebel Trooper. Yawn.

Still waiting on Ephant Mon to make his appearance.

DahrJin
03-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Still waiting on Ephant Mon to make his appearance.

Unless he's being repacked in the future, you might be waiting a long time.

I know a guy who used to post here, but has moved on, who has an E Mon to trade, his screen name is Forhekset, and you might find his email addy here.

Just thought he might be able to hook you up. Good luck!

John

Jedgar Sith Lord
03-21-2003, 04:28 AM
I haven't found much of anything in the last month. I have ephant mon, only because I bought him off of ebay, I got tired of looking for him.

DahrJin
03-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Well, I've been hitting the usual Ogden/Riverdale spots on a regular basis to no avail. Nothing at all new or exciting to be had.

So, today I think to myself, Layton can't be as bad.....Yeah right !

Nothing at all. Walked away empty handed yet again.

Wallyworld had not a single basic figure. :confused:
What is the deal there?

Guess it's time to start picking things up online, and through fellow collectors. :rolleyes:

DahrJin
03-26-2003, 11:55 AM
Same ol' same ol' around here.

Also, I'm looking to pick up some older Unleashed, either carded or loose/complete. Card condition isn't a factor since these babies were made to be opened and displayed.

If anyone has any extras, or can find these somewhere, LMK.

I'm in need of:

Mace
Leia
DooKu

Thanks folks......

count poodooku
03-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Hey MC. Are you still in need of an Ephant Mon? I found one at the AF Wal-Mart this morning and hid it. The card was not mint, but if you want him email me and I will tell you where it is. Addamsclan@aol.com

count poodooku
03-31-2003, 08:36 PM
I have received several emails for the Ephant Mon, so I will post his location and the first person there gets him. Walk up two aisles to the Lego/model kit area. Look behind the Datson 240z or 280z model. They are on two different shelves, he is behind the uppermost one. Good luck!

DahrJin
04-01-2003, 08:31 AM
Harrisville WM had the newer Padme DFC, RH Tusken, Imp Officer and Reb Trooper. Sunday night.

Every place and anyplace else had diddly squat. :mad:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-02-2003, 11:13 AM
I tried sending you a PM, poodooku about the ephant mon but it looks like it didn't go through. I was really interested in getting it; just wanted you to know I wasn't shining you on or anything.

Has anybody picked it up yet?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Went by the Orem WM this AM and found a bunch of figures...

...all old C2 stuff from last year. Are they repacking older stuff with new figures?

DahrJin
04-11-2003, 12:10 PM
No repacks that I'm aware of yet. Just seems like all stores have an abundance of older stuff that's keeping 'em from getting the new stuff....

By the way, any one going to the Ogden Toy Show this weekend?

I'll be there. Might be the only place to score some newer stuff, since we live in SW droughts-ville here in UT.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2003, 03:46 PM
By the way, any one going to the Ogden Toy Show this weekend?

I'll be there. Might be the only place to score some newer stuff, since we live in SW droughts-ville here in UT.

What's up with this toy show, DJ? Is it like a swap meet or are there exhibitors like Hasbro?

DahrJin
04-11-2003, 03:52 PM
What's up with this toy show, DJ? Is it like a swap meet or are there exhibitors like Hasbro?

It's more or less dealers and local toy people selling all sorts of goodies. Everything, including SW.

Not like a flea market, but not quite like a Hasbro thing. :crazed:

It runs both Saturday and Sunday from like 8-9 AM until the evening at the Weber County Fair Grounds in Harrisville/North Ogden.

Members of the local 501st Stormtrooper Garrison will also be there for our viewing and picture taking pleasure.

Capitan_Moroni
04-13-2003, 11:56 AM
KU-HA! I found my password!!!!

Bountiful hasent had junk lately....newest thing I found is that re-released Yoda, at K-mart.

DahrJin
04-15-2003, 11:25 AM
The toy show was great. Got some good deals, it's good to know people, and the 501st guys were excellent.

Down side to the deal was all the so called "collectors" selling newer Saga figures for $25-$30 each. Sad part about it was people were actually buying them.

I only picked up a few things myself. An Unleashed Leia, a final jedi duel cinema scene and a Hallmark Vader tree ornament. My daughter bought more than I did.

Not much else there I wanted. No Unleashed really, and there was no way I was going to pay $30 for a recently released figure.

