PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Beene

Fulit
04-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Why does Fox always claim people are talking about this show? The only thing I've heard about it was when David Spade said:
"I liked this show the first time I saw it....when it was called The Wonder Years."

He didn't really say that, but you could picture it, right? It is a friggin Wonder Years rip off, premise: A guy does "funny" voiceovers about his childhood growing up in the 60's. He even has an older brother. Why isn't Kevin Arnold kicking Oliver's ***?

icatch9
04-17-2003, 10:12 AM
I agree it's a similar premise. The small difference is that Kevin and the Wounder Years was more of a drama. Sure, it was funny at times and very entertaining, but not at all a "SitCom".

Oliver Bean has a grown man peeing in a pool and the likes. A lot of slap stick and poo poo humor. It's a differnt kind of show.

I doubt Oliver Bean will do a serious show about Viet Nam, The Draft, or a heart ripping saga between Oliver and his "Winnie".

Similar Primise, but not exactly the same kind of show.

Fulit
04-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Yeah, that's true, its not as dramatic, and that somehow makes it even stupider. That and the bathroom humor you mentioned.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-17-2003, 01:57 PM
I heard that the working title for the show was actually "Malcolm in the Middle's Wonder Years."

JEDIpartner
04-17-2003, 03:26 PM
wasn't it really "The guy who played Miles Silverberg on Murphy Brown got chunky and begged us to find him any old vehicle to get him back on the air" up until they started doing the promo spots for the show?

icatch9
04-17-2003, 04:01 PM
I can't believe that guy is married to Kate from the Drew Carey show. She's real hot and seems nice, where as he's not anything and chunked up in the last seveal years. Where as she's gotten even hotter. I just dont' get it.