PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of the new G.I Joe line??

Roufuss
04-19-2003, 12:34 AM
I had my doubts at first, but it does look like it's slowly getting better. Wave 6 was pretty damn cool, but Wave 7 will be heaven (with all the awesome figs we're finally getting) and hell (with all the army building this wave has, at least FOUR figures!!).

The only problem I have, with some of the newer Joe's, as that some of them are very rigid, and like to stay in a set position. Usually their stomach will dip forward again, or the legs are set a certain way, like they've been in the prison for too long.

Also, does anyone know where I can buy stands at, in bulk and at a bargain?? These new Joe's cry out for stands, yet only Wave 1.5 seemed to have them??? And those stands work great for the new Joes, who seem to have standing problems of their own, and it gets hard to display them.

Sentinel18725
04-19-2003, 01:57 AM
I do like the new line. I'm having trouble deciding to keep buying them. I'm also torn about the rereleasing of color variants. I like the idea of the guys being in different color to match the terrain (ie sand, snow, forest). Overall they are pretty good. I also hope they stick with one form or the other. Maybe I'm having difficulties remembering that kids don't know that the Viper is different then the new ones (ie Orings and such). Let's hopethey keep getting better.

QLD
04-19-2003, 05:47 AM
I like them a lot, and think they are great. I just wish I had the urge and money to collect them. They were my favorite toy of my childhood, but the only new ones I have bought is the original storm shadow vs snake eyes 2-pack.

kool-aid killer
04-19-2003, 03:22 PM
I dont collect them but i do think they look cool. I like how they have a few weapons and come with a villian too. The vehicles are sweet looking for the most part.

Jedi Master Silas
04-19-2003, 06:36 PM
I've been collecting small joes since the 80's and I dig the new line. It took some getting used to the different body sculpts but I've grown accustomed to them. I dont mind the color variations for most of the figures. My only wish is that they make more vehicles that are more realistic like the older line was but over all I think the price is great and the figs are very nice.

El Chuxter
04-21-2003, 01:06 PM
I was collecting a lot of these, but with garbage like Spy Troops and the constant rehashing (making it impossible to get some individual characters without getting duplicates of others) has worn on my nerves to such an extent I wasn't even excited to see they finally re-released Roadblock. I'll probably keep picking up figures here and there, but the new toyline isn't nearly as good as the new Image comic, which is my favorite comic currently in production.

RooJay
04-22-2003, 01:53 AM
I was extremely disappointed with the first wave and a half, and there are still a few minor problems here and there (where is Roadblock's neck?! How do the determine the amount of articulation each figure gets? Why are we forced to buy crappy repaints in order to get certain newer figures? What's with the multi-colored Neo Vipers (easy to build an army - impossible to create a sense of 'uniformity')? Zartan doesn't change colors?!!!), but there are getting much better and I'm really digging on the recent waves. Now...if only we could get back the old style (single carded, painted portraits) packaging...