If you ever get the chance to go, I suggest you do. It was great to see all the SW stuff and to find some older stuff here and there.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2003, 11:51 AM
I've visited Target to check out their 2/$5 figure sale....Needless to say if you only need Djas Puhr or Orn Free Taa you're in luck. Not much else.

DahrJin
04-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Same here up north.

My 2 local Targets might have a total of 8 Saga figures between them, and they're figures everyone has, or doesn't want.

Capitan_Moroni
04-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Layton Walmart had a few Tie-bombers if you are still looking for those....other than that not much.

ThomasLane
04-17-2003, 06:40 PM
I stopped by KB at Provo Town Center this afternoon. They have a few of the Playskool XWing and Naboo Fighter sets if anyone is still looking for them. They took 20% off at the register, though I didn't see any signs advertising a sale. I guess it's a 'secret' promotion.

For you Lord of the Rings fans, they also had several Gollum figures.

Shopko has several of the 9" Vader w/ removable mask and Bikini-Leia, but at $18.49 each, I think they will have them for a very long time.

DahrJin
04-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Still, sad to report, nothing new up north.

Riverdale WM had not a single basic figure hanging last night.

And me, all stoked to get a Jango Pilot and Clone Pilot with the ad match from Targets sale.

ThomasLane
04-23-2003, 04:55 PM
I went to the Provo Town Center again yesterday and they had all the Playskool sets, minus the Millenium Falcon, and they were taking 20% off at the register. They also have a sign for 50% off "select" Star Wars toys (not sure what toys, but I assume Hasbro stuff).

Off-topic: Anyone around here collect LOTR figures? I've got a spare Galadriel for trade. I'm looking for an Elrond if anyone is interested in a trade.

Tom

DahrJin
04-24-2003, 08:51 AM
Still nothing here up North. :(

Mandalorian Candidat
04-28-2003, 11:01 AM
I have yet to find any new figures in Utah County. I was in Manti on Saturday and stopped off at the WalMart in Ephraim. If you need Plo Koon or any of the three Jango Fetts you're in luck. Not much else though.

The Orem Target got in some more Lego minisets so if you need any of the four they have them all.

DahrJin
04-28-2003, 12:05 PM
Still looking, and finding nothing at all......

Mandalorian Candidat
04-29-2003, 02:44 PM
Was this drought as bad as it was the last non-movie year? It seems to be really bad this year. I've only found four or five of the 2003 figures and still haven't run across Ephant Mon.

BTW, if anyone needs a Bespin Duel Luke or DV they have a few at the Orem Target.

DahrJin
04-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Was this drought as bad as it was the last non-movie year?

Yes and no.

At least back then we had TRU clearencing everything for $2.00 a fig.

EDIT 4/30/03:

Went to both Riverdale Target and Wallyworld Lastnight and this is what they were offering:

Wal*Mart:

One single basic figure hangin', a Destroyer Droid.
Catina sets wave one.

Target:

Not a single basic figure anywhere in the store.
Accessory sets out the wazzoo.

Was all stoked to hit all the regular shops due to recent news of people finding newer stuff. But after the serious lack of anything at the first two stops, I decided to go home and watch "24".

Mandalorian Candidat
05-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Did anyone else hit the jackpot yesterday? My wife went by the Orem WM and found the following:

Boba Fett-Carkoon
R2-D2-Factory
Han-Hoth
Chewie-Mynock
Mace-Arena (or whatever the new one is)
Ani-Secret Ceremony
OB1-Acklay Battle
and one more that I can't remember

There were still a couple Bobas, R2s, Hans, Chewies, and one Mace left yesterday night. Just curious if they hit Utah County only or anyone up north got to share in the wealth.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :crazed:

DahrJin
05-06-2003, 02:27 PM
No, no wealth sharing here up north.

Riverdale WM did put figs on their empty pegs, but they were older Saga figs. Taun We, Royal Gaurd and Lott Dodd is all. :(

Good to hear of your score though. Maybe my luck will change soon....

Capitan_Moroni
05-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Wow! great to see sombody actually found somthing for once! :D

I havent seen anything up here in Bountiful as of late....but I havent been out to Target for awhile, so who knows about there..
But its not like I really have the money for new stuff right now anyways, but hey thats what prom will do to ya.:stupid: :Pirate: :cry:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-07-2003, 12:55 AM
It's a funny thing. I should be totally happy about getting all the new stuff, but part of me wishes I could have found the new Tyrannus and Tusken Raider.

