PDA

View Full Version : What MORON at Hasblow....

INDIANA
04-19-2003, 05:40 PM
...is responsible for short packing figures again? With few exception, I thought the way the POTJ line was case assorted was great! 3-4 new figs, evenly packed. Sure we had some problems (Ketwal/Duros/Amidala) but for the most part I thought it worked well. NOW we are back to short-packed figs. It's bad enough that FEW stores have had any new inventory in the past few MONTHS! Lama Su, Aayla, Baris, the Padawans, Trebor, Wat...all scheduled to be short packed. If you don't actually WORK FOR a retailer that sells the stuff, OR buy on-line, you probably won't see any of these hanging on pegs til fall. If you do buy on-line by the case, keep your fingures crossed that you don't get one of the wonderfull Hasblow quality controlled paint jobs.

Great job Hasblow...keep keeping us happy!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Hm, much anger i sense in him. :D

Roufuss
04-19-2003, 11:12 PM
The funny thing is, the first four figures you mentioned, I saw hanging on a peg at Target this morning, at about 11:30.

Well after the store opened, and they even had doubles of Aayla and Bariss.

Val Da Car
04-20-2003, 01:10 PM
Not near me....I have driven over a 35 mile radius (circle for the younger folk) to six targets and all I have found are Bespin Luke's, Mace (last years) one busted Clone trooper (red) and final battle Jango......

The only highlight was the deluxe Yoda set I got for $7.99...

other than that....peg warmers....oh yeah don't let me forget about the 15 Orn Fre Ta's...at one store.....

sometimes warehouse distrubtion can send out anything......

-unsatisfied customer in SE Wisconsin.......

btw....Wallyworld is still getting in the Yoda w/Chair/Destroyer Droid/Clone trooper pilot wave.....

not a this new....unless the HW guys are picking them off...

oh well...just my $.02

thanks for the space to vent....

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-20-2003, 05:40 PM
It's ok I though where I am never got anything but I started going at different times and I've found 3 2003 so far so don't give up hope

Turbowars
04-20-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Roufuss
The funny thing is, the first four figures you mentioned, I saw hanging on a peg at Target this morning, at about 11:30.

Well after the store opened, and they even had doubles of Aayla and Bariss. You know, this kind of crap cracks me up. Here I can't get my hands on anything and you see doubles, did you fall and hit your head? Did you see cute little birds and stars? You know there's plenty of guys here that would trade other figures, or buy them from you, so if you can sometime pick the extras up and offer them to the board. You never know, maybe someone in your area needs them and maybe they have something you need. I try to do it, I like helping other collectors out. :)

sease9
04-21-2003, 11:38 AM
For real,I never seen any of the 03 figures hangin on no pegs,and I check almost everyday...the ones I did find where still in the case,and where found around 11:30 pm...damn,I still need that Ayla too!!!

Dark Marble
04-21-2003, 12:15 PM
It is dead here to. All that is on the pegs at my local target are screaming mace and hoth sets. I would have a stoke if I found an Aayla hanging on the pegs. :rolleyes:

aceguide
04-21-2003, 05:04 PM
This seems to be the most popular thread on the boards. Maybe it's because THE 2003 FIGURES DO NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roufuss
04-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Turbowars: There was about 6 other new figures with them, and after picking out all 8, and while Target had the buy one get one free sale, I didn't have cash for the other ones since I only had a 20 and some change.

I was just pointing out they are out there if you're patient, and next time I'll remember to put back figures I don't have, to pick up doubles in an internet trade :rolleyes:

Darthvader7677
04-22-2003, 03:10 AM
There is nothing new in CA lately. Which sucks but that's why Im a internet buyer. When I see new stuff in the stores I normally buy doubles. But sense I haven't seen anything new I can't really help you guys out. If I do I'll let you guys know.

Jaff
04-22-2003, 09:26 AM
I feel your pain. For three and a half months I did not see one figure new. But last week when I went to Nashville I stopped constantly at any stop I could and found everything. However 1 out of 5 stores had new stuff, the rest did not. Hang in there and hopefully soon all this backstock inventory will be flushed out. Target's 2 for 5 sale was to thin out back stock so new stuff should be comming in soon. As for the short packing cases I agree with you. The POTJ case packing was the ideal and most gratifying collecting cases released.

Kidhuman
04-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Jaff
I feel your pain. For three and a half months I did not see one figure new.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The last new thing I found was the destryer droid and Yoda JC. My Wally World has had the same 3 figures for the last 4 months. Boba Fett(boy) Tuan-We, and Jango this and Jango that.

Dark Marble
04-22-2003, 10:51 AM
It is always funny to see what the distribution was like in a certain area. At my local target the only thing on the shelves is screaming mace. Meanwhile, at the TRU the most prominent figure is the royal gaurd. And the kb here just keeps getting the first couple of waves in. Now keep in mind that with the exception of target I trek between 7 to 25 miles to look at pegwarmers. Sheesh.

But for some it is jango sitting on shelves, for others it is mace and for others it is the endor trooper. I wonder if we will ever be saying that about those pesky carkoon fett's warming the pegs or all I can find at target are Aayla Secura's....I doubt it.

JediTricks
04-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Hasbro case packing has been abysmal for years. It's a complicated issue and they tackle it head on... in the wrong direction!

Living in SoCal and only buying my figs in stores, the past 5 months have been absolute torture for this hobby and short-packing only makes it worse. Why Hasbro feels the need to bury new figs in cases of old junk and then limit their number is beyond me.

abell748
04-23-2003, 09:40 AM
There are 2003 figures? You would not know it by looking at the pegs. Hasblow does it again!!!