PDA

View Full Version : Utah anyone?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

The_Collector
08-17-2001, 10:45 PM
you guys find anything lately?

Mandalorian Candidat
08-20-2001, 03:21 PM
I got the find of a lifetime: A slew of F/X Emperors at the Orem TRU at rock bottom prices!

Mandalorian Candidat
08-22-2001, 09:58 AM
I'm throwing this out there just for what it's worth. I hadn't been to Target for a few weeks since I got a B-Wing from customer service. It looks like I didn't need to go back yesterday since they had jacksquat (Orem Target by the way). Althought they did have the shelf sticker for the B-Wing, they had none on the shelf. As far as figures go all they had were Porky Boy and some Bespin Leias. They did have a slew of the 12" bounty hunters, but for some reason they are calling them Star Wars Legacy assortment. I wonder what's up with that.

I can't say anything for the local TRU or W-Ms, but I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't received anything new for ages as well.

ThomasLane
08-22-2001, 06:08 PM
It's been over a month since I've found anything even remotely new at Orem Wal-Mart, but I have to admit I don't check very often any more (maybe once a week, and not in the morning).

Tom

jediwolf
08-22-2001, 11:07 PM
I stop at target in Orem today they have 4 B-Wing and 12" BH, TRU they have sandtrooper wave

jediwolf
08-24-2001, 11:55 PM
Hello , I stop today at TRU in Orem and they have the 12" death star droid wave

Mandalorian Candidat
08-27-2001, 03:52 PM
I stopped off at WM, TRU, and Target in Orem last Friday. W-M had moved their whole line of POTJ stuff, which wasn't much, to the clearance aisle. Then they jacked up the price to $6.44

I saw the 12" Han/IMP/DS Droid wave as well as the CrapTalkers which are even less than useless. Other than that, they have squat. One of their floor guys mentioned that they should get the TIE Int. in this week.

The Target had one last B-Wing which I grabbed up. I even got $4 off because I signed up for a Target card. The package was in preemo condition with pretty much zero dings or tweaks.

Other than that zippo. Still no sign of the Lando wave south of the POTM (point of the mountain).

Mandalorian Candidat
08-28-2001, 11:13 AM
I either seem to be the only one from Utah who bothers posting new findings or there really isn't anything new to be found. Well, I have one today.

I am pleased to announce that I have found the TIE Interceptor! The Orem TRU put out some yesterday while I was there and was able to get one. This was about 5 yesterday (8/27) so hurry over there to see if there's anything left.

jediwolf
08-28-2001, 10:21 PM
I have stop in target,TRU,Wal Mart in Orem and AF, K mart and Orem and AF. AND NADA, but I m looking,

ThomasLane
08-28-2001, 10:46 PM
I finally found Ketwol, Sabe, and the Bespin guard at Babbages (University Mall) last night. At $9 each, I passed, but they're not bad figures.

jediwolf
09-05-2001, 10:59 PM
hey I stop today at the TRU in Orem in they had the tie interceptor I got 2 of them, but they still have 9 in the basket also they have the OBI-WAN whit the gungan sub and the Darth Mual to good luck

ThomasLane
09-06-2001, 09:11 AM
Found the Ketwol wave at Wal-Mart (Orem) this morning. I was hoping to find them on clearance, as has been reported at some other Wal-Marts, but no luck here. Still $6.44, even though some of the figures were hanging on the clearance aisle.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-06-2001, 09:48 AM
My wife went to W-M in Orem yesterday and got me the same wave. She was so excited that she found them that I almost didn't tell here that I had already bought them at the Springville W-M (and for cheaper at that).

I also stopped off at the Orem Target yesterday and saw that they still had two B-Wings

Mandalorian Candidat
09-10-2001, 11:13 AM
My wife took those figures back for me to the Orem W-M and found out that they were put on clearance for $2 each. They also had the Slave 1 Lego set for $8 and the technic stuff around the same price.

At the Orem TRU they had a ton of the Sith Speeder units from the Invasion Force line for $5. I hadn't even heard of these guys before so it was a nice treat to find. BTW, the TIE/I sticker was removed from the shelf so they may not be planning on getting any more.

swatter
09-10-2001, 04:48 PM
MC what figures do they have at the Orem Wal Mart? I am looking for an extra Han Bespin and maybe a Sandtrooper. I was at TRU last Thursday and picked up the last Tie Fighter that was in the bin. I checked the TRU in Midvale last Thursday but they had nothing new there.

PloKoon2385
09-10-2001, 07:28 PM
No, I don't live in Utah, but I was just there about two months ago and had a chance to do some shopping. Everything is out of date of course, but it wasn't back then. I was just wondering, which of the stores is the best out there? I have been there twice and in my experiences, I found that the Wal*Mart in Cedar City was excellent. I found all three Max Rebo Band Pairs there the first time, and I found the Boomer Droid, Scout (dirty) and Darth Maul SA, all before they became common. Where do you think is the best?

swatter
09-13-2001, 05:59 PM
Target in Midvale has 6 BWings on the shelf. No sign of the Xwing Luke wave there. The Midvale Wal Mart has no figures at all. The Kay Bees at the South Towne Mall has POTJ figures for 2.99. The bad thing is they only have Anamechanic, Farmer Jinn, Split Personality Maul, Chocobiwan, and Old Ben. I finally picked up little Anakin Mech for a more reasonable 2.99 instead of 7.99.

ThomasLane
09-14-2001, 10:05 AM
I visited Wal-Mart in Orem last night. The only SW toy I was able to find was a 12" 4-LOM in the clearance section, but when I scanned it, it came up at full price ($22). Can anyone recommend a good place to go figure hunting? Other than a few Ketwol, Sabe, and Bespin guards here and there, I haven't seen anything new in quite a while. I still haven't run across the Imperial R2 droid, Lando, Duros (whatever his name is), nor anything from the Shmi wave (apparently they've been showing up at Targets in SLC).

Also, a few days ago I visited KB in University Mall, and they had tons of Ani-mechanic, Dagobah Vader, old-man Kenobi, chocolate-covered Kenobi, farmer Jinn, and 2-piece Maul for $3.

swatter
09-17-2001, 11:12 AM
It was reported on the BHC forums that the Darth Vader Emporer's Wrath, XWing Luke, and Death Star Han Solo were found at the Orem and East Bay K Marts over the weekend.

ThomasLane
09-17-2001, 04:04 PM
Doh! I was just there yesterday and didn't bother to check, since K-Mart never gets squat! As an off-topic question, has anyone found the new Lord of the Rings figures in the Provo/Orem area?

jediwolf
09-17-2001, 05:59 PM
hey ThomasLane TRU in Orem have the LOTR toys

Mandalorian Candidat
09-20-2001, 10:05 AM
Wow! I had no idea that KMart, excuse me, Super KMart had the newest wave first. I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise since they were the first ones to stock the POTJ line.

I've been to W-M in Orem a couple of days ago and they had nada. I went to the Orem Target yesterday and they had about four or five B-Wings, but the figure selection was really crummy, i.e., chocowan, CGuard, Porky-Boy.

swatter
09-20-2001, 02:32 PM
I found the Darth Vader Emporer's wrath wave(or what was left of it) at the Super Target in Midvale. There were about a half dozen X Wing Luke, two Han Solo DS Escape, nut no Darth Vaders in sight.

jediwolf
09-22-2001, 12:51 AM
Hello guys in Utah, my wife got me the Shmi and obi-wan JTG today at the Walmart in AF and she said still some left, good luck

deanpaul
09-22-2001, 04:23 PM
Hey everybody,

Fort Union Kmart had 2 Han DSE and 2 Luke X-Wing, no Shimi or Vader EW...

KB in Park City Dago Vader, Old Ben, Qui Gon Farmer, Choco-Wan for 2.99, 5 Naboo Fighters 4.99, Stap 3.99, Cine Scene w/Sebulba $??? and the Darth Maul bike thing 3.99. Hurry!

I'm really curious how our bare Walmart's are going to offer us the "exclusive" Bomber and Snowspeeder duo. Anyone else worried that the Utah Walmart's don't have JACK?

Deanpaul

ThomasLane
09-24-2001, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure what's up with WM. The Orem store doesn't even have farmer Jinn any more and the whole toy department is looking like the day after Thanksgiving, but it sounds like the AF store is stocking the latest stuff. I heard rumours that Fred Meyer has been getting the XWing Luke wave. I checked yesterday (Orem) and they had was the Bespin Guard wave (which is the newest thing they've gotten in about a year), and Ric Olie/Darth Sidious.

ThomasLane
09-24-2001, 12:04 PM
And if you still need Snobi-Wan-Kenobi and Long-Jinn-Silver, TRU in Orem had them, as well as plenty of Aurra Sing (non-error version), Bespin Han and Leia, Chewie, and some of the newer 12" stuff (Han-trooper, DS trooper, DS droid), and some of the super-deformed palm-talker stuff.

Is it just me, or are the palm-talkers completely lame? I can't see why anyone in their right mind would spend $10 on those things. Ah, well, I don't know why an adult would spend $7 on a 4" plastic action figure either, but I do it on a regular basis.

swatter
09-24-2001, 04:45 PM
I found Shmi on Saturday at the AF Wal Mart but no JTG Obi Wan. I have to agree that the Palm Talkers are a little lame. As for why an adult would spend $7.00 on a 4inch plastic figure is beyond me... I have the same problem. Thank goodness I have kids that like to play with the stuff!

swatter
09-25-2001, 09:12 AM
I found the new Darth Vader EW, Luke X Wing, and Han Solo DS escape at the K Mart in AF. There were at least 10 of each when I checked there after work yesterday at about 5:30. If you need these figs hurry on over.

Has anyone checked out the sale at TRU?

ThomasLane
09-25-2001, 10:39 AM
I hadn't heard about a sale at TRU, other than the stuff that they've been clearancing for months (Mon Mothma and a few other POTF figures). Any details about this sale?

jediwolf
09-26-2001, 12:48 AM
THANKS SWATTER for the info, Igot them today, they still have 5 of each on the k-mart in AF

swatter
09-26-2001, 09:31 AM
Glad you were able to get them Jediwolf.

The TRU sale was mentioned on Rebelscum but when I went to the TRU in Midvale yesterday there was nothing on sale except for the regular peg warmers that have been there for months. Has anyone been to the Orem TRU this week?

Mandalorian Candidat
09-26-2001, 11:07 AM
I'm going to stop by the Orem TRU today, but I doubt they'll have anything good.

I'm really shocked that W-M had anything new. The Orem one hasn't even had one clearance figure for weeks.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-27-2001, 10:46 AM
Good news. I went by the Orem Target yesterday and found DV Emp, X-Wing Luke, DS Han, and JT OB1. This was about 530. They had one left of each except for the OB1. There were no Shmis at all.

I almost didn't get them because at first I didn't realize they were from the new wave. Peripherally they all resembled other figures (DV Dagobah, Porky, Bespin Han), but when I realized what they were I almost freaked out because it's been so long since we've gotten anything new around here.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-27-2001, 10:50 AM
OH yeah, I almost forgot about the Orem TRU. They had one small bin in the back near the bikes with EP1 figures. The price hadn't been changed on the sign but they rang up as 2 for $3. All they had were Adi Gallia and maybe a couple of other binwarmers.