If anyone wants, I can stop by and see if they have anything left and get whatever for y'all. LMK

DahrJin
05-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Well I finally saw a new Saga figure. Went to KB lastnight, to get a gift card to purchase the Riddel Mini Vader Helmet online...:D , and there was a single Saga Imp. Officer. The one with brown hair.

Not real new, but I've never seen it before.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-07-2003, 10:11 AM
All the new stuff at the Orem WM was gone this morning, but I did find a new Mace and OB1 at the Springville store. I picked them both up so if anyone wants one or both please let me know ASAP.

BTW, they also had a lone Saga TIE Bomber.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2003, 09:21 AM
Does anyone know where I could score some figure stands? I've been looking around but haven't been able to find any.

DahrJin
05-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Only place I've ever found figure stands as well as carded figure cases was online.

Try here if you want to go through an online dealer. I've heard good things about them from other collectors.

http://www.wholesalecases.com/star-wars-supplies.html (Display needs)

If anyone does indeed know of a local place to pick up star case type cases and loose figure stands, please do tell.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2003, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the reply, DJ. I checked out the site (the link is bad, BTW) and they want $6 just to ship a handful. I'd be willing to pay for the stands if they didn't rip you off on "handling" charges.

DahrJin
05-09-2003, 01:31 PM
Hmmmm...link worked for me.

yeah, I've never bought through them, but have heard good things. Didn't know shipping was so drastic though, sorry.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2003, 03:21 PM
The link as it's written in the post is correct, but when click on it I go to http://display needs/ and that gives some IE error message.

There are a few gaming stores in the area that I'll check out. If I can find anything I'll let you know.

DahrJin
05-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Still waiting, with crossed fingers, for anything new to start showing up.

BTW, MC did you ever find a local shop that sells cases and loose figure stands?

Mandalorian Candidat
05-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Still waiting, with crossed fingers, for anything new to start showing up.

BTW, MC did you ever find a local shop that sells cases and loose figure stands?

I've looked at a few stores, but they were gaming stores. Thus, they didn't have any stands for figures other than those tiny warcraft figures. I don't know of any major league comics/collectors stores in Utah county so I'm kind of at a standstill.

If I manage to find anything I'll post it in the thread.

DahrJin
05-14-2003, 08:54 AM
Thanks MC!

I'm in need of some star case type cases and don't need 100 or more so I would get no benifit from ordering online. I tried a few comic and card shops here up north, but they don't carry any "on hand" but will order them for you if you want. Might be the way to go if the price is right and you don't have to order 100 or more.

swatter
05-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Found the deluxe walking spider at the Target in Sandy. Over at Wal Mart in Sandy they had one flying r2 left. It actually looked a lot better in person then in the pics. I left it hanging. K Mart in AF had the new Dooku and Arena Obi Wan. I left them both hanging on the pegs. New stuff is finally showing up but not the new stuff that I am looking for.

DahrJin
05-20-2003, 04:02 PM
My wife found the Hoth Han and Boba Fett at Riverdale Target this weekend while I was sick.

She said there were no Anakin SC but a few Chewie Mynock Hunt left as well as one more Boba and Han.

Good to see Target, of all places, getting new stuff for a change.

Now if only WM and TRU would get some in.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Got a question for my Utah bros...

Anyone else's Target totally devoid of figures? The one in Orem is down to 0 figures, 0 deluxe figures, and about 1000 Hoth accessory sets. Very, very odd...

On the plus side they had a ton of Sith Rising booster packs for $0.37 each. I managed to clean up on that one.

DJ, haven't found any local stand or case suppliers but there is one store in Provo I have yet to check on. I'll let you know.

DahrJin
05-23-2003, 10:07 AM
MC,

My local Target had the newer waves this past weekend, but when I was there lastnight, all was gone.

WM had 3 or 4 Lott Dod figures is all.

'll be waiting to hear from you on the stands/cases adventures.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2003, 06:16 PM
MC,

My local Target had the newer waves this past weekend, but when I was there lastnight, all was gone.

WM had 3 or 4 Lott Dod figures is all.

'll be waiting to hear from you on the stands/cases adventures.

From one of your earlier posts I assume you're talking about the Riverdale Target. Sounds like your wife found pretty much the same stuff my wife did. She didn't see the Dooku or the Tusken Raider, but pretty much everything else (at WM though, not Target).

