PDA

View Full Version : Premiership

seth_quinn
04-19-2003, 08:27 PM
greetings all. I know this doesn't belong here and will likely get moved quickly, but if I started a thread about football anywhere else on the boards it would immediately get a ton of follow-up posts discussing the who gives a rats arse nfl.

can anyone tell me how the ManU/Arsenal match was on wednesday? it wasn't on tv over here (Canada) so I was only able to listen to it online via ManU radio. sounded like my team really handed it to the Gunners and got the short end of the stick on the scoreboard.

any comments about the situation at the top of the table now that there's only a month or so to go?

looks to me like the ManU is peaking at just the right time.

Go! ManU Go!

odb
04-20-2003, 03:37 PM
Always glad to see another United fan, there's a couple of us here.

The result on Wednesday was 2-2. United took the lead through a brilliant Van Nistelrooy goal (took and pass and outpaced the Arsenal defence before calmly slotting home the ball, you need to see it) . After which Arsenal equalised early in the second half through a lucky goal that came off the heels of Henry. Arsenal then took the lead through Henry with a one on one effort when he was offside, a minute later United equalised through a Giggs header. Then five minutes from time Campbell elbowed Solskjaer and got sent off. Giggs and Van Nistelrooy looked on fire all match.

All in all United pretty much had Arsenal and were unlucky not to get more out of the match. The real big one is to watch is on Wednesday United vs Real. I fancy United not that I'm biased in any way:D

Vortex
04-21-2003, 02:32 PM
So who's going to win the FA Cup this year?

I'm not big into Man. U, I loved Sheff. Wed back in the 90's when it was Waddle and Harks making a splash, but since their fall from grace and deregulation, I watch and follow the boys just a little north of Manchester. I'm a Rangers fan.

odb
04-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Well seeing as I'm not biased;) it will be Southampton and not Arsenal (they're the two that are in the final, with Arsenal knocking out United).

For the League I'm backing United, again not that I'm biased. There only three or four matches left to go and it looks like its going down to the wire.

Vortex
04-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Really, you're pulling for southampton or just assuming.

I was sort of thinking that myself. I listened to the radio broadcast here in the States from the BBC channel, it sounded like a good game.

I'm not sure Arsenal can hang on myself, even after their dismal showing against Celtic a short while back.

But it should be interesting to see if United can hang on.

Vortex
04-23-2003, 03:31 PM
My bad, that was liverpool that got dumped by celtic in the UEFA Cup...not arsenal...(too many friggen red teams out there...)

HARDY
04-23-2003, 07:39 PM
what part of canada u from seth

seth_quinn
04-24-2003, 01:00 AM
hardy - just outside Toronto

down to the wire for sure. if Arsenal didn't have that game at hand, it would look good for ManU but I honestly think it may come down to goal difference. here's hoping my boys can hang on. Arsenal to take the cup. if they feel like ManU is going to finish top of the table, they're gonna lay it all out to ensure they don't let both titles slip through their fingers.

great win against Real today, shame they showed so poorly last week.

what does everyone think about this Beckham/Real situation?

HARDY
04-24-2003, 06:12 AM
i thin he should go for his career but i for one dont wanna see our great captain leave this country............although im a liverpool supporter i think man u are gonna win they are unstoppable at the moment what is it 16 goals in 4 games crazy

odb
04-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Oooooohhhhhhh, hasn't it got interesting today. Arsenal have dropped two points and got a load of players injured. Thats means that United are top by two points and having played the same number of games. I think United are now definetly in control.

On the Real match, it was a good result, I think United are the only club side to really be able to stand up to Real. Its a pity we didn't convert more of the chances we had, we could have even dumped Real out.

As for Beckham, he'd be a fool to leave United and United would be stupid to let him go. Not only do very few English footballers flourish outside of England, he would be leaving the largest club in the world, doesn't really add up for me. Besides come the summer hopefully some new faces will come in (United need another striker, Diego Tristan or Andrev Shevchenko will do, a midfielder, Ronaldinho will do, an experienced defender, Nesta where are you? and a new goalkeeper). Besides which why would they sell possibly one of their best players without a replacement?

seth_quinn
04-26-2003, 03:17 PM
hmm, big opportunity for ManU tomorrow after Arsenal tied today. go ManU!

saw a clip of the "beckham wants out" page from the sun. I hope he stays, better for club and country I think.

seth_quinn
05-04-2003, 06:49 PM
(frolicking about the house with a poo-poo eating grin) ....we are the champions, we are.....

congrats and thank you.

Jek Porky 2002
05-10-2003, 01:40 PM
Where have I been, nice to meet another Man U fan!!

Are you actually Canadian Seth, or an English person living there?

Champions Again!!

seth_quinn
05-12-2003, 12:31 AM
hey there,

yup, second generation Canadian but for some reason the UK influence has evolved as a recurring theme. music, culture, sport, cliched sterotypes (irn-bru & flake's - mmm, yummy), ... the list goes on. most things English just appeal to me a little more than others. I was in London in the early 90's and spent about 750 pounds on goodies to bring back with me.

odb
05-13-2003, 03:29 PM
We are the champions, we are the champions,

And Ruud picked up the Golden Boot, not too bad considering we were written off back in November after that loss to City. Oh the fun of rubbing it in on Gooners that have crawled out of the woodwork over the last few years.

Seth does this mean you like a flake in a pint of Boddingtons?

seth_quinn
05-14-2003, 01:26 AM
aw man, I've been dreading this enevitable question 'cause I just know I'm gonna get smacked around for it by someone. oh well, time to fess up, while I do prefer a pint to a bottle of north american beer, my 2 faves are guinness and kilkenny. no sweets with them either, rather something tasty from our good friends a benson & hedges while I step up to the line with my lucky union jack flites. just rented formula 51 over the weekend, even as a manU fan it was hilarious to watch robert carlyle's character taking the ****** out of them in that pub. anyone over there know what's up prince nassem hamed? he seems to have just disappeared.

Jek Porky 2002
05-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Wow Seth I am really impressed with your knowledge of England! (Sorry I can't do the same for you with my knowledge of Canada)