The displays were moved around. Ultimate Soldier stuff is now where the SW stuff was. SW has now been relegated to one of those four sided racks in the middle of the floor. All they have are the 12" ST Han wave, a few palm talkers, a bunch of Aurra Sing and Duros wave figures, and one last Queen's ship for $50.

ThomasLane
10-01-2001, 08:42 AM
Things are not looking too good for Utah Valley lately.

Wal-Mart (Orem) - If there is a SW toy at WM I don't know where they've hidden it.

TRU - It looks like they are trying to get rid of their SW section, but I think those bins full of cr@p will be there for a while.

K-Mart (Provo & Orem) is pretty much the same as it's always been: 2 or 3 pegs of SW, with nothing you haven't seen before.

Shopko & Fred Meyer - still trying to unload their Ric Olies and Darth Sidiouses for $8 a piece, though I heard some Fred Meyers have been allocating shelf space for D-lux figures. Anyone seen this around here?

KB - Haven't put anything new out in quite some time, but at least the garbage they have is half price. The store in Orem has a bunch of Skiff Guards for (I think) $5.99.

Target - The only place that ever has anything new (at least to me) lately. I finally saw a Duros and Obi-Wan over the weekend. Not bad figures, but nothing special. I left them on the pegs. Also had some B-Wings.

The_Collector
10-01-2001, 09:56 PM
Found the entire Luke X-wing wave here at the Bounitul Fred Meyers.

I havent found anything else lately though, but I probly wouldent buy it anyways, all due to the fact that my pays been decreasing due to football.
!YAY Bountiful High Football! were #1 in our region with Olympus right now, and were gonna take state this year! !YAY FOR ME! :D :D :D

ThomasLane
10-03-2001, 12:18 PM
Yesterday, Springville Wal-Mart had some semi-new figures on the clearance ailse. But, of course, they were still full price.

The had one of each:
Duros
Bespin Guard
Sabe
Sand Trooper
Ketwol

and a bunch of figures from the Bespin Leia wave.

If they're going to releagate the figures to the clearance ailse, why don't they drop the prices!?

OT: Anyone know where to find Lord of the Rings figures around here? Orem Wal-Mart had them a couple weeks ago, but they're long gone, and TRU just has a few of the lamest figures left. I haven't seen them any where else, and I'm still looking for Gandalf.

deanpaul
10-08-2001, 09:26 PM
whoa.

About 20 of these babies stacked on the floor at the TRU on State Street in SLC. Even in those numbers I suggest you run, don't walk.

Now for the long wait for the Walmart delay. Anyone have any idea why their ships got pushed back? I'm really looking forward to them.

Deanpaul

Mandalorian Candidat
10-15-2001, 11:56 AM
I heard about the Target clearance on B-Wings so I popped in on the Orem Target and found that they had three left at the $27.90 price. I grabbed two of them, but the third is more than likely long gone by now. Figure wise they had nothing of the latest two waves.

My wife stopped in at the Springville W-M and found the Shmi wave there. I only needed the Shmi figure, so she left everything else.

Sorry I couldn't post this sooner. I don't have net access at home anymore and can only get on at work/school.

Still haven't seen anything yet from the Lando wave.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-15-2001, 11:58 AM
Shoot! I almost forgot that there was one 12" Luke w/bike there too. At the $50 or so price tag, I didn't want to get it.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-17-2001, 04:37 PM
Hey guys,

If anyone's interested the Orem Target still has (had?) two B-Wings at the discounted price. I was there yesterday evening to buy the EP1 DVD and found the deuce on the shelf. Their figure selection is still crummy, but there are B-Wings to be had.

ThomasLane
10-18-2001, 03:51 PM
I was there about a week ago and there were 4 B-Wings discounted.

<RANT>Either Target just keeps bringing more out, or us Utah folks are more intelligent that Target gives us credit for. Come one Target. Who do you think you're fooling? This ship should have sold for $20, just like the Y-Wing and Skiff. $28 is not "clearance". It's highway robbery!</RANT>

ThomasLane
10-22-2001, 12:04 AM
A couple days late but...

Provo K-Mart had the Vader wave (Vader, Xwing Luke, DS Han) on Friday, and lots of 'em. No sign of Shmi. Wasn't she supposed to be in this wave?

I'm wondering if I've been cured of my SW addiction, because I managed to leave the store empty-handed (lack of money helps). I'm surprised at how lame the Luke and Han figures are. There's really nothing wrong with them, other than the head sculpts being a slight step backward. I guess maybe I'm expecting too much from a resculpt, or maybe I'm tired of resculpts. The Vader was really cool looking though, and it was hard not to pull out the plastic for him.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-22-2001, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ThomasLane
Provo K-Mart had the Vader wave (Vader, Xwing Luke, DS Han) on Friday, and lots of 'em. No sign of Shmi. Wasn't she supposed to be in this wave?

No. Shmi and OB1 Jedi Armor are in the C2 group and hence are considered to be a separate wave, although all five were released at the same time.

If you can, stop by the Springville W-M. They seem to be replenishing their stock unlike the Orem W-M. My wife found me the Shmi there a couple of weeks ago.

I found tons of EW DVs, DS Hans, and X-Wing Lukes at the Target Saturday night. There was also one last OB1 JA. There were still a few B-Wings (4, I think) left.

The EP1 DVD sold out really fast. I was talking to a friend Sat. who went there Friday to get one, but they were all gone. Probably due to the price.

Now all we need is the Zutton/FX-7 wave to hit, and hopefully a rerun of the Lando wave. I still need him and R2-Q5.

ThomasLane
10-23-2001, 04:29 PM
I'm wondering if I've been cured of my SW addiction...

Dang! I fell off the wagon! I broke down and picked up Vader and Han today. I really, really like this Vader. Not a bad Han either, but his face looks like a clean-shaved cave-man.

I had to leave Luke on the pegs though. That is the worst Luke head sculpt since the 1995 POTF "He-Man" figures. What was wrong with the freeze-frame Luke's head?

Mandalorian Candidat
10-25-2001, 10:42 AM
Hey guys,

The Orem Target has the B-Wings listed as $19.90, although the shelf sticker still says $27.90. They don't have any B-Wings on the shelf, so I'm going to try later to get the price difference back just using my old receipt. Wish me luck.

BTW, they also have lowered their figure price to $6.44.

swatter
10-30-2001, 05:26 PM
Went to the TRU on State Street in Midavale and they still have a ton(15-16) of Tie Interceptors. No sign of the deluxe figures.

ThomasLane
10-31-2001, 08:40 AM
The TRU in Orem has plenty of the Vader wave, plus some of the Maul/speeder and Obi-wan/mini-bongo.

deanpaul
10-31-2001, 08:52 AM
Downtown Salt Lake Fred Meyer (400s 500e?) had about six EACH of the JTG Obi and Shimi Tuesday at 5pm. No sign of deluxe figures or even allocated shelf space...

I've been looking for the last week or more for those reduced B-wings. Looks like they have been cleaned out.

swatter
10-31-2001, 09:16 AM
I haven't seen any of the B-Wings since the price dropped to $19.90. The Super Target by SouthTowne Mall is sold out and so is the Orem Target.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-31-2001, 11:47 AM
Yeah swatter, I don't think we'll be seeing anymore B-Wings unless they fall out of a scalper's car on their way to a swap meet. I went by the Orem Target to try to get them to give me the difference back. They were kind of jerks about it in that they were very condescending. I guess if they don't have any on the shelf you have to return yours first and then wait until it's put back on the shelf and then be the lucky one to find it and then purchase it at the lowered price.

swatter
11-01-2001, 01:37 PM
I actually found two b-wings yesterday at the Target by Southtowne mall. They were priced at 19.90. I picked one up so that I could get the difference back on my original purchase. I left the other one there. I was actually surprised to see them on the shelf. I was there last weekend and there were none to be found anywhere.

ThomasLane
11-01-2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by deanpaul
Downtown Salt Lake Fred Meyer (400s 500e?) had about six EACH of the JTG Obi and Shimi Tuesday at 5pm. No sign of deluxe figures or even allocated shelf space...

The Orem Fred Meyer still has labeled pegs for them, but the pegs are still empty.

deanpaul
11-05-2001, 10:14 AM
Found a B-wing at the Shingle Creek (Minneapolis) Target over the weekend. They had two. Also visited a TRU - same sale stuff as us. Tattoine Maul anyone? Nothing else remarkable at either place.

Any deluxe finds in the valley?

Deanpaul

Mandalorian Candidat
11-05-2001, 11:36 AM
I hit the local outlets on Sat. in Utah Valley, but nothing new. There was one kind of banged up TIE interceptor at the Orem TRU, but no new figures, deluxe or otherwise.

One interesting note: KBYU had ANH on Friday night from 9-11. It was heavily edited though, but not to take out the more violent scenes. I thought it funny that an LDS church media outlet would have a movie with so much violence like shootouts, choking, and dismemberment.

swatter
11-06-2001, 09:19 AM
Over on the Collecstarwars boards someone reported finding the Luke and Darth Maul deluxe figures at the Orem Fred Meyers.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by swatter
Over on the Collecstarwars boards someone reported finding the Luke and Darth Maul deluxe figures at the Orem Fred Meyers.

Did they say how much they were going for at Fred Meyers?

jediwolf
11-06-2001, 02:35 PM
Hello they are $9.99and they have one set left so hurry

ThomasLane
11-10-2001, 05:04 PM
Today (Saturday): Tons of Deluxe Luke and Maul at Orem Wal-Mart (like 40 or more Luke, and at least 15 Maul), in the action figure aisle, 9.96 each. They also had a bunch of Shmi and Obi-Wan training (in the clearance aisle, but not clearance priced).

I was not too impressed with the deluxe Maul. The photos on the Hasbro site make it look much better. The Luke was pretty impressive, but it doesn't do much for me. Bring on Amanaman and Leia...

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2001, 09:12 AM
Kudos on the Deluxe call there TommyBoy. I didn't see your post until yesterday, but they still had a ton of the Deluxe figures. There were about 15-20 Shmis and a bunch of OB1s as well as the duros wave.

The Luke set is OK, but it really is only a set. It doesn't look like you could do much with Luke if you take him out of the tank. The DM looks like garbage. I don't think he looks posable except for that singular position he's already in. Yeah, the tatoos are kind of gay. I think I'll have my wife make him a shirt. :)

swatter
11-14-2001, 09:25 AM
MC,

I took off Han Bespins jacket from the Princess Leia collection. You can have it if you want to cover Maul.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2001, 03:07 PM
MC,

I took off Han Bespins jacket from the Princess Leia collection. You can have it if you want to cover Maul.

No thanks, but I will use it to cover monkey-leia's face. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
11-29-2001, 01:01 PM
Anyone spotted the newer waves (FX-7, Deluxe Leia) yet?

