PDA

View Full Version : How will Pademe died

Co Jo-Da
11-16-2001, 04:52 PM
I’m going on the assumption that Pademe’ WILL DIED in Episode III. But more to the point, how will see died? Will she get sick? Will see get killed by Anakin or Obi-Wan during their dual? Will Palpatine have her ASSASSINATED and if so by who? There is some many ways she could go out, please let me know what you think…

derek
11-17-2001, 03:10 AM
i think i'd be fitting for anakin/vader's character development to kill her because she won't reveal the location of his son, if she dies at all. but i don't think she will die, based on leia's statements in ROTJ.

Rollo Tomassi
11-17-2001, 08:56 AM
She won't die in the movie, but will it will be alluded to that she is not long for this world, due to the birth of the twins or a wound recieved by Anakin or a combination of the two.

starwars92590
02-24-2002, 08:47 PM
maybe palpatine uses force lighting on her!

LTBasker
02-24-2002, 10:26 PM
Well if she does die in E3, here's a little theory I concocted:

After Padme has the Skywalker twins, Palpatine and Vader are taking over the Republic and wiping out the Jedi as they are fighting the Mandalorians which are being led by Boba Fett so they can get revenge for what happened to Jango (if he happened to be high on Mandalorian order) and so the Jedi are distracted during this and Yoda, Obi-Wan, Padme and the newborn Skywalker twins are in hiding during this but Vader finds them with the hired help of Boba Fett (who really just wants Obi-Wan, but is ordered to capture Padme alive so Vader can kill her himself by order of Palpy) and so when Yoda, Obi-Wan, Padme and the twins are about to escape, Vader & Boba comfront them, while Yoda and the twins are waiting in the ship trying to provide cover fire and Padme is trying to kill Boba in a blaster fight as Obi and Vader are dueling, Obi-Wan is able to wound Vader and begins giving cover for Padme to run to the ship but while Obi-Wan is going up the boarding ramp Fett is able to injure him in which Padme goes to help and Obi-Wan is able to climb aboard but by an agrivated Boba Fett is disentigrated before Obi-Wan can help her, and so Yoda & Obi take off towards Alderran where they hide Leia with the Organas and Obi-Wan takes Luke and Yoda to Dagobah where Yoda goes into hiding then finally Obi-Wan goes to Tatooine, takes Luke to the Owens, while Obi-Wan consumes the identity of Ben and destroys the ship so that no one can find it.

I figured that way it would have some interesting tie-ins, like Vader & Boba "No disentigrations" and Luke "This place seems familiar" :D It was just a theory I thought of tho.

Rollo Tomassi
02-25-2002, 08:28 AM
If Boba Fett "disintegrated" Padme, I don't think Vader would be so calm about admonishing Fett in ESB when he says "No Disintegrations." He'd be talking about his wife to the guy who killed her. If Fett killed Padme, Vader would make sure Fett was the next carcass to be shot out into space, not make him the Empire's fave Bounty Hunter.

Darth Ovori
02-25-2002, 08:52 AM
Rollo has a point there...

I think Padme will sacrifies her life at some point of EIII to save the twins.

But I doubt that Boba will have anything to do with anything concerning her death...

Jedi Clint
02-25-2002, 01:00 PM
The fact of the matter remains:

Leia KNEW her mother.

Will E3 take place when Leia is 3 or 4? No. How then, will Obi Wan Kenobi deliver infant Luke to the Lars family in the same film that sees Padme pass away AFTER her daughter has time to form permanent memories of her? Will it span 3 or 4 years? I doubt it seriously. It will probably span no more than a couple months max.

http://www.starwarskids.com/enter_the_saga/album/16.html

They need only show that Padme is not doing very well. It might be difficult for those of you without children to imagine, but the loss of a child is devastating. Leaving Luke with the Lars family is the nail in her coffin. Other "nails" include losing her mate to the dark side. Losing her way of life and her freedom to the New Order. Having twins isn't easy on a gal either. In a VERY short span of time, Padme is subjected to the following life altering events:

Her mate (whom she had been worried about personally and in the context of their offspring) dies and is reborn a monster. Once being a prominent leader in the galaxy she is required to take shelter as a nobody in the court of the Organas. She has twin babies that she is immediately required to split up. One goes to another world to live, while the other is adopted by the Organas, and she must live with the knowledge that she is not legally her child anymore. Tragic......fatally.

LTBasker
02-25-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
The fact of the matter remains:

Leia KNEW her mother.

Ever heard of the subconciousness? Memories that are there even if you were "supposedly" too young to remember? Very young would most likely be past 3 or 4. Also, exactly how can E3 not have the Skywalker twins in it? I mean there is no exact time limit between movies set.

