PDA

View Full Version : How Many?

Darthvader7677
04-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey all,

Okay just off hand. How many figures (carded or loose) do you guys and gals own. List in any order (exp. Newest to older, older to newest,) Just try to make a guess. I just want to know. List everything you want. Thanks for your time.

Patient Zero
04-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Ugh! Well as far as the figures go about 198 MOC and 50 loose of the 'new batch', and 2 MOC and 40 loose vintage.

mark2d2
04-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Egads. The idea of counting mine and finding out just exactly how truly insane I am is simply too much for me . . .

I'd say, at least . . . three hundred. Probably closer to four though.

Thunderstorm1
04-16-2003, 09:25 PM
about 400 MOC and about 70 loose
and counting!!!

DarthChuckMc
04-16-2003, 09:26 PM
2 of every POTF2
2 of every Commtech
2 of every Episode 1
2 of every POTJ
2 of every Saga up to Padme Droid Factory wave

I have 1 MOMC and one open for my kids.

I have everything logged (logged :D ) on SW.com.

Just too much to count.

Oh yeah....I have the 1st 21 OT figs carded on repro cards, too.

Kidhuman
04-16-2003, 10:36 PM
I have about 180 from POTF2 til present all MOC. I have about 85 vintage loose.

Darthvader7677
04-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Well I don't think I have as much as some of you

138 POTF2 MOC
68 Episode 1 MOC
59 POTJ
6 Star Tours
4 Sneak Preview
105 Saga (Lots of doubles) Last figures bought Boba Fett Carkoon, Blonde Imperial Officer

Total 380

TheDarthVader
04-16-2003, 11:08 PM
I do not know as far as a "break down" is concerned. Totaling my ep1, potf2, commtech, flashback, sneak preview, and saga, I have 284 figures. Some are in star cases for protection :)

bobafrett
04-16-2003, 11:12 PM
I would guess somewhere in the area of 370 to 430, but that's just a guess. That does not include 12" figures, deluxe or loose figures.

Darthvader7677
04-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Bought 350 star cases, and have none to spare. Cost $400.00 and I need to buy more. Star Cases are nice but really expensive

Jayspawn
04-16-2003, 11:54 PM
Actually counting my figures would drive me mad! Just imagine how much A LOT could be. Thats how many I have.

bobafrett
04-17-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Actually counting my figures would drive me mad! Just imagine how much A LOT could be. Thats how many I have.

Could you round that off for us please? Is it closer to "a whole LOT", or "not a whole LOT"?

Obi-Dan Kenobi
04-17-2003, 12:46 AM
I would estimate about 400-something. I don't collect every figure, but there are a few I have like 2, 3, or 4 of. And I can't display them all at once because of space, so some are packed away. Maybe I'll count them all the next time I move...:)

Jerjerrod
04-17-2003, 01:18 AM
My total as of today is 196.

POTF2: 82
POTJ: 45
SAGA: 35
EP1: 34

I kept track of them using excel, so it was easy to pull out numbers.

(Hmm, I wonder who my 200th figure will be? :D )

QLD
04-17-2003, 02:30 AM
No idea. I pretty much have 1 of everything since 95, and lots of extra stormtroopers. They are all open though.

Only thing I am missing besides a few saga figs, is Zuckuss

Darthvader7677
04-17-2003, 02:52 AM
I kept track of them using excel, so it was easy to pull out numbers.

I use excel too. That way I can keep track of doubles and stuff

Jerjerrod
04-17-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by JediBrian
show offs. I tried counting my collection....lost count at 50. They are all loose and I only have one of each, except Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers and things like that. I'm not a carded geek like most of you. And any of you that have over 200 carded figures really needs a life, or a new hobby. "gee look, I have a huge collection of cardboard" Whatever.

OOOOOOOOkay there. You know, it's just as bad when...

"I'm a bald, fat, bearded, single, lonely, depressed geek man who lives in my mom's basement because I can't afford to move out, and play with my loose Star Wars figures all day long, and make them do all this cool stuff. Wanna play?"