ThomasLane
12-04-2001, 09:11 AM
I ran across the 12" Luke/speeder bike at Target (Orem) a couple nights back. Of course I didn't buy it, since I don't collect the 12" stuff. For those of you who like the 12" stuff, it's a very nice piece, about on par with the 12" scout trooper/bike.

swatter
12-11-2001, 03:06 PM
I know this isn't new news but it looks like the deluxe figures are showing up everywhere. I have seen them at TRU, Kmart, Walmart, Target, and KBees. However, I have not had any sightings of the latest FX 7 wave. Anyone else having better luck finding the latest wave?

jediwolf
12-14-2001, 07:08 PM
hello all, I just got the 12 " luke and yoda at Wal Mart and AF they still got 7 of them good lock

ThomasLane
12-17-2001, 11:43 AM
My cousin told me he found all four of the Deluxe figures at Target (Orem) last week. I guess that means we will all have a shot at Leia and Amanabananaramaman before Christmas.

swatter
12-18-2001, 02:19 PM
I found the Deluxe Leia and Amanamanbananarama @ the TRU in Midvale over lunch today. It looked as if they had barely set out the case. Another older guy and his older dad came over to see what I was looking at and when he saw that it was the new deluxe set he proceeded to grab all the Amanamans and quite a few Leias. I grabbed the last Amanaman so he wouldn't get them all. I bought the one Amanaman for me and I left the other one there. It is in the military section where the SW figs used to be. I put it behind the VietNam memorial collectors box. First one there gets. Good luck!!!! and Merry Christmas.

jediwolf
12-23-2001, 12:16 AM
hello , today I got Amanaman and Leia at the K mart in AF and they got a lot of them, so the Kmart in Orem

Mandalorian Candidat
12-23-2001, 06:31 PM
Crud. I'm on vacation in 'sunny' SoCal and haven't seen any of the deluxe figures yet. Of course I would have to miss them. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be there when I get back.

Hey guys, has the Lando wave shown up again in Utah? I want to a TRU down here and found a literal crapload of the Lando wave figures including several R2-Q5s. It's the first time I've seen any of this wave anywhere.

I guess I shouldn't complain. The Lando wave is harder to find than the deluxe stuff right now.

jediwolf
12-24-2001, 01:45 PM
the TRU in Orem have some sunday MC

swatter
12-26-2001, 07:18 PM
The K Mart in AF still has a lot of deluxe figures left. I also found the remains of the Lando wave at TRU in orem last week.

jediwolf
12-28-2001, 04:43 PM
Hello guys, Ijust got the silver anniversary Luke and Leia swing to freedom and the Han and chewbacca death star escape at Wal mart in AF, they still have one set left, Im still lookingfor the FX-7 wave and theZutton wave

swatter
12-28-2001, 07:31 PM
Found the FX-7 wave at the Sugarhouse TRU in SLC. There was only one of each left on the pegs. The FX-7 droid is pretty big.

deanpaul
12-29-2001, 11:51 AM
Leia/Luke and Han/Chewbacca at Park City Walmart, Sat 12/29/01 11:30 am. Across aisle from regular figs, knee shelf height. About three of each, and one of each stashed on top shelf for your finding pleasure. :)

They're kind of ugly, especially Han.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

Deanpaul

ThomasLane
01-01-2002, 08:54 AM
I picked up Leia and Amanaman at K-Mart in Provo ($10). I haven't seen anything else of interest for a while.

DahrJin
01-03-2002, 01:09 PM
Well found another site with Utah collectors onboard....cool.

Well here up north, all that is worth while is the Target price drop to $4.50 on COL 1 figs and the Wal-Mart drop to $2.94. Not bad if you missed some older figs, or just want to pick up extras.

Have yet to run across Eeth Koth or the FX-7 wave.:crazed:

Waiting to see if the 25th aniversary Vader vs Ben start to show up.:rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
01-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Just an update on the Target price drop. The figures at the Orem Target (C1 only) have dropped to $3.20. However, they only have X-Wing Luke, DS Han, and EW Vader. There are also a bunch of Lego Watto's JY for the $24.40 reduced price. Hopefully they'll drop in price again real soon. I haven't seen any other SW sets at the discount price, but they did have one last Imperial Shuttle which I grabbed really fast.

SirSteve
01-04-2002, 10:53 AM
This thread is way too long for this section. Please check the new guidelines.

Thread Closed.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-07-2002, 02:11 PM
Hey guys,

I asked Steve if he would either reopen this thread or let us start another one. He honored my request, but we have to make sure to follow the guidelines of this section of the forums. I guess since we just post to this single thread for UT findings that was OK with him. I believe to keep this thread going we need to keep posting here as usual instead of doing multiple posts like many of the other users are doing for their parts of the country.

I went out this weekend and didn't see anything new. My wife went by the Orem W-M and found the same Shmi/EWDV/Duros waves there. I'm not sure if the prices have been discounted because she didn't think to check. I still haven't seen any of the new stuff show up at the Orem Target, but the C1 stuff is at $3.20 and the C2 at regular price. I think it's that way because all the new stuff is C2 and they want us to pay full price.

Target got in a ton of Escape Pods for $4.80. There are also a bunch of Watto's JYs too at $24.40, but that's it except for the newer sets (no Ewok Attack or TPCC).

Good luck and happy hunting!

DahrJin
01-07-2002, 02:19 PM
Nothing new up North either. Riverdale Wal-Mart has put their POTJ prices back up to $6.44.:frus:

Targets have the same old Vader EW COL 1 figs on clearence. No sight of any of the 25th Ann. figs or the FX-7 wave as of yet.:stupid:

Mandalorian Candidat
01-09-2002, 03:43 PM
Well, I went back to the Orem Target last night to get the Planet of the Apes DVD (only because it was on sale for $14.83) and looked at the Lego aisle. All their Lego clearance sets were on the clearance aisle, but no sign of any Sw sets. I guess they all got bought up or were hidden by someone in hopes of the price going down.

ThomasLane
01-13-2002, 08:38 AM
I dropped by the Orem Wal-Mart last night and found a couple sets of Han/Chewie and Luke/Leia. Not bad figures, but not good enough to make me want to part with $30 of my hard-earned money. They're probably still there if you want them.

ThomasLane
01-23-2002, 04:47 PM
...12" Dewbacks at the Orem TRU! Only $80!...

Sorry. This thread has been quiet for a while. I just wanted to wake it up.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-23-2002, 07:21 PM
Well TommyBoy, it's quiet because there hasn't been squat to buy here lately. I still haven't even seen the two newer deluxe figures. I bet none of the new figures ever show up here.:cry:

deanpaul
01-24-2002, 03:28 AM
MC -

Leia and Annaman are at the Fort Union Target and also the Parley's Way Kmart.

Plenty of both at Kmart, been a couple of days since I was at that Target.

Still no FX-7 etc. here either.

Deanpaul

DahrJin
01-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Still no new figures here up north either. Haven't scored anything in weeks.:crazed:

jediwolf
01-24-2002, 01:08 PM
Hello guys, I fund the 25 anniversary Darth and Obi-Wan at Target in Orem, still no FX-7 or Zutton wave , hey Mandalorian Candidat K-mart in American Forkhave some Amanaman and Leia,

Mandalorian Candidat
01-24-2002, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the headup guys. I'm going up to SLC tonight so maybe I'll stop by. BTW, W-M (in Orem) has desert skiff and escape pod SW lego sets for $3 and $5 respectively.

swatter
01-29-2002, 06:01 PM
The Target in Sandy has Collection 2 figs for 4.99.

ThomasLane
02-03-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Well TommyBoy, it's quiet because there hasn't been squat to buy here lately. I still haven't even seen the two newer deluxe figures. I bet none of the new figures ever show up here.:cry:

I found them at K-Mart about a month ago. They're long gone now, but I assume they'll be back (probably at Target for $16 each).

DahrJin
02-04-2002, 11:57 AM
Well still nothing new here up north. I did, at last, get to see the 25th Luke/Leia and Han/Chewie sets at Target in Riverdale last night. Not at all what I was expecting. No Vader/Ben set to be found. Well at $15.99 each, they can keep 'em until they go on clearence.

Still no sign of the FX-7 or Eeth Koth waves. I guess I will just have to hope they repack those cases soon.:crazed:

swatter
02-11-2002, 09:38 AM
I found the 25th anniverssary DV and Ben set at the American Fork Wal-Mart over the weekend.

DahrJin
02-11-2002, 09:40 AM
Well, is it as bed as the others? I still want one, but the price is a bit steep for what you get.

swatter
02-11-2002, 02:38 PM
Wal Mart's price is a little cheaper than everywhere else. I paid 14.99. Out of the three 25th anniv. sets this was the one that I told myelf that I could get. Honestly there really isn't a lot that makes this set special. The floor piece is set off on an angle so if you take it out of the package it might look a little stringe. The Obi Wan sculpt is ok as is the Darth Vader but nothing that we haven't already seen. I think I bought it just because I haven't found anything new since the week of Christmas, when I found the FX7 wave at the Sugarhouse TRU. If money is a consideration and it always is, I would probably advise waiting until you can find this piece on sale for five bucks.

swatter
02-26-2002, 04:30 PM
The Lando wave is everywhere and in quantity. The little black imperial R2 unit is readily available at Wal Mart in AF and the TRU in Midvale. Other than the Obi /Darth 25th anniversary set from a few weeks ago nothing new is showing up. I checked the TRU in Midvale, Wal Mart in Sandy, and the Target in Sandy during lunch today and saw nothing new. The K-Mart in AF has been dry for months now. Anyone else seeing anything different?

Mandalorian Candidat
02-27-2002, 09:54 AM
The Lando wave is everywhere and in quantity. The little black imperial R2 unit is readily available at Wal Mart in AF and the TRU in Midvale. Other than the Obi /Darth 25th anniversary set from a few weeks ago nothing new is showing up. I checked the TRU in Midvale, Wal Mart in Sandy, and the Target in Sandy during lunch today and saw nothing new. The K-Mart in AF has been dry for months now. Anyone else seeing anything different?

As for me, all I've seen is jacksquat. Wal-Mart in Orem has had nothing, not even the supposedly already released Lego Starfighter. All they have are limitless pegs of Shmi and the Duros wave. Not even the two newer deluxe figures. Orem Target is just about the same but their figure supply (also Duros wave) is down to less than ten. They have the two deluxe sets but at $15.99. I went to the Orem TRU yesterday and saw the remnants of the Lando wave sans the black R2, but I got two of him in Cali last December.

The only place I have left to check is the Springville W-M and Orem KMart, but I'd be surprised if they had anything good.

Still no sign of the two or three latest POTJ waves either.:cry:

DahrJin
02-27-2002, 10:26 AM
Well it seems to be the same here up north. Nothing new anywhere. I'm still looking for an Eeth Koth, Imp. Officer and Rebel Trooper. After the slim pickin's as of late, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever see the Teebo wave figures either. :cry:

I sure hope these last few waves make it to clearence once the AOTC figures start to hit in April...kinda like the CTC figs did before EP I started to show up.:confused:

I was lucky enough to get in on a pre-order of the AOTC preview figures and had a friend hook me up with a TF 2002 Vader, but I still wish I could find the others.:crazed:

BTW: The stores here have the same, if not less, as the ones around SLC. Can't wait to fell the rush of finding something new again.:p

DahrJin
02-27-2002, 10:33 AM
Sorry it posted twice for some reason.:confused:

ThomasLane
02-28-2002, 09:46 AM
A bit off-topic, but does anyone know where to find a Lord of the Rings "Strider" figure (besides eBay/scalpers)? TRU seems to be the only place getting Lord of the Rings figures any more, and Strider seems to never make it to the pegs.