I didn't say me theory WAS what was gonna happen, just something I came up with sometime ago in like a minute or so, don't take it so seriously, yeesh, I just it would be interesting if there were those connections in there. :D

Dryanta
02-25-2002, 07:04 PM
A few good ideas floating around.I really don't like the Boba Fett idea mostly because I don't like Boba Fett.I guess I'd have to agree with the idea of all the heart ache of her life shortened it.I'd have to say Leia could really remember her mother because she was old enough to.Still very young at the same time.I don't think having Anikin physically turn on padme works well for me.If Vader after years of being a sith was easy on luke then I guess I don't see how he would be able to just attack Padme.Just me I guess

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 11:51 AM
If the "subconscious" theory were true, then how come Luke wouldn't remember her? She would've died while they were both still with her, but Luke "has no memories of his mother." So Leia was at least a year or two old when Padme died, well after the end of Episode III. Besides I think it will be a more melancholy ending if Padme and Obi Wan realize they have lost Anakin to the Dark Side.
By the way. Yoda and the twins provide cover fire?? THAT would be funny to see a couple of infants in the gun turrets on the Falcon, blasting away at legions of Clonetroopers. I don't think it will happen though...

INDIANA
03-24-2002, 11:35 PM
I am still holding to my theory that Padme will become/hide as Mon Mothma. It seems to me that it would fit. Wher is Mon Mothma during E2? Bail Organa is there. I think Padme will give birth, Luke is spirited away, Leia stays with her mom on good friend Bail's homeworld. I don't think Leia states she remembers her monther dying, just remembers her when she was very small. Padme's "death" is to confuse Anakin, help hide the children, and paves the way for her to assume a new identity.

evenflow
03-25-2002, 02:59 PM
Decapitation maybe? I doubt it. I am not really sure. We may not even see her death.

starwars92590
03-25-2002, 03:06 PM
well maybe it has something to do with the force. Leia can rember her mother because of the force! Luke can't because he has never really seen her. just a thought.

Steingrabber
03-30-2002, 12:08 PM
I've never liked the idea of Padme dying because it can't happen in Episode III, and after that, we get nothing. For someone as strong as she is, I can't see the death by heartache theory. Wounded? Drop her in a bacta tank and voila. Can't see that one either. I think one of the reasons that the OG trilogy isn't coming out on DVD until after the current trilogy is done is because George will answer some of the questions we're left with from the new trilogy. I honestly don't think she's dead, just hiding. I'm sure Palpatine hates her, she's always screwed things up for him. Do you remember when they made a really big deal about the air bus showing up on Coruscant at the end of the Jedi special edition? It was said that this scene was to be used to connect the new trilogy with the old one. Well, aside from showing us Coruscant for the first time, it wasn't that big a deal. I wouldn't be surprised if they filmed a new scene with a made-to-look-older Natalie showing up to wait for her kids to come to Coruscant, knowing that they will show up. Will this screw up the EU? Hell yeah, but since when was that ever a real issue with GL. While we're at it, why didn't Luke ask Obi-wan what happened to his mother??? Damn "Jedi" frustrates me sometimes. Anyways, I know the OG DVDs will have new stuff in them, hopefully they'll answer some of our questions. Personally, I'd love to see a shot at the end of Jedi panning out over the current Tattooine end sequence shot to a big burnt out hole in the ground and a lone figure's silhouette barely standing at the top of a sand dune. :D

The Rubber Cat
03-30-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Steingrabber
Anyways, I know the OG DVDs will have new stuff in them, hopefully they'll answer some of our questions. Personally, I'd love to see a shot at the end of Jedi panning out over the current Tattooine end sequence shot to a big burnt out hole in the ground and a lone figure's silhouette barely standing at the top of a sand dune. :D

Paving the way for Boba Fett to star in the third trilogy, eh steingrabber?

The Rubber Cat wish11. es to know what OG stands for. Old Guard? Original Group? I crave answers!

browndroid
03-30-2002, 05:59 PM
very interesting theories, perhaps she doesnt die, just lives in the shadows. goes into hiding, gets a new identity, and starts the new life untill she can be reunited with her children...just a thought

Steingrabber
04-01-2002, 01:02 AM
Sorry, in my last post OG just slang for original. George has said they're adding new material to the origianl trilogy, new things being filmed and all. I'm hoping they don't kill Padme, but I read somewhere in an early interview with GL that he said deciding to have Luke and Leia's mom die in the script for Jedi was one of the most difficult decisions he'd made regarding the films. However...dramatic pause....he's been known to change things before. I'm sure that several of the ideas for the current trilogy were completely different in the rough drafts from eons ago. So, this may be something we see, I hope. Can you imagine never having what happens to Padme answered??? I'd love to see George say something like, God there's too much that needs to happen between ep3 and ep4, so, let's renumber everything starting with ANH being ep5 etc...and film a new ep4. Wishful thinking.....

Rollo Tomassi
04-01-2002, 08:26 AM
I've often thought and wondered and pondered if George might not renumber the series if he ever feels like doing more movies. It's a ludicrous notion, to be sure. But since when has that ever stopped him before?

Taichi
04-06-2002, 06:52 PM
God I love the way the new movies are debunking the EU.....I always hated the books.....

which proves again in my mind, that Boba Fett, is in fact, dead.....as he should be......

I'd hate to see him come out alive at the end of the Jedi DVD, because that would be George Lucas pandering to the masses....and that's not GL's style....

I think that George sets the universe, and anything that wasn't helmed by Lucas, is just garbage........so, therefore, in my mind.....Fett is dead.....

furthermore, it makes more sense for Boba Fett to be dead, apparently he's gonna be some kind of badass in the new trilogy......which is a total departure of character, due to the fact that in the original trilogy he didn't DO anything......

so, being a bad guy, it stands to reason that he should pay for his crimes......

therefore, Fett is dead......I always hated the concept of the fans falling in love with him anyway.....he's a nobody character, who did nothing......everybody just fell in love with him because of the costume.......so, they created a backstory for a secondary character who doesn't deserve anything more than a passing mention in a book of obscure SW apocrypha.......and so GL decides, to satiate the masses, to include him as a badass in his new trilogy....

I think it sucks, but I don't make the rules......

BobaFett
04-10-2002, 06:22 PM
Dude, Fett is alive, if GL wanted him dead, he wouldn't have brought in his father to give hope to Fett fans, He did survive the sarlac pit. I think the only reason I think Fett didn't have much lines is becuase of the time contraint. And how could such an underdeveloped character have enough fans to bring his father into a prequel anyway.

Rollo Tomassi
04-10-2002, 10:56 PM
First off, I want to mention my idea about a Star Wars take on the Dashiell Hammett "Red Harvest" story with Boba Fett on a outer rim planet. (Red Harvest has been made into a film three times: Kurosawa's Yojimbo, Sergio Leone's Fistful of Dollars, and Walter Hill's Last Man Standing)

I agree, that Fett is just a guy in cool looking armor in the movies. But the EU Fett is a really complicated guy with a skewed set of morals and it would be interesting to explore those on film in a sequel trilogy.

jawaboy
04-11-2002, 11:31 AM
Maybe she disappears to go to acting school. She needs it. Badly.

subMERGE
04-14-2002, 07:54 AM
I really hope they don't kill Padme. I really like her and feel she is one of the strongest characters in all of the six movies. It would crush me if she died. Hopefully, she'll just hide out.

Eternal Padawan
04-14-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by subMERGE
I really hope they don't kill Padme. I really like her and feel she is one of the strongest characters in all of the six movies. It would crush me if she died. Hopefully, she'll just hide out.

This is more of a debate whether she dies ONSCREEN. Leia told Luke that "her mother died when she was very young" so she does die. It's just that we don't know if she dies at the end of the movie, or dies between Episode's III and IV. I think she makes it to the end of the film.

subMERGE
05-05-2002, 08:13 AM
Maybe Padme has to hide out, and so that Leia doesn't worry about her or put herself in danger by her tyring tio find her mother, Padme tells someone to tell Leia that she is dead.

bigbarada
05-05-2002, 02:10 PM
She has to die sometime, she's only human after all. It's best if she dies between Ep3 and 4 this way Leia's words will provide some closure as to what happens to her.

DarthBrandon
05-06-2002, 09:35 PM
I think the best one I've heard was that Padme kills herself off
and assumes the identity of Mon Mothma to throw the sent off her
and her children and she reunites with them at the end of Rotj to
continue her adventures with her children.

scruffziller
05-08-2002, 05:16 PM
She will die of a broken heart, literally, literally die. Anakins fall to the darkside will grieve her so much it will kill her.

DarthBrandon
05-08-2002, 11:50 PM
Scruff,
Why die of a broken heart when you have 2 kids to watch over &
she seems so strong willed.

Jedi Clint
05-09-2002, 12:25 AM
She doesn't get to watch over her new born children. One is taken to Tatooine. The other she must watch grow up as the daughter of the Organas. She is no longer a leader of the people, but a refugee. Her mate died/is no longer the man he once was/isn't around. All that at once......I believe that is enough to destroy one's will to live.