Seriously, everyone was just trying to chat light-heartedly in this thread until you showed up and started insulting everybody. Who is the one that needs a life?

Take it easy, hater. Or you're gonna find it hard to get along with people here.

Btw, if you don't want to participate in the topic at hand, then nobody asked you.

Darthvader7677
04-17-2003, 03:07 AM
show offs. I tried counting my collection....lost count at 50. They are all loose and I only have one of each, except Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers and things like that. I'm not a carded geek like most of you. And any of you that have over 200 carded figures really needs a life, or a new hobby. "gee look, I have a huge collection of cardboard" Whatever.

Geeks!!! That's pretty harsh. It's not showing off either. Some people like myself take pride in collecting star wars. And I'am not here to pick fights with anyone, but telling us to get a life. That is just a plain j*ckass comment. Who are you to to call people geeks. If you don't like keeping your figures carded, thats up to you. But don't make fun of people who do.

seth_quinn
04-17-2003, 03:17 AM
I've seen a number of posts in the past that have really gotten under my skin and have always chosen to bite my tongue, but I've had it, no more.
for crying out ****ing loud, p*ss off you ***t!! is it your sole mission to flitter around here and continually ruin everybody's day? they should have banned you permanently instead of just for a day or two, now it's us that will probably end up with suspensions for retaliating to your endlessly absurd comments. you need to learn how to respect others and the decisions they make. does it really affect you if someone chooses to keep their collection carded? I personally open things as space permits, but if keeping this carded is how others enjoy their collections the most, I'm thrilled for each and every one of them. and do you really think anyone is showing off? a question was asked, how many figures do you have? please tell us wisest of the wise, just how is a person supposed to answer this query? do you know what I think showing off would be? listing every single figure from a large collection one by one including every repeat and variation. actually, maybe not. the bulk of us around here going through life without a giant chip on our shoulder would find a post like that hilarious. I respect everyone's right to voice their opinion, as long as it isn't at the expense of anyone else. your comments are a direct insult to each and every carded collector out there and are unacceptable. it's a good thing we're not all face to face. I envision a large group of carded collectors out there ramming your head up your butt so you can watch them kick the crap out you.

seth_quinn
04-17-2003, 04:04 AM
with that out of the way, Hi Darthvader7677, I see that you're new here - welcome.

from the beginning of the POTF2 line through to the end of the Saga 2002 line, I am missing only about ten of all the 3.75 figures produced. some day I would really like to take the time and determine the exact number, but for now I'd guess that it's somewhere in the 400 range.

RussUAE
04-17-2003, 06:39 AM
Wow, this is one heavy duty thread!

No idea how many I have, but I guess I could calculate easily enough. I have all 3 3/4" since EpI and 30 vintage from my first phase of collecting. Virtually all loose. Catching up on POTF2 is never going to happen for me I guess.

As for the rest of the discussion, we surely all enjoy collecting, in whatever form it may take. I would hope that means we have enough in common that we don't need to argue over it! I'm a loose collector, but I respect carded collectors - I just lack the self control not to open my figures. If I had a carded colection I'd be very proud of it, as I am of my loose one.

HARDY
04-17-2003, 08:22 AM
didnt jedi brian getted banned

Darkross
04-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
Btw, if you don't want to participate in the topic at hand, then nobody asked you.

Amen brother!

I currently have:

Vintage: 10
Episode I: 6
POTF2 / POTJ: 185 (give or take 1 or 2)
Saga: 4 (+ my son has R2D2)
Carded: Approx 14 of 185 (Saga / POTJ / POTF2)
Boxed: 4 figs (Tie Bomber, Tie Interceptor, Snowspeeder Pilots)

I used to think that collecting comics was a waste of money...I never understood the reason until I started really collecting SW figs...it's a passion...IMHO. I'm not a carded collector...but I do respect those who are...how on earth they can keep themselves from tearing everything open takes alot of self restraint! The only reason I haven't opened mine are space and laziness.

stillakid
04-17-2003, 11:47 AM
:) I brought this question up about a year ago. Here is what some of us posted at that time.