JetsAndHeels
02-28-2002, 09:49 AM
Try Target. I have seen a few at Target Stores.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-28-2002, 11:38 AM
A bit off-topic, but does anyone know where to find a Lord of the Rings "Strider" figure (besides eBay/scalpers)? TRU seems to be the only place getting Lord of the Rings figures any more, and Strider seems to never make it to the pegs.

I don't want to get your hopes up tommyboy, but I was at the Orem TRU earlier this week and I swear there was one on the pegs.

swatter
02-28-2002, 04:32 PM
On my lunch break today I took a little drive to Wal Mart in Sandy off of State Street and they were just unloading the Lego Jedi Starfighter. I did not get the price on it but the ship itself wasn't very big. They had quite a few of the Black Imperial droid on the pegs at least 6 -7.

swatter
03-02-2002, 10:42 AM
I found the AT-ST and Ewok speeder bike set at TRU in Orem last night. There were five on the shelves. However, no sign of new figures yet.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-04-2002, 02:16 PM
I found the AT-ST and Ewok speeder bike set at TRU in Orem last night. There were five on the shelves. However, no sign of new figures yet.

They must have been snatched up fast. I was there Saturday morning and saw none on the shelves.

If anybody's still looking for the Amanaman or Leia deluxe figures, but don't want to pay the high Target price ($14.99?) KMart in Orem has them for $9.98. I got both there Friday evening.:) :) :) :)

swatter
03-04-2002, 05:12 PM
MC: here is what SPRRY75 posted this on Rebelscum's board:

****I picked up an AT-ST set at the Orem TRU Sat. morning. It was the last one on the shelf, but there was a Hot Wheels guy with three of them (there went the ones you left behind, swatter ). Later that day, I was at the Sugarhouse TRU and they had four or five Vader/Obi 25th Anniversary sets, plus (for the firs time I've seen them on the shelves) the FX-7 wave. I scored all the Imp. Officers and Rebel Fleet Troopers they had left (2 of each), plus found an R2-Q5. I passed on the Vader/Obis, though. They look good and everything, but I just don't need anymore of these particular figures.
Thanks to trades and friends who travel interstate, I've secured Eeth Koth and Zutton, but I still haven't seen them on hanging on pegs anywhere.

All us Utah County boys should hook up sometime****

It's too bad some people are so greedy.

deanpaul
03-06-2002, 04:34 PM
Finally found the FX7 fab four at the Ogden/Riverside TRU! about four sets of each figure remained as of 1:30 today...

Also of note, Fred Meyer Ogden had all 3/4" SW stuff at a slashed price plus an additional 50% off... Scored another Ric Olie for $1.75 and the 25th Luke/Leia and Han/Chewie for $7.00 - not bad for plastic I guess.

Good Luck!

Deanpaul

jediwolf
03-07-2002, 12:33 PM
Hello guys I just got the sneak preview figures at the wal-mart in orem ,

swatter
03-07-2002, 02:16 PM
Are there any left at the store?

jediwolf
03-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Hello SWATTER they got 2 R3-T7 left sorry ,but a guy from toys r us say they will have some maybe next week

swatter
03-07-2002, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the update I will check next week!

Mandalorian Candidat
03-07-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by jediwolf
Hello guys I just got the sneak preview figures at the wal-mart in orem ,

Holy crap! I was just there last night and NADA! Just my luck...

BTW, I went by the Orem TRU and was asking about the latest waves. I guess their employees (or at least the ones I talked with) don't know jack squat about anything SW related because they told me the new figures (I was specifically asking about the last two POTJ) waves wouldn't come out until the movie, which was in JUNE!!! At least one of them knew that the AT-STs had come in. He said another shipment had arrived, but the stockroom guys had grabbed them all (which I guess is a no-no as how he explains it). :mad:

Mandalorian Candidat
03-07-2002, 09:14 PM
Props to jediwolf on the preview figure notice! As soon as I saw it I jetted down to the Orem WM and found four R3-T7s on the pegs. Curiously they didn't have a price listed on the scanner. One girl tried to ring it up on the register and it came up as not listed. I ended up just paying the $6.44 cost of the POTJ figures with the understanding that if the price was actually lower then I could bring them back and get the price difference.

Other than those jewlies, nothing else was there.

I decided to hit the Springville WM thinking there was a good chance they would have something since the Orem store did (I wonder about AF). They didn't have any (at least not hidden under the shelves) but I did find a Fode and Beed, a Sebulba, and a bunch of Queen A. throne room dress figures. They also had the Deluxe Luke for $3 (there's about five-six left). And (ta-da!) a freakin' slew of the Lego Jedi Starfighters on an endcap. The price wasn't listed on the scanners but customer service had it at $20! A major ripoff for only 138 pieces and only 1/3 of an R2.:frus:

BTW, I got an extra R3-T7 to trade with anyone. I'm looking for any of the figures from the FX-7 on, but especially the other three preview figures. Let me know...

jediwolf
03-07-2002, 11:54 PM
Hello MANDALORIAN CANDIDAT, the wal-mart in AF they didn't have any new figures it ALL

Mandalorian Candidat
03-08-2002, 09:59 AM
Hello MANDALORIAN CANDIDAT, the wal-mart in AF they didn't have any new figures it ALL

jediwolf, Did the Orem WM have all the preview figures when you were there? How much did they charge you. The price wasn't in the computer when I got there.

DahrJin
03-08-2002, 10:03 AM
Nothing showing up anywhere here yet. Unless my timing is off and I keep missing everything. I hit the Layton Wally World yesterday after reading abouth all the finds, but they had NADA, ZIP, ZERO. TRU was no better and Target's been so far behind everywhere else it aint funny.

jediwolf
03-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Hello MANDALORIAN CANDIDAT, all 4 figures I got and they charge me $6.44 a figure

swatter
03-08-2002, 07:56 PM
I found the FX -7 wave and Eeth Koth wave at TRU in Orem today. There were quite a few Koth and Zutton figures left but the FX-7 wave was almost gone.

jediwolf
03-08-2002, 11:01 PM
Hello guys I just order sneak preview figures fom toyzz.com they have 1500 of them the set gos for $ 36.45 whit S+H Ijust want to let you know so hurry

jediwolf
03-12-2002, 12:27 PM
Hello guys I got AT-ST today at toys r us in Orem they got 2 left

Mandalorian Candidat
03-13-2002, 10:55 AM
Crap! I didn't see your post until yesterday swatter. I got down to TRU and all they had were TONS of Security BDs, CGs, Gungans, and the Lando and Duros waves, nothing else.

However, they did still have the two AT-STs left (thanks jediwolf). I got one and another guy when I was there grabbed the other one. BTW, was that one of you guys?

I don't think the AT-ST is worth the $30. It's a nice piece to add to the collection, but no way is it worth the price tag. I'm hoping TRU will get flooded with them and stick them on clearance so I can get one for cheaper.

Also, haven't seen any more preview figs since last week.:cry:

swatter
03-13-2002, 02:03 PM
That wasn't me at TRU. I ordered the AT-ST from Amazon but found the AT-ST at TRU the very same day. That was a bummer. I'll keep an eye out for the FX-7 wave and if I see it I'll post it here ASAP. Has anyone seen the Bo Shek wave?

deanpaul
03-13-2002, 05:06 PM
4 AT-ST at State Street TRU - Gotta agree - not worth $30 for my collection.

3-4 Sets of all 4 preview figures at the Fort Union Walmart. I understand what someone meant when they called these guys "Attack of the Cramps"! Ewww. No articulation on Jango, Zams face cloth is cast on and the trooper looks like he is taking a dump... I did buy an R3-T7. The clear dome is great, now I need a Jawa Sandcrawler for all these droids.

I'm going to wait for the next cycle of resculpts for a Jango, Zam and Clone Trooper. How many Qui-gons did I end up buying (at full price)? One. The Naboo Qui Gon with the brown robe.

Good luck to everyone - Hope you can find what you're looking for.

Deanpaul

PS - What about those WalMart ships? When are those going to appear? Wasn't it March sometime?

djedi982
03-14-2002, 04:31 PM
First located in Logan at Walmart. Plenty of all figures

including Clone, Zam and Jango

djedi982
03-14-2002, 04:33 PM
Located in minimal quantities at TRU on Riverdale Rd in Ogden.
No Rebel Troopers

Mandalorian Candidat
03-16-2002, 06:51 PM
I trudged all around today in the hopes of finding something new. Still TONS of Gungans, CGs, etc. at the Orem TRU. Of course they're going to hang around forever like the Mon Mothma wave last year. I think the Eeth Koth sighting there last week was a fluke and we'll never see them. :cry:

Target has since upped the price to $6.88. The funny thing is that all they have are Ketwols. It looks like all the new figures went farther to the north and all the old stuff got sent here.

Pardon me why I cry in my soup...

deanpaul
03-19-2002, 01:13 AM
Subject says it all. 6.99 each, plenty of all except Jango - only one left of him...

Good Luck,

Deanpaul

swatter
03-19-2002, 02:07 PM
I found the entire EPII preview wave today(3/19) on my lunch break at the Super Wal Mart on Bangerter and about 106 South. There were plenty of all four figures there. Also plenty of Ketwols on the pegs too!

jediwolf
03-20-2002, 12:22 AM
anyone have see the starfighter it all?

Mandalorian Candidat
03-20-2002, 10:36 AM
All right! I saw swatters post about preview stuff at K-Mart so I went to the one in Orem. It took me a friggin half hour to find where they hid the SW stuff, but they had all four! It was funny that at first I only saw three right in a row (Jango, Zam, CT; the only three I needed), but then later saw that there were several others except for Jango. I got the last one. I'm not impressed with any of them except for R3. I hope the EP2 collection versions will be much better.

BTW, just about every store I've been to except for KMart has had the Jedi Starfighter.

swatter
03-20-2002, 12:15 PM
I almost didn't buy the Clone Trooper or Jango when I saw them. I was a little disappointed. However, when I showed my seven year old son all four figures those were his favorites of the bunch. He didn't like Zam because she was a girl action figure. I think the droid looks cool and I think Zam looks pretty cool too.

djedi982
03-21-2002, 07:53 AM
I think a petition or something should be started to Hasbro to stop the continuation of these horrible figures. I think they look great, but the playability is horrendous. I saw the Zam wessel inside her speeder and was appauled by the awkwardness of this.

I have really thought about giving up collecting these new figures.
They really bother me.

If Hasbro needs an idea of how these figures need to be made look at the Commtech Stormtrooper, probably the best all around figure they have produced.

I think Hasbro needs to be told how collectors feel. Maybe I am alone on this but it doesnt seem so. It looks like most dont like the way the new figures are going.

deanpaul
03-22-2002, 04:26 PM
7, count 'em, 7 AT-ST at the Sugarhouse TRU at 3:15 Friday afternoon.

Any more luck with the Starfighter? Bo Shek and the droid? Eath?

Should we condsider some sort of cooperative effort for the upcoming Wal*Mart exclusive vehicles? I know I'm concerned about finding those babies...

Good luck, and happy date night expedition to the Sugarhouse TRU!

Deanpaul

Mandalorian Candidat
03-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
BTW, just about every store I've been to except for KMart has had the Jedi Starfighter.

My apologies jediwolf. I thought you meant the Lego Starfighter.

deanpaul, I think that would be a good idea. I'd be willing to get an extra vehicle, figure, etc. if I see it. Maybe we could put something up for Utah only in the SSG classified board on who wants what and who has extras.

