PDA

View Full Version : TRU Silver Clonetrooper

Jerjerrod
04-21-2003, 12:46 AM
I saw somewhere that TRU and Hasbro will release the 2nd vacuum metalized figure: The Clone Trooper. Like R2, you'll have to buy $20 worth of Star Wars figures to get it as a free gift.

Hopefully they'll use one of the upcoming Clone Saga Clonetrooper sculpts, and not the existing preview or red one.

RussUAE
04-21-2003, 12:53 AM
Opps, I just wrote the same whilst you posted this! Personally I would have thought a silver Stormtrooper would ahve been cooler. But I'd be happy with this figure.

As long as it's easy to get hold of. I had to buy the R2 from an online retailer as I don't live in the USA and so it was the only way to get one.

Jerjerrod
04-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by RussUAE
Opps, I just wrote the same whilst you posted this! Personally I would have thought a silver Stormtrooper would ahve been cooler. But I'd be happy with this figure.

As long as it's easy to get hold of. I had to buy the R2 from an online retailer as I don't live in the USA and so it was the only way to get one.

I here ya, a Stormtrooper would have rocked! Preferably the CTC Stormie, or even POTJ Sandtrooper. I also had to buy my silver R2 on Ebay, because Canadian TRU's don't give squat. :mad: Chances are, I'll have to BUY this "free" gift again. :rolleyes:

LTBasker
04-21-2003, 01:12 AM
Nah if they made a Stormtrooper one, I'd rather it be based off the one in the upcoming 4-pack but with a turned hand to hold his rifle and stand sentry. He'd look sweet next to a Vader, if we ever revolt and take over Hasbro thus being able to create tons more of'em. :crazed:

I'd guess the Clone will be the Preview sculpt or the Yellow Clone sculpt from the upcoming 3-pack, however since they seem to be doing things the easiest ways possible, they'll like use the Preview sculpt. It also more accurate as the Yellow Clone sculpt is holding his rifle with his left hand as the main grip when it should be his right.

Overall it'd be nice to get a few of these, maybe for special sentry Clones?

aceguide
04-21-2003, 10:26 AM
Sounds good to me. Still fuming over the Fett #'s - obviously won't ever see that one....

187-Maul
04-21-2003, 02:49 PM
if it will be as easily accessible as the silver R2 (my TRU still has about 30 poieces all in a bin for 7,50 each) then I will get it (actually it would be the first silver fig I want and even buy)

SirSteve
04-21-2003, 05:09 PM
Known about this for a few months but awaiting confirmation as I don't like to post rumors... seeing as it's just about what I was told, it may be true.

DarthChuckMc
04-21-2003, 05:16 PM
That's why you're the king Steve. No half arsed rumor monger here.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Ummm . . . what's going on? This thread makes no sense, could someone post a link to the site that talks about the silver clone?

DarthChuckMc
04-21-2003, 05:43 PM
TRU "supposedly" is going to have another promo this year with the release of the BIG BOOK. This time, instead of R2, we get a "silver' Clonetrooper. Possibly the same deal, buy $20 worth of stuff, get a free silver Clone.

Dr Zoltar
04-21-2003, 05:48 PM
I'd like to encourage everyone to write to TRU corporate HQ and beg them to train their employees properly this time around with a promo. I had a lot of trouble with the silver R2 with employees not having a clue about the promotion. I even had to go to the store manager before someone even acknowledged that they had them to give out.

Sentinel18725
04-21-2003, 06:14 PM
Excellent. I would prefer that they stick with classic figures instead of figures from the new Episodes. I would love a silver Chewie or Han set.

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-21-2003, 07:05 PM
Hopefully they'll make more than R2 because I didn't even get that :(

Jargo
04-21-2003, 08:25 PM
"Silver clonetroopers don't interest me Admiral"

Shame they can't use this vaccuum chroming to actually make a useful regular figure like say - the silver death star droid RA-7 and bung that on a saga card for general release. Y'know, something everyone could get. Like the way it's supposed to work when a large toymaking company releases product? I mean crazy as it sounds to actually have stuff in the stores for people to actually find and buy........... :rolleyes:

Turbowars
04-21-2003, 10:04 PM
or how about Hasbro using the silver on the Flying Saga R2. Never mind the figure would still suck. Very interesting, where did this info come from? Please do tell!!

Chiesa
04-22-2003, 02:21 PM
How about a SILVER C3PO. I guess that wouldn't make sense.

I feel that a silver clonetrooper is cool! I would defnitely love to see an army of smart shiny cloneys!

But I just hope we have some sort of a confirmation on this...

Kidhuman
04-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Either way I guess it is cool. Probably to go with the new CLone Wars line. A stormtrooper would be cool too.

Banthaholic
11-26-2003, 11:15 AM
This isn't for everyone, but ebayer maybang is selling these for $39.95 I ordered one last Thursday, and got this bad boy today.
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=maybang&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

I had to figure that even if TRU gets these in, the nearest location is an hour drive from me, so gas costs would eat up the extra $20 I spent pretty quick, plus no guarantee of them having it (happended to me last year with the R2, drove the hour and they didn't get there yet)

bobafett07728
11-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Did I miss something? When are/were these available? Please. . . someone clear this up for me!?!?!?!

Banthaholic
11-26-2003, 12:32 PM
They aren't available yet.
They were originally rumored to be a TRU big book give-away or black friday give-away.
For whatever reason TRU hasn't picked this exclusive up yet, although might be doing so.

Turbowars
11-27-2003, 11:26 AM
There are some as low as $36.99. I was thinking about it, but look what happened with the Silver Fett. They were selling for $100+ and now you can get them for under 20. I can wait to get one off e-bay for $15.

Hellboy
11-28-2003, 03:36 PM
I'm with you on this Turbo. Now that Hasbro has realized the demand for these Silver Edition figures they'll probably never be in short supply anymore. I think its funny when people end up paying to much for these thinking they're getting the next Toy Fair Vader. I'm waiting for sure.

darthzirock
11-29-2003, 02:17 AM
If the Silver Clone is painted instead of vac-metalized, please feel free to ask for the one I won't be getting, even if it is free!

AmanaMatt
11-29-2003, 10:07 AM
If the Silver Clone is painted instead of vac-metalized, please feel free to ask for the one I won't be getting, even if it is free!

Yup, from what I have seen - these are painted ala the Silver Fett - which, let's be honest, is not nearly as cool looking.

Ok, ignorant question - is the vac metallization process more expensive to produce for Hasbro than just the standard paint application?

Turbowars
11-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Yup, from what I have seen - these are painted ala the Silver Fett - which, let's be honest, is not nearly as cool looking.

Ok, ignorant question - is the vac metallization process more expensive to produce for Hasbro than just the standard paint application?Hell yes, most of the time they have send the figure through a few times just to get it 100% covered.