PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban

Jek Porky 2002
04-19-2003, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know why Harry Potter 3 won't be out untill 2004? Will it be out in the Christmas of that year so that there will be a 2 year gap in between the 2nd and 3rd film, or will it be early or mid 2004?

Also I heard that Pam Ferris will be playing Aunt Marge, great casting!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-19-2003, 11:06 AM
Jek- last time i heard, it is due out mid-summer of 2004. I believe they started shooting in February of this year, and rumor has it, the movie is so long, it might be divided into two movies itself, but that's just rumor and i wouldn't reach much into it. I think the new director might have something to do with it's release date, and the fact that there are a fair amount of new creatures and whatnot in this one, so it might take longer. Cheers! :D

Exhaust Port
04-19-2003, 11:20 AM
Aw man, it stinks that we have to wait that long now. I really liked the rhythm of a movie a year. At least we'll have the last in the LoTR's trilogy this year to look forward to.

Eternal Padawan
04-20-2003, 08:22 AM
Everybody was burned out because they basically had to start filming Chamber the week Sorceror came out, so they decided to give everybody some breathing room this time and wait a few months before starting the third film.

The idea is to just film the screenplay for the third one and if the final cut is too long, they will cut in two and release the first half in April or May and the second half in the Traditional November date. I think they are also waiting to see how the Matrix split comes off with audiences.

Then after that, they will probably wait and release Goblet in November of 2005. This one is also being considered for a split into two films, but they have other hurdles before that can happen. The kids' contracts are up after this one and they (*they being WarnerBros) are sitting on the fence as to whether they want to recast for Goblet or not. Radcliffe says he'd like to see the series through to conclusion, but all three of them are aging faster than their characters, and WB might not want to pony up the extra moolah they're sure to ask for.

Eternal Padawan
04-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Also, at the rate the movies are coming out compared to the rate she's writing them, the last movie would come out two years before the last book. :rolleyes:

odb
04-20-2003, 03:19 PM
I believe this one will be a single film, the last one to be in that format and its due out for a summer 2004 release. I think they've only just finished filming, they were filming at Kings Cross scenes a few weeks back. I think they are trying to keep the release of the films special so a gap won't hurt them.

Also Jek Paul Whithouse has been cast as Sir Caddogan (sp) and Timonthy Spall as Peter Pettigrew.

Jayspawn
04-20-2003, 10:50 PM
I don't think they will split the next Harry Potter movie in 2 halves. It'll just be a long movie when it comes out. But I'm excited. Gary Oldman and Michael Gambon are great additions to the films.

Jek Porky 2002
04-21-2003, 07:14 AM
Does anyone know yet how long the fifth book is going to be? I can't see it being smaller than the Goblet Of Fire, because the pattern is that they get bigger and bigger.

Also I did read where Paul Whitehouse had been cast as Sir Caddogan, but I have only just started reading book 3 and I've not got far yet, so I'm not sure what sort of charactor he is, although I am guessing he is a comedy charactor with it being Paul Whitehouse.

scruffziller
04-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Somebody was saying that one reason it is being released late is because they were getting in trouble with child labor laws.

El Chuxter
04-21-2003, 02:31 PM
JP, I don't remember the exact number of pages, but Order of the Phoenix will be about 60-70 pages longer than Goblet of Fire.

I saw Gary Oldman's name mentioned above but haven't heard anything else. . . Sirius Black, I presume? I often envision characters in books as actors or folks I know, and I'd seen Sirius as Geoffrey Rush. But I suppose Mr Rush slinking around could be a tad confusing with Alan Rickman as Snape, so my imagination is probably not the best casting choice. :)

Capitan_Moroni
04-21-2003, 07:34 PM
I'm wracking my brain trying to think of who Sir Caddogan is. Its been awhile since I've read the book, can anybody tell me who he is?

El Chuxter
04-22-2003, 12:09 PM
IIRC, he's the wacky knight in several paintings, who takes over from the fat lady as the doorkeeper to Gryffindor Tower for a bit.

Capitan_Moroni
04-22-2003, 09:08 PM
ahh yes, now I recall, thanks El Chuxter.

Jek Porky 2002
04-25-2003, 06:00 PM
Did anyone here that the Hogwarts Express caught fire whilst filming, that might slow them down a bit!

odb
04-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Did anyone here that the Hogwarts Express caught fire whilst filming, that might slow them down a bit!

It also broke down when they were filming at Kings Cross, delaying the scene for about a week as they can only shoot early on Sunday Mornings.

Have you got to Sir Caddogan yet? Once you have you will probably think that Paul Whithouse is a good choice:D