PDA

View Full Version : Palpatines Racism

Darth Trasko
11-16-2001, 06:36 PM
When will we see Palpatines apparent hatred of all the alien species...will he be less tolerant of alien jedis? and will we see the rise of such notable aliens as Admiral Akbar and Nien Nunb?

GNT
11-16-2001, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trasko
and will we see the rise of such notable aliens as Admiral Akbar and Nien Nunb?

We probably will see them plus Mon Mothma :)

Magnolia-Fan
11-17-2001, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trasko
When will we see Palpatines apparent hatred of all the alien species...

I dont think we will.

Sure, all of the imperials were human, but we really dont see a LOT of unmasked imperials.

Also since I am pretty sure Stormtroopers are clones (the reason for their all being human), maybe the oter imperials, such as tie-fighter pilots are too.

I think if Palpatine was a biggot, he would not have taken on Maul as an apprentice.

Final thought: Garrindan wan an imperial...

Wolfwood319
11-17-2001, 10:33 PM
I think that the hatred of non-human species was started by Imperial propaganda, and not a representation of Palpatine's own inhibitions.

Plus, do we know that Palpatine is even human...

Think about it.

bigbarada
11-17-2001, 10:44 PM
I think, if anything it will be implied, not overtly shown onscreen. It's clear that Palpatine's policies favor humans, namely white male humans if you look at the Imperial Forces shown in the movies.

Co Jo-Da
11-19-2001, 11:56 AM
Palpatine seem to hate everyone/thing that doesn't serve this needs.

Jargo
11-28-2001, 10:51 PM
He's a xenophobe. he will destroy a whole species if they get in the way of his machinations and ambitions. It's not a question of racism but a question of specism. His cloned armies represent himself in his white supremecist likeness. the alien lifeforms represent the bad in the galaxy that must be eradicated to bring about order from the chaos. Simple really. If it aint white and walk on two legs and look like Palpatine it gets destroyed or subjugated into slavery to the empires forces. Usually as menial labour on mining worlds or as barracks servants or spaceport personnel. Crafts skilled aliens would be spared as they are useful.

GNT
11-29-2001, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Plus, do we know that Palpatine is even human...

His human alright,it says so on the back of his (green carded) card :D

I think if Palpatine was a biggot, he would not have taken on Maul as an apprentice.

Maybe he hated alien species after the events of the trade federation in TPM

Wolfwood319
11-29-2001, 03:13 AM
Your going by what Hasbro says!?!?:crazed:

Think about this too, if humans come from more than one planet/system in SW mythos, then wouldn't that also make Humans aliens amongst themselves?

A human born on tatooine is an alien to a human born on coruscant. Not to mention, are the genetic makeups of all humans the same, or are there subtle differences per planet?

What planet is Palpatine from? Do we know? He's a senator for Naboo, but do we know if he was born there? Who were his parents? Where did he learn the ways of the sith? At what point did he formulate his Imperialistic plan? What is his favorite food? What's he wearing under those robes?

Well, you get my point. We still have no idea who he really is.

Co Jo-Da
11-30-2001, 01:18 PM
Ok if Palpatine isn't human, what is he...?

How about he is a SITH and nothing more...

evenflow
12-11-2001, 02:43 PM
Darth Maul didn't seem to be human, do we really know if Palpatine is that racist?

Darth Evil
12-24-2001, 12:06 PM
Maul was a Zabrak, Palpatine might have seen humans as the most efficient to have ships and weapons made for, "I don't think the Empire had Wookies in mind when they designed her, Chewie".

Jargo
12-24-2001, 06:10 PM
Won't some of these posers be answered by episode two? At least a lot of the things we want to know about Palpatine will be answered in hisdealings with alien species. Perhaps the interactions between himself and his aides and followers will leave us with some clues at least as to his background and his views on the aliens issue.

I tend to think that Lucas is deliberately leaving out Palpatines background in order to allow us fans and other viewers a chance to formulate our own opinions. Much as he did with Boba Fett and Vader all those intervening years.

It's clear that Lucas sees little of the EU as usable beyond the visuals. So I'd discount all those 'non cannon' books. Perhaps at the end of the day it's better that Palpatine remains an enigma.
It would leave a little for a final trilogy to explore or explain should there ever be a final trilogy. Doubtful but you never can say no.

Ian McDiarmid has played Palpatine as the most secretive and devious of characters. It's interesting enough to work out who he's playing off who, where he's headed with his plans. He tells other characters what he plans but is that the real story? Is he just using those explanations to steer his followers and associates? He is a villain in the best tradition of villains.

Let's not forget his sexism, he has no women in his Empire. There are no female officers and adjuctants. No female dignitaries Besides Sly Moore in episode two. He obviously has a dim view of females.

There are no Imperial personnel of colour. So he obviously has a dim view of ethnics. So he is a white supremicist.

He has aliens as nothing more than pawns. Like Garindan; A mere tittle tattle tale teller. A spy. Useful but totally dispensible

This goes to show how much Lucas wants to paint Palpatine as pure evil and intolerant of anything he sees as inferior. His Universe will be modelled after his own image and ideals. Deviance is punishable by death. A whole planet perishes under his reign of terror. Billions of lives lost because the government of the planet dared to oppose him.

The mystery of his Sith training may never be explored, but is it that important to know? Is it not enough to know that he chose his destiny? He chose to follow his ambitions and thus become consumed by greed and power lust. He allowed himself to be eaten by that power lust to the point where nothing would stand in his way and nothing was too much to allow him to achieve his goal, to become the supreme being in the Galaxy.

Evil minds are the most inventive and creative. Palpatine is the master for choosing to become who he becomes. He knows of the Sith somehow and his ideals fit the Sith mindset. He makes his own agenda and creates his own set of standards for teraining his apprentice. But he expected Maul to fail, wanted Maul to fail like it was a game and he was taunting the Jedi into action...

Obi-Don
12-30-2001, 10:31 AM
One thing to look at is maybe his hate for nonhumans comes from the failures of his past apprentices.Vader was human and was far more successfull in completing his wishes.

Darth Mojhaan
01-23-2002, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magnolia-Fan

Darth Maul was well trained in the ways of the force and was very deadly with his double bladed lightsaber, so my theory is that he was just a tool to use against the Jedi, very much the way he used Vader as a tool to bring Luke before His Highness. I do believe that he has a hatred for alien species, but he can still find ways to use and manipulate the usefull ones!!! How about that!!!:evil: :evil: :evil: