PDA

View Full Version : I love Aayla Secura!

Old Fossil
04-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Snagged this blue bombshell a couple days ago at Wal-Mart (along with a Traveling Bilbo!!!) and have been playing with her ever since.

The paint job is simple and well-executed, from the eyes to the dull gold-tone finish on her boots. Her top has a nice leathery look to it. The tattoos (if that's what the markings on her "antennae" are) are perfectly applied and intricate to the point of amazement on a small plastic toy.

The sculpt is excellent! The likeness to the actress is very, very close, much more so than we are used to with female SW characters, possibly excluding Luminara Unduli and Aurra Sing. And her bellybutton is way cute.:eek:

Articulation is above and beyond what we have come to expect from our beloved line. Two separate (swiveling) joints on her left arm are in addition to the ball-joint at the left shoulder. The magnet on her left hand is small and, while not concealed by paint, is unobtrusive. The right arm has only the ball-joint at the shoulder, but that is enough. The left leg swivels at her upper thigh so she can be posed in a kicking position. Interestingly, she is not articulated at the hips, but at mid-torso; probably works better on Aayla, since she has rather big hips.

She has some difficulty standing freely, due to her wide stance, so the base comes in really handy. It even has little footprints at the pegs, in case this is your first figure and you have no idea what the pegs are for (I guess).

I have left her lightsaber (blue) tied to her right hand, and have not yet tried posing her with the Force-lightning, but it looks like it would work quite well. And yet, I thought the good Jedi didn't resort to using that stuff?...

All in all, Aayla is wicked fun. My WM had only one of her, as well as one Barriss Offee; but I passed on the latter, since the figure looked to be much less well done that Aayla. I hope I was right!

mm74md
04-23-2003, 10:47 AM
Aayla is sweet. You should've picked up the Barriss as well in my opinion. The only problem I find with Aayla is that the shoulder articulation is not hidden very well :( Otherwise a wonderful figure!

Dark Marble
05-02-2003, 04:20 PM
I got Aayla and Barriss in the mail today, and I have to say I am not impressed. They are very pretty to look at, but flimsy and not very well constructed. There is a lot of hype around these figures right now, and now that they are here in my hands, I am very disappointed. :(

Reagan Davis
05-11-2003, 11:51 AM
Aayla is a great addition to my collection.......fits well with the other Jedi figs.

Dark Marble
05-20-2003, 04:09 PM
Well I have had Bariss and Aayla for a little while now, and I have to say they grow on you. I ditched the horrible sabers they came with and outfitted them with some extras I had from doubles of hanger duel Ani and Dooku. This was a huge plus! Add that with Aayla and Bariss standing with the other lady Jedis and I am happy. :cool: