PDA

View Full Version : New Radiohead!!!

The 'Xir
04-21-2003, 05:18 PM
Have you guys heard any of it yet? The new album is called, "Hail to the Theif". I've been able to download about half of it off the internet, and waiting to get the other half! I swear this band has invented a new form of music, yeah it has it's influences but God they are just awesome!
I've heard:
Sit Down, Stand up
Sail to the Moon
Backdrifts
Where I End, and You Begin
We Suck Young Blood
The Glooming
There There
Myxomatosis
and A Wolf at the Door

Still need: 2+2=5
Go to Sleep
I Will
A Punch-Up at the Wedding
and
Scatterbrain

But, what I've heard kicks arse so far! 'There There' the first single is great, but one song I absolutely love is 'Myxomatosis'!!! It sounds believe it or not like a futuristic Black Sabbath song.
'Sail to the Moon' is one of those classic Thom Yorke absolutely beatiful tracks very Haunting very beatiful(actually I've only heard the live version, so I don't know what it may sound like on the album). Then there's a great track called 'A Wolf at the Door' That sounds like The Doors doing the theme to the GodFather, in a vocal rambling much like REM's 'It's the end of the World as we know it' but not quite as cathcy(the vocals that is, but the song is)!

Have you guys heard it and what do ya think? What do you like off it so far?

The 'Xir
04-21-2003, 05:23 PM
I was gonna put a link to a rh site for some of the tracks, but the site is redoing there multi-media section, for I'm assumming some obvious reasons, I'll post it when they get it back up but for the meantime just check out this site. Theives Welcomed (http://greenplastic.com)

Capitan_Moroni
04-21-2003, 05:28 PM
I love the new album, I got it off the internet too. My favorite song on it by far is 2+2=5. I had my friend with perfect-pitch write me a transcrition of it and I play it on the piano all the time.

seth_quinn
04-21-2003, 05:29 PM
I haven't heard any of the tracks yet but did hear that everything that got leaked hadn't been mastered yet so expect all of it to sound even better once the album is actually released.

other Thom stuff to check out: the movie/soundtrack for Velvet Goldmine and an Unkle track titled "Rabbit In Your Headlights"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Thin rubber gloves
She laughs when she's crying
She cries when she's laughing

Fat bloody fingers are sucking your soul away

I love that RIYH video, too bad it got little play in the US, my jaw drops everytime i watch it.

I dl the new album the day it was available and love it. I can't wait for the mastered version. I dunno if it can top "The Bends" though, "Fake Plastic Trees" still brings tears to my eyes. :D

Kidhuman
04-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Haven't heard anything from it yet but I will be downloading some of it soon. Thanks for the titles

EricRG
04-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Yeah Quinn, that Velvet Goldmine soundtrack IS great. Obi-wan (Ewan) even sings a song. Anybody who wants to see a Jedi Master expose his arse to a huge crowd of people should see the film (good movie).

Anxiously awaiting the new rh album...

dr_evazan22
04-21-2003, 11:50 PM
I hadn't heard anything about a new album. Where did you guys go to download this? Please don't say kazaa...

The 'Xir
04-22-2003, 12:36 AM
Kaz... OK, I won't! ;)

If they get it up soon, I'm assuming the site that I have a link to above will have most of the tracks. Most likely you'll need realplayer, because that is what they have required in the past! But, who knows it's an all new Multimedia section! I'm assuming they're probably working on something special for the release, where you'll be able to stream the whole albumn upon it's release, or atleast each song individually! We'll see.

figrin bran
04-22-2003, 02:06 AM
i'm holding out until the album comes out but i have heard "there there" on the radio and i've heard recordings of most of the new songs when they were performed last summer.

"there's always a siren singing you to shipwreck"

seth_quinn
04-22-2003, 07:11 AM
most likely it's related to the massive amount of bandwidth being gobbled up with the huge demand for downloads. if they do put a link up again let us know, all p2p blows.

The 'Xir
04-28-2003, 11:41 AM
Video release for 'There, There' (www.greenplastic.com/news/archives/00000438.html)

The 'Xir
05-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Well, here are some classics to tie you over until the 'There There' release: Videos (http://music.capitolrecords.com/jukebox.asp?ClubID=42&TranSpeedTypeID=4&ContentTypeID=1&MediaAttributeID=0)
enjoy!!! :D

Hellboy
05-11-2003, 01:22 PM
One of the only groups (along with Coldplay) that I don't need to hear a single track from the album to know its gonna be good. Is there an official release date for the album?

jjreason
05-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Yep, agreed Hellboy. The money might as well already be spent because I'll have the disc the day I see it. Radiohead is just super.

The 'Xir
05-11-2003, 02:19 PM
The New albumn is scheduled for release in all of North America on June 10th!
The 'There,There' video was released on Mtv Europe on May 9th and I'm assumming we will be seeing it sometime soon ourselves if it hasn't alredy been shown! I hope they have a Radiohead weekend like they did for one of the last two Radiohead albumn releases!!! I'll have to check Mtv's site for that info, I haven't been there in awhile. Let ya know!

seth_quinn
05-14-2003, 01:38 AM
rh is doing a show on June 2nd and theaters here in Canada are showing it (like they do with wwe ppv's) just thought it might be something some of you would want to look into this weekend when you go to see the matrix reloaded.

