PDA

View Full Version : the Whilly Wonka remake,Marlyn Manson may be the new Wonka.

mylow thehutt
04-17-2003, 09:33 PM
:eek: While in spencers today,I broke wind of the old whilly wonka movie to my friend and an employe of the store said he has heard rumors that theres going to be a remake of whilly wonka,and there thinking of casting Marlyn manson as the lead role.If this turns out to be true then Lets just say if the oompa-loompas scared you befor then theres no telling whats instored.And no happy moive from the 70s-80s is safe.:stupid:

Patient Zero
04-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
:eek: While in spencers today,I broke wind .:stupid:

HeeeeeHeeeeeeHeeeee! Childish? Perhapse, but what else am I going to be doing in the middle of the night............zip it!!!

RooJay
04-17-2003, 09:58 PM
That's actually a very old rumor that I'm pretty sure was debunked a long time ago. I can almost certainly assure you that Marilyn Manson will not be playing Wonka if this thing goes ahead.

bobafrett
04-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
I can almost certainly assure you that Marilyn Manson will not be playing Wonka if this thing goes ahead.

I should hope not. I enjoy the version with Gene Wilder. Why ruin a good movie?

James Boba Fettfield
04-18-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
Why ruin a good movie?
You're just now asking that question?

plasticfetish
04-18-2003, 04:35 AM
No, the Manson thing is an old old rumor. He's a fan of the original movie and said once that he'd like to do it. The original word was that Nicolas Cage would star, but that was over a year ago. The film is still in pre-production limbo while they try to get a script together and decide on a director. Probably never going to happen, but who knows.

evenflow
04-18-2003, 08:13 AM
I could actually see it work, i think it woul dbe cool.

Fulit
04-18-2003, 10:36 AM
That sound you hear is me hanging myself in mourning over:

Hollywoods growing list of remakes.
Marilyn Manson still having a career, and possibly defacing what could be considered Gene Wilder's finest work.

scruffziller
04-18-2003, 01:46 PM
It might as well have been a Manson film with the chicken heads being chopped off. I couldn't figure that out when I saw it, "this is a children's flick????"

JediTricks
04-18-2003, 03:34 PM
I guess some rumors never die.

Patient Zero
04-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Hollywoods growing list of remakes.
Marilyn Manson still having a career.

He does? I haven't heard anything about him in years.

plasticfetish
04-18-2003, 05:01 PM
He's a painter now. He makes beautiful beautiful watercolor paintings.

Like this one ... "The gentle thinker" (http://www.marilynmansonartworkonline.com/images/items/2mm_big_003.jpg)

Or maybe this one (http://www.marilynmansonartworkonline.com/images/items/mm_007.jpg) is more to your liking.

Nice huh?

Darth Jax
04-18-2003, 09:44 PM
any no-talent hack could do those paintings, but if you can add the MM signature to them the value goes up substantially. like the say one man's junk is the next man's treasure. MM has really been persona non grata in the greater denver area for years.

although with the way hollywood churns out movies, wouldn't be surprised to see a new willy wonka. if not cage then the equally talentless brendan fraser would probably be tabbed to star.

bobafrett
04-19-2003, 12:43 AM
I just heard a new song by Marilyn Manson today, because they played it on the radio. It was just as bad as his other stuff. I'm afraid to even own any of Mansons music, for I'm afraid when I meet St. Peter at the gate, he'll say, "Nope, can't come into Heaven, you owned a Marilyn Manson C.D., go to Hades!"