How Many Do You Have? (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=139221#post139221)

Since then, I've kinda lost track, but I've got at least one of everything that's come out since then, so for anyone that has any idea what that number might be, just add it on. ;)

If I get some time soon, maybe I'll run the numbers again, but I'd estimate that I have somewhere in the vicinity of 900 to 950 at this point.

Originally posted by stillakid
I've been in the middle of "house cleaning" and now have a solid inventory of what I have.

Currently (as of July 19, 2002), I have:

850 total action figures
28 Beasts

This covers both the vintage line and all the new stuff since the '90's.

In case you're wondering, that number includes doubles of the same figure (army builders) and other extras, both loose, boxed, and/or carded that I have for one reason or another.

Also, there is a little fuzzy area when it comes to figures vs beasts. Essentially, I counted anything small, like a Mynock or Bomarr Monk, to be an action figure. Bigger things, like Jabba and Rancor etc were counted as Beasts.

And I did not count the Episode I Battle Pack mini figures (those fish things) toward the totals above. They just kind of exist in a weird limbo somewhere. :)

So, how many do you have?

(Hmm, let's see, 850 times about 6 bucks a figure....:eek: )

Brainiak76
04-17-2003, 12:03 PM
THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING UP PEEPS!!

im like seth_quinn i was goin bite my tongue on this one but was going speak out but it was pretty much sumed up by seth_quinn, Jerjerrod (exactly waht i would have said) , and Darthvader7677

Seriously..WTF why would you call momc collectors geeks?...???..."oh i collect cardboard, blah blah blah" WHAT IF I DO? j/k i guess if i did the figs would be the perks though!

Brainiak76
04-17-2003, 12:08 PM
oh yeah back on topic!

i dont collect one of everything so i dont have AS much as you guys! Im pretty picky and only buy the ones i like! Why on gods green earth would i buy a freakin Senator jar jar or or a peasant disguise anakin? Not even worth $1 IMO so one of everything isnt for me!!

i prob have round 200 from vintage-saga!

bobafrett
04-17-2003, 12:19 PM

You know Jedibrian, it's kids like you who turn an innocent thread sour. If you have something to say about us collectors who have "over 200 carded figures" then PM each and everyone of us to show us just what kind of jerk you really are. I'm happy and proud to be a Star Wars figure collector, and Oh yes, I do have a life, and friends, which is more than I can say for you. I have my own place, and a nice car. I also have a 12 year old son, who enjoys Star Wars, but doesn't collect. I think he's more mature than you'll ever be. End it now before you make more enemies.

Well, my collection increased by 2 more figures. Anyone know of a reasonabily priced software program to keep track of ones collection? I've been meaning to do this for sometime now, mostly for insurance purposes. But it would also be nice to have something so I could avoid picking up a figure that I may already have.

Patient Zero
04-17-2003, 12:40 PM
I suggest that everyone just PM a mod about moronic behavior and not give various bitter little people the satisfaction of a continued conversation centered on their ideas.

TheDarthVader
04-17-2003, 03:36 PM
I suggest that all of the members of this board boycott jedibrian and put him on ALL of our ignore lists. That would do away with the problem. Or...get him BANNED once and for all. :D

seth_quinn
04-17-2003, 05:00 PM
I just came back to this thread with the same thought. (the ignore list, not the banning - it would be so much more humiliating to ostracize him than simply get rid of him) so how does this ignore list work? we just click on jedibrian, click on add to ignore list and that's it? we never have to look at another idiotic post of his ever again? consider it done. bye-bye bE-yotch!

seth_quinn
04-17-2003, 05:05 PM
hey, it totally works. sweet!

TheDarthVader
04-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Your da...um...darn right it works! I just did it too! Everyone... do this!! No more stupid, idiotic, shallow, and punk remarks! If you don't think you can, it's easy! Go to where he posted...click profile. Once that comes up, looks a little toward the bottom and it says: click here to add jedibrian to your ignore list. Just click it! You now never have to read his posts again! Yippie!!

Darthvader7677
04-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Gone! Ignored sweet!