Right now I have an extra R3-T7 preview figure to trade, so if anyone wants it, LMK.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-23-2002, 12:07 PM
Hey guys,

I was at the Orem TRU about 5:30 last night and found about ten of the EP1 accessory packs (Sith, Underwater, Tatooine) for 50 cents each. They were pretty banged up so it looks like someone in a warehouse or stockroom found them and stuck them out on the floor.
Other than that, NADA!

Mandalorian Candidat
03-25-2002, 08:25 PM
Still looking for the BoShek, Zutton, and FX-7 waves. I went into the University Mall KB this afternoon. They just got a huge shipment in of various stuff so I asked about any new SW figures. One stocker said they just put out a bunch of stuff, but it was all the Lando wave. BTW, they had about 3-4 black R2s.

I picked one up, and noticed that the receipt had the description of "SW Preview Fig." instead of POTJ or something similar. Looks like they'll be getting in some preview stuff too, but I bet it'll cost $1-2 higher than everybody else.

ThomasLane
03-25-2002, 09:49 PM
I found Zam and the preview R2 at K-Mart in Provo a few days ago. I'm not impressed with Zam. The articulation is crap, her head is too small, and she is barely able to hold her guns. The droid is pretty nice, except that every one that I found had a bent middle foot because of the way they were shoved into the bubble. If this is the quality to expect from Ep.2, then maybe it's time to call it quits.

swatter
03-26-2002, 02:31 PM
I found the Bo Shek wave today on my lunch break at the Wal Mart in Sandy off of State Street by South Towne Mall. There are still Teebos and Bo remaining. There may be some R4s as well behind all the rest of the Landos and Tatooine JJ.

The Target in Sandy had nothing new. Just the usual Shmi, Bespin Guard, 25th Aniv, and Deluxe figs.

deanpaul
03-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Thanks fo rthe tip, swatter. I ran, not walked to that WalMart after seeing your post. Got there at 2:15, and only found Squid Head, Tat JJ and Lando. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Can you believe that?!?!

Feeling lucky, I stopped at the Fort Union WalMart so I would not return home a total disgrace... They had 10 EMPTY pags - no figures in sight at all... Still not beaten, I went to the TRU on State... Over flow of crap figures - too full to put anyone new out even if they had them.

I think I'll sit out for a while now...

Deanpaul

jediwolf
03-27-2002, 11:26 PM
:D Hello guys, I got the jedi starfighter at wal-mart in Springville it is great, they cost $19.76

swatter
03-28-2002, 02:14 PM
EPII Sneak Preview figures found at the Super Wal Mart on Bangerter and about 78 South. Plenty of all four figures. The better news is that the price was 5.88 per figure both old and new. Has anyone seen this price reduction in other Wal Marts around the valley?

Mandalorian Candidat
03-29-2002, 09:52 AM
The Springville W-M has them marked down. I think the pegs actually have the correct price on them. There is another stand which has the original price of $6.44, but they scan at $5.88.

I didn't find any of the Starfighter there yesterday, not even the Lego version which they had is loads about 1-2 weeks ago. I am soooo frustrated. I still am looking for the FX-7/zutton/BoShek waves. If anybody has a figure to trade, LMK. I have an extra R3-T7.

deanpaul
03-29-2002, 05:47 PM
Tried the Park City WalMart for the vehicles today. The really really nice toy department woman told me she had never heard of them, which is both good and bad. Good = I have not missed them, bad = none were in the back. I can be patient.

Figure wise, they had some of each preview (2 Jango, 4 clone, 2 Zam, ? Multiple droids)... AND 2 Bo Shek. I bought one, the other is at the back of the SW pegs behind some Clone Troopers. Didn't know you needed him MC. None of the rest of that wave were around. I really want the green and white R4 droid.

Kay Bee at the outlets had nada.

The Kmart up there is closing. Everything is marked 20-80% off... All their figs were like 5 something with the discount, so basically back to “reasonable”. They had Lando and Tat Jar Jar and one Sabe... If anyone is in the market for those hard to find figures. :)

MC, what would a cooperative effort look like for the WalMart vehicles? I’m willing to pick one up for you if I find them, then charge the receipt price. Would you do the same? We should probably check in here often to avoid a duplicate buy.

BTW, I still have a Swimming Jar Jar for someone in Utah county. Last summer I picked up 2 extra at the TRU 1.97 price and offered them to the board. I forget who got one and who wanted one... I still have it, and it is still up for grabs if someone wants it.

Deanpaul

swatter
03-30-2002, 04:39 PM
I found the Jedi Starfighter at the Orem TRU today. The boxes looked a little beat up and one of them had been opened. The ship was loose in both boxes. It would rattle in the box. Is this how they are shipping this vehicle? I did not buy either of them. I'll wait until I have someone to put in it.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-01-2002, 09:40 AM
I found the Jedi Starfighter at the Orem TRU today. The boxes looked a little beat up and one of them had been opened. The ship was loose in both boxes. It would rattle in the box. Is this how they are shipping this vehicle? I did not buy either of them. I'll wait until I have someone to put in it.

Well, I have to admit to that one. I was the fiend who opened up the box. I went there Friday afternoon after school and found a whole shelf of them. I would have posted it earlier but my parents got into town for Easter so I didn't stop to post anything. I didn't take anything out of the box, I just wanted to see what was rattling around in them.

I ended up getting one of them just because they were new, but I think I'll be taking it back. I think they are pretty cheaply made for $25.

Deanpaul, you offered me the JarJar awhile back, but I never ended up making it to SLC. I'm still interested in it though. I'll look for both the WM ships and get at least one extra one of each for anybody who's interested. I'll just ask for the purchase price + tax back.

jediwolf
04-01-2002, 11:21 PM
Hello Mandalorian Candidat, I will be interested in the two ships if you find them.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Hello Mandalorian Candidat, I will be interested in the two ships if you find them.

OK jediwolf. I'll keep you and deanpaul in mind.

BTW, the Orem TRU still had three Starfighters last night as well as four AT-STs. They are/were on the end rack with all the lovely gungan warriors and Calamari officers. I also noticed the figures were marked down to $5.99.

Still nothing new that I've seen at the Orem WM. I've been hiding four figures at a time now and then to clear the pegs in hopes that the stockers will get motivated and put out some new stuff.

If anybody has extras of the FX-7, BoShek, or Zutton waves I'd be interested in trading or buying them at cost.

deanpaul
04-02-2002, 11:36 AM
Jediwolf and Mandolorian Candidat,

Are we all watching each others back?

I recognize it will increase our odds, but there are some logistics here.

First, I am willing to step outside my comfort zone and buy six vehicles (three of each) on one run despite the appearance of “scalping” - although we all know what is really going on I would still feel very self conscious on that long walk to the register...

Second, are they 20 or 30 bucks each? I think we all agree the price is cost of toy + tax. I’m ok laying out $120 to $180 for plastic knowing I will be reimbursed quickly. My wife would frown on carrying that kind of spending – heck, convincing her that two for me will be tough.

Third, let’s agree that we meet wherever the toys are – I find them in SLC, you guys hoof it up here. You score in Utah county, I’ll get my recommend out and drive down. You need one of those to get into Utah county, right? ;)

Fourth, I need to know you guys are serious about taking care of me if you find these babies. I drove to Fort Union and Park City WalMarts at 9pm last night looking. I even talked to the manager at the PC store, and a guy looked in the back for me. I’m serious about not getting scalped on these two ships, are you?

Any other logistics I’m overlooking?

MC – When we meet to do this deal, the Swimming Jar Jar is yours. If this deal goes bust, he’s still yours – we just need to find another reason to get together.

Deanpaul

jediwolf
04-02-2002, 12:50 PM
:) Hello guys I just got the 12"AOTC set at Wal mart in Orem only set do.
daen paul I will buy them form you if you get them and I meet you any where you want and the same gos for Mandalorian Candidat

Mandalorian Candidat
04-02-2002, 01:08 PM
I'm in agreement guys. I think it only fair that whoever finds the stuff shouldn't have to travel to deliver it. If I get it it'll be the straight cost+tax. No finders fee or any other extra cost. I'm just hoping that if I can't find something that eventually someone else will be able to get it and I won't have to run around trying to find it (although sometimes that is half the fun).

Another thing, don't worry about feeling obligated on coming down if I find something, buy it, and then you find it the next day or so on. I always keep the receipts so I can take them back later if needs be.

DP, as for the JJ, I'm really sorry if I gave you the run around about that. I don't actually have a reason for going up to SLC in the near future (but I may go to the E Center on Wed. for the Grizz game). If you can hold on to it for a little while longer, that's OK with me.

If you guys want, I can put you on my buddy list and pm you my "wish list" in case you find what I want. You can do the same for me and I'll put an eye out for anything besides the TIE/B and snowspeeder.

deanpaul
04-03-2002, 08:49 AM
Whoo – hooo!

I went to the Union Park WalMart looking for the exclusives this morning at 7am. Psychotic, I know. I went on a tip from another forum that they had the Jedi Starfighter in the models section... So I figured it would not be a total waste.

Well, much to my surprise, in the usual empty SW peg area they had filled one of the ATOC collections.

They had:

Super Battle Droid
Amidala Arena
R2-D2
C3-PO
Kit Fisto
Obi-Wan Chase
Anakin Peasant
NO EXCLUSIVES

I bought one (1) of everyone except Anakin, and the last Jedi Starfighter from the models section. Gotta start combing each aisle for the exclusives if they’re going to pull that crap. :)

And because I am your friend, stashed one set on the shelf above the Dragonballz. I had some reservation about stashing, but figured I would be posting before anyone went there today. It’s now 7:45. Get going!

MC – No worries about the Swimming Jar Jar. You didn’t ask me to get it, it only cost 2 bucks and I’m not sweating the storage. You did not leave me hanging too badly, just nice to know who it goes to and that it is still wanted.

Deanpaul

swatter
04-03-2002, 09:24 AM
How much were the figures and how much was the starfighter?

deanpaul
04-03-2002, 10:18 AM
Swatter,

WalMart figs = $5.88

WalMart Jedi Starfighter = $19.76

My EP II total: 6 figs and fighter $58.67 with tax.

Deanpaul

deanpaul
04-03-2002, 10:20 AM
MC,

Sorry, I missed part of your post. The buddy and wish list sounds good. I have never used it, so I will need to set one up.

Deanpaul

deanpaul
04-05-2002, 09:14 AM
... And I scored the exclusives!

Alright, Shimi is no big deal but I did find one Snowspeeder in a really beat box at the Riverdale WalMart yesterday afternoon, it was the only one in sight.

This morning at the Union Park WalMart, on the top shelf above the SW pegs, they had two Snowspeeders and two TIE Bombers. I bought the extras for MC and Jediwolf as we’ve discussed here – I’ll pm you both my contact info to set up the pick up. Since there is only one spare TIE, I suggest a “jump ball” approach with the ship going to the first to arrive. Total with tax was $32.95.

Swatter, were you able to score the EP II figures I posted about? They were gone from the stash, so I don’t feel so bad about sticking them up on the shelf, I’d just like to know if someone here was able to use the info.

