PDA

View Full Version : Articulation

mm74md
04-21-2003, 01:22 PM
Sure, I like lots of articulation. But what's up with the feet articulation on Secret Ceremony Anikin and the terrible concealing of the shoulder articulation on Aayla Secura & Barriss Offee?

Great overall figures mind you, but some disappointing little properties!

Tycho
04-21-2003, 01:46 PM
I really liked all the 3 figures you mentioned above. I think they're great!

LTBasker
04-21-2003, 01:53 PM
That's not the point though, Tycho. :confused: Hasbro has shown they can do better jobs in concealing joints, well Aayla's shoulders are understandable. Also the feet articulation on Anakin is just waste of good articulation. Those balljoints would've been great in the knees or heck, the arms could've had the swivel part and the knees could've had the regular joint. There's absolutely no reason he needs pivoting feet...

Another bad articulation point example is Carkoon Fett and how his right leg bends at under the knee, I guess when he fired his jetpack with that HUGE thrust his leg broke from the g-forces. :crazed:

mm74md
04-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I really liked all the 3 figures you mentioned above. I think they're great!

Me too!!! :D

Originally posted by mm74md
Great overall figures mind you , but some disappointing little properties!

Jargo
04-21-2003, 02:23 PM
They could have hidden the knee joint of Fett behind the knee pad and had the knee pad be part of the lower leg and such. Could have and should have. The execution of that joint is just absolutely naff, terrible, bad, disappointing, frustrating, crap, abysmal, dire, pathetic, and cetera....

Aayla could have had better joints even in such a small figure. If they can joint Lama Peggy Su so well with such tiny shoulders then they can do a ball joint four times the size for Aayla that doesn't snap off when you turn it and is better hidden within the shoulder itself. These joints are just lazy workmanship and just sloppy and nasty. Considering the guy spent so damn long working on the figure you'd think he and the other hasbroken workers could at least make the joints stronger and make them less obvious.

Barris is a nice statue. Useless action figure but a nice statue. Well sculpted for a figurine statue ornament but as an action figure plain hopeless. It's one step forward and two back with hasbroken all the time. You get rid of the action features and it's in with statue poses on nearly all the figures. Articulation where it isn't needed on some and absolutely no articulation where it is needed on most.

I have one thing to say to hasbroken and that is WAKE UP!

Prince Xizor
04-21-2003, 03:19 PM
I'm just happy we are finally getting ball jointed shoulders...

Dark Marble
04-21-2003, 03:37 PM
I always love how Emperor Jargo just brings it on home. I never need to post any of my frustrations because it would only be an injustice to Jargo's evaluations. By the way I don't have any of these figures yet. ;)