Amy
04-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Yes, the ignore feature is like gold:).

Beast
04-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Love his new excuse for being a jerkwad, that he's doing an experiment for his sociology class. Next he'll be claiming a younger brother has been signing on and using his account to hassle people. :)

MTFBWY aad HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
04-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Check your PM JB. I refuse to litter the forum with responces to your stupidity and utter incompedence. Everyone else I ask you to do the same or hold your tongue if you can. I'll probably get banned for my words, but better me then several people. This will be taken care of.

LusiferSam
04-17-2003, 10:06 PM
I keep everything loose, so here's my break down
vintage: 100
POTF2: 198 (that's with EU and SOTE)
E1: 83
POTJ: 77 (I'm missing two for the complete)
SAGA: 80 (and counting)

I think that's very thing. I haven't counted beasts and I've also try to account for the two, three, and more packs I have.

Old Fossil
04-17-2003, 10:09 PM
I used to count my figures, just to impress myself, I guess. ("Wow. How did I end up with three Ponda Baba's? And where are their original weapons?...") Now I'm too tired, or probably just too lazy; and my dog has destroyed a few.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say about 300 loose, 30 carded.

JangoFart
04-17-2003, 10:35 PM
JJB:

Sociology class, eh? That's rich :) haha

I have 530 MOMC or MIMB 3 3/4 Star Wars items from Vintage forward. The vast majority are modern: I have all EP1 figures, vehicles, playsets, and beasts; all POTJ vehicles, figures, and playsets (there were no beasts, I think); all Saga vehicles, figures, playsets, and beasts - including most variations that I know of. I have all Star Tours figures; all EU figures and vehicles and all SOTE figures (no vehicles). I have most POTF2 vehicles, figures and beasts (only missing Han/Tautaun beast) and all of the playsets. I have all of the Vintage Ewoks series and most of the Droids series. Most of my Droids series are AFA graded. I have only a couple of the movie-related vintage figures, but plan to get more after I fill in the holes in my POTF2 collection. I also have about 10 of the Bend-Ems - which I kinda dig.

Yes, all of my stuff is boxed or carded and will stay that way until I give it all to my kids in my will. They can open it, burn it, sell it, whatever; I won't be around to care.

I have about 100 opened figures, but most are in zip-lock bags in my closet. I have 20+ boxed 12 inch dudes and about 10 opened 12 inch dudes.

I keep everything on an Excel spreadsheet which makes it easy to keep track of the monstrosity that I am amassing.

J

stillakid
04-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
I used to count my figures, just to impress myself, I guess.

I think that is why I started as well. ;)

But lately I've been thinking about display options. I'd like to have them all out on shelves (it's a far more efficient way to collect more dust for that collection), so I guess it'll be somewhat helpful to know just what I have to deal with.

I'm also thinking about turning some of the figures into "chess" pieces for that occasional game with my son. Any suggestions as to which figures would work best for each piece?

Old Fossil
04-17-2003, 11:17 PM
KING: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
KING: Yoda

QUEEN: Darth Vader
QUEEN: Obi-Wan Kenobi

BISHOPS: Royal Guards
BISHOPS: C-3PO, TC-14 (or K-3PO)

KNIGHTS: Boba Fett, Jango Fett
KNIGHTS: Han Solo, Chewbacca

ROOKS: R2-Q5, R4-M9
ROOKS: R2-D2, R5-D4

PAWNS: Stormtroopers
PAWNS: Rebel Fleet Troopers

stillakid
04-17-2003, 11:20 PM
KING: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
KING: Yoda

QUEEN: Darth Vader
QUEEN: Obi-Wan Kenobi

BISHOPS: Royal Guards
BISHOPS: C-3PO, TC-14 (or K-3PO)

KNIGHTS: Boba Fett, Jango Fett
KNIGHTS: Han Solo, Chewbacca

ROOKS: R2-Q5, R4-M9
ROOKS: R2-D2, R5-D4

PAWNS: Stormtroopers
PAWNS: Rebel Fleet Troopers

Thanks, Twodot! :)

Maybe I'll try to put that together this weekend and post a pic or two.

seth_quinn
04-17-2003, 11:23 PM
hmm, don't know about figures for chess, there are a lot of tough choices to be made there. maybe you could let everybody vote and go by the results. I've been planning the same but with micro-machine vehicles. easier to choose which I think, but probably harder to find the actual vehicles themselves. I have a link somewhere to place that sells really cool glass boards. pm me and I'll dig it up for you if you want.