Deanpaul

jediwolf
04-05-2002, 07:13 PM
:) Hello dean paul , what time you want to meet tomorrwo this is my E-mail tjvwolf@cs.com

jediwolf
04-05-2002, 07:18 PM
:)dean paul if you Like I cant meet you today or like I said tomorrow,and by way thankyou

swatter
04-06-2002, 03:38 PM
DP,

I couldn't justify leaving work to buy the figs in the morning. I went a little later on in the day and everything was gone except for one lone Shmi. All I can say is there were a lot of "people" swarming around the action figure aisles. Thanks for trying though. I'll wait until the 23rd to pic them up.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-06-2002, 05:38 PM
Hey deanpaul, thanks for getting the WM exclusives. I totally lucked out and found a lone snowspeeder yesterday at the Orem WM. I was talking with a manager (the store manager?) who was in the toy dept. about the SW situation there. I asked him about having any figures in the back or when they'd be getting any more in and he said "All we got was some of these things last night" while pointing to a lone speeder on a girl toy aisle which someone tried to hide but did a horrible job.

I'd like to get the TIE Bomber, but if JW shows up before me give it to him.

I was actually up in your neck of the woods today, but totally forgot to get your address or number until I was up in Sandy.

I checked the AF WM (nada but some odd figures), the Sandy store (tons of Lando wave minus R2), and the Ft. Union one but all they had was that famous last Shmi. There was a stocker cleaning up the shelves so I asked about figure availability. He said not until April 23rd, but since he has Down's I'm not sure he has the whole story straight.

I think I'm going to send deanpaul, swatter, and jediwolf a wish list of non AOTC stuff just in case you find extras to pick me up some. If you all want to do the same to me and each other, I'll pick up whatever I can get. Just see the posts from earlier this week on what deanpaul and I expect, though.

Keep you guys posted.

swatter
04-07-2002, 12:06 PM
MC,

That sounds like a good idea. Count me in. The two main items that I am looking for are the:

** Tie Bomber
** Snow Speeder

I followed the agreement outlined in earlier posts and that sounds fair. I live in AF and work in Riverton so I am centrally located between Orem/Provo and SL. What is everyone else looking for?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2002, 07:08 PM
I guess if you don't post in a thread about every day it gets shoved to the back page!

Anyways, I looked around this afternoon and found only four more Jedi Starfighters at the Orem TRU. The were out of AT-STs. If anyone wants one, let me know and I'll try to pick one up tomorrow.

djedi982
04-11-2002, 09:34 AM
Has anyone heard if any of the Utah Walmarts TrUs or Targets are going to have a midnight sale on the 23rd for EPII toys?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2002, 09:50 AM
I don't know about the TRUs or Targets, but the W-M supercenters will be open at midnight, so that may be the best bet to find stuff.

djedi982
04-11-2002, 08:09 PM
At the West Valley TRU they had two ATSTs and loads of fx7 Rebel Trooper wave and tons of sneak preview figures.

TRU dropped fig prices to 5.99 for basics

Mandalorian Candidat
04-12-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by djedi982
At the West Valley TRU they had two ATSTs and loads of fx7 Rebel Trooper wave and tons of sneak preview figures.

TRU dropped fig prices to 5.99 for basics

Hey, if they have any more can you pick me up some? A bunch of us on this thread are trying to start out some kind of network where we get stuff for each other without having to resort to scalping or buying from online retailers at inflated prices. If you want in, let us know.

djedi982
04-12-2002, 11:50 AM
Sure just let me know what you need.

I can cover the west side ie west jordan west valley taylorsville

I usually go to walmart everyday, target every week and kmart twice a month.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-12-2002, 08:31 PM
All I have to say is WOW! I stopped by the Orem TRU today and found TONS of the FX-7 and Preview Figures waves. I couldn't believe how much stuff they had! I could have filled a swimming pool with all the stuff.

Thanks for the post djedi. I stopped by TRU today hoping that all the Utah stores got the same shipments. I talked with deanpaul today and he mentioned that another one had a bunch of stuff too (was it Sugarhouse?).

Anyways, I got more than one set of the FX-7 wave, so if anybody's interested I have sets I can either trade or just flat out sell to you, I'm just asking for the purchase price+tax, that's all. Let me know and I'll hold on to it for you.

deanpaul
04-12-2002, 08:38 PM
I saw the FX-7 wave at the Riverdale TRU near Ogden today. About three or four of each.

Great to meet you today Mandalorian Candidat, glad to get that Jar Jar outta here, as you could see I need all the storage space I can get while the house is torn apart. ;)

Thanks for the list offer - off the top of my head I know the green R4 unit, Eeth, and Teebo are the easy to find types... My hard to find without shelling out a lot of cash include Motti, Piett and the Naboo Royal Guard with the removable helmet. I open everything, so card quality is not terribly important, but some attention to tidy paint details is nice...

Deanpaul

jediwolf
04-12-2002, 11:19 PM
:) Hello guys, I'm glad that you found the f-x7 wave. I was wondering if any of you would sell me the imperial officer? I would really appericiate it.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-13-2002, 12:01 AM
jediwolf,

No problem. I got it for $5.99 so I would just ask for cost and tax which totals $6.27. Send me a PM when you want to come get it.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-13-2002, 11:54 PM
Hey guys,

I had a really great weekend! Not only did I get a free cell phone+service from a radio station promotion but I got to add plentifully to my SW collection! I found the entire FX-7 wave at the Orem TRU on Friday, was able to complete my EP1 collection Friday evening (thanks to deanpaul), and found a ton of AOTC stuff at the Orem Wal-Mart.

I totally couldn't believe it when I found all the stuff. I walked over to the pegs and found just Ketwol and Co. After clearing off all the riff raff toys that had been placed on top of the 25th Ann. figure sets I found a Kit Fisto underneath. I just freaked out and started scanning all the shelves and pegs to see if someone had grabbed all the other stuff but had stashed a few things. My seven-year-old son then saw a bunch of stuff on the top two shelves. We pulled it all down and found all four deluxe figures (Mace Windu, Dooku, Jango Fett, Obi-Wan), Peasant Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Kit Fisto, R2, and Threepio. There were a bunch left, but I'm pretty sure they pulled them all before I left the store.

The cashiers wouldn't let me buy them because they were marked "Sale Not Allowed" but after wrangling with a manager they relented. The coolest thing? They even charged me $5.88 for the deluxe figures, which are supposed to be more like $7.

Hope to see you guys (at least the ones around Provo/Orem) at the Midnight Madness sale. BTW, the Provo FanForce is reporting that the Orem TRU won't be open that night. Anyone know for sure?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-17-2002, 10:13 AM
Just stopped off at the Orem WM this morning to see what was going on and I happened to find a lone BoShek. Not the whole wave, just one figure. It looks like someone may have returned one and it got put out on the peg this morning. It's a pretty sweet figure.

I'll keep on the lookout for more for the rest of you guys.

BTW, I went by the Provo Shopko, and Orem Fred Meyer and KMart. Nada. I don't see how ShopKo stays in business. All their Lego sets are $4-7 higher than anywhere else. No wonder those stores are always empty.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-19-2002, 10:32 AM
My wife went to the Orem WM yesterday and found a bunch of Snowspeeders, but alas, no TIEs. The ships were on the clearance aisle on the back side of the aisle with the SW figures up on the top shelf.

She also went by the Springville WM and didn't find anything there.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-19-2002, 06:25 PM
Another update.

I went by the Orem TRU this afternoon and it looks like they got in more of the FX-7 wave. Of course the Imperial Officers and Rebel Troopers were all gone. They will NOT be open for MM.

The Orem WM still had two snowspeeders. One is on the top shelf by the Spiderman stuff in the aisle behind the SW figures. I hid the second one on the aisle behind that one where the stuffed animals are. It's also on the top shelf, but not hidden very well. Help yourself!

swatter
04-19-2002, 08:23 PM
MC,

Thanks for the tips. I went down to the Orem TRU after reading your first post about your wife's find. When I got to Wal Mart I didn't see any speeders. Needless to say I was a little disappointed. However, after a little searching I finally saw the boxes on the top shelf. I picked one and went to the checkout hoping there wouldn't be any problems trying to buy it. The checker asked if it was for me or my kids. Of course I told him it was for the kids (wink, wink). I also went to TRU since I was in the neighborhood and the only new figs were rows and rows of FX-7 medical droid and Amidala Travel. I am still hoping to track down a Tie Bomber hopefully on the 23rd. I haven't seen the Eeth Koth wave except for the ones I saw a couple of weeks ago at TRU. And I have only seen the Bo Shek wave once at the Wal Mart in Sandy. I'll keep my eyes open for those two waves as we get closer to the 23rd. Thanks again for awesome tip.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-21-2002, 11:07 PM
Good. I glad you found one. BTW, do you have any info on MM at the Orem WM, like where they're going to put out the figures or possibly what time Monday night/Tuesday morning?

swatter
04-22-2002, 09:24 AM
Sorry, I don't have any idea. I checked Wal Mart in AF this morning on my way to work to see if anything had been put out prematurely. All they had was one Lando and JJ Tat on the pegs.

djedi982
04-22-2002, 11:52 AM
It looks like TRU isnt going to have MM but here is some info:

Murray no MM but will be open @ 8:30 am and have tons of stuff

West Valley no MM open @ 8:00 am pallets of stuff

Sugarhouse no MM open @ 8:00 am pallets and pallets of stuff

Orem no MM open @ 9:30 am

This all came from the employees at these stores so...

Boo to TRU in Utah.
Half the fun of these MM is the atmosphere of all the Star Wars Geeks(which I am one of) and knowing youre not the only person crazy enough to stand in line at midnight for toys.

Hunting Season Is Upon Us boys time to have fun again.

Happy Hunting

NO FIGHTING jk

Jedi Drew
04-22-2002, 12:21 PM
Sorry, I'm not from Utah but to FYI you that the one TRU here in Cleveland, OH. is gonna open up at 6:30 on Tue. the 23rd. Maybe give your TRU another call and see if they will be opening early. Just a thought???? Happy Hunting..........

Mandalorian Candidat
04-22-2002, 02:20 PM
Yeah, what's up with TRU in UT? Don't they realize that they'll be losing out from all the MM'ers going to WM instead? If I get anything at TRU it'll just be something I couldn't get at WM, and that would probably be only one or two figures.

swatter
04-23-2002, 09:33 AM
I scored the Tie Bomber this morning at the AF Wal Mart. I got there a little after 7am this morning and there were a bunch of collectors there. Everyone was well-behaved and helping everyone else find stuff. There were also a couple of Wal Mart associates helping people find merchandise. They were going to the back and bringing cases out. When I got there my only real priority was to find the Tie Bomber. Unfortunately, there were none on the shelves and I assumed that they had already been taken. I asked one of the associates if they had any and she said yes but was not putting anything out until tomorrow because there was no space. I asked her nicely if I could get one now and she said I'll be right back. She came back with another pallet and a box of snowspeeders and Tie Bombers. She did not have to worry about space because the entire box was gone in a matter of seconds. So if you don't see any POTJ at Wal Mart it may still be in the back. It may not hurt to ask either.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Good idea swatter. I was told that they put them out at the Springville WM last night, but sadly they were all gone when I went in this morning.

