PDA

View Full Version : Jango's helmet range-finder

seanmcfripp
04-20-2003, 08:05 PM
What happened to it during the fight with Obi-Wan? After Jango releases the whip chord from his gauntlet, you can see that the range-finder (the attannae looking thing on the side of the helmet) is missing. Now I know he took a few shots to the head (and gave a few shots with his head), but I couldn't find a particular moment during the fight when it dissappeared. Later on in the film on Geonosis, it's back. Just wondering if there's an official explanation (other than costume damage, blunders, etc.)

Anakin2121
04-20-2003, 09:21 PM
It was knocked off when he flew into the ridge of the Kamino landing pad and his jetpack came off. That's also where he got the dent in his helmet.
And it's possible he had a spare antennae...after all, he had a spare jetpack! :)

The 'Xir
04-20-2003, 10:10 PM
If you're talking about, right after he releases the chord to tie up Obi-Wan's hands, and then ignights his jetpack to drag Obi-Wan around the platform...it's there! He's actually using it! It's lowered and infront of his mask, I'm assuming his using it to guide the chord to make sure he ensnarles Obi-Wan! You see it immeidately after Jango takes off(in flight). Now, weather he damages and loses it when he crashes into the side rail when the Jetpack goes flying, that I don't know! I'll have to watch it again!

Jayspawn
04-21-2003, 12:03 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought Jango lost it when Obi-Wan kicked him in the head. :p Now that had to hurt.

Tonysmo
04-21-2003, 01:12 AM
maybe it was the Head-butt he put on Obi Wan...

RussUAE
04-21-2003, 07:09 AM
He didn't head butt Obi-Wan in the UK version of the film. Too violent for kids apparently...

Pendo
04-21-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by RussUAE
He didn't head butt Obi-Wan in the UK version of the film. Too violent for kids apparently...

Yet head butts in other films, such as Lord of The Rings, were OK :mad:!!! I just hope in a couple of years when George Lucas does the Special Editions, with the Tuskens attacking Anakin first :crazed:, that the BBFC has slightly changed their rules and the head butt can be back in it.

PENDO!

Anakin2121
04-21-2003, 10:04 AM
I guess a headbutt's okay if you're fighting a vicious creature, but in man-on-man fights it's a no-no. :D

The 'Xir
04-22-2003, 02:11 AM
I watched all those platform scenes again last night, and although I was correct in what I said above, sean is right! Somewhere around the time Jango crashes into the siderailing, and his jetpack goes flying; it's hard to see when, but somewhere in that or the following scenes the Rangefinder goes missing! I think Anakin is right also about the dent in the helmet, but that also was hard to determine! He clearly doesn't have (the Rangefinder) while he's climbing back up the sloped roof, from the edge after Obi-Wan falls off!
I bet ya anything the CG animators just forgot to put it in!

Kidhuman
04-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Anakin2121
I guess a headbutt's okay if you're fighting a vicious creature, but in man-on-man fights it's a no-no. :D

All is fair in a fight. Head Butts are perfectly legal. They hurt but are legal.

mini-rock
04-22-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
All is fair in a fight. Head Butts are perfectly legal. They hurt but are legal.

I agree..............they do hurt!:eek:

seanmcfripp
04-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Here's another observation along the same line. What happened to Jango's other pistol? Obviously, he starts out with two. Between crashing into the siderail and getting kicked off the side of the platform, I'm sure he lost one of them. But it seems like any good bounty hunter (especially the galaxy's most notorious) would have a few spare pistols as backup (even though they are customized Westar something or others). He just looks funny later on in the movie with two holsters and only one gun. You see it first when he tells Anakin to freeze in the droid factory; he's only got one pistol. Then after he smokes Coleman Trebor (the aquatic looking Jedi that goes after Dooku on the balcony) he does that fancy cowboy pistoleer twirling move, but with only one gun (the other hoster is empty). Maybe he would've stood a better chance against Mace if he'd had both pistols instead of just one.

Well, now that I think about it, probably not. Mace would've jacked him anyway.

Anakin2121
04-22-2003, 10:42 PM
He actually lost both his guns in the Kamino fight. If you watch in slow-motion, one flies out and is lost when Obi-Wan does that super-sweet flying jump-kick. :D Then, when they're tied together and Obi-Wan kicks him, the other pistol falls into the drink as the two of them slide down. So Jango only had one spare pistol on board the ship. :)

seanmcfripp
04-22-2003, 10:56 PM
That was indeed a pretty sweet kick. Although it was computer generated, I'll always like to think Ewan McGregor pulled that off himself.
He's quite the muscular actor...
*said in a Sean Connery-esque accent*

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-22-2003, 11:43 PM
I thought he got the dent while getting screwed up by the Reek.

Anakin2121
04-23-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
I thought he got the dent while getting screwed up by the Reek.

That's what I thought originally as well. However, if you go to the dvd.starwars.com site as the DVD is in, and select text commentary as you watch the movie, the scene plays where Jango flies into the ground on the landing platform and loses his jetpack. The text says something like, "A CG Jango was used for this shot. This is where he lost his range-finder and dented his helmet." :)

Pendo
04-23-2003, 06:39 PM

On the subject of headbutts, I've just found out that the UK version the the Matrix had loads of headbutts cut out of it :(.

In the UK, 10 seconds of footage was cut from the cinema version to attain a more commercial "15" certificate. The BBFC asked for cuts to 8 headbutts - in the fight between Morpheus and Agent Smith (1 and 3 respectively), and in the subway fight between Neo and Agent Smith (2 each).

Damn :mad:, what has the BBFC got against headbutts that no other country has? How come AOTC would only have been a 12 with a headbutt, but Matrix an 18 with headbutts?

Anyway, back on topic...

That's what I thought originally as well. However, if you go to the dvd.starwars.com site as the DVD is in, and select text commentary as you watch the movie, the scene plays where Jango flies into the ground on the landing platform and loses his jetpack. The text says something like, "A CG Jango was used for this shot. This is where he lost his range-finder and dented his helmet." :)

I don't have a DVD-ROM drive on my PC but those textual commentaries sound cool. Thanx Anakin :).

PENDO!

Anakin2121
04-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
How come AOTC would only have been a 12 with a headbutt, but Matrix an 18 with headbutts?
PENDO!

Because in the Matrix, headbutts made pretty gruesome sound effects, and kicked up dust and blood off their heads, and the characters would grunt and groan and be like, "Ooh!" and whatnot. So it's pretty violent.

As opposed to in AOTC, where Jango bashes his helmet into Obi-Wan's face and he merely falls. :)