Kidhuman
04-17-2003, 11:27 PM
Twodot, that is a great suggestion, but where is Luke and why not make Leia the queen?

Old Fossil
04-17-2003, 11:33 PM
I don't know, I wondered about them, too. But if Leia's a Queen, who do you make queen opposite her, that is as powerful a woman in the movies, yet on the "bad" side?

As for Luke, well... I thought he might make a Knight, but pairing Han and Chewie like that seemed better. You're right, though.. doesn't seem right to leave Luke out.

seth_quinn
04-17-2003, 11:34 PM
darn, hate it when others post while I'm typing, makes... me... look... s-l-o-w.

good selection Twodot but having knights and rooks represented by two different characters on each side might get confusing in a hurry, even though the connections between them should be obvious ...unless you mounted (tee-hee) them to similar bases. (pawns on red bases, knights>white, bishops>blue etc.)

and... now... even... s-l-o-w-e-r

stillakid
04-17-2003, 11:35 PM
right, though.. doesn't seem right to leave Luke out.

Maybe if I built some bleachers, the rest of the gang could just watch. :p

Kidhuman
04-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Maybe if I built some bleachers, the rest of the gang could just watch. :p

Or use the many different sculpts of luke and maul as pawns or something. And use R2 with 3Po in the bishop slots instead of K3PO

seth_quinn
04-18-2003, 12:23 AM
you guys are really making this come together nicely, I'm thinking of dropping the vehicle idea and doing something like this instead. (with stillakid's blessing of course. it was your idea and I can appreciate your desire to have something unique, so let me know if you rather I didn't)

stillakid
04-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by seth_quinn
you guys are really making this come together nicely, I'm thinking of dropping the vehicle idea and doing something like this instead. (with stillakid's blessing of course. it was your idea and I can appreciate your desire to have something unique, so let me know if you rather I didn't)

:eek: Idea's are free (mostly). ;) Plus, I'm sure I've seen other mentions of it previously, so it doesn't "belong" to me, if it ever could. It would be really interesting to see how many versions of Star Wars Chess we all could come up with. :)

Kidhuman
04-18-2003, 10:56 AM
:eek: It would be really interesting to see how many versions of Star Wars Chess we all could come up with. :)

OT SW CHESS

KING: LUKE
KING: EMPOROR

QUEEN: LEIA
QUEEN: VADER

BISHOPS:3PO &R2
BISHOPS:GENERAL VEERS, & AT-ST DRIVER

KNIGHTS: HAN AND CHEWIE
KNIGHTS:TIE FIGHTER PILOT AND AT-AT DRIVER

ROOKS:LANDO AND LOBOT
ROOKS:IG-88 & BOBA FETT

PAWNS: REBEL SOLDIERS
PAWNS: STORMTROOPERS

PT CHESS

KING:YODA
KING:PALPENTINE

QUEEN: PADME
QUEEN: DOOKU

BISHOPS: R2 & 3PO
BISHOPS:NUTE AND VICEROY

KNIGHTS: ANAKIN AND OBI-WAN
KNIGHTS: BOBA & JANGO

ROOKS:JJB & QUI-GON
ROOKS: ZAM & MAUL

PAWNS:CLONETROOPERS
PAWNS: BATTLE DROIDS.

JangoFart
04-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Hate to get back on topic, but I'd like to hear what you folks have rather than potential chess pieces. (Although that would be an interesting separate thread.)

J

seth_quinn
04-18-2003, 11:26 AM
you mean like, "talent borrows, genius steals"?

that sounds like fun to me, but maybe we should start a new thread for it. we've gotten a little off topic here.

mods - if you find this, is it possible to move these last bunch of posts into a new thread?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-18-2003, 03:37 PM
This is the setup for a Star Wars chess game I have on my computer. . .

