PDA

View Full Version : Funny commercials

dr_evazan22
04-17-2003, 09:53 AM
What funny commercials have you seen lately?

I've been seeing one for a drug to help your joints, it might've been for arthritis. It started w/ a shot of Frankensteins monster doing his classic walk w/ arms straight out. Then it cuts to him in an arm chair talking about how this drug has helped his joints. The image cuts between different shots- Frank. excercising, doing yoga, enjoying his "new life".

Fulit
04-17-2003, 10:41 AM
That one is funny.

It seems to me they never play the really funny ones as much as they do the stupid ones they think are funny. Case in point: The commercial for, was it, Church's fried chicken? Anyway, where they're eating chicken and the guy picks up the phone and the grease makes it go flying out of his hand and it pops the other guy in the head and knocks him out, and they eat his chicken. Now that's funny. They played that commercial for maybe a month, and I've never seen it since. One of the few commercials that made me laugh every time I saw it, and they don;t play it.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-17-2003, 12:58 PM
I like the Geico Insurance commercials. I don't know if Geico is all over the states but it's here in California and their commercials are hilarious.

The motto now is "Geico, NOT Gecko!"

One of my favs is a woman running down the middle of the street, tossing hand signals as she's turning. She's got a bumpersticker on her bum that reads "My child is an Honors student at so and so school" Then they show her run up to a parking space at the school and she has a can of that noise that people blow at football games, sounds like a horn, and this car tries to pull in behind her and she blows her canned horn at it and then starts calling her daughter, like she's picking her up from school in a car, 'cept she's got no car because she couldn't afford insurance...it's pretty darn funny.

Lman316
04-17-2003, 01:15 PM
I usually have absolutely no use for commercials. I think that they're pointless and unimaginative and usually just stupid. The only thing they're good for is if you need to get a drink or go to the bathroom during a show... I think that all commercials should be black and white, with a picture of the product and a small synopsis of what the product is and what it does.

But one that I find currently amusing is the new Snapple commercial. It's a pardoy of the "running of the bulls", using the Snapple bottles as the people and Guinea Pigs as the bulls. I don't know why, but I'm fond of it.

End...:D

Mandalorian Candidat
04-17-2003, 02:55 PM
I saw a Bud commercial the other night that was pretty good. This guy's sitting on the couch when his girlfriend sits next to him wearing her exboyfriend's shirt. The guy asks her why she doesn't wear his shirts, whereupon she replies that his are too small. After the spiel about how Bud is such a great product :rolleyes: it flashes back to the couple. The girl is looking at the guy's hands and commenting on how small they are.

Juvenille, I know, but it hit me as funny.

El Chuxter
04-17-2003, 04:34 PM
The funniest one I've seen recently is the TRU Easter sale commercial with gazillions of bunny rabbits singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail." I had no idea, prior to seeing that commercial, what an acid flashback must be like. :)

JEDIpartner
04-17-2003, 04:38 PM
I like most of the Sprint PCS commercials where the people get the wrong message from the person using a "cheap" mobile service.

The "monkey with a cold" one was the best of all. That little monkey was so cute with his blanket and box of tissues. I miss the little guy... :cry:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I like most of the Sprint PCS commercials where the people get the wrong message from the person using a "cheap" mobile service.

The "monkey with a cold" one was the best of all. That little monkey was so cute with his blanket and box of tissues. I miss the little guy... :cry:

That is a great one and he is SOOOOO adorable...sweet lil sick monkey head :)

I also like the one with Captain and Tenille...hilarious!

Kidhuman
04-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
The funniest one I've seen recently is the TRU Easter sale commercial with gazillions of bunny rabbits singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail." I had no idea, prior to seeing that commercial, what an acid flashback must be like. :)

It is something like that, very similar.

I like the Sierra Mist commercials alot. I also like the Mountain Dew Code Red commercial where the guy smacks the Basketball from the mascots hands.

bobafrett
04-18-2003, 01:01 AM
I've tried to remember all day today, but I still can't remember this commercial I saw earlier this week. I was laughing my butt off for about 5 minutes after it ended.

Think, think, nope I'll just have to hope to see it again.

scruffziller
04-18-2003, 02:53 PM
From back in the day any Little Ceaser's commercials, after the one with the guy making a Teradactyl.

That one Heinkekin in a keg can commercial where they have full sized kegs tied to the back of the Limo because it is a wedding. And the limo makes a left turn and pulvorizes all the trash cans on the corner and almost hits a man and his dog. I have it on tape.

JediTricks
04-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
But one that I find currently amusing is the new Snapple commercial. It's a pardoy of the "running of the bulls", using the Snapple bottles as the people and Guinea Pigs as the bulls. I don't know why, but I'm fond of it. I like all of the Snapple commercials where the bottles are people, but that one seemed really out there even for them. I definitely enjoyed it though. :D

Originally posted by El Chuxter
The funniest one I've seen recently is the TRU Easter sale commercial with gazillions of bunny rabbits singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail." I had no idea, prior to seeing that commercial, what an acid flashback must be like. :) Like most current TRU ads, they filmed that one at my local store. Oh the pride I must be feeling. :p

The "monkey with a cold" one was the best of all. That little monkey was so cute with his blanket and box of tissues. I miss the little guy... :cry: That's my least-favorite one actually, it seems like SUCH a stretch. My favorite one is the one right after that with the dachshund.

What's really sad is that here in LA, SprintPCS is a pretty pathetic cell service.