DarthBrandon
05-09-2002, 12:44 AM
Well it makes for a good discussion but Leia remembers her mother as said in return of the Jedi, so if this is true then can anybody remember things from when they were first born let alone from the age of 2 or three. If she dies then we probably won't see it happen is my guess. And i meant watch over in figuartive speech, not directly but from afar.

Jedi Clint
05-09-2002, 01:04 AM
When I was at C2, I really missed my kids. I was anxious to see them again. I even spoke with the 3 year old on the phone. I wanted to be at the show, but that didn't drown out missing them as I did. I think any parent that loves their kids could understand how it would cause a sickness in their soul to be seperated from them for extended periods against your will.

I understand what you mean about watching over them from afar, but she doesn't actually get to be with Luke, and Leia is someone else's daughter.

I don't think anyone can remember before the age of 3 or 4 and even then their memories are fuzzy. I asked my wife (a teacher) what she learned about the subject, and she basically confirmed as much.

Padme will probably live in the royal court of the Organa family on Alderaan where she is able to take care of Leia from time to time and form a relationship with her. Then some time after Leia is mature enough to handle the truth she is told that the woman who used to take care of her was her real mother.

Just a guess ;).

DarthBrandon
05-09-2002, 01:23 AM
Not bad at all Jedi Clint, i kinda like that guess it sounds pretty
reasonable also i like the story about your kids, it kinda reminded
me of my four year old and the way i miss him when i'm not around him. (work etc) You said you were at celebration 2 did
you happen to get any Sacul's at if so would you be willing to part with one. Or if you know someone who is.

Jedi Clint
05-09-2002, 01:40 AM
Thanks Brandon. I didn't even bother with the C2 store line. I went to opening ceremonies Friday and when I got out, I asked someone in line if there were any Lucas figures left. The answer was no, and the next 2 days the line was even longer by the time I got through the doors. I decided to spend my time waiting in more enjoyable lines ;).

My friend got the maximum aloud and I am currently in negotiations to trade him for a couple (the most he will part with)......one for myself, and another for someone who has already asked me to wheel and deal. This means I must go through my collection of figures and catalog them (something I have been putting off since oooohhhhhh 1995), so that will take some time **ugh**. I don't know if I will have anything he wants or not, but if I do, both are spoken for. Sorry. I am not upset about missing out on the figure at the show because I had fun. It was an experience that I am proud to have been a part of. If I can get the figures......great......if not.......I will only feel guilty that I was unable to come through for the other interested party.

A couple of interesting points about the sale of the figure: My friend told me that on Sunday one person ripped the figure open in front of thousands waiting in line and stated that "Figures were meant to be played with." Groans and jeers came from the masses. :rolleyes: I thought that was kind of funny. He also said that when they were completely gone on Sunday and the announcement was made, even those that didn't get the figure cheered. I found that interesting as well. It is cool to know there is an actual collectible Star Wars toy out there, and that (I believe) is what those people were cheering about.

DarthBrandon
05-09-2002, 02:00 AM
Cool Jedi Clint, by the way Brandon is my sons name, I use this
because I can never get him off my mind he's so cool to have around (anyways you know what i mean) Still if you come across any in the futur feel free to give me a buzz. I collect as a hobby for
myself but really they (the toys) will end up in my sons hands when he is old enough to take care of them. Thanks for the chat
bro.
Take care

Darth Nihilus
05-16-2002, 02:18 PM
What age are luke and Leia in ANH and how long before ANH is Ep3 supposed to take place?

DarthBrandon
05-16-2002, 05:32 PM
Around 18 to twenty years old. Approx. twenty years.

artdoesart
05-17-2002, 07:13 PM
ever thought...

she dies during her preganancy.. thus vader is unaware, that the kid(s) survived? i just couldn't seeing someone kill there own wife, especially when ani's admits that he has thought of padme everyday for the past 10 years... and then finally to hook up and then off her like some crack hoe... i doubt it...

any opinions on the pregnancy bit.

krade wassal
10-24-2002, 01:27 PM
i read many post about the way padmé could die in episode 3.some said the want to see padmé died,others not.many theory have been put on the net but i think mine is the most possible.what i thinks about what will happen to padmé is the following.when you'll finish to read it,i think you all understand what is about.

episode 2
padmé:"you had a nightmare again last night?"

anakin:"i saw my mother,i saw her as clearly as i see you.she is suffering,padmé.they're killing her!she in pain..."

episode 3

obi-wan"you still have nightmare,my friend?"