KING: THE EMPEROR
KING: LUKE SKYWALKER

QUEEN:DARTH VADER
QUEEN: PRINCESS LEIA

BISHOPS:BOBA FETT
BISHOPS:C-3P0

KNIGHTS:TUSKEN RAIDERS
KNIGHTS:CHEWBACCA

ROOKS:AT-ST'S
ROOKS:YODA

PAWNS: R2-D2'S
PAWNS: STORMTROOPERS

Oh yeah, and just to stay on topic I have lots of figures :crazed:

Jerjerrod
04-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
QUEEN:DARTH VADER

DNA, you forgot to put a space between the colon and the D. :D
Just cracked me up. Anyways, here's my OT chess:

LIGHTSIDE:

KING - Yoda, can only move small steps.
QUEEN - Ben Kenobi, been around the galaxy, moves fast.
BISHOPS - R2-D2, and C-3PO
KNIGHTS - Luke, and Leia
ROOKS - Han, and Chewie
PAWNS - Rebel Troopers, one knee down.

DARKSIDE:

KING - Emperor Palpy
QUEEN - Darth Vader
BISHOPS - Imperial Dignitaries
KNIGHTS - Captain Piett, and Moff Jerjerrod
ROOKS - Boba Fett, and IG-88 (or Bossk, Dengar or Zuckuss)
PAWNS - Stormtroopers

After seeing the new Kubricks, I almost wish they'll release this as a chess-set.

Oh, and Excel is excel-lent for organizing quantities.

jpak001
04-18-2003, 06:24 PM
The chess sets sound great. I personally like Jerjerrods idea with the Kubricks, that would be sweet!

Back to the original question though:

*I have one of every Vader, Anakin, Maul, Dooku, and a few random (bloody luke bespin, etc...) MOMC.

*About 100 loose figs

*The following loose vehicles: Tie int, DV Tie, Tie bomber, Saga Xwing, Awing, Jangos Slave 1 (soon I'll be adding the KB tie)

*about 20 or so loose 12 inchers

*One vintage ROTJ Vader MOMC

*About 10 loose vintage figs

That's about aside from the random other item (vader Palm Talker, Action fleet, etc...) :D

Jaff
04-18-2003, 07:05 PM
wow! what a question. can't list them all. Every vehicle from POTF2 and up, 500 loose figures. About 60 carded favorites. every 12 inch figure from the POTF2 line and up. I own no expanded dudy-verse, or mini vehicles. But hey different strokes different folks.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
DNA, you forgot to put a space between the colon and the D. :D
Just cracked me up.

Oh MY Goodness! So I did, so I did teeheehee. ;)

I was going to edit it, but it looks pretty funny! Thanks for pointing that out Jerjerrod, that made for a good laugh at myself :D

Turbowars
04-18-2003, 10:38 PM
Well since I was a big error and variation collector from 95 to EP1 I have about 1250+ MOMC figures. Thats from POTF2 to 03 SAGA, plus most 12" from 95 to POTJ and ships. I stopped with the errors when the Saga line came out. I still pick up a few POTF2/POTJ errors on ebay now and then. My collection is nothing compared to a friend of mine, he probably has double of what I have. He's crazy. :). I have gotten rid of most of my doubles, the blue FF went so fast I couldn't believe it. I was one of those guys that thought he would buy 2 of everything so one figure could be displayed open and carded, well I realized that was too much $ and to tell you the truth, most of the loose figures are crap. OH and JB, I'm 100% SW Geek.;)

bobafrett
04-20-2003, 12:37 PM
I'm also thinking about turning some of the figures into "chess" pieces for that occasional game with my son. Any suggestions as to which figures would work best for each piece?

eBay Star Wars chess set (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3127596462&category=751)

Does this give anyone any ideas? Just found this while looking for Star Wars merchandise on eBay.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Poor Darth, always stuck being the Queen! :(

No wonder he killed the Emperor, he was tired of being teased all the time! ;)

Cool set, except the pieces look plastic? I think I'd have a hard time buying it for 45 bucks with plastic pieces.