The 'Xir
05-16-2003, 12:26 AM
Win a trip to see Radiohead live in NYC (www.area93.com/contests/backstage-thursdays.html) :D :cool:

The 'Xir
05-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Oh sorry, this was on the greenplastic internet site, but there's no way you can really win unless you live in Colorado! You have to sign up for the site's free membership, but then you have to listen to the station to hear if you've won and call back within the hour! It would have been fine for everybody if we could listen to a live stream over the internet, but when I got to that section of the site, it stated that they had discontinued that section(streaming live) of their site!
Sorry again!

cool site though!

The 'Xir
05-19-2003, 01:42 PM
Radiohead in Time Square (http://www.rr.com/v5/2/news/frame/0,2331,,00.html?43~ap~1~9006_415409)

The 'Xir
06-18-2003, 02:03 AM
Now that it has been out a week what do you guys think of the new Radiohead albumn?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-18-2003, 11:08 AM
I've had the album since it got leaked, but fear not, i bought it (the special edition!) the day it was out. I love it!!! It sounds even better remastered and touched up. I'm getting, well going to try to get tickets to the Cleveland and Chicago shows in August. May the force be with me! :D

Hellboy
06-18-2003, 02:59 PM
I got it the day it came out and it's been in my CD player ever since. So obviously I love it.

I think it's cool how each of their albums has a very unique feel. Hail to the Thief is quite haunting at times and comes off more instrumental and less electronic than their last few albums. Like all their albums I have to listen to the whole thing straight through about 3 times before I really start to appreciate the depth of this music.

If you're a Radiohead fan you will not be dissapointed. :cool:

dr_evazan22
06-18-2003, 10:33 PM
My first reaction is that I like it. It hasn't come out of my bedroom CD player yet, usually listen to it at night while reading, drifting off to sleep. (I still have Metallica in the computers CD ROM) I plan on getting tix to the Philly show when they go on sale on Sat.

Ordered the live CD from BestBuy and should be receiving it in a day or two...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Dr- are you referring to the "I Might Be Wrong: The Live Recordings" disc?? I got that! it's AWESOME!!! Though the dates they have for the recordings are wrong. The live version they got of "Like Spinning Plates" was recorded at the show I hit in Cuyahoga Falls in 2001!!! Wohooo!!! It also has a beautiful version of "True Love Waits", which is hands down my fave Radiohead song. I just hope i get tickets to those two shows. That would just complete my summer. :D

dr_evazan22
06-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Yeah, that's the one. I'm going to pick it up from the post office tomorrow morning.

plasticfetish
06-21-2003, 04:10 AM
I found a credit from something like 2 years ago for the local "trade in your used CDs" place ... off we went to cash it in ... and I've been playing Hail to the Thief all evening.

Obviously I'm not likely to say it sucks. But I think I can somewhat objectively say that it's a solid album. Like Hellboy said above ... it'll take a few days of listening, but I already know that I'm gonna burn myself out on "There, there." I'm a sucker for the hook ... it's funny how RH can make an album that's so nontraditional, but still slide in those few songs that you find yourself humming (or groaning or whatever.)

It's a nice nice blend of acoustic and electronic, digital and analogue. Much like Thom's voice, it's lovely and yet somewhat hard to "get" at first listen. Good to have something new that's worth listening to over and over again.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-21-2003, 11:36 AM
I just love the fact that every Radiohead album is unique. Even "Pablo Honey" while a standard debut, has some very good songs (see "Anyone can Play Guitar" and "Lurgee"). I know that "Kid A" and "Amnesiac" took a lot of flack, but to me, they're nothing short of brilliant. I could listen to "How to Disappear" on repeat for hours. I need to get "Meeting People is Easy" on DVD! I have it VHS somewhere...wait, no, i let my friend borrow it and just told her to keep it since i was planning on getting it on DVD. yeah, that was nearly 2 years ago. I hear that "7 Television Commercials" is finally hitting DVD in August too. I have that VHS and used to watch it constantly when i worked at Hollywood Video in Columbus. Nothing makes people ask more questions than the "Paranoid Android" video. :)

Dr- I hope you were lucky enough to get tickets for Philly. WASTE tickets went on sale 3 hours early, so many of their "special tickets" were gone when i woke up, but i was able to get pavillion for both the Cleveland and East Troy, WI shows in Aug. Wohoo!! :D

dr_evazan22
06-21-2003, 02:19 PM
My power went off sometime this morning. My alarm clock was set to go off at 9:50, which it did since there's a battery inside. But I get up and try calling TicketMaster and I get a busy signal. I try TM in Philly- busy. I try the Tweeter Center in Camden NJ (where the show is) and get connected to TM NJ- Busy!

So I went back to bed.

Power finally came back on, the clock says 1:45, I have to be at work at 3. I get up and try again, online. Only thing available is lawn seats, so I haven't purchased yet.

So now I look at my computer clock and it says 3:05. It's only been 20 minutes. Off to work I go...

Oh yeah, I think I've listened to "I might be wrong" like 5 times already.