PDA

View Full Version : Frosting here, frosting there

LusiferSam
04-20-2003, 09:30 PM
About a week ago I was checking my e1 toys and I made an odd discovery. The fuel pump (or whatever you want to call it) from the Pod Fuel Station and fish from the underwater accessory kit had frosted. And not just a little bit, both are covered over. After checking the rest of my figures I found only these two item were frosted.
So I'm wondering if anyone else had had this happen? :confused: Or if its just my bad luck as of resent. :mad:

Capitan_Moroni
04-25-2003, 08:21 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm..............frosting...

As for that, dont alot of vintage figures crystalize? I think theres a thread on this in the vintage figure forum if you want to check that out.

Darth Sidious
04-25-2003, 08:53 PM
Frosted? Hmm...what do you mean? Could you post pics?

LusiferSam
04-26-2003, 12:46 PM
Ok frosting is the crystallization of an item. It looks like it has been dipped in a fine granular sugar. In the pic you can't see much on the fish, you really need a close look at. But the fuel thing should be black, not the grayish color it looks to be.
There is a discussion in the vintage section about this problem if you want more info.

JabbaGlob
05-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Looks like soap scum. Did you ever play with them in the bathtub? Glub Glub!!

LusiferSam
05-02-2003, 12:13 AM
I wish it were soap scum, but no its not. It looks like dust on first inspection, but up close it more like very small crystals on the surface.

JediTricks
05-03-2003, 07:46 AM
I've had a few toys that have developed this over the ages, I believe it's from the glue being used there. Krazy Glue does this very quickly to most materials it touches, especially plastics used for models (which is why far too many of my model starships and cars have ugly white frost near the joints :(). I haven't a clue as how to deal with this though.