Kidhuman
04-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Well it sold for 57 dollars. It looked nice. I liked the way it captured a few characters with some pieces.

bobafrett
04-20-2003, 02:25 PM
I saw it and remember the discussion on using action figures as chess pieces. Just merely there to sprout some ideas! It's a good way to display your open figures.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-20-2003, 03:43 PM

Cool set, except the pieces look plastic? I think I'd have a hard time buying it for 45 bucks with plastic pieces.

God, I am such a pessimist sometimes without even realizing it! Sorry guys ROFL. It actually is a cool set, I'm just being a tight arse moneywise lately DOH! :crazed:

It really is an attractive set and I like how they got more characters in there by doubling up :)

vorronsalive
04-20-2003, 05:21 PM
I posted my original response in the wrong area. It should have been Test Area. I am doing an experiment for my sociology class. I wanted to see who and if I would offend anyone. Looks like my results are conclusive. And I don't really care what you guys collect; carded, boxed or otherwise. Thank you for your time. I am writing a script for all you SSG members...100 mg of Valium. :-) And btw, I have 100 figures.

OMG, I have never laughed so hard in my life!!!!!

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-20-2003, 05:27 PM
I posted my original response in the wrong area. It should have been Test Area. I am doing an experiment for my sociology class. I wanted to see who and if I would offend anyone. Looks like my results are conclusive. And I don't really care what you guys collect; carded, boxed or otherwise. Thank you for your time. I am writing a script for all you SSG members...100 mg of Valium. :-) And btw, I have 100 figures.

lololololol how true vorronsalive, this is funny.

Next up we have JediBrian Improv!

DarthBrandon
04-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Same response as last time: Too many to count.:D

Kidhuman
04-20-2003, 07:59 PM
I like how they got more characters in there by doubling up :)

Originally posted by kidhuman
I liked the way it captured a few characters with some pieces.

Great minds think alike.:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-21-2003, 01:03 AM
Great minds think alike.:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

And we are GREAT, aren't we!!! ;) :D

*puts ego back in left pocket for later use :) ;) :crazed:

JangoFart
04-21-2003, 01:44 AM

Or, fools seldom differ. :)

J

stillakid
04-21-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by JangoFart
Or, fools seldom differ. :)

J

Never eat spinach with a stranger. :D

bobafrett
04-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Never eat spinach with a stranger. :D

Good thinking, as Spinach gives me gas.

187-Maul
04-21-2003, 02:58 PM
ok, back to the topic:)
as of now I have 183 loose figs (varying from POTF2 to Saga) and one carded (E1 swimming Jar-Jar for trading fodder)
compared to some of you actually a pretty small collection, but I'm still proud of it:)

Deoxyribonucleic
04-21-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul

but I'm still proud of it:)

Really, that is ALL that matters!:happy: :D

bobafrett
04-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Well, I just got my carded figures count. I have 391 carded figures, but this does not include the deluxe figures, my loose figures, my figures that are from my youth, that I keep seperate, nor the cinema scene, or the ones that come with the minature planet, I forgot what that one was called.

Jerjerrod
04-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
, or the ones that come with the minature planet, I forgot what that one was called.

Complete Galaxy, FYI. :)

bobafrett
04-23-2003, 12:49 AM
Thanks Jerjerrod!

JangoFart
04-23-2003, 01:24 AM
I counted all of the mulit-packs when arriving at my total. However, I did not count the individual figures in the multi-packs; i.e., "Purchase of the Droids" cinema scene counts as one.

J

Deoxyribonucleic
04-23-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by JangoFart
However, I did not count the individual figures in the multi-packs; i.e., "Purchase of the Droids" cinema scene counts as one.

Bock Bock WHAT!?