I was pretty fortunate last night. I got everything except for four figs, which was a lot better than most people. I got the rest this morning except for Dooku, but he'll come out in scads soon enough.

jediwolf, did you manage to get a Dooku last night? I saw you rifling through the unopened cases for something. :)

swatter
04-23-2002, 02:43 PM
The Wal Mart in AF had quite a few Dooku's both the single carded and deluxe.

jediwolf
04-23-2002, 07:53 PM
Hello, MC I got all the figures last night, and today WM in AF had 6 Dooku's but I stop by at 1:00 pm and they all gone, the K-mart in SF had the teebo wave by the way, the associate I ask about the tie bomber at WM in AF she was realy nasty, so I still looking

swatter
04-24-2002, 09:22 AM
JW,

When I asked about the Tie Bomber at the AF Wal Mart the associate said that she was going to put out more today(24 Aug). She wasn't even planning on putting it out yesterday but brought the one box out because I asked for it. You might want to check again today.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-24-2002, 10:52 AM
JW,

When I asked about the Tie Bomber at the AF Wal Mart the associate said that she was going to put out more today(24 Aug). She wasn't even planning on putting it out yesterday but brought the one box out because I asked for it. You might want to check again today.

swatter, I just called over to AF WM and they said there was absolutely none left. The Orem WM toy mgr. checked their system and said they never got any in and are not scheduled to get any more. Looks like I'm getting shut out on this one.

Hey, does anyone have an extra non-deluxe Dooku they could part with? I have a Royal Guard and an extra Taun We if anyone wants to make a trade for either one. Or if they just want to sell it to me.

deanpaul
04-24-2002, 11:59 AM
Hey, don't forget your pal in the North when you spot those Teebo and R4-M9 units on the shelves. Still looking for those babies and starting to sweat missing them with all the EPII stuff around. Anyone care to help a brother out?

Got most of what I wanted at the Union Park Wal-Mart and the Sugar House TRU yesterday. I don't buy everything, just what I like. I liked quite a bit yesterday. I bought maybe 9 3 3/4" that I had not found on that Wal-Mart "oops" day. I even (finally) found an Eeth at the TRU so I can take that off my "need" list.

Talked to a few guys about the forum, general consensus = many readers but few posters. Here's a shout out to my new buds Jason and Andrew. Hope you guys will register, I can use all the help I can get these days. Hope you found the Dex and Warrior you were looking for Jason.

I scored a Royal Guard at the Layton Wal-Mart this morning - saw two others there with the Yoda/Dooku wave just being restocked... Still looking for the Warrior fig... Not much to report at the Riverdale Wal-Mart... Centerville Target, WC KMart and Parley's KMart all sucking eggs.

Interesting to see who is becoming a shelf warmer already...

Don't forget me now when you see those Teebo and R4 figs!

Deanpaul

PS - Anyone else having a problem with Hanger Anikin's arm falling off ALL THE TIME? Maybe it's a bad magnet - Zam's works alright, but I think I would have prefered a sturdier ball and socket connection.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-24-2002, 12:38 PM
deanpaul, I'm still looking for the Teebo and Zutton waves. If I find any I'll holler at ya'.

For the armless ani figure, try scraping off some of the paint covering the magnet. It may make better contact that way.

deanpaul
04-24-2002, 12:51 PM
MC,

Do you need Eeth and Zutton? If you do, I should be able to make a stop this afternoon and cover you.

Let me know.

Deanpaul

swatter
04-24-2002, 03:34 PM
MC,

I checked the AF Wal Mart at lunch time today to see if there were any Tie Bombers on the shelves. I found three snowspeeders but no Tie Bombers. I'll keep looking though.

DP,

There's a K-Mart on Bangerter just north of the Super Wal Mart I think around 60th South. They had the Warrior figure there yesterday. The Kmart doesn't look like it gets hit very often so you might want to try there.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-24-2002, 04:42 PM
MC,

I checked the AF Wal Mart at lunch time today to see if there were any Tie Bombers on the shelves. I found three snowspeeders but no Tie Bombers. I'll keep looking though.

I called the AF and Springville WMs up and asked about them. They checked the SKU against their stock and said that they may have them in stock, but that they were probably speeders since they couldn't distinguish between them in the computer. One guy looked on the shelves at AF around 11 and said they were out. I personally talked to both toy mgrs. at the Orem and SV stores and they said they didn't have anymore. The Orem store got stood up and never got any at all.

If someone finds one and can grab one for me, I'd be obliged

Mandalorian Candidat
04-24-2002, 04:48 PM
Shoot, I almost forgot why I got on this thread. I just found out today that R.A. Salvatore is coming to Utah in May to sign copies of the EP2 book. There were notices in the BYU bookstore that he'll be there on 5/17 (the day after the movie release). I checked on his website and found out that he'll be there at 11 AM. I asked around about the bookbuying policy for signings and was told that we don't have to buy the book there for him to sign it.

Also, he's going to be in Colorado Springs, the Ft. Union Media Play on 5/16 at 7, and the Bountiful library (I think) on 5/17 at 4.

jediwolf
04-24-2002, 11:50 PM
:confused: I was wondering if anyone bought the Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber? If so, have you had any problems with it?
I bought one and it didn't work. I took it back to the store and got a new one, but it didn't work either. I was just wondering if I'm the only unlucky one out there.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Hey guys. I went to the Orem Target to return some figs. and found that they had put out a lot more stuff, including the Lego Yoda statue and the Tantive IV ship. They also must have put out the C2 case w/Royal Guard because there was one Taun We left which only comes in that case. Since I already have him/her, I hid it in the store for someone else to find. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll tell you where it is so you can grab it for yourself.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-26-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, I went on a road trip today with my family up to Logan for some business. I took a cell phone along and called up a few WMs to find out about TIE/B availability. The one in Layton said they had one in stock, but couldn't find it because it was probably hidden.

I got there, hunted around, and couldn't find one anywhere. I found an employee and asked her about it. She said this one last unit pops up and then disappears, only to be found again by an employee hidded somewhere in the store. She went over by the pool supplies and said that was a favorite hiding spot. I noticed two pools sticking out more than the rest, so I removed them and, voila, found a TIE Bomber. What a cool find. The worker said she hoped the sneak who hid it comes back soon to find it gone.

Anyways, this same store has tons of Clonetroopers, Hangar Ani, and Zams.

swatter
05-03-2002, 09:29 AM
Target has some good deals on old POTJ stuff. Picked up Leia with sail barge cannon for 3.94. I also picked up the 25th anniversary sets for 3.94. And basic figs were 1.54. Not bad if you are looking to find some older stuff.

I also wanted to get our thread back on the main page.

jediwolf
05-03-2002, 05:05 PM
:p Hello guys. I just got my movie tickets for the 16 and the 17

Mandalorian Candidat
05-03-2002, 11:27 PM
I finally found the Eeth Koth and Zutton wave today at the Orem TRU. Looks like it was raided before I got there as there were only a few left.

The last time they had anything new, other people had reported their TRUs getting the same shipment about the same time. Anyone else find them today at the other TRUs?

Mandalorian Candidat
05-07-2002, 02:43 PM
Well, I picked up my tix for the 18th at the Provo Mall theaters. The 3:30 show is sold out so I had to settle for 12:15. BTW, all the shows on the 16th are sold out except for the one at 1 AM. The guy at the box office said there is a good chance they will ad another screen for the movie in the next couple of days. However, the one they are selling the tix for right now is the main theater with the biggest screen.

Anyone know about the Scera theater? Any presells there?

Mandalorian Candidat
05-07-2002, 02:44 PM
Just another quick note. I was just at the KB toys in the Provo Mall. They have all the figures marked down to $5.99 (no new ones) and they just put out a case of preview figs. However, they're charging $6.99 for these. Go figure.

swatter
05-07-2002, 05:18 PM
I hate KayBees. They never have any good stuff in stock and what they do have is way over priced. Not to mention the cramped feeling you get when you walk into the store. It is almost like Luke's training on Dagobah when he goes into the tree/cave. You half expect to see Darth Vader come around one the cramped Kay Bee aisles to try and lop off your noggin'.

jediwolf
05-08-2002, 12:44 AM
:D That's funny, Swatter!!!

count poodooku
05-08-2002, 09:28 PM
I noticed your thread earlier about needing Tie Bombers. Does anyone from Utah County still need one? I have an extra, and may have access to another. I do need a couple figures, so if someone has extras, I need: Count Dooku (2), AOTC Royal Guard, the Fx-7 wave, Darktrooper, Sio Bibble, and a Freeze frame Gamorrean Guard. Can anyone help me out? Just so one of you might remember me, I was at the AF Wal Mart on April 24 at 7am and I was wearing scrubs. I have also traded with Deanpaul. Let me know if I can help. Thanks.

jediwolf
05-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Hello Count Poodooku, are you willing to sale the tie bomber and how much?

deanpaul
05-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Hey Count Poodooku, I remember meeting you in Provo when I was working on that film project - the Swimming Jar Jar right? But I cannot remember what your old user name was! Help me out here, what were you called before Count Poodooku? Nice name by the way.

I know someone still looking for the Bomber - if you find you "have access to another" besides the one Jediwolf wants. Let me know. I can vouch for Jediwolf - he drove up to Salt Lake to pick up a couple of things I had found for him - really nice guy.

Great to have all these old members returning... Now we just need to get "The Collector" back. :)

Deanpaul

count poodooku
05-09-2002, 09:19 PM
My old name was minibottle (another collection of mine). Do either of you have extras of the figures that I need? I really need some of them. If not, I will still sell them for cost. $32. Sound alright? I will go check and see if that other one is available.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Oh, hey minibottle. I remember you. Why has it been so long since your last post.

If you're interested in the FX-7 wave, the TRU in Orem has had it for a while now. I'll keep an eye out for the AOTC Royal Guard for you, but I doubt the FF GG and Sio will ever show up again.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-10-2002, 03:52 PM
Just stopped by the Orem TRU during lunch to see what was up. As soon as I walked in I saw the Dooku figure staring dead on at me. What could I do but take him home with me. I looked around for others, but it looks like they were all gone. They had also put out tons of Hangar Anis, and a few RGs, LUs, and TWs. They'll probably go quick. No sign of any newer stuff though.

count poodooku
05-11-2002, 09:50 AM
I have both Tie Bombers, if Jediwolf and Deanpaul's friend still want them. Email me at Addamsclan@aol.com. I live in AF and work in Provo, if one location is more convenient for you to pick it up. $32 minus the cost of any figures you might have to help me.

deanpaul
05-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Count Poodooku, YOU ROCK!

Thanks for helping me out with the TIE Bomber. I'll email you to arrange a pick up.

Not much to report - been busy with the remodel and not looking much. I'm going to Minneapolis this week, hoping to fing the Teebo wave there. Anyone else still looking for those?

Deanpaul

jediwolf
05-11-2002, 07:16 PM
:) heelo guys ,I fund the last two waves -Luke and Qui at WM in Price. and I got two Royal Guards and one Luminara Unduli if any one want them

count poodooku
05-12-2002, 10:28 AM
My brother finally scored a royal guard figure, so he can be axed from my list. Still need Count Dooku. Has he been seen anywhere? I bought my tickets for AOTC for Sat the 18th, and my neighbor won tickets to the midnight show Thursday morning, AND GAVE THEM TO ME!!! Can you believe it? See you at the Water Gardens.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-13-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by count poodooku
Still need Count Dooku.

