PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest thread ideas/titles.

Jargo
04-18-2003, 02:36 PM
A wee while back a conversation sprang up in general section about how you'd know if someone had you on the ignore list. Which reminded me that i was going to post a thread asking that question here just for a laugh:

'So, who's got me on their ignore list then....?'

And of course the thread would never get anywhere but the first thread starter post by me. Which after seeing the conversation made me realisre that there has to be a thread in itself in this. Stupid thread starters that will never work. Stupid misleading titles. Dead end question threads.

I don't know about you but it makes me laugh to find a dumb thread title somewhere. Or something so left of field it'll just never go anywhere.

And this isn't about pointing fingers but about being creative. I don't know if this will turn into the very turkey it discusses but I'll see how it lands anyway. :D

Patient Zero
04-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Light this fuse for me, would you Jargo!?!

There are tons of threads that I just look at and shake my head and then there are threads that never make it off the ground when I enjoyed them. I get the feeling that many people think about the threads that they start as their babies and get insulted when someone jokes about their validity. As far as the titles of the threads are concerned, most seem pretty strait forward, but some I do go to check out and leave after only reading a few lines because it is not what I thought that it would be.

bobafrett
04-18-2003, 03:04 PM
This is why I don't start threads, for fear of having it be so stupid that it scrolls on down to the bottom of the page, and into obscurity, without one single reply.

Kidhuman
04-18-2003, 03:15 PM
I have started a few threads. Some successful and some not. To me it doesn't matter if they are or not, as long as it gets a response it deserves. The only thing I get mad at is if it is going along fine, and someone makes a comment and gets it closed. Other than that, oh well if people think it is stupid.

Jargo
04-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Not stupid, just iffy ideas. I don't intend this to point at anyone who's thread has died and say they're stupid or that the thread was stupid although sometimes misspelled titles are really funny and end up being about nothing because of it. I don't want to be nasty to anyone just affectionately have fun. Hope people will see this thread in that vein. If it looks like straying anywhere else then I want it closed or preferably deleted. Only spam is stupid. :)

PoggleTheGreater
04-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Hey, what's your favorite source music?

Lapti Nek
Rat a ran wim joct co jappi qaff
Lapti Nek
Kiv ba ha top wep jex pi va bep
Lapti Nek
Rat a ran wim joct co jappi qaff
Deg zorze zot
Jem wih tuster mo vey
Qui neb be og ezen on
Wok lapti nek seb not van
Goc jarraz bas deg zorze zot
Lapti nek, lapti nek...

:)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18830

stillakid
04-18-2003, 09:59 PM
I don't know about "stupid" thread ideas, though I search through the archives might turn a couple up. But sometimes the way the title is worded can be moderately amusing. For instance, the current thread "Favorite Figure to Date! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18887)". Since I'm married, it's out of the question, but I'd probably choose Slave Leia for a night out on the town if I had the chance. :cool:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-18-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I don't know about "stupid" thread ideas, though I search through the archives might turn a couple up. But sometimes the way the title is worded can be moderately amusing. For instance, the current thread "Favorite Figure to Date! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18887)". Since I'm married, it's out of the question, but I'd probably choose Slave Leia for a night out on the town if I had the chance. :cool:

Hardy Har Har ;) Actually, until you said that, I didn't see it LOL :)

Um, lessee, this is kinda funny, maybe only to me but I was sitting here typing and I have lots of plane traffic over my house and alot of times they slow down their engines right above and it sounds like they are going to crash and it gets all freaky and stuff and I was going to post a thread and then I thought, "well really Deox, nobody's gonna give a S**t about that!" and so I didn't post it because I didn't want to take up space for a bunch of nothing and then I'm looking at the newly posted threads and I see this one and have a nice big laugh to myself ROFL and thank the maker I didn't post it as a thread! :crazed:

I think when I first started coming here I was real nervous to post stuff but now I know everyone here is crazy anyhow so it really doesn't matter. And I mean crazy in the most endearing of ways :) :kiss:

I also think thread titles can be misleading or just not put out there correctly and what could have been an awesome thread just goes by the wayside because the title didn't capture it correctly.

mabudonicus
04-19-2003, 12:06 AM
I can say,honestly, that only maybe 1 out of 10 of the "what the heck does the title even MEAN?" will I ever check out.... won't name any, but there's a lot that I just don't bother with just because my net connection is slow and life is short......
Oh, and Jargo, maybe the best title is "I want to Glind thew anster gant"..... never figured it out;),that......

seth_quinn
04-19-2003, 12:36 AM
"Stupidest thread ideas/titles"

yeah, I think those are all the ones I start. I bet I haven't responded to something and actually added to the conversation once this week.

2-1B
04-19-2003, 01:18 AM
One day I was lounging around on the couch spending wayyyyy too much time playing with my Nexu toy, so I started the What does the Nexu want with Jargo ? (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10041&highlight=What+Does+Nexu+Want+Jargo) thread . . . and then I thought, "hell, I don't even know if that's how Jargo actually pronounces his "name" !
So I figured that maybe I had a Stupid Thread Idea on my hands. :crazed:

Thankfully, JP came along and validated my assumption. :D

Jargo
04-19-2003, 08:21 AM
That's the best thread ever! :D

kool-aid killer
04-19-2003, 07:47 PM
Ive wanted to make a thread about peoples ebay id's but i dont want anybody to think that i would be stalking them to see what they are bidding on. Ive wanted to know why people have the screen names they do (ex. Darth Jax, Kidhuman, Mabudon, Exhaust Port and just about everyone else on here) Ive wanted to start a thread where new forum members could post at least once and introduce themselves. But overall i dont feel ive seen any dumb threads.

Darth Jax
04-19-2003, 10:33 PM
i know there are some dumb threads out there, i probably started half of them. for quite some time i was a lurker, i'd read all the posts but never have anything to add myself. then slowly began posting and finally starting a few threads myself. often threads that are completely nonsensical are the best ones, consider Dagnabbit (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18758).
what i dislike are thread titles that give no clue as to what will be contained within.

jim jones, er... kool-aid killer, ask and ye shall receive. i dug the 'explain your username' thread out. it's in general discussion area.

2-1B
04-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by kool-aid killer
But overall i dont feel ive seen any dumb threads.

Then you aren't looking hard enough. :crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
04-20-2003, 01:08 AM
I am thinking about starting one about the various things we've won from vending machines. I put in a dollar for a Vanilla Coke just now, and I was rewarded with a Brutus Buckeye doll, hence my inspiration. Well, I've just ruined my thread idea by giving it away here, so I guess it falls under the stupid category.

Lobito
04-23-2003, 04:51 PM
I wont say there are stupid thread titles, but definitely many of them are repetitive, but who can blame them this site has so many threads that its almost imposiible to find the specific topic we want to talk about, so the easiest way out is to make a new thread. remember the SW vs. ST thread??

Threads that i enjoy are the simplest ones about pirates about weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee´s, etc. yep, those are number 1!!:D

2-1B
06-02-2006, 11:37 PM
threads asking for Hasbro questions are pretty dumb

:crazed:

I am thinking about starting one about the various things we've won from vending machines. I put in a dollar for a Vanilla Coke just now, and I was rewarded with a Brutus Buckeye doll

WHOA NELLY ! Buckeye for Jaymz, they call one of their 3 times out. Whoaaaa ohhh. lol

I don't think that would be a stupid thread. At least, not any worse than a thread on kids getting locked in refridgerators. :grin:

JediTricks
06-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Stupidest thread title? "Portry!"

:p (sorry Chux)