Why for you only count it as one figer? ;)

Seriously though, are you counting the cin. scenes as a "carded" figure? I'm just trying to figure out if you're counting your stash as carded figures or loose figures? :) For example, say you have Jedi Spirits, one still in the box and one opened and you count ALL of your figures carded and loose, would you total it as 4; the one that's not open + the 3 that came from the one that is?

bobafrett
04-23-2003, 09:08 AM
I know I asked this question in the 12 inch forum, but I'll ask it here to. What is Hasbros official take on this? Do they count the multi packs as 1 or by actual number of figures in the Cinema scenes. And while we are on the subject, does Hasbro also include the figures that come with the vehicles. I mean, you figure they had to have a number in mind, when they came out with the 300th Boba Fett.

Kidhuman
04-23-2003, 09:41 AM
There has been discussion about that in other threads. What does Hasbro count and all. I think if it is a new figure in the vehicle or beast then it should count. If they just put a resculpt then no. Checkout this thread on the 300th thing and our takes on the pack ins and what not. (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18552)

bobafrett
04-23-2003, 02:55 PM
I read that entire thread. It just leads me to believe that I will count my figures in a way that I see fit to do. Personally, trying to locate each and every figure I have is a task in and of itself. I just dug out a box of my Vintage figures. I had 77 figures, with about 80% being from the "Return of the Jedi", some loose, 1 was from the "Empire strikes back" with a sticker that says "Revenge of the Jedi" figure, that you could save your points for. 6 of the figures were Stormtroopers, 3 Biker scouts, I had 1 mail away "Anakin", and 1 mail away "Emperor". I'm just going to count each figure as just that, a figure. So, 6 stormtroopers = 6 figures. I mean, I spent my hard earned money to get those 6, why not count them as 6. If I want to get more specific, I will find a checklist, go through each of my figures, and check off those I do have.

So in addition to the 391 figures grom the newer stuff, I add my 77 from my vintage figures for a current running total of 468 and still counting.

Thanks for the link kidhuman!

Kidhuman
04-23-2003, 04:05 PM
No prob dude.

stillakid
04-23-2003, 07:43 PM
Okay, I just had to know.

As of today, 4/23/04:

955 total action figures
40 beasts

The break down:
845 action figures from the new stuff
34 beasts from the new stuff

110 action figures from the vintage days
6 vintage beasts

VINTAGE

Star Wars: 31 action figures
ESB: 41 action figures
ROTJ: 37 action figures
Ewoks (I think): 1, R2 D2 (it could be from Droids)

NEW
ANH: 216
ESB: 88
ROTJ: 139
Cross film ARMIES: 72 (includes Death Star Gunner, TIE Pilots, and Stormtroopers)

TPM: 167
AOTC: 109

Expanded Universe and other "non-film" and/or convention, giveaway or other special figures: 53

:eek:

bobafrett
04-24-2003, 12:26 AM
Stillakid, refresh my memory, do you open or leave your figures carded, or both? That's a lot of Star Wars figures!!! I added 6 more new figures to my collection tonight. Not sure on the beasts, as they are spread throughout my room(s). I've taken almost three rolls of film on my action figures alone.

stillakid
04-24-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
Stillakid, refresh my memory, do you open or leave your figures carded, or both? That's a lot of Star Wars figures!!! I added 6 more new figures to my collection tonight. Not sure on the beasts, as they are spread throughout my room(s). I've taken almost three rolls of film on my action figures alone.

For the most part, I open everything. The only exceptions thus far have been Jorg Sacul, Toyfair Vader, Anniversary R2, JediCon C3PO, and Special Edition Luke. I also bought an extra set of the 25th Anniversary two-packs so I could leave one sealed. Those are the "toys" that seem to really only have meaning when coupled with the packaging, if you know what I mean. The rest of the collection reaches it's full potential when allowed to breath fresh air.

Oh, and though I much prefer to have a negative at the end of the day, the digital camera really is a convenient and relatively inexpensive alternative to traditional photography, especially when it's something as "trivial" as taking pictures of my toys. ;)

Gonk 1979
04-27-2003, 01:44 PM
i have just about all doubles from the potf2, all of ep1, most of potj and most of ep2.

carded - around 375-400
loose - about 50
12 inch - about 10
vehicles - alot!