Originally posted by scruffziller
From back in the day any Little Ceaser's commercials, after the one with the guy making a Teradactyl. Back in the day, Little Caesar's had some really memorable lines in their ads like "It's CHEESE!" and "Ever heard of oragami?".

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Back in the day, Little Caesar's had some really memorable lines in their ads like "It's CHEESE!" and "Ever heard of oragami?".
One of my favorite obscure quotes is from those Old School LC's ads: "Stop doing thaht!" (in weak British accent) It's the cartoon Caesar guy and he's doing this goofy dance where he moves his shoulders forward with his arms at his sides. The director of the commercial they're supposed to be filming is British and yells at him to quit his dancing.

Oh... kay... :rolleyes:

Right now, most of the commercials are from dull to bad. I used to like the Bud Light ones, but they're getting stale (pun intended). I did like the dachund (sp?) Sprint commercial a little.

Anakin2121
04-18-2003, 07:58 PM

Yes! Good man. Sprint's are good commercials. I like the latest one, where the family tries to "communicate telepathically." :p
I also like how Sprint constantly puts new, charming commercials in regularly -- unlike Taco Bell, who'll come up with a commercial that's amusing at first, but then show that commercial for four months straight, every hour on the hour. :rolleyes:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Anakin2121
unlike Taco Bell, who'll come up with a commercial that's amusing at first, but then show that commercial for four months straight, every hour on the hour. :rolleyes:

Oh Bealzabub! I hate that!!! And since I'm off topic already, I have to say this as it really causes me undue stress...I HATE HATE HATE those rickafrackmutherfrackarickan Dell Interns!!! OOOOooooo it just tans my hyde thinking about those idiots!

Back on topic: I loved the dell dude, he always made me laugh no matter what!

InsaneJediGirl
04-18-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
But one that I find currently amusing is the new Snapple commercial. It's a pardoy of the "running of the bulls", using the Snapple bottles as the people and Guinea Pigs as the bulls. I don't know why, but I'm fond of it.

I find that a funny commercial as well,the Guinea Pigs are awesome.They deserve a Oscar:D

I also enjoy the Sprint Commerical where a woman calls her husband and tells him to bring home soup,but brings home a soap star.I love how she swoons over the soap star while the husband rolls his eyes.

Kidhuman
04-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
I loved the dell dude, he always made me laugh no matter what!

Iwas just thinking the other day, bring back the stoner. He was funny.

dr_evazan22
04-18-2003, 11:43 PM
It's not funny, but, being a red blooded guy, I love the Coors Light commercials w/ the twins! Oh, there's another dedicated to women!

Since I'm on the beer topic, the commercial for Amstel Light where the lady is watering her garden w/ a keg of "regular" light beer was amusing at first.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-19-2003, 10:03 AM
I saw one last night that I'd thought was worth a chuckle; it's a Michellin tires one, where the guy has a new SUV and a Michellin Man bobble head on his dashboard. He's happy to have it bobble, but the amazingly stable tires keep it from bobbling. Well, to find out the rest, you'll just have to watch television EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR WEEKS ON END UNTIL YOU YOURSELF ACTUALLY SEE THIS HILARIOUS, GUT-BUSTINGLY FUNNY commercial.

Ahem. (Makes you just wanna grab me by the throat and shake me until I act properly, eh?)

Tonysmo
04-20-2003, 04:29 AM
ESPNs latest poses STONE COLD Steve Austin sittin in a ESPN kitchen trying to study.. one of the guys walks in and asks him how he is doing, and Steve says, not so good.. just cant seem to concentrate... so the guy smacks him on the back with a chair..

havent seen it.. my wife called me at work to tell me about it.. it SOUNDS hilarious though.... and now I must search for it..

Kidhuman
04-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Most of the SPortscenter commercials are funny. I am always laughing at them. My favorite was the one with Michael Buffer. The Stone Cold one is pretty funny too.

One of my favorites all tuime as a few years back Sprite made a commercial with a drink called Sun Fizz. The character on the bottle popped off and the 2 kids and mom started running. The sun started chasing them and the mom fell in the hallway and looked up at her kids and yelled "RUN!!!!!!". Loved that one.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman

One of my favorites all tuime as a few years back Sprite made a commercial with a drink called Sun Fizz. The character on the bottle popped off and the 2 kids and mom started running. The sun started chasing them and the mom fell in the hallway and looked up at her kids and yelled "RUN!!!!!!". Loved that one.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSs! I have completely forgotten that one and NOW I am complete! I loved that one too, that was really well done, straight out of a horror movie when she falls and yells out to her kids! And it's just a cartoon sun ROFLMAO!!! :D Thanks KH for bringing that one out from the memory vault!

InsaneJediGirl
04-20-2003, 09:00 PM
Oh,Just remembered another commercial that was funny.First,you see a mom looking at a picture,which looks like it was drawn by a 4-5 year old and had the words "Love Josh" or something similar on it.The mom says "Aww,Thanks Josh",then the commercial switches to Josh,a 16 or so year old teenager eating a TombStone Pizza in which he says "No,Thank you!".

May not crack up anyone who hasnt seen it:)However,the commercial is similar to my life.Mom says I'll never be able to cook,let alone make frozen pizza:D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-20-2003, 11:12 PM
Holy crap!! Am i actually the first person to mention the old Domino's Noid?!!?!! that guy was crazy!!! I still have this little bendy figure around here somewhere!! :D

As for current commercials, i must say the Mountain Dew commercial where the guy gets eaten by that whale and everybody in its belly has a Dew. That's funny stuff.

that MICHELIN commercial is funny as well. The look on the Tireguys face at the end as he shakes his head, brilliant. :D