Mandalorian Candidat
05-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Looks like the Orem Target got restocked with regular figures sometime this holiday weekend. I'd been scoping out the store daily since they pulled all the old stock but didn't stop by Sat. or Mon. at all. I went by yesterday and found a lone 2003 Padme on the pegs. Hopefully they'll restock soon.

DahrJin
05-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Hopefully they'll restock soon.

That's a little pipe dream I've mine as well. :D

Since getting the Fett and Han, Target has run dry with no basic figures on the pegs, yet again.

Hope I have better luck finding the upcomming Vader, Luke and Emperor TRD figures, than I have had so far this year. :mad:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-29-2003, 12:50 AM
Hope I have better luck finding the upcomming Vader, Luke and Emperor TRD figures, than I have had so far this year. :mad:

I believe those are slated to comeout in a few months so hopefully the distribution will pick up by then.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2003, 12:29 AM
Has anyone else found the Imperial 4-pack at their TRU lately? They had 5 at the Orem store last Friday. No thanks. I'd get it maaaaaybe for $10 if the stormie is the same as the CT version. The AT-ST driver looks like Mr. Rogers...not exactly the look you want in a bad guy SW figure.

DahrJin
06-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Haven't been to TRU in a few weeks, and the 4 pack of repaints/rehashes just isn't enough to get me to go.

And like MC said, for what it costs, I'll wait and see how many get put on clearence.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Stopped by the Orem WM this AM and found that they must have put out at least one case of C1 figures. All they had left of the new ones were OB1 and R2 with the newer Yoda and Destroyer Droid with a Hangar Duel Ani thrown in for good measure.

DJ, haven't forgotten about those figure stands. I checked out two hobby shops in the area and found zip. I did find a new games/collectibles shop in Orem so I'll try to hit them today.

DahrJin
06-03-2003, 12:18 PM
DJ, haven't forgotten about those figure stands. I checked out two hobby shops in the area and found zip. I did find a new games/collectibles shop in Orem so I'll try to hit them today.

No worries.

Haven't had much luck finding a local retailer myself. :frus:

Mandalorian Candidat
06-05-2003, 12:13 AM
I was hunting around Orem and found this new card shop off State St. near the Scera theater. They had a bunch of vintage SW, ESB, and ROTJ trading cards. I still have a few left from the 70s so I thought I would fill in the many large gaps in my "collection." I ended up getting them all (around 160) for $20. Sadly, that's all the SW stuff they had.

DahrJin
06-05-2003, 08:43 AM
Good deal MC.

I haven't thought about my old Topps SW cards in a long, long time. Maybe I'll have to dig 'em out and see what ever is left.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Still haven't found any new stuff since the great Wal-Mart restock a couple of months ago, but I did get my hands on a very interesting item.

Last night I was at the Orem KMart and came across a Lego Jango Fett's Slave 1. It was tagged at $37, but when I scanned it the price was at $11! Pretty slick. I think that's my best Lego buy so far.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-09-2003, 12:50 PM
The Orem Target finally stocked some figures. The only problem is that they're the Yoda/DD/Clone Pilot wave. No 2003 at all! I am beside myself with bewilderment!

DJ, I'm just about out of potential local stores for the figure stands. I checked out the last one I thought might have them on Friday and zippo. I'm about ready to order on-line, although there is one store in Midvale called Hastur Hobbies that may have them...

DahrJin
06-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Keep me updated and I'll let you know if I find any soon.

Nothing in the way of new stuff has been found by me.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Ugh! I know I should be grateful, but the one day I don't check the empty pegs at Target I get screwed! The Orem Target today had at least one case of 2003 C2 figures on the pegs. There were 3 Barrisses, 3 Aaylas, and one lone Yoda/Chian which was the only figure of the three I didn't have.

Still looking for the Padawan 2-pack, Dooku, and Tusken Raider and the elusive Ephant Mon.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-15-2003, 11:42 PM
Finally found the new Darth Tyranus on Friday at the Provo KMart. They had two so I bought one and stashed the other. If anyone wants it let me know and I'll PM you with the location.

DahrJin
06-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Good to hear you found something you were looking for.

Me, I'm just waiting for the new Luke and Vader is all.

MC, are me and you the only ones left here or what?

Mandalorian Candidat
06-16-2003, 04:09 PM
I guess so. I don't know where jediwolf went to. I think he only posts when he finds something new. As for the others, they are probably in the same boat. Why report finding something new if there isn't anything new to be found?

jediwolf
06-16-2003, 10:58 PM
:crazed: hello guys, I'm still here . the only thing I found is the 12"Gamorrean guard at KB in Orem and thats all. no much to post

no_cool_name
06-16-2003, 11:24 PM
I am still here too. I just have not seen anything new for a few months now. :mad:

DahrJin
06-17-2003, 08:52 AM
Good to hear your still lurking about jediwolf.

