PDA

View Full Version : THIS is the Ewok I've longed for Hasbro to make!

Tycho
04-16-2003, 07:03 PM
The Ewok I've longed for is finally coming out - in the 12" version!

We've got to also get a 3 3/4" figure made for the coolest of the cool amongst the Ewoks.

Dubbed by me, the "Death's Head" Ewok, this guy is scene most prominantly when Princess Leia comes out of the hutt she is in to find the Rebel Strike Team being cooked for dinner.

But I always thought this guy was darned cool looking - like HE could kick some stormtrooper-butt!

As a fan of both the vintage and the modern line, and someone who builds dioramas and wants the most variety in my collection, I've longed to see all 8 vintage Ewoks redone (good) for the modern line, and then add the guy we're talking about here (to your right from Logray in the picture attached), and a female Ewok with a baby Wokling (supposedly confirmed for 2004's anniversary for Return of the Jedi).

But right now, we've had a modern line for 8 years, but we have only 4 Ewoks or so to speak of:

Wicket (sort of too big)
Logray

Ewok w. Complete Galaxy Endor & Glider (Wicket Repaint)

Teebo (the best IMO)

Paploo (w. AT-ST repack, but hardly a worthy sculpt)

We need:

Romba
Warrick
Lumat
Chief Chirpa (confirmed for 2004)

as well as Paploo (played by Kenny "R2-D2" Baker) resculpted

and this "Death's Head Ewok" plus the mother w. Wokling will do it for me! (a Wicket resculpt is not my top priority).

But at long last, Hasbro has acknowledged the coolest Ewok. Of course I'll be buying him for my 12" collection, but what about the main line?

Come on Hasbro! You can do it!

mark2d2
04-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Indeed they do look pretty cool. But what I really want to see released is that long rumoured 12 inch Hammerhead that has already been sculpted.

C'mon Hasbro! And 12 Hammerhead would fly off the shelves way faster than two wimpy ewoks! (No offense, Tycho!)

Kidhuman
04-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Heck I'll take both. I normally do not get 12" figs but those Ewoks look cool. Ilike the death head Ewok, always have. Hammerhead would be a sweetie too.

Tycho is right, in eight years they only made a few Ewoks. Maybe Hasbro should of made adifferent one instead of repackaging Teebo.

RussUAE
04-16-2003, 11:56 PM
That Ewok does look pretty nasty. Wouldn't want to meet him in a darkened forest.

I also agree more ewoks are needed. I didn't get back into collecting til EpI so only have my vintage ones and the new Teebo.

plasticfetish
04-17-2003, 01:41 AM
Wow. Those are from the 12" line?
I'm so happy to see that they're molded plastic and not plush or something else "cute." They look great, it's amazing what they seem to be able to do with the non-human characters.

aceguide
04-18-2003, 01:11 PM
I love these scuplts. One would think getting them in a 3 3/4 would not be that big of a deal - they are already plastic.

I am not much of a 12" fan - but the scout and yoda both look outstanding!

JediCole
04-18-2003, 02:17 PM
The best part is that you can use these guys as GIANT EWOKS alongside your 3.75" scale 'Woks. That should give the Empire a run for its money!

Kidhuman
04-18-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by aceguide
I am not much of a 12" fan - but the scout and yoda both look outstanding!

DO you have pics?

Chiesa
04-22-2003, 01:18 PM
The brown EWOK looks really nasty!! Maybe he can even kick Chewie's ***!! But I highly doubt that! :P