Yeah, I found him Friday at the Orem, TRU. Last one left as far as I could tell.

swatter
05-14-2002, 02:29 PM
The latest Bespin wave is showing up in force at TRU. I found the wave at the Midvale and West Valley stores. This is the wave with the Final Battle Jango Fett and Closed Eyes Mace. I talked with one of the stockers at TRU who seemed pretty up to date on Star Wars and he said that he had thousands of figures in the back. The only wave he was short on was the Dooku and Yoda wave but he said that the shipments keep coming in. I haven't found them yet except for April 23rd but eventually they will be everywhere.

jediwolf
05-17-2002, 10:31 PM
:) Hello guys, today I got the 12" Jango Fett at TRU in Orem and they had the Dooku wave, at target in Orem they had the Luke and Qui-Gon waves

THE 12" JANGO FETT IS ONE OF THE BEST 12" figures

swatter
05-21-2002, 02:13 PM
I found the Darth and Luke Bespin wave at the TRU on State Street in Midvale/Murray. TRU also had Count Dooku. There were at least 4-5 of them on the pegs. Unfortunately, there were no Yodas to be found.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-21-2002, 05:38 PM
When did you find them at TRU, swatter? How often does that store get shipments?

count poodooku
05-21-2002, 09:12 PM
I went to the Orem TRU today and got 3/4 of the FX-7 wave. While I was there I asked the girl at the Customer Service desk if I could have the poster that they are supposed to be giving away this week. I was disappointed when she handed me a Star Wars Lego poster. I told her that I was under the impression that their poster would have all of this years figures on it. She told me that a few other people had mentioned that to her. But, unfortunately that was the only poster they had to hand out. Anyone else have that problem, or can anyone snag me the poster we are supposed to get? Seen the Eeth Koth wave?

swatter
05-22-2002, 09:32 AM
MC,

I picked him up on my lunch break yesterday(21 May). They seem to get shipments around the same time that the Orem store gets theirs. I have watched the posts of finds for the Orem store which usually corresponds to the shipments at the State Street TRU.

DahrJin
05-22-2002, 09:41 AM
Anyone finding the Bloody hand version of Luke Bespin?

I've been looking here up north and can't even find a non-bloody version.

Closest I came to getting him was at the Riverdale TRU. The kid stocking the SW figs asked me what I was looking for, and when I told him Luke, he said he just put some out. So he starts thumbing through the pegs with me, but there were none. He even looked in the back(never know for sure if he really looked) but he came back and said they were all gone.

All I'm looking for now is a couple Royal Gaurds, Bloody Luke and a Palpatine.

Hope you guys have better luck in the SLC area than I've been having in Ogden/Layton.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-22-2002, 11:05 AM
I went to the Orem TRU today and got 3/4 of the FX-7 wave. While I was there I asked the girl at the Customer Service desk if I could have the poster that they are supposed to be giving away this week. I was disappointed when she handed me a Star Wars Lego poster. I told her that I was under the impression that their poster would have all of this years figures on it. She told me that a few other people had mentioned that to her. But, unfortunately that was the only poster they had to hand out. Anyone else have that problem, or can anyone snag me the poster we are supposed to get? Seen the Eeth Koth wave?

Sorry count, I just have to laugh. I was there yesterday around 6 PM and they had the box of figure posters. I was asking about them, when I spotted the comic book on the counter. Then I mentioned that the figure poster was supposed to ship together. She looked down and saw a box labeled "SW figure poster" so she ripped one out for me.

They were really picky about giving them to me. They said I had to buy something to get them. I was so ticked cause I've bought so much stuff there. Luckily I had a TRU receipt in the car so they gave me one of each.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-22-2002, 11:06 AM
I almost forgot to post this. Orem KB had the Euro version of the Falumpaset (?) and wagon for $9.99. They also had a couple of pegs of EP1 action fleet on totally mint cards.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2002, 11:52 AM
Hey guys,

I found the Orn wave today at the Orem Target when they opened. They only had two Endor Troopers, one Massiff, and one Qui-Gon. No Orn, Dooku, or the Vader/Luke wave. The employees must have either scavenged the rest of the case or they were gone last night.

jediwolf
05-23-2002, 10:14 PM
:) Hello guys, the KB in Provo Mall had the Qui-Gon wave and so the WM in AF, the K- mart in AF had 3 12" Jango Fett

count poodooku
05-25-2002, 12:50 AM
Well, I ended up getting my TRU poster and Count Dooku. Anyone seen Eeth, Rebel Trooper, Luke or Vader (Duel) lately? I also saw the Massif wave at AF Wal-Mart.

ThomasLane
05-27-2002, 09:33 AM
Orem TRU usually has a few rebel troopers (they had several on Sat.).

ThomasLane
05-27-2002, 09:36 AM
I bought a Dooku there last Wednesday, and they had the posters. It seems that the guys who work the video game registers are a lot more knowledgable that the regular cashiers, and that is where they were keeping the posters. If in doubt, go to the video games section.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-29-2002, 10:30 AM
I went to the Orem TRU on Mem. Day and they didn't have any of that wave there. In fact I was talking to an employee last Thurs. about the possibility of them getting new stuff in. He looked up their inventory and they have about 3K of individual figures in the store. To me it sounded like they wouldn't be getting any new stuff in for a long time. I guess it's just hidden in the back with all the OB1/Padme/Ani cases.

Yesterday the Orem WM had some Qui-Gons and bearded Endor Soldiers, but I left them since I already had them.

I went to Mesa Verde in Colorado over the weekend. There's a little town called Cortez nearby and they have a WM supercenter. No kidding, they have a shelf just stocked full of TIE Bombers and Snowspeeders. It looks like they have zero collectors there. I was able to snatch an R2-Q5 there. Funny thing, it scanned up as "RD-D2 PAINTED BLACK."

metaljedi
05-29-2002, 10:33 PM
Anybody find SC Palpatine and Puhr?? All the Walmarts up here have scarce figure on the pegs.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-30-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by metaljedi
Anybody find SC Palpatine and Puhr?? All the Walmarts up here have scarce figure on the pegs.

Guys in CO have been reporting them on the pegs, but I don't think they've made it to UT yet, or at least in any appreciable amounts.

I finally found Orn this morning at Orem WM. There was one ERS left. I stopped by the Orem KB yesterday and they had jack squat.

I still have yet to find Vader, Luke, and Mace. Got the Jango though at Orem WM.

metaljedi
06-03-2002, 11:17 PM
I still havent found Palpatine or Puhr. If any of you guys find any snag em and I'll take them off your hands :)

DahrJin
06-04-2002, 08:35 AM
I've been looking, metaljedi, but still no luck. I even went to the out of the way stores like Hastings in north Ogden (snagged a royal gaurd there) and to Kings in Clearfield, but no new figures anywhere just yet. :(

Mandalorian Candidat
06-04-2002, 02:33 PM
I agree, it's been tough to find even the Bespin wave for me. It seems like the glut of 4/23 figures is really taking its toll on new waves appearing.

swatter
06-04-2002, 03:14 PM
I found the remains of the Endor Rebel Scout wave at the Wal Mart in Sandy. I know others have already found this wave but has anyone seen the figs priced at 4.77? I was surprised when the cash register rang up the Endor Rebel Scout at that price. Has anyone seen this pricing at other Wal Marts in the valley(North or South)?

DahrJin
06-04-2002, 05:08 PM
swatter, no, last time I bought any SAGA figures at WallyWorld, they rang up at the regular price. I might have to go and check it out this week and see if the price has dropped though. Might get lucky and find something I want and who knows maybe even somrthing new.....:D

metaljedi
06-05-2002, 01:27 AM
I went to the Super Walmart in North Ogden/Harrisville and found the figures down to 4.77 a pop. Too bad I didnt find any new figures so I bought the last two I needed to "complete" my Saga collection so far...Capt. Typho and Battel Droid. They did however have some Royal Guards. Now I have to see if the one in Riverdale still has the Luminara that needs opening :)

swatter
06-05-2002, 09:18 AM
RebelScum and Yak Face are reporting that Target has also lowered their prices to 4.99. Has anyone seen this in the state?

metaljedi
06-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Went to the Walmart in Riverdale and they didnt have the figures marked down they were still 5.88 :( I didnt go to Target so I don't know if they are marked down as well. I'm assuming they are.

metaljedi
06-05-2002, 08:23 PM
Also forgot to say I went to the KB in the Newgate Mall looking for Han,Chewie and Obi and came across a SLEW of Yodas,Dookus, and Ani Hanger Duels so if anyone needs these figures they have them there in abundance. No new figures of course. :(

Mandalorian Candidat
06-06-2002, 10:19 AM
RebelScum and Yak Face are reporting that Target has also lowered their prices to 4.99. Has anyone seen this in the state?

I was just at the Orem Target this morning and they were all $4.99. They had the complete Orn wave. I got an extra Massiff to trade.

Anyone have a bloody stump Luke they want to trade for a Massiff?

swatter
06-06-2002, 02:11 PM
I found the Massiff wave at Wal Mart and the Target in Sandy off of State street. They were priced at 4.77 and 4.99 respectively. However, I did not find Palpatine at either location. It seems this wave is starting to show up in force in the SL valley.

metaljedi
06-06-2002, 07:28 PM
I found the new Deluxe wave (Nexu is awesome) at the Harrisville Walmart today as well as the last remaining Orn Free Taa wave (1 Endor Solider, 1 Orn Free Taa).

Mandalorian Candidat
06-07-2002, 10:39 AM
I was at the Orem WM last night and found the whole Orn wave for $4.77. I just took mine back and got the difference returned. They also have tons of the Nexu and Deluxe Anakin, but no C-3PO yet.

Also, I haven't seen the Bespin wave except for two JFFBs. What's up? Are we getting skipped over or something?

metaljedi
06-07-2002, 02:51 PM
The TRU in Ogden had all of the Bespin Wave and still had Jango, Mace and Vader left this afternoon.

jediwolf
06-07-2002, 05:47 PM
:) Hello guys, the WM in Sandy have tons Nexu and Ani, MC the WM in Orem had the Luke wave monday

metaljedi
06-08-2002, 12:13 AM
Any chance of anybody having an extra Supreme Chancellor Palpatine or Djas Puhr?? I need them both and have yet to see them in the stores up here.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-10-2002, 02:41 PM
:) Hello guys, the WM in Sandy have tons Nexu and Ani, MC the WM in Orem had the Luke wave monday

Holy crap! I keep getting passed over for the Luke wave. I've only seen the Jango and could care less about him.

Looks like all the Nexus and Deluxe Anis were gone by this morning at the Orem WM.

I was able to take a ton of receipts back to TRU, Target, and WM to get the price differences back. I think so far I've gotten about $20 back with another $10 to go. :)

metaljedi
06-12-2002, 03:27 AM
There were more Deluxe Anakins and Nexus at the Harrisville Super Walmart STILL no Palpatine or Puhr. Im getting kind of peeved over this. Mandalorian Candidat I have an extra Non Bloody Luke Bespin if you need him. If you have anything to trade for him that would be great.

metaljedi
06-13-2002, 02:01 PM
Found 2 Han Solo Endor Raids at the Harrisville Super Walmart. If anyone has the Chewbacca Cloud City figure I'd be willing to trade a Han for him. Thanks!