Always good to have more eyes out there looking for new goodies you know.

So how's the Gaurd?

I hear it's pretty cool, but have yet to see one in person.

swatter
06-20-2003, 04:42 PM
New stuff at the State Street Target in Sandy. Library droids, Lama Su/Clone kid, Barris, Aayala, Padme DFC, Yoder/Jedi kid. Still plenty left at 12:30.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-21-2003, 12:57 AM
The Orem Target put out another case...of older figures. If you need the JC Yoda, DD, or Clone Pilot they have a few.

I've noticed something odd lately. Both Target and KMart have put some 2003 Lego sets on clearance already! Both KMarts in the Provo/Orem area have the Geonosian fighter for $13.99, thought they may not have clearance stickers on them. The Orem Target was selling the Skyhoppers for $11.01.

Pretty odd.

DahrJin
06-23-2003, 09:06 AM
Still nothing for me....

Have read the reports and heard the rumors of the newly redesigned Saga cardback figures hitting WM's all around the country, but have yet to hear anything about UT.

Is UT the black hole for SW figures or is it just me?

Mandalorian Candidat
06-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Is UT the black hole for SW figures or is it just me?

UT is a black hole, Marianas trench, and bottomless pit all in one for finding SW figures.

DahrJin
06-23-2003, 01:41 PM
Thought so.....:D

Mandalorian Candidat
07-02-2003, 10:31 PM
I was down near Cedar City this past weekend and stopped off at the WM there. No new figures but I did find 4 Saga TIE Bombers and the Leia/Chewie trash-o-rama set.

DahrJin
07-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Leia/Chewie trash-o-rama set.

I still haven't seen these at any WM.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2003, 11:24 AM
I didn't go hunting around this weekend so of course that meant Target got more new stuff in. I stopped by the Orem store this morning and found a new R2 and Boba Fett. I also found one each of the new Luke, Vader, and Snowie. I have to say that Luke is butt ugly as usual. Why can't they bring back the original head sculpt?

DahrJin
07-07-2003, 11:26 AM
I didn't go hunting around this weekend so of course that meant Target got more new stuff in. I stopped by the Orem store this morning and found a new R2 and Boba Fett. I also found one each of the new Luke, Vader, and Snowie. I have to say that Luke is butt ugly as usual. Why can't they bring back the original head sculpt?

New Vader and Luke at Target huh.....better start going there again.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Didn't think lightning would strike twice on consecutive days, but it did at Target. They had the repackaged C-3PO and Jango as well as another Luke, Vader, Hoth Han, and Chewie.

I passed on the 3po since it's the same as the one from POTF2, but I may get it eventually if it ever goes on clearance.

BTW, KBs have individual figures for $2.

DahrJin
07-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Congrats on the second lightning strike.

From the sounds of it, the Ogden stores haven't got any new Saga out yet, and the Layton store had some, but they are all gone now.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-09-2003, 09:55 AM
I can't believe it...three times in a row. Lucky for me I slept in today so I could get to Target by opening time.

They had two cases of the Secret Ceremony Amidala/Wat Tambor/etc. figures. All in good shape (the cards weren't jacked up). I was able to get Amidala, Wat, Coleman, Ashla/Jempa, Han, Leia, Maul (these three I might return), and the red battle droid. The case also has Barriss and Aayla but I passed since I have them already.

All I need now is Ephant Mon and the newer Tusken Raider.

Hit them Targets, DJ!

deanpaul
07-09-2003, 10:07 AM
MC- You're amazing! Three times!? Glad to see you're finding what you need.

I've started lurking around here a little aaain, because SLC finds have been sucking the big one.

If you decide to return anything, will you let me know first? Depending on which three you're considering returning, I might be interested in taking them off your hands.

I'm currently looking for:

Hoth Han
Ceremony Anakin
Coleman
Wat
Younglings
Ceremony Amidala
Lama Su and Youth

Anakin speeder bike
Dooku speeder bike

Clone Wars Jedi 3 pack

Let me know what you're looking for as well. Maybe I'll eventually find something up here and we can help each other out again - desperate measures for desperate times, right?

Later,

Deanpaul