anakin"yes...like a messages...like the one a had when i had dream of my mother,before she died.this time...i saw Padmé!she dying in the futur,a futur where i'm not!it can't be possible!i have to find her Ben.i'll go to kessel and bring her back"

obi-wan"you must not go,we have a battle to fight,here.possibly the final of the clone war,we need you,i need you!"

anakin"i'm sorry obi-wan,i must find her!"

obi-wan"no!"

anakin"why ?"

obi-wan"because she's not on kessel!"

anakin"what!?where she is ?tell me!"

obi-wan"i..i can't"

anakin"you can't!?tell me!"

obi-wan"anakin,calm yourself!"

anakin"i'm tired to do what you want!you never trust me!i'm no longer your pupil!i'm the chosen one!i know people who want to see me became stronger with the force...not like you!i will proove it!"

obi-wan"anakin!where do you go!?"

anakin"find padmé...and don't try to to stop me..."

obi-wan"you will not go!"

Jedi Master Silas
10-26-2002, 02:54 AM
Who seperated the children?? Was it Ben's idea because he saw what Anakin was becoming??? If so did he stay on Tatooine to watch over Luke.

I still cant grasp the fact that Anakin didnt know he had twins..but I quess that will unfold in Ep3.

Beast
10-26-2002, 09:49 AM
The possibility exists that Yoda seperated the children, and that Ben has no knowlege of Leia. Remeber the exchange of dialogue between Obi and Yoda in Empire. Obi: "That boy is our last hope." Yoda: "No, there is another." It seems like Yoda gave Luke to Obi-Wan to have him take him and deliver him to Owen and Beru Lars to take care of.

It seems that from the fact that Leia remembers her mother, that Yoda would send Padme and Leia with Bail Organa to Alderaan. There Leia was adopted by the Organa family, and Padme stayed on to watch over her daughter until she died. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

otisdodge
10-27-2002, 03:20 AM
Does anyone else think that Padmé actually marries Organa?

steve3p0
11-10-2002, 10:27 AM
" I will be the most powerful Jedi ever ... I promise you ... I will even learn to stop people from dying"

Padme and Anakin have been apart for some time, Padme due to her duties as a Senator, Anakin due to his as a Jedi (apprentice). During this time, Padme gives birth to the children- of which, Anakin is aware of Luke but is not aware of Leia.

Padme strays from her allegiance to the republic once it is clear that Palpatine will not deliver the peace and prosperity he promised at EP1's end. Padme will ally herself with Obi-Wan and Yoda as they make their futile attempt at stopping Palpatine's growing control over the galaxy. Anakin will become Palpatine's apprentice.

Near EP3's end, Anakin tracks down Obi-Wan, as he is helping Padme to hide Luke from Anakin and Palpatine. (Leia has been already hidden.) Obi-Wan tells Padme to hide Luke and herself as he is certain that he must duel with Anakin. Padme witnesses this final duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan. As Padme watches Anakin defeating Obi-Wan, she will reveal herself to him, distracting him and preventing him from destroying Obi-Wan.

Anakin makes clear his allegiance to Palpatine, his becoming a Sith and begins to speak the line "You must join me" ( asking her to follow him with Palpatine and not fight against them. )

(To me, that line's use as a repeated theme in the other movies seems as though it would likely be used in EP3 and would fit in well at this point as does the next part.)

Padme stops him mid-setence ... "No Anakin, You must join ME and together we can end Palpatine's reign, restore peace to the galaxy... and you and I can be together again." "It is the only way."

Anakin briefly contemplates her offer and replies, "You don't know the power of the dark side, I cannot betray my master."

Padme realizes she cannot turn Anakin and like Luke choosing certain death over joining his father, she will choose death and fall to the lava and perish. (The duel takes place around/above lava ?) Anakin tries to save her and suffers his injuries in his attempt. Obi-Wan escapes with Luke.

That is the climax of the movie, leaving a few minutes shortly after, to end the final Star Wars wars movie with Anakin as Darth Vader at Palpatine's side and Obi-Wan's delivering of Luke to the Lars family on Tatooine.

Toad
11-15-2002, 09:06 AM
Won't Anakin be expelled from the Jedi Order?

Amazing this thread is a year old!!

Darth Sidious
11-17-2002, 07:45 PM
I was thinking maybe she died from an infection/disease. From what, you ask? The Nexu scratch. Those claws had to be dirtier than Hell.

Jedi Clint
11-17-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Toad
Won't Anakin be expelled from the Jedi Order?

Amazing this thread is a year old!!

I don't think so. Anakin and Padme's discussion in AOTC foreshadows the fate of their relationship. Their marriage was a secret despite their agreement that keeping their union hidden would destroy them. I think it will remain under-cover until Padme can no longer deny her pregnancy.